Islamic Forum
Mercyonmankind

Islam in Afghanistan: The Islamic state

What a joke!!!

What afghan has strong iman? maybe back home but not here.

quite rare nowadays

I seriously think you should shut your mouth.

Astaghfiurallah!

I am Afghan, and I'm religious. My family is the same. All afghan families that we know of are religious.

Religion in Afghanistan is culture.

PropellerAds

afG: [salaam Alaikum,

Hmmm, I see. Then I assume you don't consider Tajiks, Uzbeks, Hazaras etc, Afghans?

FYI, all my family are Pashtoons.

I don't think we need to take this conversation any further =).

All the best.

Walaikum Asalaam. ]

:D

Sis, they are afghan nationals so they are afghan, BUT they are not Afghan by race, by race they are tajik, uzbek etc. Just like if someone is a german national they dont actually become germans by race.

:w:

Edited by Dhampyre

There are so many pushtoons here. We should all unite!

what i really meant to say was the dari speaking afghans and only the ones i have met.

:D everyone......

Some people here are making unnecessary generalisations about afghans.....im talking about the ones who are stating that some afghans are not strong muslims and the ones that are are mostly Pashtoons......If we look at all the other muslim countries you will see that there are those who have strong faith in Islam and there are others who lack it.......people of good faith exist and vice versa in every Islamic country...its not good to make assumptions..... :D

Im from afghanistan and im a half pashtoon, we are Dari speaking and alhamdullilah we are good practising muslims..... :P

Sis Haseena, i am sorry if i offended you, but it is NOT a lie when i say that the average ethnic afghan i.e Pashtuns is stronger of faith than some of the other ethnic races in afghanistan. I am not degrading the other races or saying their faith is less than ours, its just a general comment which most of my fellow afghan brothers and sisters will back up, we pashtuns are closer to the religion than most other people in the WORLD thats all. :D

:w:

Edited by Dhampyre

Salaam Alaikum,

[what i really meant to say was the dari speaking afghans]

Yeah, let's all have a bash at the Dari-speaking Afghans =)!

Walaikum Asalaam.

Edited by afG

Salaam Alaikum,

What Afghanistan - it is now Pipelinistan in the war for oil.

The cultivating of poppy and the drug trade, banned by the Taliban, are flourishing now under the control of the warlords with American blessing. Security for the allegedly liberated women is on the decline.

I think all Afghans have suffered from over 25 years of war, ever since the Russians invaded it in the eighties. Thousands of sisters and brothers have lost their family, home and livelihood. Their faith seems to be challenged and tested for so long that I feel I may not make any assumptions about it.

Peace

The Pashtoons are of the strongest Iman.

Trust me.

Salaam Alaikum,

So you can look into people's hearts and minds to find out which has the strongest Imaan? I'm guessing so, since that's the ONLY way you can tell =).

Maybe you just haven't met many practicing non-Pashtoons.

Walaikum Asalaam.

oh yeah!! Pashtoons all da way!! B) Lol, j/k.....

Once again generalisations are made...... :D

Never mind.....subhanallah on the Afghan pashtoons than.....and may Allah(swt) give the Dari speaking ones some enlightenment..... :D

Salaam Alaikum,

May Allah(swt) give all the MIS-GUIDED ones some enlightenment, AMEEN! =).

Walaikum Asalaam.

salaam,

(w00t) i m late!! but at least i m here :D

not here too!!! we had enough fights about pashtoons and dari speakers in Afghanistan... come on guys!! we aren't supposed to generalize people like this.. Dari speakers might seem weaker in Iman, because in time of King Zaher Shah, and after Taliban, Kabul seem to be getting more modern... u won't be able to see boys and girls in any other city the way u would see them in Kabul.... but i don't mean that all other people of other cities are totally chaste and pure of Iman. its that due to more freedom in Kabul people think dari speakers are always weak in their iman.

did i make any point? :P i m bad in explanation :D

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

These generilazations only lead to unnecessary pre-judgements of people.

Knowing that some Afghans will automatically think of me as having a weak Imaan the second I open my mouth (and speak Dari) is not a nice thing, and kind of puts me off Afghans as a whole.

salaam,

One thing i want to make clear... at least thats my opinion... correct me if i m wrong... don't attack me :D that Afghans, not all of them, there might be some very educated Muslims... i mean by edcuated that knowing much about Islam in true way and knowing what they are doing and why.... but most of people don't have exact knowlege of Islam. they pray, recite Quran, go to Masjids... without knowing what are they praying, without knowing what the Quran is saying to them.

I think its because of lack of education, and lack of true Islam education in particular.

specially now a days, i m not quite happy with the situation there. once again Indian films are watched :D and once again, they are trying to imitate them!

still, i don't get the fact that Afghans really are strong in their faith, very strong! would u mind if i call it blind faith... blind like, doing something without knowing what it really is....

made any point? :D :P :P :D

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

salaam,

One thing i want to make clear... at least thats my opinion... correct me if i m wrong... don't attack me  :D  that Afghans,  not all of them, there might be some very educated Muslims... i mean by edcuated that knowing much about Islam in true way and knowing what they are doing and why.... but most of people don't have exact knowlege of Islam. they pray, recite Quran, go to Masjids... without knowing what are they praying, without knowing what the Quran is saying to them. 

I think its because of lack  of education, and lack of true Islam education in particular.

specially now a days, i m not quite happy with the situation there. once again Indian films are watched  :D  and once again, they are trying to imitate them!

still, i don't get the fact that Afghans really are strong in their faith, very strong! would u mind if i call it blind faith... blind like, doing something without knowing what it really is....

made any point?  :D :P :P :D

:D ,

your piont is well taken ukhti. When i think about it that's exactly true. However, the problem is not limited to Afghans. The problem is one of the problems that our UMMAH is facing.

