Islamic Forum
100%_muslim....

Islam in Australia (G'Day mates)

:sl: / Greetings

I got a lot of things to say about Australia here. I don't know why but Australia propped up in my mind quite a few times today...

Firstly, I've got a lot of buddies studying in Australian universities right now. Seems where I'm at, Australian universities are getting more popular...hope my buddies come back safe and sound...

Secondly, I hope to visit the country soon, Inshallah. I was hoping to go there just for some sightseeing in the future; so any of you Aussies can recommend any good cities and places to visit? :j:

Lastly, I also wanted to say I caught this comedy variety show run by Muslims from Australia on Youtube. I think it was named Salaam Cafe? I thought it was quite interesting, but I couldn't really appreciate the jokes (maybe because I can't really catch the Australian accent)...Anyway what do you guys think of the show and what's the general consensus there about it?

K, enought about my rant about Australia today...but would really appreciate your views... :no:

:sl: / Greetings

PropellerAds
Assalam alaikum

im from melb australia and boy is it hot tonight ....

hahaha you think its hot in melbourne what was the temp like 30*C

Assalyamu aleykum,

MHEN is glad to announce online poem competition for muslim home schooling children of all ages.

The main theme of the competition is "My religion is Islam".

In order to participate one has to become member of MHEN. Information on MHEN and how to join a group can be found at (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://############missionislam######/homed/index.htm"]############missionislam######/homed/index.htm[/url]

Submission dates commence from 30th of May to 30th of June, 2007

Children will have to send their poems to my email address:

aikelly1[at]yahoo. co.uk

Then after all the poems have been received - we will start posting them through the list, one each day.

We would ask all our Home Schooling Mums to score the poems individually by sending their votes directly to the list.

The poems will be numbered not named so voting can be done in secret.

The poem that scores the most points will win.

We are going to have Insha’Allah a special prize for the winner.

NB: Poems should not be judged by their complex wording or length. They should be judged by there structure and the effort by which they have been composed.

Ma'asalyama

Hi, I must say I have meet a few Muslims here in Australia and they are no diffrent from anyone else except their manners are so much nicer. So it comes as a supprise to me to come across this post on an Australian forum. Here at AusSurvivalist Forum; (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://############aussurvivalist#####/forum/"]############aussurvivalist####

#/forum/[/url] under the soapbox part, Link; (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://############aussurvivalist#####/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10846&PN=1&TPN=2"]############aussurvivalist####

#/forum/forum_...;PN=1&TPN=2[/url] I find constant remarks about Islam all the time on this site especially from a user on this forum going by the name of Warrior Women, for example;

"Christianity is not a threat to this Country. Islam is."

"They are breeding soldiers for jihad - because they know their 'holy war' is coming and they are preparing."

"I think you'll find most of us Christianity critics feel exactly the same way about Islam"

"Today, right now, I am raising my children and I know that unless curtailed Islam is a danger to them"

"Blacks in the States converting to Islam in prison are estimated at well above 250,000. Blacks converting to Islam outside prison are estimated between 1.3 and 2 million.

More soldiers for the jihad."

I am so outraged by this I am going to email the owner of the forum (John) at webmaster[at]aussurvivalist###

## and complan about it. So to every Muslim reading this please dont judge us for a few bigots here in Australia, as most of us imbrace and apreciate people of all cultures. So as an Aussie I am sorry for this.

jll

Hi, I must say I have meet a few Muslims here in Australia and they are no diffrent from anyone else except their manners are so much nicer. So it comes as a supprise to me to come across this post on an Australian forum. Here at AusSurvivalist Forum; ############aussurvivalist####

##/forum/ under the soapbox part, Link; ############aussurvivalist####

##/forum/forum_...;PN=1&TPN=2 I find constant remarks about Islam all the time on this site especially from a user on this forum going by the name of Warrior Women, for example;

"They are breeding soldiers for jihad - because they know their 'holy war' is coming and they are preparing."

"I think you'll find most of us Christianity critics feel exactly the same way about Islam"

"Today, right now, I am raising my children and I know that unless curtailed Islam is a danger to them"

"Blacks in the States converting to Islam in prison are estimated at well above 250,000. Blacks converting to Islam outside prison are estimated between 1.3 and 2 million.

