Islamic Forum
Chaand

Theo van Gogh Murdered, Alhamdulillah,

Asalaamo aleykum,

For all the Dutch Muslims and those who know this man. He was an extremist Islam-hater. He used to write such extreme blasfemist columns in newspapers and internet. He called Allah ta'ala and our Prophet saws by the most ugliest names on earth. I even will not write the names here of what he named Allah and our Prophet they are too ugly and shocking. He called teh Ummah also names. He and the politician made a film blasfemiyng Islam at it up-most, by making a film oabout a Muslimah praying naked with Quranic texts written on her body, complaing to Allah about her rights in Islam as she is supposed to be raped and beaten with permission of Quranic texts.

Now teh news said that all politics talk now about a " terrorist" act, an "outrage that nobody can say his own speech" thus said our prime minister about this !!

The murderer was dual ; Dutch/ Morrocan, so we wait here what "storm" will come from our government and noon_Muslims.

Dutch Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh Murdered

By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - A Dutch filmmaker who had received death threats after releasing a movie criticizing the treatment of women under Islam was slain in Amsterdam on Tuesday, police said.

A suspect, a 26-year-old man with dual Dutch-Moroccan nationality, was arrested after a shootout with officers that left him wounded, police said.

Filmmaker Theo van Gogh had been threatened after the August airing of the movie "Submission," which he made with a right-wing Dutch politician who had renounced the Islamic faith of her birth. Van Gogh had received police protection after its release.

Dutch national broadcaster NOS and other media reported that Van Gogh's killer shot and stabbed his victim and left a note on his body. NOS said witnesses described the attacker as having an "Arab appearance."

A witness who lives in the neighborhood heard six shots, and saw the man concealing a gun. She said he walked away slowly, spoke to someone at the edge of the park, and then ran.

"He was walking slowly, like he was trying to be cool," she said, describing him as wearing a long beard and Islamic garb. "He was either an Arabic man or someone disguised as a Muslim," she said.

Another witness told Dutch Radio 1 the killer arrived by bicycle and shot Van Gogh as he got out of a car. "He fell backward on the bicycle path and just laid there. The shooter stayed next to him and waited. Waited to make sure he was dead."

The slain filmmaker was the great grandson of the brother of famous Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh, who was also named Theo. In a recent radio interview, Van Gogh dismissed the threats and called the movie "the best protection I could have. It's not something I worry about."

Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende called on the Dutch people to remain calm.

"Nothing is known about the motive," he said in a written statement. "I want to call on everyone not to jump to far-reaching conclusions. The facts must first be carefully weighed so let's allow the investigators to do their jobs."

Balkenende praised Van Gogh as a proponent of free speech who had "outspoken opinions."

"It would be unacceptable if a difference of opinion led to this brutal murder," he said.

Police spokesman Eric Vermeulen said the attacker fled to the nearby East Park, and was arrested after exchanging gunfire with police. Both the suspect and a policeman suffered minor injuries.

"They were conscious" when taken to hospital, Vermeulen said.

Van Gogh's killing immediately rekindled memories of the 2002 assassination of Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn who polarized the nation with his anti-immigration views and was shot to death days before national elections.

In addition to his film, van Gogh also wrote columns about Islam that were published on his Web site, theovangogh.nl, and Dutch newspaper Metro.

The short television film "Submission" aired on Dutch television in August, enraged the Muslim community in the Netherlands.

It told the fictional story of a Muslim woman forced into a violent marriage, raped by a relative and brutally punished for adultery.

The English-language film was scripted by a right-wing politician who years ago renounced the Islamic faith of her birth and now refers to herself as an "ex-Muslim."

Somali-born Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a member of the Dutch parliament, has repeatedly outraged fellow Muslims by criticizing Islamic customs and the failure of Muslim families to adopt Dutch ways.

The place of Muslim immigrants in Dutch society has long been a contentious issue in the Netherlands, where many right-wing politicians have pushed for tougher immigration laws and say Muslims already settled in the country must make a greater effort to assimilate.

Theo van Gogh, 47, has often come under criticism for his controversial movies. In December, his next movie "06-05," about the May 6, 2002 assassination of Pim Fortuyn, is scheduled to debut on the Internet.

PropellerAds

:D

Lol, i thought it said Jannah, then i rechecked.

I didn't know it was posted.... I just posted the same topic :P :D

Now teh news said that all politics talk now about a " terrorist" act, an "outrage that nobody can say his own speech" thus said our prime minister about this !!

The murderer was dual ; Dutch/ Morrocan, so we wait here what "storm" will come from our government and noon_Muslims.

I don't think they will react in any good way.... i heard them saying that everyone should be allowed to express their own point of views..... I was like what??? this is a religion, not something u should make fun of and express ur point of views!!

"He was walking slowly, like he was trying to be cool," she said, describing him as wearing a long beard and Islamic garb. "He was either an Arabic man or someone disguised as a Muslim," she said.

could have been a muslim or just disguised himself as one to to avoid suspicion. if he was muslim, y would he dress up and in traditional clothes to murder Gogh... to make himself a suspect? doesn't make sense.

