Islamic Forum
IbrahimMuhammed

Web Design?

:sl:

Have I posted this topic before? Mmmmmmmmmm Im not sure :sl:

Anyways, can anybody recommend a Brother some books and/or e-boks to get me started on Web Design?

I work in IT Support and have wanted a hcnage for a time now, and Web Deisgn interests me alot.

Any Web Designers on Gawaher?

Salaams

:no:

PropellerAds

use Dreamweaver :sl:

you can dl/ it from (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmininova(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]torrent site[/url]

you need a bittorent client.

takes time so find a good seeder to have your download quicker.

the more the seeds the better connection.

Edited by alsheeba

Don't download from torrent sites brother. That's not permissible and equivalent to stealing.

I would recommend downloading the 30 day trial version from (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_adobe(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_adobe(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url].

If you would like a good-featured free software, try (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnvu(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]Nvu[/url].

One of the major issues to consider when building a web page is usability. You may want to start off with this website: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetuseit(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetuseit(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url] .

Only use Dreamweaver if you want a site.

Although Adobe have made improvements in the latest version of Dreamweaver, the produced code is still unecessarily bulky, and the expensive layout techniques are still common.

Professional web developers avoid these WYSIWYG packages.

What you want to do, if you're serious about creating decent websites, is learn to program in HTML (or XHTML, if you're very serious) and CSS. That will get you a decent, fairly simple, site.

There are many fantastic (free) tutorials online for these two:

###### dot w3schools dot com /html/

###### dot w3schools dot com /css/

(These are probably the best available).

Then if you want to add more dynamic functionality to your site, learn JavaScript. (Check out w3schools again for an intro.) There are numerous books on this subject; I've always liked the visual quickstart guides; the one on "DHTML and CSS" is a gem!

And then when you get even better, and want to add server-side scripting to your site, learn a server-side language such as PHP, ASP, JSP (if you've got a server with the JVM installed) etc.

(I'd recommend PHP as a starter).

Again, the visual quickstart guides are brilliant.

(If you need to use a database at any point, I'd recommend MySQL. It's extremely stable, fast, popular, and one of the easiest to setup)

:al:

Thanks guys.............Im checking out Amazon now to look for some books on HTML...........thank Rationalist :sl:

:al:

Thanks guys.............Im checking out Amazon now to look for some books on HTML...........thank Rationalist :sl:

try the dummies books bro they are very helpful and often come with cd's

Assalamu Alaykum

Which server-side language would you prefer? PHP, PERL, or PYTHON

What can you do with "Ayax"?

Is it better to build the website per Windows or Linux?

Bro IBowOnly2Allah, Rationalist has given you some excellent advice there. I make all my websites from scratch using PHP, JavaScript, and HTML/CSS.

Bro Yusha Isra'eel, I use PHP. I prefer it because of its familiar C/C++ type syntax. AJAX is an acronym which stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML. Basically, it is a set of technologies that can be used to make more dynamic and responsive websites or web applications. It's usually implemented using JavaScript code. You can build good websites on Linux, Windows, or any other platform.

Wa'alaykum assalam

Jazzakallah Khayr!

I have a good book which gives me good information about HTML, CSS, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, MySql, SVG and Apache etc. This book is in German.

Some more questions:

1. What Editor should I use. I used the Notepad/Wordpad, but somehow I cannot check the results with Internet Explorer?

2. What do you think about Textpad etc.

3. What do you think about FoxServ? By installing FoxServ, I install and configurate Apache, MySql, PhP, Perl, Python etc. with one installation.

Do you have a specific type of web-design you're interested in? I recommend using a CMS, or content management system similar to that of drupal. It's a very interesting program, and will definitely make things easier to use.

thanks for sharing the comments. i agree that the dream weaver is best source and tools to make the site