Islamic Forum
Abd`Allah

Will the non-muslim be in hell forever?

I have read that all non-muslims will be in hell forever. Other muslims also tell me the same thing. Is this true?

How about the non-muslim who believes in one god?

But christians also say non-christians will be in hell forever and catholics say that non-catholics will be in hell forever so how can we be sure? :D

PropellerAds

:D

the belife in 1 God is not good enough, we need to totally agree to submit to Allah,

we must belive in the hereafter, the books revealed, the angels, his prophets, belife in qadar...

ut christians also say non-christians will be in hell forever and catholics say that non-catholics will be in hell forever so how can we be sure?

well you would expect them to say that about other relgions.

I dont think it's correct to say that all "non-muslims" will end up in hell.

However, we can rather confirm that all "kaafirs" (ones who rejected after receiving the true message) will be in the fire.

And Allah knows best.

:w:

Guest amani

you said about those who believe in one god..however they dont believe Muhammed SAW as prphet of Allah..so therefore..they wouldnt belive in the Quran..hense they are rejecting the word of Allah..so does that make them believe?

for ever and ever

"O keeper of Hell! Let your Lord make an end of us." And he will say, "Verily, you shall abide forever."

(Az-Zukhruf 43:77)

The Prophet said, "Indeed, the dwellers of Hell shall weep and if ships are to be moved on the sea of their tears, they will certainly move. They shall shed tears of blood." (Al-Haakim)

"O dwellers of Paradise! Abide therein forever and you shall not die! O inhabitants of Hell! Abide therein forever and you shall not die." Their fire is one that never dies out, "Neither will it have a complete killing effect on them, so that they die, nor shall its torment be lightened for them."

(Faatir 35:36

Assalaamu 'alaikom,

As the previous posters pointed out,

there is a difference between a non-Muslim who never heard the message of Islam but still believes in one God, and a non-muslim who rejected the message of Islam, even if he still believes in one God. One will have an excuse with Allah on the day of judgement and will be tested by Allah then. The other will ofcourse be punished eternally in the hellfire as many verses in the Quran point out, and as the poster above mentioned some of those verses.

As for what christians believe, it has no relevance to us, because christianity is a false ideology to begin with.

wassalaamu 'alaikom

I say no, not ALL. For reasons behind my opinion, read the following:

"According to Islam, the righteous people from the Jews and Christians will have their Great Reward from Allah Almighty and will enter Paradise. Let us look at the following Noble Verses:

"And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book [Jews and Christians], those who believe in God, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to God: They will not sell the Signs of God for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and God is swift in account. (The Noble Quran, 3:199)"

"Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of God all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in God and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous. (The Noble Quran, 3:113-114)"

"Those who believe (in the Quran), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (The Noble Quran, 2:62)"

"Nay,-whoever submits His whole self to God and is a doer of good,- He will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (The Noble Quran, 2:112)"

"Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (The Noble Quran, 2:277)"

Source: "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.answering-christianity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/blessed_jesus.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.answering-christianity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/blessed_jesus.htm[/url]

"Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of God all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration.  They believe in God and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous.  (The Noble Quran, 3:113-114)"

Assalaamu 'alaikom,

regarding the verses you have posted, it should be clarified that those verses pertain to the Jews and Christians that accepted Islam.

Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (abridged version tafsir(contact admin if its a beneficial link)):

Muhammad bin Ishaq and others, including Al-`Awfi who reported it from Ibn `Abbas (radiAllahu 'anhu), said; "These Ayat were revealed about the clergy of the People of the Scriptures who embraced the faith. For instance, there is `Abdullah bin Salam, Asad bin `Ubayd, Tha`labah bin Sa`yah, Usayd bin Sa`yah, and so forth. This Ayah means that those among the People of the Book whom Allah rebuked earlier are not at all the same as those among them who embraced Islam. Hence Allah's statement,

(Not all of them are alike) [3:113].''

[Al Muharrar Al-Wajiz 1:492]

Therefore, these two types of people are not equal, and indeed, there are believers and also criminals among the People of the Book, just as Allah said,

(a party of the People of the Scripture stand for the right) for they implement the Book of Allah, adhere to His Law and follow His Prophet Muhammad . Therefore, this type is on the straight path,

(they recite the verses of Allah during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer.)

