Islamic Forum
~LO$T_4_EVA~

Did He Deserve It?

:D

If this is the first time he has done this then the boys should have warned him, admonished him as to how sensitive his statements were. If that had failed, then taking action would have been justified.

PropellerAds

Taking exemplary action against a non-muslim who slanders Allah and His Messenger in a muslim majority land is valid. However i dont think it would be wise to take the same action when muslims are the minority as in this case. How many will you beat up? In the early stages of Islam, the Prophet and his sahabas didn't retaliate to the insults and humiliations inflicted by the pagans, they endured with patience. Retaliation at that stage would have been futile and would have hampered the mission of the Prophet, i.e to spread Islam.

assalamuwalaykum

Nabi Muhammad said " All those who are deprived of kindness, are deprived of all goodness". What this kid said to our brothers was very ignorant and wrong. But we sholud be patient with these type of people becuase all they want to do is to get under our skin nad cause us to do something that we know in the end we will regret. what we should do is leave this issue to Allah, we should be patient and steady fast and be strong becuase these are only words.

Dear All,

I think a non-Muslim perspective may be of value here. One of the Muslim's biigest aims in life is surely to convert others to Islam, and show them that Islam is the 'right path' etc. As such, how non-Muslims percieve this incident is equally as important as how Muslims view it, from this perspective.

Where has the role of dialogie gone in this incident? Not only was this person a child, not a grown up, but physical violence to make an intelectual point is rarely justified. It also just enhances the view that many in Britain already have of Muslims as violent and narrow-minded, regardless of what you may think is actually the case, that is the case.

As to your responses; to me, a Christian, some of you just sound plain dangerous. Since when are Muslims 'treated like dirt' in Britain?! If you were, you'd really know about it; for one thing you'd probably all be forced to leave the country! As it is, this is nothing like the case, and people who truly are anti-Muslim, such as the BNP, are a tiny minority deplored by the the rest fo the country. If you think roughing up anyone who says a bad word about Mohammed is the way to go, you will quickly find that people become mnore hostile to Islam, not more favourable. I can say this as a non-Mulism, and you'd do well to listen. Well done all those advocating talking as opposed to violence.

All the best.

Edited by British Christian

I'm shocked at how many people here think they are in a position to give Islamic verdict.

Taking exemplary action against a non-muslim who slanders Allah and His Messenger in a muslim majority land is valid.

If this is the first time he has done this then the boys should have warned him, admonished him as to how sensitive his statements were. If that had failed, then taking action would have been justified.

Allahul mostaa'an.

Qala Ibn Mas'ood: "The one who gives religions verdicts/rulings to the people in everything he says is a mad one who only talks"

( Ibn ´Abdul-Barr and al-Khateeb in al-Faqeeh wal-Mutafaqqih, and from Aboo Khaithamah i al-´Ilm)

And 'Alqamah said: "The one of you who is most eager to answer questions is the most ignorant"

Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Abi Laylaa (rahimahullah) said: "I meet one hundred and twenty people from the Ansar of the Prophet (sallAllahu 'aleyhi wa salam) followers, and when they were asked about anything regarding the religion of Allah, they all did their best to avoid answering the question, and did their best to make someone else answer the question, due to their fear of saying something which was not correct."

The followers of Mohammed, who had more knowledge than any one living today, would run away from answering questions, now we see ignorant youth, 17-25 years old who have never studied Islam for real RUNNING TO GIVE VERDICTS!!!!! 'This is valid', 'this is halal', 'this is makrooh' Allahu ta'ala al mosta'an.

It's now wonder the Muslim Ummah is so lost today, when people never turn to the 'ulemaa for questions, because let's face it, why call all the way to Saudi Arabia or Yemen etc for religious verdicts, when you can just log on to the internet and some kid can give you one ??!

La hoowla wa la quwwata ill billah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

ÈöÓúãö Çááåö ÇáÑøóÃÂúãäö ÇáÑøóÃÂöíãö

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu Dear Brothers & Sisters,

I think we should take the example of Hazrat Ali [Radhiallaahu Anhu] who was in the same situation and follow his example, which was not to excess and just enough for it. The incident is in the "http://forums.gawaher/index.php?showtopic=12736"]Anger[/url] post, third post from the top.

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

SALAAM!!