Way to go ppl kill any1 that dissagrees with u.

I myself am totally against it.... and Islam wouldn't allow it either..... but we can't see him making such films about Islam... it doesn't mean we should murder him though..... but he wasn't doing anything which we muslims would like to see and hear... He was giving Islam a totally wrong name. some Muslims can't tolerate it, but i m totally against any such kind of killing... because it makes the whole thing worse, not better.

I dont have an opinion about the murder, just good to know his dead.

His death didnt upset me one bit!!

asslamualaikum

ok i feel a bit stupid but can you tell me who he is and a bit morea bout him, i have never heard of him

but it is good to know there are less evil people on this earth now, especially those who hate Islam

walaikumsalam

hmm i wonder how dat other tart is feeling right now :D)

so, according to the logic on this thread, I can feel good about some Islamic radical bad talking christians and saying all sorts of foul things about us. and even calling for the death of westerners.

is this right?

if not, why not?

Wonder whats happening to him in his grave now....man cant imagine how infinitely horrible punishment he will face..... :D

I wonder if this guy was a Muslim and he maligned Christianity to the exact degree that he did to Islam, would the christians support their 'freedom of expression...'

But NO MUSLIM would ever be so low to do such stuff....let alone remain a muslim... :P

:D :P :P :D

Just trying out some smiles for the next post that tells us of the death of "innocent" muslims.

Judging by some of the responses this is perfectly acceptable.

Bloodlust rasing abit is it?

Just trying out some smiles for the next post that tells us of the death of "innocent" muslims.

Do as you wish....but no sane person cries over his OPEN enemy. Van Gogh certainly was....

Its not like we all planned to kill him...he died....and we are reacting over this news.

He had to be killed, he was attacking Islam, and it is the duty of all Muslims to protect Islam.

This is what he probalby said :

While non-Muslim women can have sex as many times as they want with as many men or women they want, Muslim women can't.

While non-Muslim women can change their body (boob jobs, face lifts), Muslim women cannot.

While non-Muslim women are seen as sex symbols and tools, Muslim women cannot.

While non-Muslim women open themselves to be raped, Muslim women don't.

and the rest.

He had to be killed, he was attacking Islam, and it is the duty of all Muslims to protect Islam.

And just how did you arrive at the conclusion that your duty to defend Islam somehow excuses you from God's command that you not murder?

And just how did you arrive at the conclusion that your duty to defend Islam somehow excuses you from God's command that you not murder?

We aren't supposed to murder innocent people, this man was not innocent, he was ATTACKING Islam.

asalamalikum

guys, i dont think were suppose wish jahanma for anyone, even kuffar, you guys should know this, it is basic stuff

Assalamu Alykum

I didn't know it was posted.... I just posted the same topic ph34r.gif blush.gif

me as well :D :D

Asalaamo aleykum,

I think that makes me much angry is the hypocrisy of the politics and media hre around it. The man should have tried to insult the Jewish Torah and the Jewish people here, then every politician would have stopped him long before. Just slandering Islam is tolerated completely.

Two weeks ago our prime minister was upset ( meetings organized and much angry words...) cause someone put his face on a -poster around Amsterdam. He was angry shouting about norms and values and to forbid this huge insults.

One month ago hooligans at a football-match scandered :" Silvie is the whore of Amsterdam !!" loudly and all politics and media was like :D and :P and more :D ..they said such insults were outrage and football matches were halted for this.

the leader of the club was asked how he would react if others would insult his wife this way..and he said he would beat them in the hospital....

But that is all alright...for they are Dutch..and insulting them is forbidden. Just insulting Islam is permitted.

No politician EVER tried to stop Theo van Gogh , not EVER was there a debate on these insults of a whole religion. I guess the last time they debated on such thing was after they ( Christians and Atheists ) had massacred those 6 million Jews 60 years ago....

They are so hypocrite !!! Theo van Gogh was fired at every job he had for his insults and low norms and values, he only could be self-employed the last years..and nwo he is a hero and marter to the same people ?

Now politicians all over talk about " he values the right of free speech ( as long as the free speech was not about themself)

He provocated us so long..he insulted our religion so much so publicly and nobody ever stopped him. How can they be upset that after so long someone got too emotional about it and killed him ?

Let someone slander another one's wife and daughter so much as he did Islam, and see hwo many days it will take before he get killed out of love and protection for his family.

They say now " fundamentalism " ....if not every normal Dutch man would be " fundamental" when it comes to protecting his own family against so much public insults and slander.

It gives me support to think that Allah Azza wa Jall knows those hypocrites, and He knows what they do and say. And it is no use to try to make them see Truth, then just let them be, I think, now they are like ants crowling and screaming in panic and fear and delusion and one day they will all come before Allah Ta'ala and He will tell them what they were doing. Inshallah.