Islamic Forum
Mercyonmankind

Islam in Afghanistan: The Islamic state

:D

or God's sake, this thread is about Afghanistan. You know Afghanistan? The country? We are suppose to discuss the country, its history, its climate, its food, etc. Instead, a whole discussion is going on as to whether Afghans are good muslims or bad Muslims. Not a single post is worth reading!

bro Suleman, its "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic Forum[/url].... and in the section we are posting is called Islam in your country :D now i don't know why u would think we shouldn't talk about Islam in Afghanistan :P

btw, good points mentioned....

PropellerAds
Assalaam Alaykum

I have read that Russia had very bad effects on young Afghans by educating them about communism.....

How much is the truth??

Wa Alaykum Assalaam

:D ,

I think it is completely true. I can pick several of my relatives who were corrupted by their education.

You can find many in Afghanistan.

Russians tried everything in an effort to indoctornate AFghan kids. However, Allah is great, those who migrated to other countries were saved.

:D .

Salaam Alaikum,

[Pleas stick to the topic.

Both of you. ]

Oh no! It's starting.. he's only training to be a Mod, but the lectures and warnings are coming our way already. No, no nooooooo!!

And special my foot, hmph! lol.

LOL!

Ohhh, 'special'. I already knew he was that kind of a 'special' person.

lol

Guest Sulemaan

I aprreciate you trying to clear your people of false allegations. I would do the same, but Afghanistan happens to be my fatherland, i.e. my ancestral home. I would first let people know what it is all about before going into the details and discussions.

The rudeness was not meant. Just an improper expression...that's all!

:w:

Guest Sulemaan

Good show Clarity! Jolly good show! (clapping) By the way, you can delete this post; it might help you in practicing your 'deleting posts' skill. :D

Edited by Sulemaan

Maybe we would have started that way if someone hadn't started this topic with such allegations in the first place =).

Anyhow, I had aashak today, lol. I love that, and it's quite easy to make too. I hate making mantoo, takes such time and effort.. and doesn't taste that great either.

Assalam-u-walaikum.

I am back.

Lets talk about Afghanistan, Its People and Islam.

Brother Sulemann, you are making an error in typing i think, Kais did NOT have a son named Afghana, I shall Elaborate further in this post.

Afghanistan :

The land off "Afghanistan" previously known as "Khurusan" is inhabited by a multitude of races.

1) The Ethnic Afghan (Bactrian/Pashtun/Pakhtun/Pathan)

2) The Ethnic Tajik

3) The Ethnic Uzbek

4) The Ethnic Hazara (Mongol)

Do note that Not everyone from Afghanistan is "Afghan". This is a common mistake made nowadays even on the news. A National of Afghanistan is called "Afghani" not "Afghan".

Afghani : A National of Afghanistan. May be Ethnic Afghan, Tajik, Uzbek or Hazara.

Afghan : A Race of Tribesmen living in eastern Afghanistan and Western Pakistan. Synonymous with Bactrian, Pashtun, Pakhtun and Pathan.

1) The Ethnic Afghan (Bactrian/Pashtun/Pakhtun/Pathan) :

The Afghans (Pushtuns), who make up more then half the population, have traditionally been the dominant ethnic group. Their homeland lies south of the Hindu Kush, but Pashtun groups live in all parts of the country. Many Afghans also live in northwestern Pakistan, they are called "Pathans" by the Indian races. Afghans are usually farmers, though a large number of them are nomads, living in tents made of black goat hair. Male Pashtuns live by ancient tribal code called Pashtunwali, which stresses courage, personal honor, resolution, self-reliance, and hospitality. The Afghan speak Pashto, which is an Indo-European language and one of the two official languages of Afghanistan.

2) The Ethnic Tajik :

The Tajiks (Tadzhiks), are the second largest ethnic group in Afghanistan. They live in the valleys north of Kabul and in Badakhshan. They are farmers, artisans, and merchants. The Tajiks speak Dari (Afghan Persian), also an Indo-European language and the other official language of Afghanistan. Dari is more widely spoken than Pashto in most of the cities. The Tajiks are closely related to the people of Tajikistan.

3) The Ethnic Uzbek :

To the north of the Hindu Kush, on the steppes near the Amu Darya, live several groups who speak Turkic languages. The Uzbeks are the largest of these groups, which also include Turkmen and, in the extreme northeast Vakhan Corridor, the Kyrgyz people. The Kyrgyz were mostly driven out by the Soviet invasion and largely emigrated to Turkey. All of these groups are settled farmers, merchants, and seminomadic sheepherders. The nomads live in yurts, or round, felt-covered tents of the Mongolian or Central Asian type.