I am so outraged by this I am going to email the owner of the forum (John) at webmaster[at]aussurvivalist###

### and complan about it. So to every Muslim reading this please dont judge us for a few bigots here in Australia, as most of us imbrace and apreciate people of all cultures. So as an Aussie I am sorry for this.

jll

Hi, I must say I have meet a few Muslims here in Australia and they are no diffrent from anyone else except their manners are so much nicer. So it comes as a supprise to me to come across this post on an Australian forum. Here at AusSurvivalist Forum; (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://############aussurvivalist#####/forum/"]############aussurvivalist####

#/forum/[/url] under the soapbox part, Link; (you are not allowed to post links yet)"http://############aussurvivalist#####/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10846&PN=1&TPN=2"]############aussurvivalist####

#/forum/forum_...;PN=1&TPN=2[/url] I find constant remarks about Islam all the time on this site especially from a user on this forum going by the name of Warrior Women, for example;

## and complan about it. So to every Muslim reading this please dont judge us for a few bigots here in Australia, as most of us imbrace and apreciate people of all cultures. So as an Aussie I am sorry for this.

jll

Well firstly welcome to the forum and i hope you have a wonderful and informative stay.

Now thankyou very much for your kind and wonderful words. The quotes that you posted from the other forum made me laugh ...lol... i mean the 'holy war' is coming and no one told me about it :sl: lol

I guess people do have some negative views and tend to generalise alot. But atleast one person knows better :sl:

Oh and you cant post links until you've reached 50 posts ...but inshAllah a mod will re-post the link to the forum.

And again thankyou very much and great to see wonderful people like yourself :j:

Hi, I must say I have meet a few Muslims here in Australia and they are no diffrent from anyone else except their manners are so much nicer.

i posted this on the thread you posted that but here it goes again lol

Well firstly welcome to the forum and i hope you have a wonderful and informative stay.

Now thankyou very much for your kind and wonderful words. The quotes that you posted from the other forum made me laugh ...lol... i mean the 'holy war' is coming and no one told me about it :sl: lol

I guess people do have some negative views and tend to generalise alot. But atleast one person knows better :sl:

Oh and you cant post links until you've reached 50 posts ...but inshAllah a mod will re-post the link to the forum.

And again thankyou very much and great to see wonderful people like yourself :j:

Hi SJ54, thank you for your wecome. I agree with you totaly, I know what it is like to receive the abuse from biggots and as I where a hijab I get funny looks in one particular red neck town and have even been called a terorist in woolworths! I've even been asked not to pick up some cornflake packets that I accedentaly knocked over in a woolworth store as a lady complained she saw me "doing something to the cereal" and that batch was taken of the shelf and put out the back. So it all most drives me to anger when I am treated so bad because people think I am a Muslim, just because I cover my hair by wearing a hijab. So my heart goes out to every Musilm women that lives in that town and I pray for the biggots.

Take care,

jll

I am treated so bad because people think I am a Muslim, just because I cover my hair by wearing a hijab. So my heart goes out to every Musilm women that lives in that town and I pray for the biggots.

Take care,

jll

Is there any particular reason why you cover your hair...if you dont mind me asking

Edited by SJ54

Hi SJ54, well you see the scriptures in the new and old testerment Yahweh and yahshua tell us, and the desciples also tell us that we should cover our hair, as you see our hair is regarded as a women's beauty and hence should only bee seen by our imediate family and husbands. For because of our beauty that is portrayed through our hair it is seen as adultry if another man looks at us with lust. It is also the reason why a women should dress moderatly. You see by dressing in revealing or even sexy clothes that attracts the attention of men's wondering eye, in which you are then held accountable under Yahweh as committing adultry as is the man. By dressing moderatly and by wearing a hijab and effectively covering our beauty we appeal less sexy, unattractive and hence less likely to be a part of the adulterous act. Adulterous act is not only in Yahweh's eye the art of making love to someone other than your husband; by merely having another person think you look attractive and having bad thoughts in relation to you is also considered to be adulterous. "Thou shalt not covert thy neighbours wife", it is hard not to covert if someone is walking around half dressed! If you would like to, you can read about it in 1 Corithians chapter 11.