I totally agree with your point akhi.

the prophet(pbuh) once said.....If someone insults Allah leave that matter with Allah for they are insulting their creator, but if someone insults your prophet you deal with them for they insult you!!

When the prophet (pbuh) speaks about dealing with whomsoever insults our deen this does not Necessarily mean through acts of violence, however it does not seem to me that the act of violence towards the one who insults our deen or prophet is forbidden.

Brother after you have quoted the Hadith i think the matter has been cleared! would i stay quiet if someone abuses my father mother sister! i can take stuff on my own, but if someone says anything about my Prophet :D he is going to get it! atleast ill try my best!

I'm shocked at how many people here think they are in a position to give Islamic verdict.

Allahul mostaa'an.

Qala Ibn Mas'ood: "The one who gives religions verdicts/rulings to the people in everything he says is a mad one who only talks"

( Ibn ´Abdul-Barr and al-Khateeb in al-Faqeeh wal-Mutafaqqih, and from Aboo Khaithamah i al-´Ilm)

And  'Alqamah said: "The one of you who is most eager to answer questions is the most ignorant"

Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Abi Laylaa (rahimahullah) said: "I meet one hundred and twenty people from the Ansar of the Prophet (sallAllahu 'aleyhi wa salam) followers, and when they were asked about anything regarding the religion of Allah, they all did their best to avoid answering the question, and did their best to make someone else answer the question, due to their fear of saying something which was not correct."

The followers of Mohammed, who had more knowledge than any one living today, would run away from answering questions, now we see ignorant youth, 17-25 years old who have never studied Islam for real RUNNING TO GIVE VERDICTS!!!!!  'This is valid', 'this is halal', 'this is makrooh' Allahu ta'ala al mosta'an.

It's now wonder the Muslim Ummah is so lost today, when people never turn to the 'ulemaa for questions, because let's face it, why call all the way to Saudi Arabia or Yemen etc for religious verdicts, when you can just log on to the internet and some kid can give you one ??!

La hoowla wa la quwwata ill billah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Subhanallah! How swift you are to judge people without even taking into consideration the topic, means of discussion, and the substance of the posts. I am amazed how you gathered some hadiths to potray what is in your mind without even giving my posts a second thought. You are new here and i believe you barely even know me.

Where have you seen me giving "religious verdicts" in each and every post of mine? Please view ALL my posts and point it out to me if you care enough to realize your mistake :D

If you read the first post carefully enough this is what the sister (the topic starter) wrote :

I was asked whether the cause of the fight was just and did he deserve to get such beats? I would like to know your opinion on this too...

If my english skills are adequate i believe she didn't ask for a "religious verdict" or "fatwa" but rather our OPINION (according to the dictionary which means : Personal View: the view somebody takes about a certain issue, especially when it is based solely on personal judgment ). All the posters have expressed their views, some without even explanation, and you choose to point your fingers at me.

Moreover this is an "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url], a place where muslims (young and old) and gather to learn and teach. Thats is the essence of forums.

Taking exemplary action against a non-muslim who slanders Allah and His Messenger in a muslim majority land is valid. However i dont think it would be wise to take the same action when muslims are the minority as in this case. How many will you beat up? In the early stages of Islam, the Prophet and his sahabas didn't retaliate to the insults and humiliations inflicted by the pagans, they endured with patience. Retaliation at that stage would have been futile and would have hampered the mission of the Prophet, i.e to spread Islam.

Please consider the point of my post. I reiterate, that is my humble OPINION (meaning see above), not a fatawa and i certainly donot enforce it on anyone.

May Allah grant us guidance and knowledge. Amin.

If my english skills are adequate i believe she didn't ask for a "religious verdict" or "fatwa" but rather our OPINION (according to the dictionary which means : Personal View: the view somebody takes about a certain issue, especially when it is based solely on personal judgment ). All the posters have expressed their views, some without even explanation, and you choose to point your fingers at me.

You can call it what you want, if someone asks you about a situation and you say "it is valid", this is a verdict. A opinion would be if someone says "I don't know all the proof but it would seem to me", or something like that, saying "It's valid" is stating a fact.

Secondly, the reason I quoted you was because you were the one who made the most obvious statements which could be identified as a verdict, the others just went "Well we have to be friendly" etc etc, which is true and does not give a verdict to any specific situation.