4) The Ethnic Hazara (Mongols) :

In the central ranges live the Hazaras. Although their ancestors came from the Xinjiang region of northwestern China, the Hazaras speak an archaic Persian. Most are farmers and sheepherders. The Hazaras have been discriminated against for a long time, in part because they are minority Shiites (followers of Shia Islam) within a dominant Sunni Muslim population. In the east, north of the Kabul River, is an isolated wooded mountainous region known as Noristan. The Noristani people who live there speak a wide variety of Indo-European dialects. In the far south live the Baluchi, whose Indo-European language (called Baluchi) is also spoken in southwestern Pakistan and southeastern Iran.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origins of the Races of Afghanistan and their Embrace of Islam:

Origins of the Afghan/Bactrian/Pashtun/Pakhtun/Pathan :

One of Prophet Ibrahim's descendents, Talut (or Saul) had two sons, one of whom was named Irmiya or Jeremia. Irmiya had a son named Afghana, who is gives his name to the Afghan people. Tareekh-e-Sher Shahi states that Bakht Nasr who invaded Jerusalem and destroyed it, expelled Jewish tribes, including sons of Afghana from their homeland. During the days of the Babylonian captivity when the Jews were scattered, the children of afghana brought their grandfather and settled in the area that is present day southern Afghanistan

Afghana is said to have left his father at a very young age and was a part of King David's Court at quite an early age, right up till Soloman. This is why he is very hard to find in jewish literature.

With the arrival of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), The Jews living among the Arabs sent word to the fellow Jewish Bani israel decendants of Afghana who were by now well settled in the area that is currently known as Afghanistan and western Pakistan.

The cheif of the decendants of Afghana named "Kais" according to muslim sources, "Kish" according to Jewish sources and "Kase" according to Afghan tradition, came to meet the holy messenger of God, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Kais promptly converted to Islam and was given the arab name 'Abdur Rashid' by the Prophet (pbuh). He was sent back with a number of Arabs who helped him successfully convert all of his tribe to Islam. The entire Afghan/Pashtun race accepted Islam as whole at the same time.

The Ethnic Afghan are known by many names.

Afghan : The Original and correct term for the Race. They are the Decendants of "Afghana" thus Afghan.

Bactrian/Paktye : The name given to the Race by the Latin people and the Greek historians that travelled with Alexander the Great.

Pashtun/Pakhtun : The name given to the race by the Persians. Since the Afghan were geographically located behind the Pesians they started calling them "Pushts". "Pusht" being the Persian word for "Behind". This was gradually corrupted to Pushtun/Pukhtun.

Pathan : The word "pathan" is strictly of Indian use. You will find no Afghan reffering to himself as "pathan" as the word is of derrogitory origin. 'Pathaan' is a word of "Sanskrit" origin. It literally translates into Women/Wife- Stealer/Kidnapper.

After Alexander the great left this region many of his soldiers that were injured or couldnt make the trek back with him stayed on. Since they we soldiers naturally there were no women among them. During the passage of time they like all other men felt the need to have offspring, they turned towards india and started to kidnap their women and marry them. These People from the west to the indian civilization looked like a fair, warrior like race and were given the rude name 'pathan'.

The Afghan were also located in the same geographical region, and whenever they traversed to india they seemed like the 'Pathans' to the locals and eventually the name became popular for them too.

Where the Actual 'Pathans' are the "Kalaash", the "Chitrali" and other left over residents of northern and western Pakistan. It is said that the people of similar ethinic decent in Alexander 's army (since alexander's army was multi ethnic) after his departure formed their own communities and tried to keep their orignal culture alive, which is why the "Chitrali", "Kalaash" and other civilizations are very different now.

The ethnic Afghan are majority Sunni Muslims with Shias found only in the "Bangash" , "Orakzai" , "Mengel" and "Tori" tribes of the Afghan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origins of the Tajik :

In the flourishing years of Islam, the early days of the Ottoman Empire, many Turks travelled for trade purposes to the lands of Bactria and Persia. The Tajiks are decendants of those Turks and became known as the "Tajiks" after the Turk traders intermingled with the Persians.

The "Tajiks" found in Afghanistan are majority Sunni Muslims with only a few belonging to the Shia sect (mostly ones with more Persian blood than Turkish) .

The Language "Dari" (Afghani Persian) is spoken by the tajiks as well as all the other races with the exception of the Afghans (Bactrians), but even they in modern day Afghanistan speak Dari.

