Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghareeba

Which Prophet Is The Verse...

Which prophet (alyhee as salam) is the verse talking about?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which prophet (alyhee as salam) is the verse talking about?

• Hud
    • Ibrahim
    • Moosa
    • Saleh
    • Yaqub

:D

Here's the deal: you decide who is being discussed in the aya below, and then you vote....if you want to write the ayaat that are being discussed, go ahead, but just give the others at least a day to guess :D :D

ÞóÇáóÊú Åö�ú�óÇåõãóÇ íóÇ ÃóÈóÊö ÇÓúÊóÃú

ƒÅ’öÑúåõ Åöäøó ÎóíúÑó ãóäö ÇÓúÊóÃú

ƒÅ’óÑúÊó ÇáúÞóæöÃ

­Ã¸Ãµ ÇáúÃóãöÃ

­Ã¤Ãµ

Said one of the (damsels): "O my (dear) father! engage him on wages: truly the best of men for thee to employ is the (man) who is strong and trusty"....

:D :D

PropellerAds

Good question sis :D

Alayhum asalaam jamee'an

is it the person that is going to be employeed you asking for sister? or the father?

Edited by Ibn_Khaldun

sorry that I wasn't clear, but think of it this way, cause i said "prophet" its gotta be the person employed, right? :D :D :D

:D for bringing that to my attention.

I have voted ...

Not going to tell you :D

i think i choose the wrong one...

but once i saw what everyone else voted for. i remembered the story. :D

who said the others are right? :D :D

:D dont' worry about it mansoor :D

:D not telling!

*hey, you didn't tell me!*

jk! just wait a while.........suspense........

lol! I guess i'll reveal the answer today insha Allah....*although now you're allowed to "prove" your answer by providing the Quranic ayaat if you want......

People who are still guessing, here's a tip:Don't think too hard (seriously.)

Pretty sure I got this right. :D :D

Good question sis. Jazakallah khair..

OKay, now time to say.

I'd like to first thank all the people who participated! i really appreciate those who took a "risk" and weren't sure!! :D :D :D :D

WEll, the answer was Moosa alyhee as salam. But good job everybody! :D I know sometimes, you know the story really well, but you forget the name of the prophet, etc.

The ayaat are from surat Al Qasas. :D

20. And there came a man, running, from the furthest end of the City. He said: "O Moses! the Chiefs are taking counsel together about thee, to slay thee: so get thee away, for I do give thee sincere advice."

He therefore got away therefrom, looking about, in a state of fear. He prayed "O my Lord! save me from people given to wrong-doing

Then, when he turned his face towards (the land of) Madyan, he said: "I do hope that my Lord will show me the smooth and straight Path

And when he arrived at the watering (place) in Madyan, he found there a group of men watering (their flocks), and besides them he found two women who were keeping back (their flocks). He said: "What is the matter with you?" They said: "We cannot water (our flocks) until the shepherds take back (their flocks): And our father is a very old man."

So he watered (their flocks) for them; then he turned back to the shade, and said:"O my Lord! truly am I in (desperate) need of any good that Thou dost send me!"

Afterwards one of the (damsels) came (back) to him, walking bashfully. She said: "My father invites thee that he may reward thee for having watered (our flocks) for us." So when he came to him and narrated the story, he said: "Fear thou not: (well) hast thou escaped from unjust people."

Said one of the (damsels): "O my (dear) father! engage him on wages: truly the best of men for thee to employ is the (man) who is strong and trusty"....

He said: "I intend to wed one of these my daughters to thee, on condition that thou serve me for eight years; but if thou complete ten years, it will be (grace) from thee. But I intend not to place thee under a difficulty: thou wilt find me, indeed, if Allah wills, one of the righteous."

He said: "Be that (the agreement) between me and thee: whichever of the two terms I fulfil, let there be no ill-will to me. Be Allah a witness to what we say."

The daughters were from the progeny of Shoayb (Alayhis Salaam) right? I heard that...any clarifications? :D

Jazakallah khair for the ayaat sis Batoota. :D

yes I am glad that u mentioned this sister, thats why i said in the first post that wierd question, I was a bit confused, but yes they lived in Madian the area where the Noble prophet Shu'ayb was raised amongst the people as a warner and bringer of good tidings. But then I looked quickly in a tafsiir and couldnt find it being mentioned, inshAllah ill look around more.

OH MY! :D I'm so sorry, now I understand the confusion.

See, I only heard that they lived in that area, I didn't think put two and two together and think that he married fromthe progency of Shoyab!! :D

I just looked it up a bit, but I also didn't find much information. Insha Allah, if i do, I will post it up!

sorry! :D mm and ibn Khaldun for that!

omg what made me vote for prophet Saleh (as)???? :D wats a damsel??

wasalam

its a lady.....

loq dont worry brother even the "best" amongst us make mistakes *smiles*

Yay .. I gorrit right! :D :D

:D for the ayaat batoota :D

Assalamu'Alaykum

Alhamdulillaah i got it right aswell.. i remeber The stories of the prophets its really beautiful. And the best part is he married that same sister who told her father to hire him! :D

but another qn you can ask to spice it up was Why did she say that how did she know he was Strong and trustworthy? :D sorry sister i;m taking over your post :D . Samheney

Edited by 3washey

hey, that is a great question 3washey! :D !!!

Okay, guys- new question: how did the "damsel" know that Moosa Aylhee As-salam, was trustworthy and strong? :D

Err... I think it was when they invited Musa (Alayhis Salaam) over, that he insisted they walk behind him, as so he wouldn't be able to see their figure...

*picks up her book and starts reading everything again*