The Nephilim also known as fallen angels or giants took wives of whoever they wanted which were the attractive young women, and so you dont want to be harrased by fallen angels. Also the Nephilim were so into sex appeal they taught women how to make make up and apply it, and in Yahweh's eyes wearing make up to be attractive is the same as being a prostitute, as in yahweh's eyes only prostitues where make up. Here is some stuff about why we wear hijabs and sorry if I seem like I am rambling I would only like to help others out there who may not know the truth. It has always been a common thing for women to cover their hair that is why the Pope John Paul the second said women are still to cover their hair while in church, but like everything the media reports nothing that may actually help people get into heaven. here is some stuff I often send to people that may be helpful to you...

THE BENEFITS OF HIJAB (COVERING) FOR WOMEN

. For Yahwism (Christian) women, COVERING THE HEAD IS NOT THE SIGN OF DEGRADATION or oppression. It is a commandment from YAHWEH and his only son YAHUSHUA.

. HEAD-COVERING IS A SIGN OF PURITY AND DIGNITY. It highlights the Yahwism (Christian) woman as a pure, chaste woman and sets her apart from the immoral behavior associated with women who dress immodestly.

. The HIJAB IS A SORT OF "SCREEN" BETWEEN THE CHASTE YAHWISM (CHRISTIAN) WOMAN AND THE EVIL THAT EXISTS IN THE WORLD, AND OFFERS FULL PROTECTION FROM FALLEN ANGELS AND DEMONDS. When a woman wears a hijab she is less likely to be harassed by men with lusty motives; SHE IS LESS LIKELY TO BE EXPLOITED FOR HER BEAUTY AND FEMINITY.

. The Hijab allows a woman to move about outside the confines of her home WITH HER ATTENTION ON THE TASKS SHE HAS SET OUT TO DO. The YAHWISM (CHRISTIAN) woman does not try to impress anyone but YAHWEH when outside of her home. She is not concerned if men find her attractive, or if people are impressed because she has the latest fashions, or the newest hairstyle. She leaves her home as a SELF-CONFIDENT PART OF HUMAN RACE, not as a fashion-plate seeking stares and adoration in order to gain self-esteem.

. The hijab cuts down on competition among women. How many people in the West sacrifice financial savings and health in order to have plastic surgery - in a desperate attempt to meet up to an unrealistic standard of beauty. YAHWEH said, WOMEN ARE APPRECIATED FOR THEIR KNOWLEDGE, PIETY AND CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY. When women wear hijab one finds that the most beautiful women are not necessarily the most popular. Rather, a woman is assessed for her mind, and not just superficial physical traits.

Take care,

jll

Assalamualaikum,

interested sis here, hope to be able to work in australia after graduating. which region of aus has majority of muslim population with easy access to halal food.

Salaam to all.

It is heart-breaking and very upsetting to see how all Muslims are being put-down, openly discriminated against, even cursed at, in many of our news and current affair forums - many individuals are openly calling for all Muslims to be banned. I fervently wish that some of our more reasonable and educated Muslims would participate in more of these Western-viewed forums to try to peacefully explain to our fellow Australians that not all Muslims are lying, unpatriotic, violent and intolerant. Most of us have migrated here legally, pay our taxes, and have just as much right to be in Australia as do the other citizens. The marjority of us should not be punished for the crimes of a tiny minority.

As with other religions, our religion is also made up of different people from different cultures and nations; completely different individuals from their own paths of life, with their own thoughts, opinions and, often, unfortunately, their own personal agendas. But we are all different - most of us mean no harm whatsoever. All of us cannot be tarred with the same brush as the extremists, terrorists and troublemakers - what would be more racist, ignorant and/or intolerant?

Our fellow Australians need to be explained that most of us Muslims are peaceful, patriotic citizens, who value our freedom and do not wish to make trouble, but we are also, in no way, complacent. Having said this, it breaks my heart to see just a very few Muslims participating in these forums, and wish that more would go online, if only just to show that we do care very much about what happens to our wonderful country Australia, and do not wish to see it in conflict or it's people divided by racial turmoil. Our religion Islam teaches us tolerance of other cultures and religions, and patriotism to our country, our home. I wholeheartedly wish more Muslims would speak up to show that we understand this, that Australia also means home for us, and we are just as devoted and protective towards her as are our fellow citizens.

Assalaamualaikum WRB

Welcome aboard Joker 37 - nice to have a fellow Australian Muslim get in touch. If you don't mind me asking, which part of Australia do you reside in?

Hope to hear more from you later.

Wassalaam.

