Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shaby

Being An Actor

i know that being an actor(movie star) is not allowed in Islam.

but if someone really wants to be one, and if he prays 5 times a day and does all the 5 pillars of Islam and reads the quraan everyday, then how bad would it be.

PropellerAds

assalaamu alaikum

i personally think it would be quite bad ... especially for females who are not meant to show themselves to the whole world ... and the same goes for men as well ... and then there would would be all the intermingling between the opposite gender ... and then the question comes as to why would somebody be desperate to become an actor, submitting to the desires of fame money comfort ... and then there is the question about whether tv and films are haraam or not ...

by the way, my friend's apas told us that when actors act out marriage ceremonies, it is enough for them to say 'i will' to be considered married ... so they REALLY are married! and so commit adultery when they go off with others :D

Edited by saufia

Asalamu'Alycom

In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful:

For one to follow the five pillars of Islam, by enjoining the five Prayers fully, as you have stated, and to recite Quran everyday, the desire to become an actor would not even enter their mind, unless the actions for Allah are done out of show for other people.

For one to obey Allah, their only desire is to be with Allah in the Gardens of Paradise, so by following that which is Halal, their desire to follow actions that is Haram would not enter their mind.

So therefore we can conlude that the one who follows the pillars of Islam for the sake of Allah alone, would not be found in a job that is clearly Haram, stated by all Scholars of Islam, such as becoming an actor.

salaam

do you even know the meaning of backbiting, how is that backbiting?

mushraff is clearly an evil greedy dictator.

Edited by zuhahmed

salaam

:D

i don't disagree with u but regardless of how much mushraff is bad for muslims, i don't think IF policy allows us to discuss politics. so let's not go there & get ourselves warned.

i agree, how can these people be in the film and call themselves muslims! wheneevr i see a paki drama or whatever my blood starts boiling! they are in no way or form what you can call "true" muslims! they are that just for the sakes of it!

as for musharaff he may be a great person but pakistan is not an Islamic country that it should be! and it is all our faults, we should protest!

salaam

it is backbiting, you tell me the meaning of backbiting?

i would call it critism... he's public figure who loves attention.. so he has to listne to both good & bad he does. it's not possible for us to go & tell him what's wrong with him but it doesn't mean we just shut up & stay quiet. we need to make ppl aware of his wrong doings.

Assalamu Aleikum

According to Imam Anwar Al Awlaki, a person cannot be a good actor unless he is a hypocrite. If you are not a good hypocrite then you do not really know how to act.

Salam

Question #9784: What is the definition of gheebah and what is the ruling on it? 

Click here to get a printable version

Question :

What is the definition of gheebah and what is the ruling on it?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Gheebah (backbiting, gossip) means that a person mentions the faults of his Muslim brother in his absence, which he would not like if he heard about it, when there is no need  to mention them.

When I say “mentions the faults of his brother�, this excludes cases when the other person says something to praise or commend him.

When I say “Muslim brother�, this excludes the kaafir, for there is no gheebah in the case of a kaafir.

When I say, “in his absence�, this excludes things said in his presence, which is not called gheebah according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions.

When I say, “which he would dislike if he heard about it�, this excludes things which he would not mind.

When I say, “when there is no need to mention them�, this excludes cases when there is a shar’i reason for doing that, such as warning against an innovator to make people aware of his bid’ah.

It is essential to pay attention to the following in such cases:

1.     Sincerity towards Allaah and seeking His pleasure.

2.     Paying attention to the interests being served by such things.

3.     What is said should be limited to the shortcomings in question and should not go further, to matters in which there is no benefit.

The scholars agreed that it is haraam to talk behind a person’s back for no legitimate purpose. Most of them stated that this is a major sin and that it varies in degree, some kinds being worse than others. The one who backbites about a scholar is not like one who backbites about an ignorant person. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful�

[al-Hujuraat 49:12]

In Saheeh Muslim it is narrated from al-‘Alaa’ ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan from his father from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do you know what gheebah is?� They said, “Allaah and His Messenger know best.� He said, “That you say something about your brother that he dislikes.� He was asked, “What if what I say about my brother is true?� He said, “If what you say is true then you have gossiped about him, and if it is not true then you have slandered him.�

Abu Dawood narrated in his Sunan via Nawfal ibn Masaahiq from Sa’eed ibn Zayd that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most prevalent kind of usury (riba) is going to lengths in talking unjustly against a Muslim’s honour.�

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Your blood, your wealth and your honour are sacred among you, as sacred as this day of yours in this month of yours in this land of yours. Let those who are present convey it to those who are absent; perhaps he will convey it to one who has more understanding than he does.�

(Agreed upon, from the hadeeth of Abu Bakrah).