Afghanistan has always had an Ethnic Afghan (Pashtun) King. Much like Old England, where to distinguish themselves from the commoners the Royal family would Speak French and not English. The ethnic Afghan Royals would speak Persian to distinguish themselves from the common ethnic Afghan (Pashtun).

Turks who would want to climb the social ladder would also start speaking Persian. With time as the settler Turks intermarried with the Persians their own language "Turkish" got mixed with the vastly spoken Persian which has resulted in the "Dari" language and the "Tajik" people.

Origins of the Turkmen & Uzbek :

The ethnic Turkmen are Uzbek are also Decendants of the Turk traders. The Turkmen and Uzbek unlike the Tajiks were the Turkish traders that intermingled with the Mongols and Chinese and not the Persians. The difference between the two is that the "Turkmen" have more Turkish blood than Mongol, while the Uzbek have more Mongol blood than Turkish.

Turkmen are almost 100% Sunni muslim, while members of the Shia sect can be found among the Uzbek.

Origins of the Hazara (Mongols) :

After Genghis Kahn had ravaged Persia and Babylon, he turned his armies towards Bactria. After engaging the Afghan in many skirmishes, Genghis Kahn not being able to make any inroads decided to press westwards and leave the Bactrians alone. In the process leaving whole armies abandoned in Bactria. These left over Mongol soldiers became known as the "Hazara" (meaning "thousands") as thousands and thousands of them were left for themselves in Bactria.

With time (since they were located near the Bactrian-Persian border) they were indoctrined by the Persians and all converted to the Shia sect of Islam.

The Hazara in general Loathe the ethnic Afghan.

The strongest tie among these various groups is their Islamic religion. The overwhelming majority of Afghans (about 99 percent) are Muslims. About 84 percent of Afghan Muslims are Sunnites and about 15 percent are Shiites (mostly the Hazaras and Tajiks).

Other Info about Afghanistan :

Mazar-e Sharif, where the tomb of the Muslim leader Ali is said to be located in a 15th-century Masjid, is a leading place of Muslim pilgrimage. Scattered throughout Afghanistan are the flag-covered graves of saintlike people who are revered and petitioned for help in childbearing, settlement of disputes, moral leadership, or in other capacities.

Afghanistan along with Western Pakistan Or the Original undivided Afghanistan (Before the durand line) combine to form the "Khurusan". The land from which the Imam Mahdi 's Bani israel (Afghan/Pashtun) army will emerge bearing Black Flags, As stated in Ahadith.

Edited by Dhampyre

I think I will get scolded for my this very opinion I am gonna post right now...

I fully support the US liberating the Afghans from the Talibans(that does not mean I support the war in Iraq... :D )

Everytime I watch documentary or some educational shows which shows the plight of refugees/less fortunate in Bam,Iran Afghan refugess in Pakistan it just makes me feel how fortunate I am...we really shouldn't take things for granted...

I think I will get scolded for my this very opinion I am gonna post right now...

I fully support the US liberating the Afghans from the Talibans(that does not mean I support the war in Iraq... :D )

Everytime I watch documentary or some educational shows which shows the plight of refugees/less fortunate in Bam,Iran Afghan refugess in Pakistan it just makes me feel how fortunate I am...we really shouldn't take things for granted...

I totally agree with u. Don't take things for granted. Allah s.w.t test his servant thru various means and ways. Some are test with wars, and those who died defending their motherland are syahid and heaven are theirs, some are tested with peacefulness, healthyness, wealthyness and to me the last tree that i mentioned is the most difficult test for a muslim.

Any muslim in those situations tends to take these god-given blessings for granted and will assumed that it will last forever. They will forget the shalat , zakat, humbleness , careless in carrying out Allah's commandments in the Qur'an dan sunnah of our beloved prophet s.a.w. and they thinks Allah loves them. Na'zubillah

min zalik. Except those with 'iman and taqwa' in their hearts who are not easily deceived by satan's whispers and deceit.

So it really depend on how each individual look at things. What seems good may actually be bad and what seems bad may actually be good for the believer. Of course only Allah knows best.

Guest Sulemaan
Assalam-u-walaikum.

I am back.

Lets talk about Afghanistan, Its People and Islam.

Brother Sulemann, you are making an error in typing i think, Kais did NOT have a son named Afghana, I shall Elaborate further in this post.

Assalaamalaikum,

Firstly, Jazaakallah Khair for this useful input.

