Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
~LO$T_4_EVA~

Islam: Full-time Time Or Part-time?

Asalaamulaiykum,

Islaam: full-time or part-time?

Many people have a very strange understanding of Islaam that does not adhere to Islaamic principles at all. Typical examples being people only pray the Friday prayers (Jumu'ah), shopkeepers don’t drink alcohol but are willing to sell alcohol in their businesses, candidates are willing to stand up as local councillors in the name of benefiting Muslims yet these posts are in direct conflict with Islaam because they voice support for man-made laws. The pathetic arguments for these cases is that it is difficult to do everything that Islaam obliges on us, we are too lazy, we are not perfect or we are not ready to follow Islaam yet. An even more warped a view is that it is perfectly acceptable to practice Islaam on a step-by-step process; whereby once we have consolidated ourselves we can climb higher to the next step. In reality this would mean we start off praying one prayer a day and over a period of time try to build up to praying five times a day.

As Muslims we have a fundamental premise from which we gather all our criteria from, this is referred to as the book of Allaah (swt) called the Qur'aan and the Sunnah of Muhammad (saw). Both of these a referred to as revelation (Wahie) and the best people to understand this revelation is the companions (Sahaabah) of Muhammad (saw). It is this Islaamic Standard that we should always refer to when trying to answer any questions that concern us. Allaah (swt) told us: "This day I have perfected your way of life (deen) for you, I have completed my favour upon you and have chosen Islaam for you as your Deen" [EMQ 5: 2]. This verse obliges Muslims to apply and execute ALL of the Islaamic rulings (Ahkaam) without exception, whether these rules were related to belief (Aqeedah), worship (Ibaadaat), morals (Akhlaaq) or everyday transactions in society (Mu'aamalaat).

Allaah (swt) said: "And judge between them by what Allaah has revealed and do not follow their desires and beware that they do not divert you from any of what Allaah has revealed to you" [5: 48]. This is a strict order from Allaah (swt) to ALL the Muslims indicating that it is compulsory (Waajib) to rule and practice according to all of what Allaah (swt) has revealed. Whether these rules implied an order to do i.e. obligatory (Fard) or an order not to do i.e. forbidden (Haraam). There is a severe punishment for the one who does not comply with the Islaamic teachings, Allaah (swt) says: "And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed is an unbeliever (Kaafir)" [EMQ 5: 44]. The Arabic word ‘maa’ is stated in the above verses and applies generality and hence includes ALL revealed rulings.

It can be seen very clearly with authentic evidences that ALL the Muslims must apply ALL the Islaamic rulings in their entirety exactly as Allaah (swt) wants them implemented without any delay. Applying the Islaamic rulings must be complete, comprehensive, and in one instalment. There can be no gradual application (e.g. 20% Islaamic Law (Sharee'ah) today, 40% in four months, and 80% in two years time). This gradual implementation of Islaam actually contradicts Islaam since it involves disobeying the above verses that call for the total implementation of Islaam immediately.

A tribe called Thaqeef laid down a few conditions before they wanted to become Muslims. One of the conditions was that they did not want to pray 5 times a day and another condition was that they wanted to worship their idol for 3 more years. The Messenger (saw) did not accept any of these requests. Muhammad (saw) did not compromise at all but ordered the destruction of the idol immediately and that they must do their prayers straight away.

There is no leniency in the application of Allaah (swt) laws and there should be no compromise in applying the rules of Islaam. There is no difference in priority between one obligatory duty (prayers) and another obligatory duty (implementing Allaah (swt) laws on earth) or between one forbidden act (gambling) and another forbidden act (voting for man-made laws). ALL of the rules of Allaah (swt) are the same in that they ALL must be applied and executed immediately. There is no excuse for anyone calling himself a Muslim not to act upon and implement Islaamic laws. If people say we do not have the power to apply Islaam, or that the current circumstances are unsuitable to apply it, or that International Law or public opinion is not ready or that America or Britain will not allow it, these are all excuses which are not acceptable in Islaam. In reality if you do not follow the Islaamic laws you are following the laws of Shaytaan.

Those who still promote the gradual implementation of Islaamic laws, either on the individual sphere or on the political arena should remember the verse: "Do you believe in some parts of the Book and disbelieve in other parts? Whoever does that would be subjected to humiliation in this life and a severe punishment on the day of resurrection." [2: 85]

Source: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thesavioursect.com.uk/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thesavioursect.com.uk/[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

"Many people have a very strange understanding of Islaam that does not adhere to Islaamic principles at all. Typical examples being people only pray the Friday prayers (Jumu'ah), shopkeepers don’t drink alcohol but are willing to sell alcohol in their businesses, candidates are willing to stand up as local councillors in the name of benefiting Muslims yet these posts are in direct conflict with Islaam because they voice support for man-made laws. The pathetic arguments for these cases is that it is difficult to do everything that Islaam obliges on us, we are too lazy, we are not perfect or we are not ready to follow Islaam yet. An even more warped a view is that it is perfectly acceptable to practice Islaam on a step-by-step process; whereby once we have consolidated ourselves we can climb higher to the next step. In reality this would mean we start off praying one prayer a day and over a period of time try to build up to praying five times a day."

Indeed, i agree 100%. People know certain things are unlawful/forbidden and yet they still do it. I think more harsh/servere/kind warnings/reminders are needed.

JAzakallah for sharing the article sister. An excellent reminder

And i pray that Allah :D guides his creation to the correct path, not the one he dislikes but the path which he likes. AMeen thumma Ameen.

if you have anymore please do post. Jazakallah once again

also is it ok if i pas this article to other people?

:D

Edited by asian_gyal_4_lyf

asalaam alaikum,

jazakAllah kheiran for this post, I was thinking about this a while ago...

w'aslaaam

Asalamu'Alycom

Jazakallahkher Sister for the excellent post.

An even more warped a view is that it is perfectly acceptable to practice Islaam on a step-by-step process;

This is exactly how it is for many Muslims today. Subhanallah, death could take us any moment, and yet Muslims still want to follow a step-to-step guide to following rules. It is not as if Islam is difficult to follow. May Allah guide us before it is too late.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]