One of the worse types of gheebah and one which is most emphatically forbidden it to look down upon a Muslim and do one’s utmost to insult him, show disrespect towards him and cast aspersions upon his honour. This is a blameworthy characteristic and a serious malady; it is one of the major sins and the one who does this is subject to the warning and a severe punishment.

Shaykh Sulaymaan ibn Naasir al-‘Alwaani (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

Question #14004: It is not permissible for a Muslim to fight with kaafirs against the Muslims at all 

Click here to get a printable version

Question :

I work in the army of a non-Muslim state, and there are wars between them and the Muslims. What is the ruling if they send me with a division of this army to wage war against the Muslims? As a Muslim, my feelings are that I never want to fight against Muslims in any war. 

What should I do? 

What is the ruling if I go…?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.  

If you are sent to wage war against the Muslims, then it is not permissible for you to take part at all. Helping the kaafirs against the Muslims is a form of major kufr which puts one beyond the pale of Islam. Allaah says concerning one who supports the mushrikeen (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’, i.e., friends), then surely, he is one of them�[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

With regard to how you may get out of this situation, and what excuse you can give to get out of this dilemma if it happens, we ask Allaah to help you, and we suggest that you consult some Muslims who have relevant knowledge or experience.

We want to emphasize to you the necessity of finding other employment and of leaving service in the army of the kaafirs, because that implies helping them, strengthening them and increasing the numbers of their fighters and supporters – unless your work can bring some benefits to the Muslims, such as giving information and secrets of the kaafirs to the Muslims so as to help the Muslims, or if your work is purely da’wah, such as giving khutbahs and leading prayers for the Muslims in the kaafir army whilst also advising them to avoid any work that will strengthen the kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep you safe from temptation and to give you a good end in this world and in the Hereafter.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

I don't know....but I think handing fellow Muslim brothers and sisters over to America (or any other kuffar country) to be tortured is an act of kufr. Also, I'm sure that many people would say stuff right to his face, so would that be considered backbiting with that knowledge? That's an honest question, not a question to make my point.

Anyways, back on topic. Why in the world would any pious Muslim want to be an actor when s/he could be practicing the deen even more?

Assalam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Edited by o2cute4u

and Musharaff is not a great man, as you suggest

musharaf is a great man, he has just saved pakistan from drowning, if he wasnt here then pakistan would have been finished 5 years ago.

Mansoor Ansari Posted Yesterday, 07:15 PM

i don't disagree with u but regardless of how much mushraff is bad for muslims, i don't think IF policy allows us to discuss politics. so let's not go there & get ourselves warned.

who told you musharaf is bad for muslims, he is bad for terroists not muslims, before he came there use to be bomb blasts every day in pakistan, there were a million terroists hiding in pakistan, thanks to musharaf he has cleaned all of it and saved many peoples lives from more bomb blasts.

he has made pakistan a much much safer country now.

musharaf is a great man, he has just saved pakistan from drowning, if he wasnt here then pakistan would have been finished 5 years ago.

who told you musharaf is bad for muslims, he is bad for terroists not muslims, before he came there use to be bomb blasts every day in pakistan, there were a million terroists hiding in pakistan, thanks to musharaf he has cleaned all of it and saved many peoples lives from more bomb blasts.

he has made pakistan a much much safer country now.

whatever bro...

he's nothing but a slave/puppet for the west... for his sefish goals doesn't mind destraying muslims. n yes these very terrorist were mushraffs best friends till he decided to change loyalties. ofcourse he went the where the $$$ is.

it's not even abt musharaf here, the majority of us here r not nationalistic & don't look up to corrupt leaders for direction. hence the backfire. well that's enuf from me.

i will post a few links abt nationalism in Islam for u soon.

Asalamu'Alycom

ASTAGHFERALLAH!!! How can you say that Brother? You have commited a Grave Sin!!! He is AGAINST Islam.

He is an allie with America WHICH IS HARAM!!! He orders the torture of Muslims WHICH IS HARAM!!!

Where is the Shari'a in his country???!!! Non. MUSLIMS WERE ARRESTED IN PAKISTAN AND TORTURED AND YOU ARE SAYING HE IS A GOOD MAN???!!!

Study your politics Brother.

"Whosoever shows love and friendship towards the enemy of Islam, bocomes one of them, and shall be raised up on The Day of Judgment with them."

he is bad for terroists not muslims

Which terrorists are you talking about Brother? The so called terrorists who want to bring back Islam??

THE ONES WHO ARE CALLED TERRORISTS ON THIS EARTH ARE THOSE WHO WANT THE BANNER OF Islam RAISED!!!

Brother, you are following the footsteps of the army of Dajjal. Do not be ed in. Study the Islam before you preach on how good a corrupt leader is.

I don't think I need to explain why this thread is closed.