Islamic Forum
100%_muslim....

Islam in Australia (G'Day mates)

Asalamou Alaicom wr wb brothers and sisters.

okay i have an idea, rather than posting bludgy talk, let's make use of this thread by posting things that will benefit the brothers and sisters in Sydney. Any events or lectures that are comming up; sisterhood/brotherhood gathering; informative websites; lessons.

what do you think?

okay, let me start off. There is a website dedicated to the Sydney Muslim Youth (high school students mainly) "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sydneymuslimyouth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Here it is[/url]

please help spreading it among the muslim youth, may Allah reward you all. Also, the following are happening in Sydney Australia:

Weekly Islamic classes for Women

Weekly lessons for sisters who are serious about learning how to live their life on the path of Allaah.The aim of these lessons is to increase the sisters in their love of Allaah and their imaan in Him.The lessons cover all aspects of the Islaamic curriculum including Aqueedah, Fiqh, Tafseer and Seerah.

Every Thursday morning 10:30am-12:00 (except school holidays)

132 Haldon Street Lakemba (in the arcade above the gym)

Babysitter and separate room available for children.

Al-Furqan Qur'an Classes

Qur’an Institute for Adults and Children, holding separate classes for Men and Women. Let’s recite the Qur’an the way it was revealed! Small classes help students attain the most from their teachers. Different levels of difficulty running at the same time. Classes are run everyday including weekends.

for more info check the following

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamicsydney(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/story.php?id=1773"]Al-Furqan Quran Classes[/url]

Serene Islam for Sisters

An Invitation to New Sisters in Islam to "Serene Islam". For new sisters in Islam, and those seeking information about Islam, as well Muslim sister in general who are seeking moral and spiritual support. Fortnightly Saturdays.

more info:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamicsydney(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/story.php?id=1760"]Serene Islam for Sisters[/url]

Sisters Only Lectures

Al-Ghazzali Centre invites sisters (only) of all backgrounds, including non-muslims to participate in its Fortnightly Lecture Series. Topics of discussion range from Life of Prophet, Parenting, Better Islamic Practices and more. Light dinner and refreshments are provided.

more Info:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamicsydney(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/story.php?id=1642"]Sisters only lectures[/url]

Lessons: Sheikh Khalil El Chami (English)

All in English, topics will cover Aqeeda, Fiqh, Tafsir, Hadith etc., or as requested by the people that attend. Age is open, Males & Females welcome. Location: 7/183 Wangee Rd, Lakemba (cnr Lakemba & Wangee - on top of shopping centre. Entry from Wangee Rd. For more details contact Sheikh Khalil El Chami on 9740 6102.

NEXT :D

Edited by Mujahidah Fi SabilIllah

PropellerAds

Salaam sister,

you have miss out the brothers Halaqa in Punchbowl Musallah on friday nights [at] 7 pm. Organized by FAMSY, they also have Halaqa for sisters, but i am not sure of the times. .

Talal

Weekly Islamic classes for Women

Weekly lessons for sisters who are serious about learning how to live their life on the path of Allaah.The aim of these lessons is to increase the sisters in their love of Allaah and their imaan in Him.The lessons cover all aspects of the Islaamic curriculum including Aqueedah, Fiqh, Tafseer and Seerah.

Every Thursday morning 10:30am-12:00 (except school holidays) 

132 Haldon Street Lakemba (in the arcade above the gym)

Babysitter and separate room available for children.

:D

Recently i have heard of the ANTI Islamic Group there ... really bothered me a lot ... !!! any info on that ?>??

salam alaikum

thanks alot sis Mujahidah and talal for the info and details

should be beneficial to attend some inshallah

Edited by ~*LeILa*~

No worries sister, Insha Allah i'll try my best to post more when i find :D

Jazakom Allahu Khair..

salaam,

Yes thankyou so much for posting all of that information sister Mujahidah Fi SabilIllah. i would really like to get some information about melbourne based groups because i live in melbourne and it would be difficult to go to sydney. i will do some investigating and post some insh 'Allah on the site because i think it will be benificial for Melbourne based muslims. but thankyou again sister Mujahidah.

from sister truth

Hi All,

Im from melbourne, and its 37 degrees today. Its probably the first day

it hasnt rained since summer started. Its soo great to see there are

sooo many AUZZIES on this site. I really didnt think thered be this much

anyway

take care guys

Princess.

