Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake

Tasbih Salah

:Salam:,

in case the arab image din work, asalamu aliakum,

Brother I was wondering if you could tell me about Salatual tasbih. If done with the intention and sincerity does it really forgive all sins? Is it even real becasue my friend says he suspects it is a sufi practice.

Jazakair'Allah in advance

PropellerAds
:Salam:,

in case the arab image din work, asalamu aliakum,

Brother I was wondering if you could tell me about Salatual tasbih. If done with the intention and sincerity does it really forgive all sins? Is it even real becasue my friend says he suspects it is a sufi practice.

Jazakair'Allah in advance

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/resources/Questions/qa00001254.aspx"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sunnipath(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/resources/Questions/qa00001254.aspx[/url]

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

:D brother SolidSnake!

The Arabic emoticon is sl with : on either side. You have typed the full word salam.

:D brother Syriankid!

Unfortunately, the link you gave does not give reference to the hadith quoted, plus, the hadith is from Sunan Abi Dawud and then makes s weeping statement that it ois also in "other books of hadith". This raises some questions in my mind, with its limited knowledge. First, why isn't the hadith in the saheeain? Second, why does the writer not give a reference in Abi Dawud. Third, why does he make a sweeping statement.

Until such references are given and preferably in the saheeain, I am wary of such hadith.

Wassalam

sl:,

I found this link on Islamon online, maybe it can shed ome light

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-online(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=57387"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-online(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/english/...?hFatwaID=57387[/url]

:D brother SolidSnake!

:D for the link. I am a bit wary of the site as their ansswers do not go down well. However, they are scholars with substantially more knowledge than I have, and are aware of what they write. In this particular case they have said:

The above report is not to be found in the Sahih of Bukhari or the Sahih Muslim or the Muwatta’ of Imam Malik. It had been unknown to the great Imams such as Malik, Abu Hanifah and, presumably, to Imam Shafi`i, and it was considered strange and unworthy of consideration by Imam Ahmad.

The above Hadith is listed among the fabricated Hadiths by Ibn Al-Jawzi. According to Imam Ibn Hajar: “All of the chains of this Hadith are weak� Also, “It is contrary to the prescribed format of Prayer.� Ibn Hajar further added, “It had been declared as weak by both Ibn Taymiyyah and Al-Mizzi.� In the words of Ibn Al-`Arabi, “There is not a single authentic or sound Hadith on it.� Imam Nawawi has also joined the ranks of scholars questioning the nature of the report as well as the strange format of Salatul-Tasbih, and hence, considering it as unworthy of consideration.

Wassalam