It was not a typing mistake, but simply a different source of history. As I have mentioned, Aghan history is full of legends and lore, which are often mixing up with the facts.

However, I am inclined to the version you have presented here, because I always wondered how can the Prophet (peace be upon him) give the name P'thun, when there is no 'P' sound in Arabic! Anyway, here is an extract on the origin of the word from a very informative site -

Let us first discuss the origin of the names Pathan and Afghan. The term Pakhtun or Pashtun, according to Raverty, is derived from the Persian word 'Pusht' meaning 'back'. Since the tribes lived on the back of the mountains, Persians called them Pashtun which is also pronounced Pakhtun. Some scholars think that the word Pashtun or Pakhtun comes from the old Iranian words parsava parsa meaning robust men, knights. In Indian Ianguages it was spelt as Pakhtana or Pathan. Herodotus and several other Greek and Roman historians have mentioned a people called 'Paktye' living on the eastern frontier of Iran. By the word Paktye they meant the people of the frontier. (According to the Encyclopaedia of Islam the word Pathan is from the Sanskrit word Pratisthana). Muslim historians from Al-Biruni onward called them Afghans, never using the word Pathan which expression was extensively employed by the Hindus. "No Afghan or speaker of Pashtu ever referred to himself as a Pathan and the word is an Indian usage." (The Pathans, by Sir Olaf Caroe) "http://geocities/pak_history/pashtuns.html"]Source[/url]

From the same source, there is something similar to what you posted, but it adds this - Just as the present-day Greeks are Slavs and not of the same race as Alexander and Aristotle, so also is the case with the present day Afghans and Pathans. According to the Encyclopaedia of Islam, the theory of the Jewish descent of Afghans is of later origin and may be traced back to Maghzan-e-Afghani compiled for Khan-e-Jehan Lodhi in the reign of Mughal Emperor Jehangir and does not seem to have been recorded before the end of the 16th century A.D. Prior to this period no other book mentions that Afghans are descended from Jewish tribes. The Jewish books also dont mention anywhere that Saul's son Jeremia had a son named Afghan from whom Afghans claim descent.

ORIGIN AS TRACED BY MODERN SCHOLARS

They are of the view that there might have been some settlements of the Jews in the area in 800 B.C. or so; similarly, some remnants of the Aryans might have been left in the inaccessible mountains in days of yore; and that there did exist some Greek and Iranian colonies here and there. But from 1st century B.C. to 5th century A.D., during a span of 600 years, this area witnessed three immigrations from Central Asia of such gigantic magnitude --- those of the Sakas, Kushans, Huns and Gujjars --- that everything was swept before them, overwhelmed by them and submerged in them. In short, hardly any previous group whether Aryan, Jewish, Greek or Iranian could retain its identity.

Western scholars, therefore, maintain that an overwhelming majority of the Afghan/Pathan tribes are positively descended from the Sakas, Kushans, Huns and Gujjars. Some of the scholars point out the possibility of the word Abdali being another form of Epthalite by which name the White Huns (the ancestors of Rajputs) were known. Grierson finds a form of Paithan in use in the East Gangetic Valley to denote a Muslim Rajput. Bellew, one of the greatest authorities on Pathans, notes that several characteristics are common to both the Rajputs and Afghans and suggests that Sarban, one of the ancestors of the Afghans, was a corruption of the word Suryabans (solar race) from which many Rajputs claim descent (Bellew: Races of Afghanistan). The great Muslim historian Masudi writes that Qandahar was a separate kingdom with a non-Muslim ruler and states that 'it is a country of Rajputs'. It would be pertinent to mention here that at the time of Masudi most of the Afghans were concentrated in Qandahar and adjacent areas and had not expanded to the north. Therefore, it is highly significant that Masudi should call Qandahar a Rajput country.

...it is impossible that these areas should have remained uncolonised and the blood of their inhabitants unsullied. Therefore, it can be safely concluded that the present day Afghans/Pathans are mostly, notwithstanding their claims, the descendants of Central Asian tribes of Sakas, Kushans, Huns and Gujjars. It need hardly be pointed out that from them are also descended the major tribes of the Kashmir, Punjab, Sind and Baluchistan.

Just as the present-day Greeks are Slavs and not of the same race as Alexander and Aristotle, so also is the case with the present day Afghans and Pathans. According to the Encyclopaedia of Islam, the theory of the Jewish descent of Afghans is of later origin and may be traced back to Maghzan-e-Afghani compiled for Khan-e-Jehan Lodhi in the reign of Mughal Emperor Jehangir and does not seem to have been recorded before the end of the 16th century A.D. Prior to this period no other book mentions that Afghans are descended from Jewish tribes. The Jewish books also dont mention anywhere that Saul's son Jeremia had a son named Afghan from whom Afghans claim descent.