They often stand in prayer at night for Tahajjud, and recite the Qur'an in their prayer,

(They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma`ruf and forbid Al-Munkar; and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous) [3: 114].

This is the same type of people mentioned at the end of the Surah;

(And there are, certainly, among the People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), those who believe in Allah and in that which has been revealed to you, and in that which has been revealed to them, humbling themselves before Allah.) [3:199].

Allah said here,

(And whatever good they do, nothing will be rejected of them;) [3:115] meaning, their good deeds will not be lost with Allah. Rather, He will award them the best rewards,

(for Allah knows well the Muttaqin (the pious).) for no deed performed by any person ever escapes His knowledge, nor is any reward for those who do good deeds ever lost with Him. Allah mentions the disbelieving polytheists:

(neither their properties nor their offspring will avail them against Allah) [3:116]. meaning, nothing can avert Allah's torment and punishment from striking them,

(They are the dwellers of the Fire, therein they will abide.)

[End of Ibn Kathir's words]

======

Regarding the verse

"Those who believe (in the Quran), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.  (The Noble Quran, 2:62)"

Again, Ibn Kathir quotes the interpretation of Ibn 'Abbas radiAllahu 'anhu:

`Ali bin Abi Talhah narrated from Ibn `Abbas, about,

(Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day) that Allah revealed the following Ayah afterwards,

(And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).

This statement by Ibn `Abbas indicates that Allah does not accept any deed or work from anyone, unless it conforms to the Law of Muhammad that is, after Allah sent Muhammad . Before that, every person who followed the guidance of his own Prophet was on the correct path, following the correct guidance and was saved.

[end of ibn Kathir's words]

I would advice one be careful with the contents on answering-christianity. Some of my friends have talked to the person who runs that site personally, and i have read some of his articles and fataawa (he seems to think hes also qualified to give fatwas and rulings pertaining to Islam, however he is not). Some friends of mine have come to me very confused after reading the contents on his website. For those who want authentic Islamic knowledge, please refer to websites like Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link) for your questions.

Remember, not every person who runs a website or gives speeches or writes books is someone who processes correct knowledge of the religion. Take from those who ascribe to following the Quran and Sunnah and the way of the companions... as these are our sources for understanding of our religion.

wassalaamu 'alaikom

Edited by Hashi Al-Eritre

(And whoever seeks religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers) (3:85).

Allah a'tala says that the non-muslims will be the losers in the hereafter but He does Not say they will be in hell forever :D

So this means that only muslims will enter paradise. How about those who died before Islam like the prophet muhammad [Pbuh]'s parents or his grandfather AbdulMutthalib and other people without prophets.

They will or they won't. Either way it's up to Allah :D. We can't have an 'opinion' about it.

regarding the verses you have posted, it should be clarified that those verses pertain to the Jews and Christians that accepted Islam.

If the people of the Book (Jews and Christians) "truly" had accepted Islam then they would be called 'Muslims' not Jews and Christians in that ayat.

"Those who believe (in the Quran), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.  (The Noble Quran,2 :62)"

AND:

`Ali bin Abi Talhah narrated from Ibn `Abbas, about,

(Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day) that Allah revealed the following Ayah afterwards,

I am getting confused now. :D (What about 2:62?)

And also what about this verse?

"And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book [Jews and Christians], those who believe in God, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to God: They will not sell the Signs of God for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and God is swift in account. (The Noble Quran,3 :199)"

Here, it's talking about Jews and Christians who believe in the "revelation to you and in the revelation to them". It's talking about those who believe in not our Holy Quran AND ALSO their own scriptures.

I would advice one be careful with the contents on answering-christianity. ...i have read some of his articles and fataawa (he seems to think hes also qualified to give fatwas and rulings pertaining to Islam, however he is not).

I respectfully ask, how can you be so sure of that? :P Are you a scholar? He backs himself up from the Quranic verses and Hadith so how can we say he's wrong?

ONe thing I want to make clear is that there are very very few of such Jews and Christians which the verses are referring to. But they do exist.

Edited by Muezza

Look at it this way.........we are all going to hell, until we (collective whole of mankind) get our acts together.

I dont think it's correct to say that all "non-muslims" will end up in hell.

However, we can rather confirm that all "kaafirs" (ones who rejected after receiving the true message) will be in the fire.

And Allah knows best.

:w:

Question, how does one judge rather or not someone has "recieved the message" of Islam?

