Islamic Forum
Mercyonmankind

Islam in Afghanistan: The Islamic state

Asalaam-Uwa-alaikum,

Brother Sulemann:

Yes, the source is authentic, not only is it present in pashto scriptures but is also part of afghan history/legend. I am also inclined to agree that we Afghan are quite proud of our lineage and always bear our fathers tribe name.

However in those times the tribal society that the Afghan race has now become was not to such an extent. Everyone was part of one large Afghan Tribe. Since Ibrahim and Ghalzay were well known leaders of the time, it was a matter of pride for the men that they were the son-in-laws of the two, thus they added their names to their children names. Their children did have the last names of their fathers, but

With time their actual father names were forgotten and only their maternal grandparents names were left since their grandparents were a part of Afghan history and well recognized.

As for the "Lodhi" you must understand most of pakistan's people are NOT ethnic Afghan, and speak Urdu not pashto. We Afghan are a minority. In our own language the decendants of Ibrahim are called "Loedhays" not "Lodhis" . "Afridi" is actually "Opriday" but as i stated in pakistan we have a majorty of people who belong to indian races and speak a language totally different in make to our own, hence resulting in names like "Lodhi" and "Afridi".

Sister afG:

As i stated earlier i have done alot of looking into our origins and thus have read many books, scriptures, ahadith etc that mention us. Although about the names given to us. "Pashtun" this can easily be reconfirmed if you search for it on the internet or read any books on our origins. :D sorry if this seems abit unassuring.

PropellerAds

Walaikum Asalaam,

Right, well thanks anyway for the information. Makes us (well, me anyway) realise how uninformed we are about our own history.

'We' as in you, right? I don't know how much help I can be when it comes to history :S. Always hated it at school, ugh.

Anyway, feel free to post anything else relating to the history/culture/language etc of Afghanistan.

Btw - where do you find information about the history of Afghanistan?

May be not history, but i am still sure that you and all the others can inform people about a lot of other things they have no idea about.

Information i got has mostly been from the books i have read, and various articles and info off the internet. Also i have uncles from both sides of the family as well as my Grandfather who know A LOT, and i mean ALOT about us. I seem like a n00b compared to them haha.

I found a book about 'Turkmana' in my dad's study the other day - their history etc. But it was written in Dari, I think, like most of our history books at home :S.

I'm sure there is many out there in English though, just need to know where to look.

I don't remember saying that?

But does it matter what my background is? I'm just a Muslimah like all the other girls here =).

Thats true, but God also says "I made tribes in you, so that you could recognize one another."

We are all muslims first, but we all also belong to our own different races.

:P

talking about Pashtons..... (w00t) here i come :D

thanks a lot bro Dhampyre and Suleman for the info... so we are actually from the tribe of bani israel??? i never knew this...

but anyways... keep posting ur informative articles... :D

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

Salaam Alaikum,

So, hmmm.. does that mean I'm from the donkey race?

<---

lol

On a serious note, I don't hold much importance to ethnic backgrounds. I mean sure, it's good to know where we originated from and our ancestors history.. but not everything in my life should revolve around it. I have met so many Pashtoons who are so (too) proud of 'Pashtoonwali', EVERYTHING in their life gyrates around it that sometimes they lose sight of what's really and the only most important things in our lives - Islam.

Anyhow, that's my view, others might disagree. I don't think there's anything wrong with Pashtoonwali or any other Culture out there - so long as they stay within the Islamic boundaries =).

W'salaam.

:D

You are quite welcome sister Grace_of_Allah, my intentions were to inform other brothers and sisters of our origins, So that they too could inform others and clear up the false lies and stories about us being aryan.

Most Afghan are that are strong of faith know that we are decendants of the bani israel, there is more than ample proof of it, some of which i have provided on the topic in previous posts.

Although i have come across a few that prefer believing the false "aryan" theory according to which we were hindus-zoastrians. I have tried to make many of them see the truth, but i am sad to say they tend to be bull headed and do not listen to reason.

The religions of the book i.e Judiasm, Christianity and Islam and people who are scholars of their respective religions are quite clear in pointing out that the ethnic Afghan/Pashtun are decendants of the Bani israel.

Ironically, only people that have hindu or atheist beliefs are of the opninion that we are Aryan.

Edited by Dhampyre

Well said, sister afG. May Allah gift others with the same way of thinking.

Edited by Dhampyre

Hmmm, I'm sure I did answer :S lol.

No, my ethnic is not Turkmen - dad was just reading about their history =).

Salaam to all Afghanistan and all other countries...

In Afghanistan Islam is strong and people follow it without doubt... The Afghanistan should get better know, because Afghanistan suffered too much pain.. If Allah wills, afghanistan will get better until the appointed time... Pray for Afghanistan and All muslims around the world....

May Allah save every muslims from evil .. :D

Ameen to that :D

you get people who dont dont practice Islam everywhere its not just afghanistan people init. anyhoo i hope to marry an afghan one day :D

Edited by Saffiya

i have met many afgans inshallah i hope 1 day i come across those strong practising muslim that you talk of,

you cant expect a relgion to be strong if you force it on people.

salam

i just like to correct you Religion or faith i should say is never strenghtened by force it always comes from heart!.

^^it is true, some afghans are not very strong when it comes to Islam(i would know first hand-my cousins are totally against wearing hijab, learning hadiths, etc.) but the majority are good muslims. Its a small world bro slave, inshallah u'll come across a pious afghan.