Wa'iyakom ^ ^ ^

May Allah be with us, guiding us on the right path of Taqwa and Iman. Allahuma Ameen...

okay brothers and sisters... the following are comming soon:

Lecture: "Does God Exist?"

6:00PM Sun 26 December 2004

Presented by Islamic Realm. "Does God Exist?" - A Scientific and Spiritual Proof to the Existence of God. A series of talks by Tariq Ramadan, Harun Yahya INC and Nooruddeen Durkee. To be held at The Opera House (Concert Hall) on Sunday, 26th of December. Tickets are available from islamicrealm(contact admin if its a beneficial link) or by phoning (02) 9607 7787. Tickets are also available via sydneyoperahouse.com. Tickets : $45 per standard seat, $85 per VIP seat. ( Inc, Front row seats and an exclusive 1, 1/2 hour backstage chat with cofferr/drinks in the green room with the speakers. )

[islamicrealm(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/]

--------------------------------------------

UMA and ANMA Eid Festival

10am-5pm Sat 29 January 2005

UMA & ANMA Eid Festival. It's on again! Back by popular demand! Come and enjoy the fun for the WHOLE family! FREE ENTRY TO ALL! BBQ & Variety of food, Pony Rides, Jumping Castle, Colouring Competition, Clothing Stalls, Info Booths, Islamic Book Fair, Face Painting, Cultural food stalls, and lots more! More information info[at]uma.com.au UMA Centre, 69 Croydon Street, Lakemba.

---------------------------------------------

IDCA Eid Festival

10am Sun 6 February 2005

Islamic Development of Australia, 2nd Annual Family Eid Festival. Auburn Public School, crn Auburn and Beatrice Rd. Free Entry. call 9649 5400 for more info.

----------------------------------------------

Lessons: Global Islamic Youth Centre

Every Wed and Fri Night

Lectures by Sheikh Faiz every Wednesday and Friday night after Magreb and many other activities for the Muslim youth. Visit their webpage for more details:

[giyc.com.au/]

----------------------------------------------

Lessons: Lakemba Masjid - Sheikh Shady Suleiman

Every Mon & Thur Night

Lectures by Sheikh Shady Suleiman every Monday and Thursday night after Isha for Muslim youth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allahum a'lam some of them i already noted down... but anyhow, let's try to take part of such events as much as possible, let's gain knowledge and be the successors of this Dunia for the sake of the next!

assalamualikum

wow there are a few australian muslims here alhumdulilah. Im from perth is anyone else from perth? (lol proabaly not) here the muslim community isnt very united at all. whast it like in sydney and melbourne? better then perth? i hope so!

Asalamou Alaicom wr wb

i hope you are all in good health and Iman

i'm from Sydney akhi ^ ^ ^ and hamdulilah the Muslims here are doing a great job. I think forming Muslim communities helps out heaps with the unity of Muslims.

To achieve unity we need to gather up and stick together side by side. Allah'alam, but from my own perspective, the major cause which influences the unity of Muslims is greed; hatred; wanting to always be the top; jealously and all those negative characteristics which if we as a team decrease the practise of, we'll make a great nation bi ithnilah.

perhaps we need to awaken the "new generation" the "Youth" in another words, for them to become the leaders of the future, for them to resemble the great Muslim character which is currently "out of order". To achieve all this we need "WILL POWER" a very strong one.

i'm sure most of you are on holidays, therefore let's make use of it. Let's try our best to build our Muslim Character in order to help others build theirs.

we can go to live lectures, we can even listen/watch right here at our own place if we are unable to attend; we can start fasting for Allah's sake every Mondays and Thursdays even on hot days to double our reward and increase our seat in paradise; not only that, but we can recite the Quran more often, a page won't hurt after each prayer; or even do more nawafel prayers! see how many things we can achieve if we just make use of and manage our time?