I think that's up to Allah :D, Yank.

Edited by Z-247

Question, how does one judge rather or not someone has "recieved the message" of Islam?

Praise be to Allaah.

It is part of the justice of Allaah that He does not punish any people until He has first sent a warning to them and unless there is evidence against them. Allaah does not treat anybody unfairly. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “… And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).� [al-Israa’ 17:15].

In his tafseer (commentary) on this aayah, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “These words, ‘…And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)’ tell us of the justice of Allaah, may He be exalted, and that He does not punish anyone until after He has established evidence against him by sending a Messenger to him. This is like the aayat (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… Every time a group is cast therein [into Hell], its keeper will ask, “Did no warner come to you?� They will say, “Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allaah never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.’�’ [al-Mulk 67:8] and: ‘And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups, till, when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened (suddenly like a prison at the arrival of its prisoners). And its keepers will say, “Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves, - reciting to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?� They will say: “Yes, but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!�’ [al-Zumar 39:71]…�

A person who has never heard of Islam or the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and who has never heard the message in its correct and true form, will not be punished by Allaah if he dies in a state of kufr (disbelief). If it were asked what his fate will be, the answer will be that Allaah will test him on the Day of Resurrection: if he obeys, he will enter Paradise and if he disobeys he will enter Hell. The evidence (daleel) for this is the hadeeth of al-Aswad ibn Saree’, who reported that the Prophet of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are four (who will protest) to Allaah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between the time of ‘Eesaa (Jesus, upon whom be peace) and the time of Muhammad SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)). The deaf man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.’ The insane man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me.’ The very old man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ The man who died during the fatrah will say, ‘O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.’ He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them.�

According to another report, he said: “Whoever enters it, it will be cool and safe for him, and whoever does not enter it will be dragged to it.� (The hadeeth was reported by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Hibbaan, and deemed saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’, 881).

Everyone who hears the message of Islam in a sound and correct form (and rejects it), will have evidence aginst him. Whoever dies without having heard the message, or having heard it in a distorted form, then his case is in the hands of Allaah. Allaah knows best about His creation, and He will never treat anyone unfairly. And Allaah is All-Seer of His slaves.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?In=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=1244&dgn=4"]Source[/url]

So basically, it is in the hands of Allah. But He will not send anyone to the Hellfire without testing them first, since He is the most merciful and understanding.

Edited by MaryamM

Well you got conditions. Like how Allah does not burden the one who never recieved the message. But for those who hear the message, comprehend it and still reject it, what else do they desever but eternal punishment for a warning for their own good

I guess I am just curious as to what Muslims believe the fate of a person like me would be. I mean, I believe in the prophets with the exception of Muhammad (That is I believe he existed and was a great figure in history, but I do not believe him to be a prophet). I try my best to follow the will of God in accordance with the Christian Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ my Lord and savior.

That's just it Yank. Muslims cannot (should not) be doing things like predicting who will be going to heaven or hell.

Guest amani

"O keeper of Hell! Let your Lord make an end of us." And he will say, "Verily, you shall abide forever."

(Az-Zukhruf 43:77)

"O dwellers of Paradise! Abide therein forever and you shall not die! O inhabitants of Hell! Abide therein forever and you shall not die." Their fire is one that never dies out, "Neither will it have a complete killing effect on them, so that they die, nor shall its torment be lightened for them."

(Faatir 35:36

If the people of the Book (Jews and Christians) "truly" had accepted Islam then they would be called 'Muslims' not Jews and Christians in that ayat.

AND:

I am getting confused now. :D (What about 2:62?)

And also what about this verse?

"And there are, certainly, among the People of the Book [Jews and Christians], those who believe in God, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to God: They will not sell the Signs of God for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and God is swift in account. (The Noble Quran,3 :199)"

Here, it's talking about Jews and Christians who believe in the "revelation to you and in the revelation to them". It's talking about those who believe in not our Holy Quran AND ALSO their own scriptures.

I respectfully ask, how can you be so sure of that? :P Are you a scholar? He backs himself up from the Quranic verses and Hadith so how can we say he's wrong?

ONe thing I want to make clear is that there are very very few of such Jews and Christians which the verses are referring to. But they do exist.

