Islamic Forum
m0nica3

I Told My Family (finally!)

Asalaam Alaikum everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all your words of encouragement and all the good advice you had for me.

I finally :sl: told my family that i converted.

I have to say it just came to me today and i felt i should say it. I really don't know how to explain it, but i had this feeling today that it is the right time to do it. So, i called up my sister and told her and then i called my mom after that and told her. My sister basically was okay with it, she just said because she doesn't know too much about Islam, that she will probably be asking me questions in the future and i said that i had no problem answering her questions. Then she advised me that i should tell my mom.

So when i called her, my heart was beating so fast :sl: But i tried to be as calm as i could, took lots of deep breaths and just said "Mom, i have something to tell you" and told her everything and in the end, i asked her "Are you mad at me" and surprisingly, she said no. She said she was a bit sad about it, but would think about it some more. So i am letting her think about it now. But what a relief it was when i told her. It feels like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders...i guess because i don't have to hide it anymore...but i don't know how to explain it, but everything feels really calm now :no:

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, Alhamdulillah, May Allah make it easy for you, and May Allah guide your family too as He Guided you towards the Right Path.

You are in my duaas, if there is anything, please feel free to post, and please keep in touch. I am really happy for you.

Take care, Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Assalaamu 'alaykum sister

Mashaa'Allah, I am delighted for you. May Allah subhaanahu wa ta'aala continue to make it easy for you and give you what is best. Ameen.

and May Allah guide your family too as He Guided you towards the Right Path.
:sl:

Assalamu Alaikum

Inshallah, your family will convert too. Please learn as much as you can about Islam, and teach your family too (don't force them, just be a good example of a Muslim). :sl:

ASsalamu alaikum

Mashallah! very happy for you and may your family become muslims :sl:

Asalam alaikum

Mashallah, May Allah (swt) bless you and guide your family onto the straigth path also.Ameen.

May Allah bless you Sister.

I am also in the boat you were travelling in last week..............what am I talking like? lol

Right let me start again.

I too have to tell my family soon, and reading your story gives me confidence and inshallah the 'guts' to speak to them soon.

Take care Sister and thank you for sharing that with us :sl:

Salaams

ÇáÃãà ááå

Mashaa' Allah.......very very happy for u

Allah bless u ......and guide all ur family inshalah[using large font size is not allowed]

Salams,

congrats sis!!! May Allah give them imaan too.

you said:

Assalamu Alaikum

Inshallah, your family will convert too. Please learn as much as you can about Islam, and teach your family too (don't force them, just be a good example of a Muslim). :sl:

it is not haram to force people to convert to Islam. You cannot force people from the heart and also during the time of the Prophet Muhammad (May Allah(Subhanahuatalah) raise his rank and protet his Ummah from what he fears for it the most), jews and the Nasara (people who call themselves christians) who lived under the Islamic state and payed the Jizyah. Were not forced to convert.

I don't know whether that still applies today.

:sl: sis

i am so happy for you

finally you did it, Allah swt gave you enough courage in your heart to speak up, Alhamdulillah.

I am glad things didn't turn out so bad as you expected them.Insha'Allah you can be an example for all those who are still waiting for the right time to let their families know about their decision.

Peace and blessing to you all. and increasing emaan :sl:

Asalaam Alaikum everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all your words of encouragement and all the good advice you had for me.

I finally :sl: told my family that i converted.

I have to say it just came to me today and i felt i should say it. I really don't know how to explain it, but i had this feeling today that it is the right time to do it. So, i called up my sister and told her and then i called my mom after that and told her. My sister basically was okay with it, she just said because she doesn't know too much about Islam, that she will probably be asking me questions in the future and i said that i had no problem answering her questions. Then she advised me that i should tell my mom.

So when i called her, my heart was beating so fast :sl: But i tried to be as calm as i could, took lots of deep breaths and just said "Mom, i have something to tell you" and told her everything and in the end, i asked her "Are you mad at me" and surprisingly, she said no. She said she was a bit sad about it, but would think about it some more. So i am letting her think about it now. But what a relief it was when i told her. It feels like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders...i guess because i don't have to hide it anymore...but i don't know how to explain it, but everything feels really calm now :no:

salaam,

may Allah promote the peace you feel to include your family too, amen.

while Speaking ,face to face with mom and sis, i suggest you tell them the whole story of your heart&mind's journey to reach this decision...that would also narrate the message of Islam to them...since they know the 'keyboard' of your sentiments very accurately,so your story will 'paint' the picture of true Islam for them..amen

Congratulations ................................

I have one friend like this, hiding his belief, from his family..

hope he will finally tell

.... so can you tell me how you found the light of Islam well if you dont mind...

We all will love to hear that... :sl:

Salam

your brother in Islam

Vishah

Congratulations ................................

I have one friend like this, hiding his belief, from his family..

hope he will finally tell

.... so can you tell me how you found the light of Islam well if you dont mind...

We all will love to hear that... :sl:

Salam

your brother in Islam

Vishah

Wow, and you're still a person...poke......poke......yep, still a person.

Joking of course, but it was extremely scary for you and you wanted your family to approve. That in and of itself is noble enough. My opinion anyways, thanks for sharing.

Wa Alaykom Assalam sister :no:

And congratulations!! I remember when I told my family that I converted.. I was so nervous!! :sl:

But that's a great thing sis, mashallah! :sl:

and May Allah guide your family too as He Guided you towards the Right Path

Ameen!!

:j: my dear sister!

Many many heartfelt congratulations-I know it must have been quite difficult, but :D with the help of Allah :no: you did it!

Take care :sl:

I'm so happy for you sis :sl:

May Allah guide your mother, sister and whole family on your hands too!

Alhamdulilah Sis.

I heard soo many stories like this before of people so suprised their parents took it well.

May Allah (swT) MAke things easier for you.

Assalamo alaikum

Congratulations sister, you finally made it!

I highly admire your love and caring for your family and their feelings. Now try as best you can to be a good example of a Muslimah, and get much knowledge as you can on Islam, both to answer their questions, and to be an encouragement for them to think about it themselves. I pray that Allah subhanahu wataala strengthen your faith and bless you with the sweetness of Islam.

salam alikm

now that was a nice thing to do.. and these are a 2 cool topics u made .. 1. my family doesnt know i reverted 2. i finally told them :sl:

congratiolations

Salam!

MashaAllah! Congrats :sl: I hope I get the encouragement & inspiration I need to tell my family that I'll be converting. Or even after I convert.

I am so afraid of their reactions but so far, these stories don't really have a bad ending to it so I'm somewhat prepared.

Once again, congrats & May Allah bless you!