:sl:

It is heart-breaking and very upsetting to see how all Muslims are being put-down, openly discriminated against, even cursed at, in many of our news and current affair forums - many individuals are openly calling for all Muslims to be banned. I fervently wish that some of our more reasonable and educated Muslims would participate in more of these Western-viewed forums to try to peacefully explain to our fellow Australians that not all Muslims are lying, unpatriotic, violent and intolerant. Most of us have migrated here legally, pay our taxes, and have just as much right to be in Australia as do the other citizens. The marjority of us should not be punished for the crimes of a tiny minority.

Salaam.

I am an Australian Muslim, I was born in Australia and I've lived here for most of my life and I would have to disagree with pretty much everything you're saying. Australia is very tolerant and multi-cultural society and I have personally witnessed very little attacks based on cultural prejudice towards Muslims as well as those of any other people from different cultures. I would say there is more racism than discrimination based on religion here and even so racism is slowly dying, particularly within our youths. Muslims participate majorly in Australia, in the work force and at university/school. No, one is being punished for being a minority here.

Assalaamualaikum WRB

Welcome aboard Joker 37 - nice to have a fellow Australian Muslim get in touch. If you don't mind me asking, which part of Australia do you reside in?

Hope to hear more from you later.

Wassalaam.

Waalaikum salam sister!

I live in Melbourne, Victoria.

How about you?

Assalaamualaikum WRB .

I am in Sydney. What's the weather in Melbourne like at the moment?

I'll be in touch with more later - am very tired and need to get to bed (check out the time....!)

Take care, and let's remember in our duas all the Muslims and others going through so much in New Zealand and other places.

Wassalaam.

I am in Sydney. What's the weather in Melbourne like at the moment?

Well, it's Summer now (February) though it's been surprisingly cool. Don't think we've had that many bushfires as well, at least compared to previous years.

I'm doing my year 12 at the moment. :sl:

Can someone provide update or background on someone from there who was sent to 3 year jail for 'criticizing' Jews/Zionists, seems a little harsh,,what's the story??

Assalaamualaikum WRB.

Brother Rahimi, I apologise that it took me so long to get back to you regarding your query.

Here is some info that I googled regarding Brendon Lee O'Connell, the 39-year-old Perth (Western Australia) man who has been sentenced to 3 years' jail for posting an anti-semitic video on the internet.

ABC News

Man jailed over anti-semitic video

Updated Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:44pm AEDT

A 39-year-old Perth man has been sentenced to three years' jail for posting an anti-semitic video on the internet.

Brendon Lee O'Connell is the first person in Western Australia to be convicted under the state's racial vilification laws.

A jury found him guilty last week of six offences.

O'Connell posted a video on YouTube showing him insulting a young Jewish man in 2009.

The video also showed O'Connell standing in front of the Perth Bell Tower telling Jews their days were numbered.

Members of Western Australia's Jewish community were in court for the sentence and welcomed the jail term.

Steve Lieblich, who represents the Jewish community and is on the Australia-israel and Jewish Affairs Council, says racial vilification must be stopped.

"This time it was the Jewish people that were the target, next time it could be Muslims, Asians or any other group," he said.

"So we should be pleased that we've had this result and this signal has been sent to Mr O'Connell and his supporters."

Here's another 2 articles I found on other sites (I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the details)

Brendon Lee O’Connell found guilty of racial hatred

AAP

January 28, 2011

A PERTH man who posted a video online showing him arguing with a Jewish man and calling him a “racist, homicidal maniac†has been found guilty of racial hatred.

Brendan [sic] Lee O’Connell, 38, represented himself before a jury in the Perth District Court after firing the lawyer who had been defending him against an accusation that he posted an anti-emitic video online.

O’Connell faced seven charges related to the posting of a verbal altercation he had with Stanley Keyser and Timothy Peach, who are Jewish, and was found guilty on six.

An argument broke out between the three men at an IGA supermarket in South Perth on May 2, 2009, where a Friends of Palestine group was holding a protest against israeli oranges.

Mr Peach, 19, told the court during the trial that he was a member of the Australasian Union of Jewish Students at the time and had attended the rally to “observe†and hand out flyers to educate the protesters about israel.

He said he was “angryâ€, “confused†and “offended†by O’Connell when he started to film the two Jewish men and argue with them about their religion.

During the trial, O’Connell refused to acknowledge Judge Henry Wisbey when he entered the court and, instead, rose to bow to the jury.

About a dozen supporters in the court cheered when O’Connell labelled the proceedings “a kangaroo court†and gave a long, repetitive rant about the King James Bible and the Constitution.