Similarly, the story of Qais Abdur Rashid having gone from Afghanistan to Arabia to meet the Prophet and after returning to his country having converted the Afghans to Islam also does not stand the scrutiny of history. Muslim historians Ibn Haukal, Utbi and Alberuni are unanimous in the view that uptill the time of Mahmud Ghaznavi i.e. almost four hundred years after the death of the Prophet, most of the Afghans were still non-Muslims. Mahmud Ghaznavi 'had to fight against the infidel Afghans in the Sulaiman mountains.' Even 200 years later in the encounter between Mohammad Ghori and Prithviraj in 1192 A.D., according to Farishta, Hindu/Buddhist/Animist/Pagan/Shamanist/Zoroastrian Afghans were fighting on the side of the Rajput Chief. The fact that the Afghans should have joined the Rajput confederacy of Prithviraj may also indicate some sort of kinship between them.

On this subject the views of the Russian scholar Yu V. Gankovsky are also interesting. He says: "My opinion is that the formation of the union of largely East-Iranian tribes which became the initial ethnic stratum of the Pashtun ethnogenesis dates from the middle of the first millennium AD and is connected with the dissolution of the Epthalite (White Huns) confederacy. In the areas north of the Hindu Kush some of the tribes of this confederacy participated in the formation of the nationalities who inhabit Middle Asia today, and, among other tribes, in the formation of the Turkmen and Uzbek nationalities. This is attested, among other things, in the records of genonimy which indicate that among the Turkmen and Uzbeks (as well as among the Lokai) there occurs the ethnonym Abdal descending from the name of an Epthalite tribal union (Abdals, Abdel). South of the Hindu Kush, another part of the Epthalite tribes lost their privileged status as the military stronghold of the ruling dynasty and was ousted into the thinly peopled areas of the Sulaiman mountains, areas where there were not enough water supplies and grazing grounds. There they became a tribal union which formed the basis of the Pashtun ethnogenesis.

"Of the contribution of the Epthalites (White Huns) to the ethnogenesis of the Pashtuns we find evidence in the ethnonym of the largest of the Pashtun tribe unions, the Abdali (Durrani after 1747) associated with the ethnic name of the Epthalites -- Abdal. The Siah-posh, the Kafirs of the Hindu Kush, called all Pashtuns by a general name of Abdal still at sing of the 19th century.

"It is not impossible that certain Kushan-Tokharian elements also took the formation of the Pashtun ethnic community. In this connection it is worthwhile to note the fact cited by G. Morgenstierne: among the Ormuri the Pashtuns are known under the ethnic names 'kas' i.e., Kushan. A number of Pakhtun tribes belong to the Ormuri group. They are Afridis, Orakzais, Khattaks, Khugiani, etc."

This treatise of Prof. Gankovsky forcefully puts forward the view that Afghans-Pakhtuns are the descendants of Epthalite (White Huns) and Kushans."http://geocities/pak_history/pashtuns.html"]Source[/url]

So you see, there are similar yet diverse views on the origin. I have come to the conclusion that there were native Afghans (whatever their orginal name, be it aryan, hun, etc) and through the ages they have mixed up with the invading forces of mongols, turks, persians, greeks, jews, etc. The jews are doing an interesting study on Afghanistan as some believe that the lost Tribes of israel have ended up there somewhere. I will try to post more on this later inshallah. I think this is will take up quite a bit of your time.

E-See you, Inshallah

Assalaamalaikum!

So sad that Afghanistan is no longer a Muslim country.I mean theres no Islamic law.Nothings according to the shareeah.It's all westernized.

Guest Sulemaan

No you are beyond scolding. US didn't come to 'Liberate' Afghanistan, they came their for many reasons, one of which was to put a show in retaliation of 9/11. They killed 30,000 for 3,000, they destroyed villages along with all its inhabitants; whatever is left has gone back into the hands of the warlords who keep fighting each other. I think you should reconsider your stand.

My friend (we went to same school) who is from Afghanistan told me that taliban were good for the people there. She also said 'Maybe they werent educated in Islam well considering how they stopped women from studying or leaving home'. But she was all for it.

However i met a taxi driver from afghanistan and he told me that he was soo glad that taliban have left. They were oppressors...etc. When he nearly hit a car, he swore saying [at]jesus[at] etc.. I asked later whether he was muslim and he said of course!..