Assalaamu 'alaikom sister Muezza,

My reply was all strictly taken from Tafsir Ibn Kathir. Incase you are not aware of the book, it was written by al Hafidh Ibn Kathir, who was a student of Shaikhul Islam ibn Taymiyah. His Tafsir is considered among the most authentic and reliable Tafsir of the Quran there is.

The interpretations of the verses were all from a well known companion named Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas, radiAllahu 'anhu. Ibn 'Abbas was the most knowledgabled companion of the Tafsir of the Quran. He learned the Tafsir of the entire Quran from the Prophet sulAllahu 'alayhi wassalaam himself and the Prophet sulALlahu 'alayhi wassalaam used to make dua for him that Allah bestow him the understanding of the Quran. So no doubt, he is a much higher authority in the interpretation of the verses of the Quran than anyone else.

The brother that runs answering christianity is not in any way an authority to give fataawa about affairs in Islam, especially tafsir of the Quran. Look at his biography, he has studied about christianity more than he has about Islam. He knows christianity and how to debate them yes, but he is not a scholar in Islam to be interpreting verses and giving out fataawa has i have read some of his which sadly were very wrong verdicts he gave. One of them, that i can remember, he said it is allowed for a person to recite the translation of the Quran in his own language during SALAT. Thats juust one example. The interpretation he gave of this verse(s) in the Quran is also another clear example of him falling very short from portraying the correct understanding. He has not bothered to refer to what the companions or the pious Imams have said regarding these verses, and instead relied on his own interpretation, thus leading others to a very wrong understanding of the verses.

regarding the verse 199 in Surah aal Imran, i did say in my post that that verse also explained by the interpretation of Ibn 'Abbas. Please refer to my reply again.

I hope the understanding of the verse is clear to everyone, as there is no room for any other interpretation of these verses.

wassalaamu 'alaikom

:D Brother (?) Hashi. Those were very informative posts. Somebody asked what will happen to the Prophet's parents:

Question #47170: Are the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in Paradise or in Hell? 

Click here to get a printable version

Question :

Where are the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Are they in Paradise or in Hell? We hope you can tell us of a hadeeth which proves the answer?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

There is a hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which indicates that they are in Hell.

Muslim (203) narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man said: “O Messenger of Allaah, where is my father?� He said: “In Hell.� When he turned away he called him back and said: “My father and your father are in Hell.�

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This shows that whoever dies in a state of kufr will be in Hell. And being related to one who is close to Allaah will not avail him anything. It also shows that whoever died during the fatrah (the interval between the Prophethood of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and that of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) and was the follower of the way of the Arabs at that time, which was idol worship, will also be among the people of Hell. There is no excuse for the call not reaching them, because the call of Ibraaheem and other Prophets (peace be upon them) had reached these people.

Muslim (976) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for permission to pray for forgiveness for my mother, but He did not give me permission. And I asked Him for permission to visit her grave, and He gave me permission.�

It says in ‘Awn al-Ma’bood:

“But He did not give me permission� means: because she was a kaafirah (disbeliever) and it is not permissible to pray for forgiveness for the kuffaar.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This shows that it is not permitted to pray for forgiveness for the kuffaar.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “My father and your father are in Hell,� he spoke with knowledge, for he did not speak on the basis of his whims and desires, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).

2. Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.

3. Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.

4. It is only a Revelation revealed�

[al-Najm 53:1-4]

Were it not that proof has been established against ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Muttalib, the father of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would not have said what he did about him. Perhaps he had heard something that established proof against him on the basis of the religion of Ibraaheem, because they used to follow the religion of Ibraaheem until the innovations were introduced by ‘Amr ibn Luhayy al-Khuzaa’i and his innovations became widespread among the people, such as the propagation of idols and praying to them instead of to Allaah. Perhaps ‘Abd-Allaah had heard something that showed him that the idol worship of Quraysh was wrong, but he still followed them, and thus proof was established against him. Similarly, the hadeeth which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked for permission to pray for forgiveness for his mother but it was not granted, and he asked for permission to visit her grave and he was permitted to do so but not to pray for forgiveness for her, perhaps she had heard something that established proof against her, or perhaps the people of the Jaahiliyyah are to be treated as kuffaar as far as rulings in this world are concerned, so we should not pray for them or pray for forgiveness for them, because outwardly they seem to be kuffaar, and should be regarded and dealt with as such, and their case in the Hereafter is for Allaah to judge.