The video that O’Connell posted online was shown on the first day of the trial.

“You have a religion of racism, hate, homicide and ethnic cleansing,†O’Connell says to the men on the video.

“You are a racist, homicidal maniac.â€

When the jury found O’Connell guilty on Friday, he shouted: “Free Palestine! Free Iraq!†before being taken away.

Outside court, Mr Keyser’s mother Shelley said it was “a big relief†for the “terrible†ordeal to be over.

O’Connell was remanded in custody and is due to reappear in court on Monday.

BELLE TAYLOR

The West Australian

January 28, 2011, 4:21 pm

A man who posted a video of himself on the internet in which he refers to Judaism as a "satanic death cult" has been found guilty of six of the seven racial harassment charges brought against him.

Brendan Lee O’Connell has been found guilty of publishing racist material online after a two week trial which was centred around a video he made of himself arguing with Jewish man Stanley Keyser at a Friends of Palestine protest against the sale of israeli oranges at a South Perth supermarket in 2009.

In the video O’Connell calls Jewish people racist and homicidal.

Written words super imposed over the footage include: “See how the lies roll off the Judiac’s tongue?†when Mr Keyser is speaking.

After the incident, which ends with O’Connell yelling at Mr Keyser to “get a good Jewish lawyer,†he went to the Bell Tower and filmed himself calling Judaism a “death cult.â€

The jury took seven hours to reach the verdict of guilty on all but one of the seven charges which related to the video of the argument, the argument itself, and several blog posts.

In a highly unusual move, on the first day of the trial instead of using his opening address to outline his defence O’Connell made a speech declaring the court unlawful, backing his argument by citing the constitution of Australia, the Westminster division of powers, the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Judiciary act of 1903 among others.

He then said he wished to “indict the jury so they become a grand jury,†and put Judge John Wisbey on trial for treason.

Judge Wisbey ordered the trial continue.

O’Connell’s defence centred on his argument Judaism was not a race but a religion.

He made several wild assertions in court, including that "Jews rule the world," and at one point suggested israel is planning to invade Australia.

Mr O’Connell has been remanded in custody until sentencing submissions on Monday.

As he was led from the dock he called out to his supporters in the public gallery: "cut sick, the whole lot, release the whole lot."

Wassalaam.

Assalaamualaikum WRB.

Brother Rahimi, I apologise that it took me so long to get back to you regarding your query.

Here is some info that I googled regarding Brendon Lee O'Connell, the 39-year-old Perth (Western Australia) man who has been sentenced to 3 years' jail for posting an anti-semitic video on the internet.

ABC News

Man jailed over anti-semitic video

Updated Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:44pm AEDT

A 39-year-old Perth man has been sentenced to three years' jail for posting an anti-semitic video on the internet.

Brendon Lee O'Connell is the first person in Western Australia to be convicted under the state's racial vilification laws.

A jury found him guilty last week of six offences.

O'Connell posted a video on YouTube showing him insulting a young Jewish man in 2009.

The video also showed O'Connell standing in front of the Perth Bell Tower telling Jews their days were numbered.

Members of Western Australia's Jewish community were in court for the sentence and welcomed the jail term.

Steve Lieblich, who represents the Jewish community and is on the Australia-israel and Jewish Affairs Council, says racial vilification must be stopped.

"This time it was the Jewish people that were the target, next time it could be Muslims, Asians or any other group," he said.

"So we should be pleased that we've had this result and this signal has been sent to Mr O'Connell and his supporters."

Here's another 2 articles I found on other sites (I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the details)

Brendon Lee O’Connell found guilty of racial hatred

AAP

January 28, 2011

A PERTH man who posted a video online showing him arguing with a Jewish man and calling him a “racist, homicidal maniac†has been found guilty of racial hatred.

Brendan [sic] Lee O’Connell, 38, represented himself before a jury in the Perth District Court after firing the lawyer who had been defending him against an accusation that he posted an anti-emitic video online.

O’Connell faced seven charges related to the posting of a verbal altercation he had with Stanley Keyser and Timothy Peach, who are Jewish, and was found guilty on six.

An argument broke out between the three men at an IGA supermarket in South Perth on May 2, 2009, where a Friends of Palestine group was holding a protest against israeli oranges.