Needless to say...I fully agreed with the taliban after my friend from school has told me that taliban was much better than any of those who had the control..before and since the taliban.

Could you guys tell us more??

Asalaam-wa-alaikum,

Brother Sulemann, I am Ethnic Afghan(Pashtun), and there are many views put forth on our origins.

However, the religions of the book i.e Judiasm, Christianity and Islam and people who are scholars of those religions are quite clear in pointing out that the ethnic Afghan/Pashtun are decendants of the bani israel.

Ironically, only people that have hindu or atheist beliefs are of the opninion that we are aryan.

In the end if you read all the material present, it is clear that the actual Afghan i.e Bactrian/Pashtun are the decendants of the 10th Lost tribe of israel.

The Aryans (the original inhabitants of the Afghanistan) were driven off by the Afghan when they settled both before and after the advent of Islam. The concept of the Afghan being Aryan is a false theory put by colonists and hindus.

Afghanistan is a land of settlers.

The Turkic and Mongol Races (Tajik, Uzbek, Hazara) came to Afghanistan after the advent of Islam when Afghanistan was mostly occupied by the Afghan race who themselves are settlers of much older origin.

The original Aryan inhabitants of the land now known as Afghanistan were either 1) killed off or 2) driven eastwards.

They are the Rajputs, Dalazaak and other Aryan races, present in modern day Pakistan and India.

In the end all theories are put to rest, when our very own ahadith point out that the actual Ethnic Afghan i.e Pashtun are Bani israel and it will be them who will form the initial stratum of the Black Flag Bearing Army of the Imam Mahdi.

As for the Sons of Afghana they lived long before Kais. Afghana was brought to the land called now known as Afghanistan by his grandsons where he lived till the end of his natural life. Afghana is i said in my previous post is not part of jewish literature as an effort to remove him was made initially since According to Ahadith the Muslim Bani israel Army (Afghan/Bactrian/Pashtun) of Imam Mahdi will be the ones that destroy the Non-Believer Bani israel. The jews know this and have tried to remove this so as to make their cause more believable. Although now the more curious jews have actually proved that the Afghan are infact the decendants of bani israel.

Kais "Abdur Rashid" was the head of the Jewish tribes, decendants of Afghana and lived during the time of the Prophet (pbuh).

Edited by Dhampyre

I agree they were behind on females education and a few other things

BUT

There was a lot of peace in Talibans days.

for example if a woman went alone at night no man would even look up to see.Stealing was rare and many many more things which I have not yet mentioned.

I dont think any of thats left now

Asalaam-wa-alaikum.

Here... this should put an end to all mis-information about my race's origins.

Bear in mind it is only the British and the Hindus that Claim the Afghan/Bactrian/Pashtun race to be Aryan.

Muslim scholars, Jewish scholars and Pashtun historians all agree on the Bani israel Origin.

Here is Ahadith that prove it as well, if anyone still disregards the Bani israel Origin, they are rejecting an Ahadith.

Hadrat Abdullah bin Masud narrates that "an Army of Liberated Slaves will come from khurusan to help Arabs(against the Romans) and say�O Arabs leave prejidice or noone will support you and there will be a war with the Idolaters……(contin

ed)…(Jamia Kabeer By Imam Suyuti)(also mentioned in EIHTESAAB-E QADIYANIAT Vol4 by Maulana Syed Badar Alam Merthi published by International Therik-e-Khatem-e-Nabowat).

Nation of liberated slaves means the Bani-israel as they were liberated from the slavery of the Pharaoh in Egypt during the time of Prophet Musa(a.s) The Hebrew language of the Bnai-israel is also called the Language of the Slaves for this reason.

The area of Khurusan starts from amu daria (northern afghanistan) till the western parts of pakistan and the area known as Khurusan is 90% populated by Afghans/Bactrians/Pushtuns, WHO claim to be the lost tribe of israel.

Thoban r.a(Companion of Dear Prophet Muhammad Salallaho alayhay wa sallam) reported that Dear Prophet Muhammad Salallaho alayhay wa sallam) said: When u see that Black Flags have appeared from KHORASAN ,go to (join) them as the Khalifah of Allah MAHDI will be among them (Ref: Baiqahee and Ahmed in Dalael-e-Nabowat ,Hadith No 5225 in Mishkat-ul-Masabeeh)

Hazrat Umama reported Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: You and the Romans(Christians) will have four peace treaties.The fourth peace would be at the hand of a person who would be from the Al-e-Haroon ( family of Prophet Haroon) of Khurusan.This peace treaty would be for seven years. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) was asked who would be the Imam of the Muslims at that time. Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said� That person would be from my family,his age would be 40 years ,his face would be bright as a start and a black spot would be on his right cheek.He would be wearing two Qutwani Cloaks.He will appear exactly as the person from Bani Israeel. He will rule for 20 years and will conquer the cities of the Mushrikeen(Idolators) (Ref: Kanz-ul-Aamal, Page 268, Hadith No 3868).

