Islamic Forum
Mercyonmankind

Islam in Afghanistan: The Islamic state

:D ,

I hope everybody is in best state of their Emaan.

ukhti Grace_of_Allah u said:

Talibans knew how to read Quran! there is a difference between those men with a gun and a beard and a real Talib who sits in Madrassa and learns about his din. the average Talib who was fighting in Afghanistan didn't know what Islam really was. beating women on street, or stopping them from school, beating men becuase they had no beard, or making them pray twice because they thought they didn't see him praying, is not Shariay! first know what true Islamic teachings are then come and talk.

I must say that the claim that average Talib didn't know what Islam was is very weak. The arguments to support that claim is similarly weak too because a practical fact is ignored here. That fact is that average Talib didn't set in that Amir bil Marouf car and started circling the city in order to beat people. The average Talib fought in the battles to free our cities from the oppression of the thieves. It demands a separate topic to talk about legitimacy of Amir bil Marouf, but for our purpose it is irrelevant.

It is also good to know that most of the Talibs in fact came from Madrassa's where they were thought numerous subjects on Quran, Fiq, Hadith....A simple proof might to be to check with madrasas in Pakistan. Also alot of them were hufaaz.

i should say that there might have been ignorant people among them so is the case with any group of people, but that doesn't make the average Talib bad. There were manafiqeen among the Suhaabas does that make all of them manafiq. I should say that most of those Talibs struggled in the way of Allah. Our Islamic morals demands to praise them for they struggled in the way of Allah.

Allah knows the best.

:D .

Edited by clarity

PropellerAds

I hope everybody is in best state of their Emaan. 

ukhti Grace_of_Allah u said:

I must say that the claim that average Talib didn't know what Islam was is very weak. The  arguments to support that claim is similarly weak too because a practical fact is ignored here. That fact is  that average Talib didn't set in that Amir bil Marouf car and started circling the city in order to beat people.  The average Talib fought in the battles to free our cities from  the oppression of the thieves.  It demands a separate topic to talk about legitimacy of Amir bil Marouf, but for our purpose it is irrelevant.

It is also good to know that most of the Talibs in fact came from Madrassa's where they were thought numerous subjects on Quran, Fiq, Hadith....A simple proof might to be to check with madrasas in Pakistan. Also alot of them were hufaaz.

i should say that there might have been ignorant people among them so is the case with any group of people, but that doesn't make the average Talib bad. There were manafiqeen among the Suhaabas does that make all of them manafiq. I should say that most of those Talibs struggled in the way of Allah.  Our Islamic morals demands to praise them for they struggled in the way of Allah.

Allah knows the best.

:D

nice to see u after a long time brother....hope everything is going on well with u. where had u been? :ohmy:

i agree with u there..... but i never said all taliban were bad or ignorant.... i meant the ones walking on streets and beating people up. there must be some who were educated in Islamic studies.... but did we see that education coming out in the governement? people sitting in that Amir ul bin Marouf car were the ones responsible for the rules and regulations since they were in the power.

i never ignored the fact that those talibs who struggled in the way of Allah weren't to be praised. i will be always proud of them.

wa.gif

nice to see u after a long time brother....hope everything is going on well with u. where had u been? ohmy.gif

i agree with u there..... but i never said all taliban were bad or ignorant.... i meant the ones walking on streets and beating people up. there must be some who were educated in Islamic studies.... but did we see that education coming out in the governement? people sitting in that Amir ul bin Marouf car were the ones responsible for the rules and regulations since they were in the power.

i never ignored the fact that those talibs who struggled in the way of Allah weren't to be praised. i will be always proud of them.

Just need some prayer, inshaAllah. i am around just due to some troubles really cannot give much time to the forum.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Your statement "the average Talib" gave me the impression that most of them were bad. Thanks for explaining yourself. We have to remember that Amir bil maroaf was a small group struggling to reform the society. Their mechanism of reforms might have been inefficient, but their goal was a sincere one.

An important thing that their critics really couldn't realize was the potential to change their mechanism. People, even some scholars, critized them from far away but never extended the helping hands.

Allah knows the best

Edited by clarity

An important thing that their critics really couldn't realize was  the potential to change their mechanism.  People, even some scholars, critized them from far away but never extended the helping hands.

Inshallah hope things go well for u brother. may Allah ease all the troubles.

well...about what u have said here above, do u think if any scholar or some group of people have extended the helping hand...telling them how to correct their mechanism, would they have accepted it? or even listent to them?

:D for the duaa.