Thirdly, when confronted with stories from the Sahabas and statements from Ibn Mas'ood and other than them, instead of acting humble you start defending yourself, claiming you can say something is halal / haram if it's your opinion??? Allahul mosta'an.

Now you're probably going to continue defending yourself and talking about how mistaken I am. However I will probably not read it, so don't waste your time, read the statements I posted and remember Islam is not a religion where all kids can come and say their opinion on wheter a certain thing is lawful or not, it does not work like that.

Allahul mosta'an, a little humbility, just admiting when you're wrong and saying Allahu a'alam, wouldn't hurt.

Naseehatun lakum wa lana in shaa Allah

Valid - reasonable, sound, rational, legitimate, well-founded, defensible, justifiable, bona fide

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2005. © 1993-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

I swear by Allah the Almighty my intention was not to give any fatwa.

Its a pity you continued to vilify me despite the number of times i have stated it was my opinion.

Posting a few hadiths in the wrong cause doesn't make you right. I didn't show disrespect, you have applied them out of context. I have never gone on telling people Islamic verdicts, i hope you did a search of all my posts. Please dont go around accusing people of something you barely have any knowledge of.

Thirdly, when confronted with stories from the Sahabas and statements from Ibn Mas'ood and other than them, instead of acting humble you start defending yourself, claiming you can say something is halal / haram if it's your opinion??? Allahul mosta'an.

I didn't say anything is haram or halal.

Now you're probably going to continue defending yourself and talking about how mistaken I am. However I will probably not read it, so don't waste your time, read the statements I posted and remember Islam is not a religion where all kids can come and say their opinion on wheter a certain thing is lawful or not, it does not work like that.

In that case nobody should have posted to this thread or any other thread. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. We dont give legal verdicts in this forum, we discuss.

Allahul mosta'an, a little humbility, just admiting when you're wrong and saying Allahu a'alam, wouldn't hurt.

Yes i could've added Allahu A'lim, thank you for pointing out. I dont see why i need to apologize for something that i didn't intend, but you misunderstood? Anyway, for this topics sake, i apologize if you thought i gave a fatwa :D

Just one thing brother.

Please prove how it applies to me. If you cannot, i think you need to apologize because in other words you're calling me a mad person.

The followers of Mohammed, who had more knowledge than any one living today, would run away from answering questions, now we see ignorant youth, 17-25 years old who have never studied Islam for real RUNNING TO GIVE VERDICTS!!!!!  'This is valid', 'this is halal', 'this is makrooh' Allahu ta'ala al mosta'an.

Dont be so quick to judge and generalize people. Just because you thought i gave a fatwa you call me ignorant and "RUNNING TO GIVE VERDICTS". MashaAllah, where are people with wisdom and understanding?

Let this matter rest with Allah. Surely there will come a day when the truth will be known to all.

Oh yes, Allahu 'Alim.

asalam aleikum,

We are acting like animals, instead of bringing people to Islam, we scare them away with our transgression.

Sure the kid deserves a little whooping, but we Muslims are different from the rest, and we have to show it.

Instead of beating the kid, they could have passed on knowledge to him, he might have changed his mind about Islam and things could have gone farther. But after being beaten, this kid is going to hate Islam and Muslims.

Masalam

Edited by m-16

And muslims continue to blame the media, corrupt governments, Islamaphobia etc for Islam having a bad image yet u shoot urselfs in the foot every chance u get.

Beating up a kid, what exactly did he say to deserve this, dose any1 even know?

And muslims continue to blame the media, corrupt governments, Islamaphobia etc for Islam having a bad image yet u shoot urselfs in the foot every chance u get.

Beating up a kid, what exactly did he say to deserve this, dose any1 even know?

Hello,

Oh the media has a lot to do with much of the Islamphobia, don't deny that, but i must give this one to you, i do believe that our transgression is the main cause of Islamphobia. Don't generalize either, remember that most of the terrorism comes from the extremist Muslims.

Peace

Edited by m-16

I think execising restraint would have been best.

that most of the terrorism comes from the extremist Muslims.

True, but alot of muslim extremists are the result of wacko end times christians.

I think execising restraint would have been best.

True, but alot of muslim extremists are the result of wacko end times christians.

Maybe, but you have to understand that they turn extremist because they are mislead or follow the views of extremists.

Masalam