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb

Al-Suyooti (may Allaah have mercy on him) was of the view that the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will be saved (from Hell), and that Allaah brought them back to life after they had died and they believed in him.

This view was rejected by the majority of scholars who ruled that the ahaadeeth which indicate that are fabricated (mawdoo’) or very weak (da’eef jiddan).

It says in ‘Awn al-Ma’bood:

Most of the reports that been narrated to the effect that the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) were brought back to life and believed in him and were saved are fabricated and false. Some of them are very weak and cannot be saheeh under any circumstances, as the imams of hadeeth are unanimously agreed that they are fabricated, such as al-Daaraqutni, al-Jawzaqaani, Ibn Shaheen, al-Khateeb, Ibn ‘Asaakir, Ibn Naasir, Ibn al-Jawzi, al-Suhayli, al-Qurtubi, al-Muhibb, al-Tabari, Fath al-Deen ibn Sayyid al-Naas, Ibraaheem al-Halabi and others. The scholar Ibraaheem al-Halabi explained at length the fact that the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have not been saved from Hell in a separate essay, as did ‘Ali al-Qaari in Sharh al-Fiqh al-Akbar and in a separate essay. The basis for this opinion is the  soundness of this hadeeth (“My father and your father are in Hellâ€?). Shaykh Jalaal al-Deen al-Suyooti differed from the huffaaz and scholars and affirmed that they had believed and had been saved, and he wrote numerous essays on that topic, including al-Ta’zeem wa’l-Minnah fi anna Abaway Rasool-Illaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fi’l-Jannah.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is there any saheeh report from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that Allaah brought his parents back to life so that they could become Muslims, then they died (again) after that?

He replied: There is no saheeh report to that effect from the scholars of hadeeth. Rather the scholars are agreed that this is an invented lie… There is no dispute among the scholars that this is one of the most obvious of fabrications, as was stated by those who have knowledge. That does not appear in any of the reliable books of hadeeth, either in the Saheehs or the Sunans or the Musnads or any other well-known books of hadeeth. It was not mentioned by the authors of the books of Maghaazi or Tafseer, even though they narrated da’eef (weak) reports along with saheeh (sound) ones. The fact that this is a lie is clear to any one who has any knowledge of religion. If such a thing had happened there would have been a great deal of motivation to transmit it, because it is something that is extraordinary on two counts: the raising of the dead and believing after death. Such a thing would have been more deserving of being transmitted than anything else. Since no trustworthy narrated transmitted it, it may be understood that this is a lie.

Moreover, this goes against the Qur’aan and the saheeh Sunnah, and the consensus of the scholars. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah accepts only the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and foolishness and repent soon afterwards; it is they whom Allaah will forgive and Allaah is Ever All‑Knower, All‑Wise.

18. And of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil deeds until death faces one of them and he says: ‘Now I repent;’ nor of those who die while they are disbelievers�

[al-Nisa’ 4:17-18]

So Allaah states that there is no repentance for one who dies as a disbeliever. And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then their Faith (in Islamic Monotheism) could not avail them when they saw Our punishment. (Like) this has been the way of Allaah in dealing with His slaves. And there the disbelievers lost utterly (when Our Torment covered them)�

[Ghaafir 40:85]

So He tells us that the way in which He deals with His slaves is that faith will be to no avail once they have seen the punishment, so how about after death? And there are other similar texts. Then he quoted the two hadeeth which we quoted at the beginning of our answer.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/325-327.

Islam Q&A (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

Question #2912: Who are the Jews and Christians who will enter Paradise? 

Click here to get a printable version

Question :

For the time being, I do not have the resources to quote the exact Quranic verse, nor can I tell you what sura it has been taken from. However, I believe it is a common verse. I understand little Arabic; hence I found that in English. The verse can be interpretted as such:

The godfearing Jews, muslims and christians will not have fear (on that day).

I am not exactly sure of the bracketted phrase.

Now my question to you: is it mistranliteration?

