Islamic Forum
Princess Mujahada

Is It Harder To Grow A Beard, Or Wear Hijab?

:D

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.� Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5892; Muslim, 259.

And he said: “Trim the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the Magians.� Narrated by Muslim, 260.

"O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them (when they go out or are among men). That is better in order that they may be known (to be Muslims) and not annoyed..." (Qur'an 33:59)

We as Muslims were clearly commanded for the men to grow their beards and for the women to wear (and act accordingly to the) "Hijab"

Unfortunately we see beardless men and hijabless women....

but in all my life I have seen so many more women taking the hijab, than mean taking the beard...

Why is this? Is it harder for men to have a beard than for a women to wear hijab??

Isnt the beard, something that even kaffir men sometimes have? but you never see kaffir women with hijab...

Is it because men are out working in public more than women?

or are hijabis excepted more than muslim men with beards?

I would like to hear your opinion on this, or do you feel its not worth discussing..

PropellerAds

Beard is easier as people not really sure who your are. You could be Muslim, or you could be a nerd/geek/anoraks. Wearing hijab is harder. Non-Muslim women do wear hijab of sorts, certain orthodox churches I think aswell as a certain US christian group that has it's women cover their hair.

Reasons why a guy doesn't keep a beard, good ones I've come across; 1. It doesn't grow at all anyway. 2. If he does keep it, it itches. Other guys should note that even a non-Muslim dermatologist said the worst thing a man does to his face is shave.

Another argument would be the magians aren't here anymore, instead you can get non-Muslims with beards and wearing turbans.

Also more men are preferring hijabi women, than there are women preferring men with beards. If it was widespread that women preferred to marry men with beards than you will see more men with beards.

Guest amani

i personally think hijab would be harder in wearing

and beard harder in keeping :D

Salaam

Well………â€

¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦. I posted something about hijaabs……."you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Teakster_Thoughts_-t3398-s20.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Teakster_Thoughts_-t3398-s20.html[/url] :D

However with this………â€

¦. I don’t think that one sex has more difficulty for practising their ways. Sometimes life makes it hard for them!!! :D

In France ………… you get kicked out school for wearing the hijab. In turkey/ Egypt you can arrested for having a beard tooo long?!?!?!??! :D

He person is responsible for their own actions…… and themselves can put it right!!! :D

Wasalaam

1.  It doesn't grow at all anyway. 

Yeah tell me abut it............. looks like i killed something and slapped it on my face?!?!? :D

Also more men are preferring hijabi women, than there are women preferring men with beards.  If it was widespread that women preferred to marry men with beards than you will see more men with beards.

this is the main reason....

all my muslim friends want a hijabi for a wife, niqabi even better. but many of em don't keep a beard. the reason being females don't prefer it & finding a potentional match will b difficult. i know many bros who have been rejected for having beards... all they had to do was shave & vola! they could have been married. (n these were hijabi women)

personally, i think wearing a hijab is harder because you are a visible minority, but many ppl have beards.

That doesnt mean i dont like being a visible minority. Means everyone knows i'm a muslim, nd im proud of it. B) :D

i attended a dinner party yesterday.. there were some desi girls there. some wearing hijab & some were not. till the end i thought the non-hijabis were not muslims... then the host enlightened me in front of em. they were pretty mad [at] me for that :D

finding a potentional match will b difficult. i know many bros who have been rejected for having beards
I 2nd this.. I personally know someone who was rejected many times cuase he was seen as too hardcore in Islam.. he shaved his beard and in 2 months time he was taken :D !!!!

I 2nd this.. I personally know someone who was rejected many times cuase he was seen as too hardcore in Islam.. he shaved his beard and in 2 months time he was taken

:D :D :D

Sisters are watching too much Bollywood movies amd want us to be like the heroes :D ?

Personally...i think harder than either is keeping the pants above the ankles....how many of us(males) do that ???

Edited by truthful

i don't even have big beard.. it's very much trimmed :D but i still get asked by muslims whtehr i m an extermist :D

I have somthing i cant even call a beard ...and i must have got questioned by atleast 50 times.in the past year ."why are u not shaving"....sometimes i get angry when my relatives ask repeatedly...i say "mind ur own buisness "

but Mansoor...u already got 'it' scheduled and all right? be happy :D

I have somthing i cant even call a beard ...and i must have got questioned by atleast 50 times.in the past year ."why are u not shaving"....sometimes i get angry when my relatives ask repeatedly...i say  "mind ur own buisness "

but Mansoor...u already got 'it' scheduled and all  right?  be happy :D

i m all set..everything going as planned but i still need to look out for my bros.

Another argument would be the magians aren't here anymore, instead you can get non-Muslims with beards and wearing turbans.

Also more men are preferring hijabi women, than there are women preferring men with beards.  If it was widespread that women preferred to marry men with beards than you will see more men with beards. 

:D but sikhs are a very small minority in the world....and too they dont cut their hair(any part of the body) through out their life....

i m all set..everything going as planned but i still need to look out for my bros.

you should i was like :D after i heard doomhammer's words..still am :D :D

asalaam alaikum,

personally, when I see a bearded brother i'm like melt! mashAllah its soo lovely to see.

