Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ummammaar

Islam In Belize

:D

Belize is a small (mostly tourist) place in Central America, close to Mexico.

A couple of years ago, my father used to live in Belize City. This is what he shared with us: There wasn't any official masjid. They prayed in a house or something. However, sometimes they just prayed in their apartment--at times individually, other times in jamaah.

There aren't many muslims there. He met some indian/pakistani and arab muslims who weren't exactly even slightly practicing, like they didn't care too much about halal food or salah. Some of the muslims there are just working/living there temporarily.

He was not able to find halal food easily, so basically he was a vegetarian. He could not even find bread without lard from the bakery! His arab (resident) aquaintances often offered him cake that contained rum saying it's "only a really good cake." :D

I pray that the deen spreads there, and people start taking the deen more seriously, ameen.

PropellerAds

Wa Alaykum salam,

I didn't even know a country called 'belize' existed it, lol.

LOL

Although part of Central America, it's considered to be part of the Caribbean, like Guyana and Suriname. It's cause it's more closely related to the rest of the Caribbean than Latin America...the only central american with a large number of muslims is Panama...

See, when it comes to the Caribbean the only countries that have a large muslim population is the ones with a lot of Asian Indians ie Trinidad, Guyana, Suriname...Belize only has a little bit. In the Caribbean Islam is considered an "Indian" religion...lol

As-Salaamu-'Alaikum,

Ameen, insha'Allah Islam will spread to these lands.

I really think that people who go to lands where there is little Islam are taking on a huge burden, but an honourable one aswell! :D

Dear sis,

That sounds terrible!!!! It must be very hard to live in such an area for a muslim, i have no idea how it will feel to live in Belize, because every place ive ever lived in was a place full of Arabs and thriving with Islamic stores and masjids. How terrible it must be to live in Belize. As you said, isha- Allah Islam spreads its light to Belize and its people.

-your sis asmaa-