And what u said about religion being forced on ppl, that is true, it usually backfires and they become worse...

salam

I Dont why everyone is using all these force words for describing afghan Iman. Well if you got that idea from the taliban rule or something then i would like to remind you that they were muslims before that!. and now the Taliban rule is over you should go to afghanistan for a trip and see if anything is different you still see (you still see women in Hijab and people praying in Masjids).

Like i previously stated, the Ethnic Afghan/Pashtun/Pakhtun population of  Afghanistan have very strong faith, no matter where they go whether in Afghanistan, Pakistan, or a Pashtun in Some western or far eastern country, they stay close to the teaching of Islam, this is because Islam is an integral part of the Afghan/Pashtun/Pakhtun Culture .  (w00t)

The people are not as strong faith wise sadly  :D  (the dari speaking population)

salam

I am pashton but yet i have to correct you, There are alot of Islamic scholars in the Ethnic Turkish people.

^^ Pashton, brother slave said:

[you cant expect a relgion to be strong if you force it on people.]

You just said the exact same thing, but different wording.

And:

[I am pashton but yet i have to correct you, There are alot of Islamic scholars in the Ethnic Turkish people. ]

Very true. Exactly what I've been trying to say, you cannot generalize whole ethnic groups like that.

Ameen  to that  :D

you get people who dont dont practice Islam everywhere its not just afghanistan people init. anyhoo i hope to marry an afghan one day  :D

aww.... r u afghan too?

i have met many afgans inshallah i hope 1 day i come across those strong practising muslim that you talk of,

you cant expect a relgion to be strong if you force it on people.

is that so? haven't u met any practising Afghan yet? thats really sad.... true that u won't find many of them in west...but i can asure u there are lots of them whose faith got stronger and they started following Islam more strictly when they came here. but sadly not many of them....

in our city there are a few homes of Afghans, in Ramazan i used to go for Taraweh prayers to masjid, and i never saw any of them the whole month. its just sad to see this.

I WANT TO GO AFGHANISTAN!!!!!! no wnats to go there though (not from my family anyway) :annoyed: and i want to go to kashmeer too!

those AFganz whom u Guyz have met, that R against Islam R Da ones weak in the deen, etc. they want to be able to drinking and partying, etc to be allowed there

the taleban ppl only brought shariah law to the country u kno they stopped all sorts of things rapes, prostitutions, gamblings, drug trade, sodomy..and these are known facts.....as for those of y'all saying afghans duno the meaning of QUran Etc Well I suggest u stop TYalkin from ur &%&%*&% b/c there is SUCH THing as TAFSEER e SHArif and yeh i Had lots of FAmily in TAleban...Did u KNo All TAleban ppl studied Quranisharef and TAfsir in MAdarass? HOW the hell U think they Could spread Sharia and the t if they didn Kno da <meaning? ASnwer taht Plz. MAnn the #### u HEar thesse days....Also, There is a saying in KAndahar that at the time of Taleban the birds flew with both Wings and now with dis Filthy Amercan Gov't they Fly with ONe wing covern their posterior.lol And its true...b/c of Sodomy,Etc. Those #### sayn shyt like afghanstan is Indepent now and it was good to remove TAleban i Suggest u shut ur ^*%*% Plz B/c u Have no Clue.....I went to Afg last summer and Everywhere u went u had to be cautious Of thievs...there were many cases were A MAn(FArsi) would KIll taxi drivers and steal their car. Etc at the time of TAleban every DAym corner was Controlled and Every store u went u would hear nashids playng........No allz u hear is Indian Music comin out of pplz homes

Plz learn some facts,then start talking , thx

Edited by Hashi Al-Eritre

those AFganz whom u Guyz have met, that R against Islam R Da ones weak in the deen, etc. they want to be able to drinking and partying, etc to be allowed there

the taleban ppl only brought shariah law to the country u kno they stopped all sorts of things rapes, prostitutions, gamblings, drug trade, sodomy..and these are known facts.....as for those of y'all saying afghans duno the meaning of QUran Etc Well I suggest u stop TYalkin from ur &%&%*&% b/c there is SUCH THing as TAFSEER e SHArif and yeh i Had lots of FAmily in TAleban...Did u KNo All TAleban ppl studied Quranisharef and TAfsir in MAdarass?

Salaaam alaikom and welcome to the forum :D

let me admit that it wasn't easy reading ur post, do u have a problem with ur keyboard? :D

this part made me laugh, well..... when they (or I) say that most of Afghans don't really know what Islam is about, and whats the real meaning of what they are reading, they don't mean that they can't read the Arabic text! u said urself that u heard indian music coming out of homes.... so if they really know the Islamic education, or really know what Quran says, would they be doing that?

Talibans knew how to read Quran! there is a difference between those men with a gun and a beard and a real Talib who sits in Madrassa and learns about his din. the average Talib who was fightin in Afghanistan didn't know what Islam really was. beating women on street, or stopping them from school, beating men becuase they had no beard, or making them pray twice because they thought they didn't see him praying, is not Shariay! first know what true Islamic teachings are then come and talk.

true that Taliban stopped lots of bad things too....but why did they fail then?

I m not saying the govn of today is good, but if u think of peace and safety then yeah, Taliban brought that..... but they forced people to follow Islam and everyone knows that when one is forced to do something, they won't do it with their own will. Islam is not to be forced. they used the wrong ways.

but this thread isn't about Taliban...its about Islam in Afghanistan, which i believe is getting weak day by day.

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

Sister Nazu, I admire your passion in defending something which you find Islamic, but please try to be more tactful in your rebuttals. I believe we are all on the same side here. The Taliban tried to implement Islam as best they could under the circumstances, and we shuold excuse them because brothers/sisters excuse eath other.