Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake

Prisons In Islam

Assalamo Alaikum,

Bro I was wondering if you know if there are any prisons in an Islamic State. I don't recall from my knowledge hearing anything about them. If we look at prisons today, we see some people coming out worse then when they came in. Jazakair'Allah for the answer.

PropellerAds

:D brother!

In shariah, the punishments are as laid down in "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.youngmuslimscanada(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/display.asp?ID=75"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.youngmuslimscanada(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/display.asp?ID=75[/url]

The concept of jails is, in my opinion non-existent. The punishment is immediate and nobody is locked up for a period. Furthermore, a jail in an Islamic state would be totally different. The prisoners would be required to pray regularly and maintain a good Muslim life. They cannot become hardened criminals as in the non-Islamic states.

Wassalam

Asalaamualikum Brothers

So what are saying is that they are not a part of Islam or are they banned, as they are in there present state?

Asalaamualikum Brothers

So what are saying is that they are not a part of Islam or are they banned, as they are in there present state?

:D

As I mentioned, this is my personal opinion, based on the fact that in Islam, the punishment is immediate. If there is a criminal case, the person wronged needs to be compensated for the wrong. If there is a theft, murder, etc., the criminal is given immediate punishment as prescribed by shariah, which does not include jail.

Wassalam