Islamic Forum
MuslimBro

In Christianity Pork & Alcohol Allowed?

Peace

Are u allowed to consume pork and alcohol in christianity? this is what he bible has to say:

Pork in Bible

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."[Leviticus 11:7-8]

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass."

[Deuteronomy 14:8]

"Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;

Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day."

[isaiah 65:4-5]

Alcohol in Bibble

"And be not drunk with wine."

Well, if bible condemns eating Pork and such act then y do christians do these? Isn't these a contradiction with other verses of Bible?

PropellerAds

Im glad you asked this question

The verses with the pork or swine:

Notice how those verses are in the OLD Testement, Im pretty sure that is relating to the sacrifices, you would not usually use a pig for a sacrifice, usually it would be a ram or a goat. God put the animals on the earth for us, why would he put an animal on the earth if it had no purpose. It is perfectly ok to eat pork in the Christian belief.

Alcohol:

About the Alcohol related verse, God says do not get DRUNK with alcohol. Jesus himself drank wine. You see, if you are responsibly drinking, like a glass of wine, it is perfectly normal and not a sin at all. But, if you drink like 6 glasses of wine, to the point where you have no control over yourself than it is a sin. To drink alcohol is not a sin but to get drunk is.

Its kinda like how the Bible says not to be a glutton,

Proverbs 23:21 - For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

A glutton is when you eat way too much food, some things are good, but too much of some things are a sin.

I hope this clears things up for you.