Qutwani cloaks resembles the "TALLIT" of present day as called by the israelis.Both Qutwani cloak and TALLIT have fringes (tzitzit) on the four corners. It generally falls across the head, neck, and shoulders. However the Qutwani cloak is larger and more conspicuous prayer shawl than the Tallit. Qutwani cloak is exactly like the cloaks worn by the Afghans/Pashtuns/Pukhtuns of Afghanistan and Pakistan and its also worn in the same way like the Qutwani cloak .

By Al-e-Haroon they mean Hazrat Haroon who was the brother of Hazrat Musa, a Prophet from Bani-israel. Al-E-Haroon means Bani israel.

Inshallah this should be enough for any Muslim on the Origins of the Afghan Race.

Guest Sulemaan

Assalaamalaikum,

Damphyre, you are not only my brother in faith but also in common ancestry. So please don't think I am trying to spread misinformation here - the last thing I would do is to lie about my own ancestors. We trace our routes to the Batani tribe by the way.

Anyway, all the Hadith mentioned can point to one possibility that there will Bani-israel in Afghanistan but that doesn't disprove there are other races in present day Afghanistan and it also does not prove that no other race in Afghanistan existed before the Bani israel. Bani israel cannot be called original inhabitants of the land since they too migrated. I think you mistook 10 lost tribes of israel as 10th lost tribe. There are ten lost tribes and according to some Jews, some of them if not all have ended up in Afghanistan -

About 400 years later in the time of disorder of israel, the Afghana family fled to a land called Gur which is in central Afghanistan. They settled and traded with the people of the area and in the year 662, with the arrival of Islam, the sons of israel in Gur converted to the prophet with 7 representatives of the Afghan. The leader of the sons of israel was Kish like the name of Saul's father.

According to this tradition Muhammed rewarded them and Kish's Hebrew name was changed to Arab-A-Rashid by Muhammad and was given the task of spreading Islam among his people. This is the roots of Afghan Royal Family.

So Afghan Royal Family has the tradition of ancient israel - Benjamin Tribe of the Southern Kingdom of Judah.

Yusuf means Joseph and Yusufzai means children of Joseph. The tribes of Joseph are the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh who are a part of the Ten Lost Tribes of israel. They also call themselves Bani-israel meaning children of israel. Their tradition is that they were carried away from their ancient homeland. Formerly they were shepherds in search of pasture but they gave up their nomadic life and settled into village communities. "magog.web-site.co.il/gog/e_tribes.shtml"]Source[/url]

I agree with you and there is no doubt about the Jewish origin of certain Afghans but it would be wrong to claim that all of Afghans have come from the same ancestory. Perhaps your tribe has directly come down from the Bani israel, but there are a lot of other tribes with mixed races in Afghanistan. For instance, the daughter or Batani (i.e. grandaughter of Abdul Rashid or Kais/Kish/Qais), Bibi Matto was married to Hussein Shah, a prince of Turkish origin. Hence, technically, the Ghilzai, the Lodhis, Suris, Niazis can be called Turko-Afghans. Perhaps this is why, a Yusufzai once told me that we (lodhis) are not pure Afghans.

Allah Knows Best

Edited by Sulemaan

Asalaam-u-walaikum,

All Pashtuns are Bani israel, Regardless of their their tribal branch whether they be from the Ghilzai branch (Niazis, Shinwaris etc) , The Abdali branch (Yousafzai, Gadoon etc) or Kalnari branch (Khattak, Afridi etc)

Bibi Mato and the Turkic prince had two sons, those two sons (Ghalzay and Ibrahim(Loyeday)) only bore daughters and had no male children. The daughters of Ghalzay and Ibrahim(Loyeday) were married off into another afghan/bactrian family, who took up the name of both Ghalzay and Ibrahim (Loyeday) and started calling themselves Ghilzai's. So in that way they too are bani israel. Loyeday was later corrupted to "Lodhi" by the Indians during the Afghan Sultans rule over India.