I think they would have. If correctly approached. As an example I would mention the head of amir bil maruaf Turaabi who was extremly harsh when he was in Kabul. He used to line up people in Puli charkhi to check their beard and all. He was removed and there was no such a thing in puli charkhi anymore. I can not claim that a scholar extended his helping hand in this case, but i certainly think this shows their flexibility. I can relate similare cases, but this should be sufficient. Therefore, I conclude that because they were flexible, in the context that i discuscused,scholars could have been of big help to them.

I should also indicate that those who are sincere in their believe can change their ways when the truth become obvious to them.

Allah knows best.

Edited by clarity

Talk about the Taliban belongs in the POLICITICS SECTION, not here. Any further discussion about taliban will result in a warning.

Please keep on topic.

As the name of this section implies: anything not related to Islam or Muslims in this country is an off-topic post.

Feel free to start a new, separate topic to discuss whatever you feel like discussing, but not in this section please. Going off-topic is a violation of IF rules.

Thank you for helping us better organize IF. :D

Edited by Hashi Al-Eritre

Assalamu Alaikum-

I'm Afghan and my family's considerably religious compared to other people in our city. I live in Cali and I personally know many religious Afghans, i have 4 uncles who are hafiz and two aunts who are getting there. Amongst Afghans i know pakhtuns are usually more religious than the farsiwan. I found a lot of the Afghan history stuff really interesting, like the part about being descendents of Bani israel. I don't know much about Afghans that live in Afghanistan but when my parents lived there they were very strong in faith (in belief in one Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) as the messenger of Allah) and were very brave :D

Asalamalikom

Afghans are strong and pure in their faith, mostly because they havn't let new ideas in confuse them and weaken their faith... Afghans living out of the cities are very pure, simple and strict with their religion but the people of city, specially Kabul, they are more westernized :D

May Allah forgiver our sins, and give us the courage to go on His path, Ameen.

Jazak'Allah u Khair

Guess who will be sipping some chai (or juice, I hate chai) in Afghanistan for the first time in her life, in about three weeks time?!?!?! (inshaAllah)

=D!

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Insha'Allah ukthi!

You know Afghan...what a country...filled with so much war...yet the people are so nice(most) and in general....Iv noticed so many smile yetthey have been through so much...MAsha'Allah!

Wa'Salam.

Yes, the previous generation (even some from my own) really have been through a lot; moving out of their homeland, leaving everything they had/grew up with behind and starting all over again? This over 2 decade war really has ruined Afghanistan. I remember as a kid, when mum was teaching me to make du'a after my prayers, she'd always include Afghanistan in there, so it's become a habit for me now.. and alhamdulillah, the du'as were accepted and answered. Finally, some peace, and I finally get to see where my parents grew up, yay!

But then there are the countless other countries (mostly 'Muslim' ones) still going through this.

Our victory day is not far though, we'll be the last ones laughing and the ones looking down at us now will get their deserved punishments, inshaAllah.

the sense of afghan pride is very high nowadays especially after the fall of taleban and previouse experiences would suggest the arabs, pakis and others to mind their own business.

also, a little reminder:

all inhabitants of afghanistan are called afghan

hazaras are not from china as some pakis claim, they are believed to be remnants of mongol empire which conquered many countries.

for example Taj mahal was built by shah jahan a mongol emperor to remember his iranian wife whom he dearly loved.

although most of mongol kings were sunni moslems, the hazaras choose to follow the shia school, they speak parsi rather than mongoli and today it's realy hard to claim they are mongol because they have many many mixes and even their mongol language and culture is changed. for more info about hazaras please refer to book "The Hazaras of Afghanistan" by Dr. Sayed Askar Mousavi and refrain from the nonsense racism comments which taleban and their paki and arab masters were promoting before you get knocked out and dragged on the streets by some afghani LOL

aswrwb

Afghans are away from the True path of the Quran and Sunnah. There is soo much innovation/shirk going on there. Grave worship, and etc...

It's sad.

Culture is something that is more important to them than Islam. [for most of the afghans]

Sooo much innovation and shirk going on there...you'll know what i mean when you VISIT it.

Edited by Servant of Allah

Asalamalikom

Afghans are strong and pure in their faith, mostly because they havn't let new ideas in confuse them and weaken their faith... Afghans living out of the cities are very pure, simple and strict with their religion but the people of city, specially Kabul, they are more westernized :D

May Allah forgiver our sins, and give us the courage to go on His path, Ameen.