Let's replace misleading with leading, let's keep our self busy with doing what's right, now i don't mean pray or recite Quran 24/7 no. That’s not what Allah asks us to do. Everything in life has it's own time.

If you daily specify a time for your Deen, a time for you Family and a time for your work, then your life would be balanced.

but after all, we should always remember to have the intention of dedicating our work and efforts to Allah alone and remember that he's watching us with every step we try to take.

okay, know who's with me?

Ooo so many Aussie’s in here! It is great to see Islam has spread across every where in the world mashallah.

wa Alaykum salam

WOW... that was a very interesting read!

May Allah reward you for sharing :D

Jazakom Allahu Khair.

Salaam all, i found this article and i wanted to share with u...enjoy...rather, be enraged! Sister Verity :D

Howard's racist divide & rule

by Marcus Browning

The Howard Government's support for a proposal to outlaw the wearing of

traditional Muslim clothing is an incitement to racial and religious

hatred. Racism has been a central plank of the Howard Government's

political platform from the time of its election in 1996, be it racist

slurs against Indigenous Australians, the demonising and dehumanising of

asylum seekers or its paternalistic arrogance toward Australia's Asia-

Pacific neighbours.

It was the Reverend Fred Nile, the Christian Democrat NSW MP, who fanned

the flames of hatred, calling for traditional Islamic dress to be banned by

law.

Nile, better known for his Christian fundamentalist homophobia, speaking in

the state Parliament said: "Is it a fact that the Islamic female terrorists

in Hamburg, Germany, and in the recent Muslim attack in Moscow, Russia,

wore the black chador body covering of Iran and Saudi Arabia?"

His diatribe  at one and the same instance racist, sexist and full of the

bile of religious hatred  was intended to make all Australian Muslim

women subjects of public fear and suspicion and a target for violence. It

bore its bitter fruit the next day with an assault on two women wearing the

chador in Sydney.

The objective of vilifying the faith of Islam itself was also clear as Nile

continued: "Is it a fact that such total body covering completely conceals

a person's identity, even whether the wearer is male of female  which is

a perfect disguise for terrorists as it conceals both weapons and

explosives ."

He concluded with a call to his fellow Christian fundamentalist, John

Howard: "In view of the new terrorist threat and as part of our new

Australian security precautions, will the Government consider a prohibition

on the wearing of the chador?"

Howard was accommodating. In a radio interview his sham ambiguity did not

veil his obvious support. "I don't have a clear response to what Fred has

put. I mean, I like Fred and I don't always agree with him, but you know

Fred speaks for a lot of people." And: "Sometimes you don't have a flat yes

or no on something like this. Different people of goodwill will have a

different view."

Clearly, Nile and Howard have their lines of communications open. Nile also

wants a ban of the wearing of the hijab Muslim scarf by students in state

schools in the name of "unity and tolerance".

The agenda of the extreme right, including the Christian right, has

emerged.

Specifically, it is for the imposition of dictatorial rule by the means of

rabid anti-democratic laws enforced by police, the military and spy

agencies.

It involves the censorship and the silencing of views that differ to those

of the Government. This includes an attack on multiculturalism, diversity

of values and beliefs, and the right to dissent, to organise and to

protest.

The intent is to maintain an atmosphere heavy with suspicion and fear with

such tactics as the call for public vigilance and last week's vague warning

of a terrorist attack; that someone, somewhere in Australia between now and

next year will use undefined weapons of mass destruction.

Stoking the fires of racial and religious hatred is an essential part of

divide-and-rule tactics.

But the insistent war propaganda, now coupled with the threat of terrorism

against Australia, is evidence that not everything is going to plan for

Howard and his cronies.

There is strong community opposition to war. There have been revelations

about the essentially conspiratorial and underhand nature of the Howard

Government, such as the recent exposure of their secret, lethal treatment

of asylum seekers, and their lax response to the victims of the Bali

bombing.

Pandering to the US is also putting some off-side.

Voices speak out

Among those speaking out against and condemning the vicious Howard/Nile

racist double act, were the acting Race Discrimination Commissioner,

William Jonus, who called Nile's statements "offensive and an abuse of the

institution of Parliament".