Had Ghalzay and Ibrahim had any male children they wouldnt be called afghan, as their fathers were of turkish decent not bani israel, But they only had female children who were married into full blooded afghan/pashtun families that had bani israel decent, which is why they too are bani israel.

On the 10th Tribe thing, I have only said that we are known as one of the 10 lost tribes, since the bani israel are said to have lost 10 tribes, and we are known to be one of them.

Yes on one of my posts i did point out that the Afghan/Pashtun are the original settlers of the land now known as afghanistan. Afghanistan is a land of settlers and none of its original inhabitants live their anymore

The Ahadith also proves that the bani israel from khurusan will be the Afghan/Pashtun. Why ? because there are many races living in khurusan, people who have been native to the land, and people who settled.

None with the sole exception of the Afghan/Bactrian/Pashtun display the same characteristics as the Bani israel. We have no reason to believe there will be other bani israel coming to khususan for settlement in the future either. Therefore by simple process of elimination as well as the weight of the facts present we are Bani israel.

Other facts are that

1) we are physically indistiguishable from someone from the Bani israel.

2) we share common names. (Yousafzai from "Sons of Joseph", Afridi from "Ephraim" and so on.) Afghans are also the only Muslims in the world that keep the first name "israel", names like "israel Shah" or "israel Mamund" are quite common among Afghans/Bactrians/Pashtuns.

(Khan which is actually from the bani israel name"Cohen", since the mongol and turkic races had names like "kahn" and "hakan" it was confused with the bani israel "Cohen" and we too have the name "khan" used popularly for us)

3) our eating habits and traditions are similar to the original bani israel.

4) we have many words in pashto that are of hebrew origin. Pashto is made from three basic languages 1) Persian 2) Arabic & Hebrew 3) Turkish. Words like "Khyber" meaning fort in both pashto and hebrew, "Zohar" and so on.

5) no other race in khurusan with the exception of the Afghan claim bani israel origin.

We have claimed to be bani israel long before the westerners even came here to present their Aryan theories. There is no real doubt on our origins or any myst covered fables.

They are only being turned into them because of westerners who think that because the average ethnic afghan is fair of skin, has light hair and eyes as well, then we must have something to do with europe and must be therefore aryan.

inshallah this should clear everything up if read with all the previous posts.

btw brother Sulemann, i thought you were indian by reading your posts on other topics, you say you are afghan here, i must be mistaken then.

Edited by Dhampyre

JazakaAllah khair for the information above.

[Pashtun/Pakhtun : The name given to the race by the Persians. Since the Afghan were geographically located behind the Pesians they started calling them "Pushts". "Pusht" being the Persian word for "Behind". This was gradually corrupted to Pushtun/Pukhtun.]

Wow..

Would you mind quoting the source from which you derived all this information?

Thank u brothers for sharing this. Most of us probably did'nt know about the Bani israel origin. No wonder the jews are interested in Afghanistan.

Aryan or not u are all our muslim brothers and we pray that yr jihad to free yr lands from invaders will be rewarded by Allah s.w.t. Insyallah.

Guest Sulemaan

Assalaamalaikum,

Jazaakallah my long lost Afghan brother! From what I see now, I am inclined to believe that all Afghans are of Bani israel, but here is something I can't agree with -

But they only had female children who were married into full blooded afghan/bactrian/pashtun families that had bani israel decent, which is why they too are bani israel.

This is against the Afghan tradition. The Afghans, much like the Arabs are very proud of their lineages and one does not just give up his father's name. That is very un-Afghan like. However, if you have an authentic source to back this up, then I don't see any reason not to believe it.

A word on Lodhi: It is pronounced as Lodhi even in the tribal areas of Pakistan, which was once a part of Khurasan, so I don't think it is an 'Indian' corruption. I read it in a Pakistani magazine once about how Ibrahim, the son of Hussein Shah and Bibi Matto, and the grandson of Batani, came to be known as Lodhi/Loydey/Lodahi/whatever - once when Ibrahim was only a child, the tribe was going through a famine, people had hardly anything to eat. Ibrahim's mother served him with some food, but instead of eating, the young Ibrahim took took it to his maternal grandfather (batani), who was the head of the tribe. Batani was so impressed by this display of selflessness that he named him Lodahi/Loydey/whatever which in Urdu means 'Delayr'. 'Delayr' can be translated as couragious.

By the way, I said my ancestors were from Afganistan, but I am an Indian citizen, however, I was born in Saudi Arabia. So you see, I cannot be content with just my Afghan ancestors, I have to see the history of India and my beloved birthplace, Saudi Arabia.

Asssalaamalaikum!