I think, it will help when we think of Afghan or people of other countries to think of state of UMMAH in general too.

Now as you pointed out sister Grace_of_Allah education is the problem. Most of the people only know how to recite Quran, but don't know the meaning of it. Sad !

Now i should point out that this is kinda the most they can do. I mean it has been fighting in Afghanistan for almost 20 years. So nobody really could concentrate on education. What they learn is from their parents and other elders.

Like i personally remember that i learned reading Quran from my older brother. He was of course the only option i had. It was communits times and schools of course were teaching only russian.

Now imagine having Islamic institutions which well provide Islamic education. Of course the situation will change. However, in the situation that we are right now i dont' see anythign improving.

The institutions of Kuffir is getting stronger, but sadly we muslms have chaned our selves, and doing nothing. Did anybody heard of an Islamic university established in Afghanistan recently?

No.

But talk about bars and cable TV ??

Wallahi it is painful, but only Allah is our Malik. May Allah change our condition for better. Ameen.

Anyways, I hope my piont was clear.

Salaam Alaikum,

You're both absolutly correct. The reason why there is so much racism even between Afghans (Pashtoon, Tajik, Uzbek, Hazara etc) is because they're not educated enough about Islam. If they were, they'd realise how insignificant our background iss when it comes to Islam.

Us talking about it here isn't doing anything either. We can whine and moan about it as much as we can, it won't change anything back in Afghanistan. Actions speak louder than words, I guess.

May Allah(swt) give us enough strength to make a real difference one day, ameen.

Walaikum Asalaam.

P.S. Brother Clarity, how come you've become a Trainee Mod before Sister GoA? :S. She joined way before you, and she has a higher post count.. and I don't think she's broken any rules of the Forum?

I've noticed, a lot of newer members are becoming Mods, rather than the older members, hmmmm.

I am back lol.. Salam Alaikum..

What's going on here, we all know that people who are close to Allah they are always strong in iman and faith.. Those who are not they are weak..

It's not depend on which nation or culture or country you from, it's all the will of Allah, if you think you are weak in iman, feel absolutely free to ask Allah to guide you to the right path.. And surely you will if Allah wills....

Everyone is strong in iman either they are pashton, dari , tajik, uzbek or hazara.. but sometime you automatically see who is strong in faith...

Well just pray, that's the important thing.. and pray for me aswell and all people around the world...

Guest Sulemaan

For God's sake, this thread is about Afghanistan. You know Afghanistan? The country? We are suppose to discuss the country, its history, its climate, its food, etc. Instead, a whole discussion is going on as to whether Afghans are good muslims or bad Muslims. Not a single post is worth reading!

History - Since the time of Alexander, the land of Afghanistan has seen hordes of invaders come and go, but none have been able to subjugate the fiercely independent tribes. There are many stories for the origins of the numerous tribes, but all tribes tace their origin to four major branches. The story goes like this - A man named Qais is said to have met the Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon him), who gave Qais the name "Pthun, and Qais was to take Islam back to his home. One of Qais's sons was name Afghana, who had four sons. Every Pathan traces its descent from one of these four sons.

The ethnic afghans has mixed with the wave of invaders like Aryans, Turks, Mongols, and the latest we hear is israelis. The jews have for years been trying to locate the 12 Lost Tribes. Recent studies indicate that they ended up in Afghanistan. It is a very interesting theory with some solid data and analysis to back up.

The actual Afghan plains were divided by the British into what is now known as the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan and Sourthern Afghanistan. However, NWFP enjoyed full autonomy as per the agreement during the Independence of Pakistan.

More than a quarter of a century in constant war has left the country in ravages. The victory over Soviet Russia was followed by civil war which continued till the emergence of Taliban. There was a relatively peaceful period during the reign of Taliban, a religious organization which came together to end the infighting. The Taliban was welcomed by the Ethnic Afghans as the warlords led by Ahmed Shah Masood were mostly ethnic Uzbeks. However, the Taliban came under severe International ciriticism for human rights and were sanctioned against. After the World Trade Center attack on USA on Sept. 11, 2001, Taliban was accused of harbouring terrorism and was subsequently attacked by a US led International coalition. The result was more death and destruction to an already beleagured nation.

Today, Afghanistan is is still very much under the control of the US, but have their own government. Recent reports have indicated that there is still large-scale unrest mainly due to the Taliban remnants and the frequent fighting between warlords.

Now, the rest of you can fill the up the following details -

Location-

Climate-

Wildlife-

Art & Architecture-

Culture-

Assalaamalaikum!

^^ Why are you so rude?

If the people of AFGHANISTAN want to discuss something besides what you've mentioned above, we'll discuss that.

And besides, if you had bothered to read anything.. you'd have known that someone came in this thread with a big assumption about a certain type of people of Afghanistan, so I had to say something =).

If anyone is really THAT interested in Afghanistan's location or climate, they'll have no trouble googling it!

P.S. Brother Clarity, how come you've become a Trainee Mod before Sister GoA? :S. She joined way before you, and she has a higher post count.. and I don't think she's broken any rules of the Forum?

I've noticed, a lot of newer members are becoming Mods, rather than the older members, hmmmm.

lol, i think its because he wanted to be a mod... :D bro dot needed some mods and members applied for that... i didn't as sometimes i can't find much time...

Assalaam Alaykum

I have head that Russia had very bad effects on young Afghans by educating them about communism.....

How much is the truth??

Wa Alaykum Assalaam