Mr Peach, 19, told the court during the trial that he was a member of the Australasian Union of Jewish Students at the time and had attended the rally to “observe†and hand out flyers to educate the protesters about israel.

He said he was “angryâ€, “confused†and “offended†by O’Connell when he started to film the two Jewish men and argue with them about their religion.

During the trial, O’Connell refused to acknowledge Judge Henry Wisbey when he entered the court and, instead, rose to bow to the jury.

About a dozen supporters in the court cheered when O’Connell labelled the proceedings “a kangaroo court†and gave a long, repetitive rant about the King James Bible and the Constitution.

The video that O’Connell posted online was shown on the first day of the trial.

“You have a religion of racism, hate, homicide and ethnic cleansing,†O’Connell says to the men on the video.

“You are a racist, homicidal maniac.â€

When the jury found O’Connell guilty on Friday, he shouted: “Free Palestine! Free Iraq!†before being taken away.

Outside court, Mr Keyser’s mother Shelley said it was “a big relief†for the “terrible†ordeal to be over.

O’Connell was remanded in custody and is due to reappear in court on Monday.

BELLE TAYLOR

The West Australian

January 28, 2011, 4:21 pm

A man who posted a video of himself on the internet in which he refers to Judaism as a "satanic death cult" has been found guilty of six of the seven racial harassment charges brought against him.

Brendan Lee O’Connell has been found guilty of publishing racist material online after a two week trial which was centred around a video he made of himself arguing with Jewish man Stanley Keyser at a Friends of Palestine protest against the sale of israeli oranges at a South Perth supermarket in 2009.

In the video O’Connell calls Jewish people racist and homicidal.

Written words super imposed over the footage include: “See how the lies roll off the Judiac’s tongue?†when Mr Keyser is speaking.

After the incident, which ends with O’Connell yelling at Mr Keyser to “get a good Jewish lawyer,†he went to the Bell Tower and filmed himself calling Judaism a “death cult.â€

The jury took seven hours to reach the verdict of guilty on all but one of the seven charges which related to the video of the argument, the argument itself, and several blog posts.

In a highly unusual move, on the first day of the trial instead of using his opening address to outline his defence O’Connell made a speech declaring the court unlawful, backing his argument by citing the constitution of Australia, the Westminster division of powers, the Director of Public Prosecutions and the Judiciary act of 1903 among others.

He then said he wished to “indict the jury so they become a grand jury,†and put Judge John Wisbey on trial for treason.

Judge Wisbey ordered the trial continue.

O’Connell’s defence centred on his argument Judaism was not a race but a religion.

He made several wild assertions in court, including that "Jews rule the world," and at one point suggested israel is planning to invade Australia.

Mr O’Connell has been remanded in custody until sentencing submissions on Monday.

As he was led from the dock he called out to his supporters in the public gallery: "cut sick, the whole lot, release the whole lot."

Wassalaam.

So nationalism is not dead in Australia? Good on Aussies.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Is there any one here who thinks some of the actions of Brendon O'Connell are a tad embarrasing to Muslims?

On a different note;

Are there any Muslims who live around Mount Druitt area who would be interested in coming down to Nurragingy some time for the sake of friendship? It would not be friendship for the sake of conversion, and in return the same will be expected from any attending Muslims.

I don't have anything exactly in mind, but I'm open to suggestion. So long as only a small number of hands go up I would be happy to purchase halal sausages, or if food is too much of an issue you could just bring your kids along (I have a 6y.o daughter myself) and we could enjoy the great outdoors together.

Kind regards :)

• Like 1

What about Islamic Universities and courses in Australia? Which university has the biggest population of Muslim students?

Salam alaikum.

i'd be interested in this myself! Im currently living in melbourne and aware of ACU and melbourne university resources with Islamic studies but what about in NSW? and other states? If anyone would be able answer it would be greatly helpful~

-JazkAllahzyr

Are there any Muslims who live around Mount Druitt area who would be interested in coming down to Nurragingy some time for the sake of friendship? It would not be friendship for the sake of conversion, and in return the same will be expected from any attending Muslims.

I don't have anything exactly in mind, but I'm open to suggestion. So long as only a small number of hands go up I would be happy to purchase halal sausages, or if food is too much of an issue you could just bring your kids along (I have a 6y.o daughter myself) and we could enjoy the great outdoors together.

Kind regards http://www.gawaher.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

How is it getting on?

Hope it would not make us be more in offline discussion rather than online here.