Although Ahm, i don't totally agree with where you are coming from on the issue of there being more bearded brothers if hijabi sisters want them. I think here, it's more of an issue of understanding our religion. more muslims know that hijab is compulsory than the beard is, all you have to do is watch the Islam channel, and you will regulary see the sheikhs asked wheather or not the beard is obligitory.

w'asalaam

Would a lot of brothers get jobs with beards?? My brothers continously get rejected cuz of their beards. The only time my brother got a good job was when he offered to volunteer for them for 6 months, and then they admitted he was the best consultant they had in the field in a long time, and because the clients liked him, they had to keep him. And many brothers we knew got fired when they started keeping beards... :D (They didn't fire stating the beard was the reason, but soon after they started growing it, their life was made hell.)

For me wearing hijaab isn't hard alhamdulillah.. Niqaab is slightly, but getting used to it, s'okay. :D

I understand many of your points...but...it still doesnt make it right to shave your beards or stop wearing hijab..

but I know what your talking about :D

Insh'Allah we must make jihad in this world and struggle for what is right..

I understand many of your points...but...it still doesnt make it right to shave your beards or stop wearing hijab..

but I know what your talking about :D

Insh'Allah we must make jihad in this world and struggle for what is right..

i,m sure sister mm aint justifiing the actions but just showing us some of the difficulies faced.

but that is true many employers would like the clean shaven look as opposed to a bearded look. also they like their female women to look less modest and more eye catching for the clients etc.

but hey the path to jannah isnt short and easy....

I wasnt talking directly to mesh...

I was talking to everyone! I understand what everyone is talking about...

definitely not...may Allah guide us through it.

Asalamu'Alycom

The Hijab would be a lot more difficult to wear than the beard. As one of the Brothers said, with the beard many people won't know who you are exactly, whereas when a girl wears Hijab, it instantly shows that she is a Muslim.

This is why we must be super protective towards our Muslim Sisters. If ANY Sister is abused outside in the streets, I would give permission to any Muslim Brother to protect her in anyway possible. Same goes for the Brothers of Islam. If ANY Brother is abused we must protect them no matter what, even if it comes to physical contact.

Now going on to marriage, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) said:

"There are four reasons for a man to marry a woman: Her wealth, her lineage, her beauty and then her faith. Woe betide you!

Only enter into marriage with one who has faith."

Hadith of Al-Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurayrah(Radeallahu'Anhum).

This does not mean that we look towards faith and that's it. We must love the person and be satisfied with whom we are marrying, or it would just cause problems in the future.

What it means is that the first thing we look for is Faith. We MUST look for faith first before ANYTHING else. Then when they have strong faith, if you are attracted to them in beauty, then marry them by the will of Allah.

If a lady does not marry a man because of his beard, or a man does not marry a lady because he thinks she is too religious, then Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) has even said, "Woe to those people who do such a thing". It is a major sin, and we will be questioned on The Day of Rising because of this.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Subhan'Allah bro Mu'maneen, I was thinking that exact thing!! WAllahi I was going to write somthing on that, but than I forgot..

If a lady isnt interested in you because you have a beard.....do you really want to marry her?

Don't quite agree with the physical contact part. Sayyidina Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and his companions (Radiallahu Anhum) faced soo many hardships and persecutions at the hands of the jahil pagans, and they were patient. And as Muslims, getting into violence will only get us in jail where you'll be tortured more, so why make such a move??

Totally true bro.

Asalamu'Alycom

Don't quite agree with the physical contact part.

Dear Sister of Islam. Would you not agree with physical contact if it means saving your Brother of Sister of Islam from Harm? I am sure if it was a member of your family whom you love that was in trouble, you would try and protect them no matter what.

The Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa salaam) taught us to be just to those who pose no threat towards us, but to be harsh to those who do.

We are at a time where Islam is being mocked at. It is time to stand up for ourselves rather than be kicked in the face and smile about it.

Jazakallahkher Sister, and may Allah reward you.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Assalamu'Alaykum

Mashallah really makes me happy that some brothers acually side with the sisters who wear hejab... :D really means alot...

but i think now adays (dependsing on where u live) hejab isnt a BIg deal anymore... its normal... and as for the beard its becoming a fashion... i honestly cant tell the difference anymore and soome non muslim men are acually growing the beard inaccordence to the sunnah trimed moush. long beard.

i think it was during winter qurater 2003 at my college i was trying to sign up new muslims on campus to the MSA... i would walk to those who i thought where muslim and tell them about it then i saw a "brother" with no moush a beard and his pants above his ankle.... i said "Assalamu alaykum did u hear about the MSA on campus" he looked at me and was like.. "sorry im not muslim" ! i was like :D ummm sorry then he said "i get that all the time"

btw the pants over the ankle thing i guess was the style... he had them up with rubber bands! :D

And i see some girls out with head wraps?! muslims and non muslims alike wear it as a fashion

anyway so my point is that hejab and beard really arnt as hard as they use to be now its the "Niqab" and pants over the ankels yes these are very HARD!

anyway may Allah give those who try to be know as muslims great rewards and those who dont may Allah give them the strength to try.

Edited by 3washey