Jazak'Allah u Khair

"they havn't let new ideas in confuse them and weaken their faith"

Why should 'new ideas' cause such a thing? Does the presence of an entity that differs in your belief cause that much confusion? If so, re-evaluate your own faith. Mohammed did so too, as did Jesus, as did Buddha etc. They were nothing but new ideas..they all went against their own 'ideas'. Never allow anything to weaken your faith. To be anything else is weakness against yourself.

aswrwb

Afghans are away from the True path of the Quran and Sunnah. There is soo much innovation/shirk going on there. Grave worship, and etc...

It's sad.

Culture is something that is more important to them than Islam. [for most of the afghans]

Sooo much innovation and shirk going on there...you'll know what i mean when you VISIT it.

salam have you ever been inside afghansitan or the frontiers no one but Allah can measure faith or judge it's purity. u'r type of logic is british-engineered rubbish, that tries to segregate muslims and diminish the true meaning of Islam and muslims..shame on people like u

Assalam Alaikom,

Dear Brothers/Sisters,

We have to worry about afghanistan but always remember one thing Allah is always with them. Just remember do duaa for them and they will be safe

Salamalaikom

salam have you ever been inside afghansitan or the frontiers no one but Allah can measure faith or judge it's purity. u'r type of logic is british-engineered rubbish, that tries to segregate muslims and diminish the true meaning of Islam and muslims..shame on people like u

Totally Agree. We need to be united to succeed.

Peace

assalamualaikum

My homeland Afghanistan has been subject to much grievous torment over the decades due to war. Hence, one reason to much calamity in faith and steadfastness to faith.

But astaghfirullah, how can some of you people generalise so much on afghans. I know at least a dozen brother afghans from the top of my head who are alhumdulillah very strong in belief. please restrain from judging unnecessarily. it is not our place.

w/s

Edited by Mehmood

assalamualaikum

My homeland Afghanistan has been subject to much grievous torment over the decades due to war. Hence, one reason to much calamity in faith and steadfastness to faith.

But astaghfirullah, how can some of you people generalise so much on afghans. I know at least a dozen brother afghans from the top of my head who are alhumdulillah very strong in belief. please restrain from judging unnecessarily. it is not our place.

w/s

no offense u sound more like a pakistani than an afghan

its weird how many pakistanis claim to be descendended from arabs, persians, afghans, greeks...when they really look indian

Assalamualaikum

no offense u sound more like a pakistani than an afghan

its weird how many pakistanis claim to be descendended from arabs, persians, afghans, greeks...when they really look indian

hahahahaha and when have you seen me??? do i look indian?

My parents are from laghman so im prety sure im a full blood afghan.

again unnecessary judgments being undertaken.

w/s

Edited by Mehmood

Assalamualaikum

hahahahaha and when have you seen me??? do i look indian?

My parents are from laghman so im prety sure im a full blood afghan.

again unnecessary judgments being undertaken.

w/s

salam

ooops :D i think i mistakened you for someone who was claiming to be Afghan and then going on saying how all Afghans are lacking in Islam.. usually people who say that have little to no knowledge about Afghans and Afghan culture because as far as i am concerned we are the only ones who strongly uphold our honor and Islam

Most Pakistanis on the other hand are the double-crossers and they should clean their own backyards before pointing at Afghans.

I hope no one's feelings are hurt but they should refrain from slandering people whose ranks they'll most likely never reach

im sorry for the misunderstanding

Assalamualaikum

ooops i think i mistakened you for someone who was claiming to be Afghan and then going on saying how all Afghans are lacking in Islam.. usually people who say that have little to no knowledge about Afghans and Afghan culture because as far as i am concerned we are the only ones who strongly uphold our honor and Islam

Most Pakistanis on the other hand are the double-crossers and they should clean their own backyards before pointing at Afghans.

I hope no one's feelings are hurt but they should refrain from slandering people whose ranks they'll most likely never reach

im sorry for the misunderstanding

no problem whatsoever bro.

true, Pakistan is the root of the problem in Afghanistan. they are probably the worst hypocrites on this planet.

May the peace mercy and blessings of almighty Allah swt be upon you all

Assalamualaikum

dont let Bush's propaganda confuse you. He wants to make Afghanistan look like his dream for all muslim countries....To Be Like The West

That means...

booze, naked women, etc...

I'm Western and don't booze or like naked women - what does that make me? A hypocrite?

true, Pakistan is the root of the problem in Afghanistan. they are probably the worst hypocrites on this planet.

Sad to see muslims backbiting one another like this.....

Peace