Maha Krayem Abdo, from the United Muslim Women's Association, said she was

stunned that such comments could come from an Australian parliament. The

Lebanese Muslim Association's Keysar Trad called Nile's statement racist.

"Muslim women have been through enough.

"Now we have a Member [of Parliament] attacking modesty and making

statements that will escalate tensions. It's not the thing you expect to

hear in a civilised country like Australia."

The Islamic Council of Victoria asked if there was going to be a ban on

brief cases as weapons can easily be hidden in them.

Greens Senator Bob Brown noted that Howard's refusal to condemn Fred Nile's

statement shows he is stilling running with the political line of One

Nation 's Pauline Hanson. "For months he wouldn't take on Pauline Hanson

when she started her attack on multiculturalism", said Senator Brown.

"Now his first up accommodating comments in relation to Fred Nile's call

for a ban on the chador shows the Prime Minister is again willing to foster

anti-Muslim sentiment by default.

"Fred Nile's comments are unacceptable in multicultural Australia. The

Prime Minister's flirtation with those comments is dangerous."

have you all australians got that wiked australian accent, my cousin came from there a few months ago and he came to my house and when he started speaking i was like wow (w00t) i wish i could speak like that. its just wiked unlike the stupid british all they can say is 'would you like a cup of tea'

How did the workshop in sydney go?? I had only heard about

it after the fact... What did you think?

Salaam.

Assalamualikum....

First of all I'd like to welcom Sr Truth to the forum... ahlan wasahlan.

is there any body from sydney? i will be in sydney for about 3 months... insha Allah. any body going to the learn to pray workshop? and the other one in opera house?....

ma'assalamah

Talal

Please keep on topic.

As the name of this section implies: anything not related to Islam or Muslims in this country is an off-topic post.

Feel free to start a new, separate topic to discuss whatever you feel like discussing, but not in this section please. Going off-topic is a violation of IF rules.

Thank you for helping us better organize IF. :D

Salaams

So what is Islam like there?

How are muslims treated?

Is it like England?

Take care.

Wassalaams.

Islam is very strong where i live, we have many classes and lectures and the muslim community are very close, alhamdulillah.

Muslims are treated generally in a very good light, as most aussies are very accepting of difference, esp. around where i live because it is such a multicutural environment.

And i have never been to england so i cant speak from exprience sorry sis.

InshaAllah i have answered ur questions okay...

sis V

Islam is very strong where i live, we have many classes and lectures and the muslim community are very close, alhamdulillah.

Muslims are treated generally in a very good light, as most aussies are very accepting of difference, esp. around where i live because it is such a multicutural environment.

And i have never been to england so i cant speak from exprience sorry sis.

InshaAllah i have answered ur questions okay...

sis V

Salaams

Yes, Jazakllahkir. What part of Australia do you live?

Take care.

Wassalaams.

From the Melbourne Herald Sun:

Muslim books of hate sold

Liam Houlihan, religious affairs reporter

24jun05

LITERATURE filled with hatred of Christians, Jews and non-Muslims is being sold at a Masjid near a Melbourne home raided by ASIO.

Books sold at the store attached to the Brunswick Masjid tell Muslims they should "hate and take as enemies" non-Muslims, reject Jews and Christians, and learn to hate in order to properly love Allah.

The texts say Muslims should learn military tactics and suggest that if a person speaks ill of Islam it is acceptable to kill them.

They urge Muslims to strike back against "the barbaric onslaught from their enemies -- the Jews, Christians, atheists, secularists and others".

Pages are devoted to legitimising episodes of violence against Jews who insult Islam.

"A Jewish woman used to abuse the Prophet and disparage him. A man strangled her till she died. The Apostle of Allah declared that no recompense was payable for her blood," one book recounts.

A similar example is given of a man killing the mother of his two children because she "disparaged the Prophet"; he also was declared clear of any crime.

"When they (non-Muslims) meet you, they say, 'We believe', but when they are alone, out of frustration and rage, they bite off the tips of their fingers because of you," one says.

"O you who believe! Do not take the Jews (Yahood) and Christians (Nasara) for friends (Awliyaa). They are Awliyaa to each other. And the one among you that turns to them is one of them."

Readers are instructed by the books not to feel compassion for non-Muslims, not to trust them, and not to speak well of them.

One book says faithful Muslims should learn military tactics.

The group of books were bought from the bookstore of the Islamic Information and Support Centre of Australia, which is in the same building as the Brunswick Masjid. One, The Ideological Attack, describes "the Jews" as striving to corrupt the beliefs, morals and manners of Muslims.

"The Jews scheme and crave after possessing the Muslim lands, as well as the lands of others," it reads.

"Supported by a demonic global plan as well as unlimited financial backing, this attack aims at domination and hegemony over the Islamic world; dividing it, attacking it culturally and morally and perverting the true image of the religion.

"Therefore it is amongst the priorities of the Islamic call (da'wah) to break this attack and to counter it with every legitimate means of da'wah possible."

One text says of devotion to Allah: "As regards hatred for His sake this is an essential prerequisite for loving Him."

A book on "Muslims Living as Minorities" mentions Muslims fighting in Afghanistan and discusses "jihad", or holy war, as a collective and individual responsibility.

Another quotes classic anti-Semitic conspiracy text The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, stating Jews want to make Muslims "the of the chosen people".

<Second part of post, which I've broken up as it's 'too long' for a single post>

As an Australian, I find this report (reprinted above) deeply disturbing. What I find even more disturbing is that the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils (AFIC) HAS FAILED TO CONDEMN THIS PEDDLING OF RACIST HATRED BY MUSLIMS WHO HAVE BEEN EXTENDED THE HAND OF CITIZENSHIP IN AUSTRALIA.

The AFIC condemned the taking of hostage Douglas Wood, and more recently, it condemned the London bombing (afic.au/Amn.htm). What you WILL NOT find on that page is a condemnation of the hatred peddled towards its home nation in one of its own Masjids.

The hatred peddled in the written materials of the type peddled by the Brunswick Masjid (basically, kill all Infidels) is directtly responsible for actions like the bombing of London.

So why does the AFIC, and Australian muslims by default, sit quiet about this? Do we need to wait for the Sydney harbour bridge to be blasted to smithereens before the AFIC will condemn it?

Fred Nile may well be a racist. But perhaps one of you can point to one, single comment where he has suggested Aussies go and kill Muslims because they are non-believers?

Sam

Assalmaou ALaicom wr wb

So how are all my aussie brothers and sisters in Islam :D

Okay, I just received the following e-mail... spread it among the brothers and sisters in Islam residing in Australia if you can - may Allah (swt) reward you :D :

Urgent Earthquake Appeal

Assalamualaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakatuh

Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah Association (ASWJ) in Victoria are raising funds for the Earthquake victims in Pakistan.

There is an urgent need for shelter and clothing in remote areas of Pakistan which have been affected by the Earthquake.

Members of ASWJ have been in contanct with volunteer organizations at the heart of the relief effort in these remote areas such as Pakistan Islamic Medical Association (PIMA) and well known Pakistani cricketer and politician, Imran Khan.

We are raising money to purchase tents to provide shelter to these remote villages especially with the arrival of cold wheather. The money is needed urgently, contact IISCA (93877100 , info[at]iisca(contact admin if its a beneficial link)) for making a donation or ring 0412930843 for more detailed information about the project.

Whoever helps shelter a Muslim, Allaah will shelter him or her on the day of Judgement.

Donations for this tragedy can be made to the following account.Commonwealth Bank AccountName: Islamic Information & Support Centre of Australia Branch: 3238 Account No: 1017 6987

May Allah be with our brothers and sisters in Islam at Pakistan and all around the world, ameen.

As for actually living in Australia, i find it quiet comfortable here, alhamdulilah. But Allah knows what's awaiting us! :D

Fee amanilah.

Salam al Lakon.

I'm from Australia too, I live in Sydney!

Intresting fact:There are over 400,000 Muslims living in Australia.

Wow thats alot!plus the fact that figure was from 2001, so the population must of grown.