We know that christians and jews in general cannot be hoped to have any sanction in the life hereafter. So, how do we understand the verse?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

What you refer to in your question is mentioned in two similar aayaat in the Qur’aan. The first of them is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.� [al-Baqarah 2:62]

The second is the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): “Surely, those who believe, those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians – whosoever believed in Allaah and the Last Day, and worked righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.� [al-Maa’idah 5:69]

In order to understand these aayaat correctly, we need to refer to the scholars of Tafseer (Qur’aanic commentary). The great Imaam Ismaa’eel ibn Katheer, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in his tafseer of the aayah from Soorat al-Baqarah:

“Allaah, may He be exalted, points out that whoever of the previous nations did well and was obedient, will have a good reward, and this will be the case for everyone who follows the Unlettered Prophet [Prophet Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) until the Hour comes – he will have eternal happiness, and they will not fear what they are going to face, nor will they grieve for what they have left behind. As Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘No doubt! Verily, the awliya’ of Allaah [i.e., those who believe in the Oneness of Allaah and fear Allaah much, and love Allaah much], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve.’ [Yoonus 10:62]. And Allaah tells us what the angels say to the believers at the time of death (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Verily, those who say, “Our Lord is Allaah,â€? then they istaqaamu [stood straight, i.e., truly followed Islam], on them the angels will descend (at the time of their death) (saying): “Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised!â€?’ [Fussilat 41:30]

As far as the Jews are concerning, their faith meant believing in the Tawraat (original Torah) and following the way of Moosa (peace be upon him) until ‘Eesa came, after which whoever continued to follow the Torah and the way of Moosa, and did not leave this and follow ‘Eesa, was doomed. As far as the Christians are concerned, their faith meant believing in the Injeel (original Gospel) and following the laws of ‘Eesa; whoever did this was a believer whose faith was acceptable to Allaah, until Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came, after which whoever did not follow Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and leave the way of ‘Eesa and the Injeel that he had been following before, was doomed.

The aayah (interpretation of the meaning), “And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losersâ€? [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85] is a statement that Allaah will not accept any way or deed from anyone, after sending His Final Messenger, except those that are in accordance with the laws of Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Prior to this, however, anyone who followed the Prophet of his own time was on the Straight Path of salvation. So the Jews were those who followed Moosa (peace be upon him) and referred to the Tawraat for judgement at that time. When Allaah sent ‘Eesa (peace be upon him), the Children of israel were obliged to follow him and obey him, and so they and others who followed him became Christians.. When Allaah sent Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as the Final Prophet and a Messenger to all the children of Adam, all of mankind was obliged to believe in him and obey him, and refrain from what he prohibited. Those who did so are the true believers. The ummah (nation) of Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) are called the believers because of their deep eemaan (faith) and conviction, and because they believe in all the past Prophets and in the prophesied events that are yet to come.â€?

Commenting on the aayah in Soorat al-Baqarah, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“What is meant is that every group believed in Allaah and the Last Day, which is the appointed Day of Reckoning, and did righteous deeds. But after Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent to both mankind and the jinn, true belief can only be in accordance with the way of Muhammad  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever follows his way will not fear the future or grieve for what they leave behind.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

:D Brother (?) Hashi. Those were very informative posts.

Assalaamu 'alaikom,

Yes its 'Brother', and JazakiALlahu khairan for your posts as well, also very informative.

Its not a matter of opinion...

"...This day have I perfected your religion for you completed my favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.." (Holy Quran : Surah Al- Maidah, Verse 3)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah) never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good)." (Holy Quran : Surah Al-Imran, Verse 85)

Assalaamu 'alaikom,

Surah Kahf

[018-105-106] "They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of Judgment, give them any weight. That is their reward, Hell, because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest"

So, the non-Muslims (Kafir) will never enter the paradise.

Wassalaamu 'alaikom

muezza

Your post of 3 Nov has many quotes ....all speak of " a reward " & NOT Jannah.

The Quran is infallible and does not contradict.

There is an ayah which says that Allah has cursed the jews and the Christians and has made jannah haram for them.

The simple facts :

1. Both these "human corrupted scriptures" of Jews and christians promote worship of Ezra ( regarded as a son of God by jews) and Jesus ( regarded as son of God by the Christians). Allah hates "mushriks" and to say he begot a son is ABOMINABLE.

IF they want Jannah, they must convert before they die and Allah swt has promised forgiveness. They cant have it both ways!

2. Allah ONLY accepts Islam as the only deen. And acceting Islam MEANS one has to sincerely accept all 5 pillars AND start worshipping ONLY Allah swt.

3. The muslims accept all prophets. They mock our prophet secretly.....yet Allah

swt has warned them in their scriptures that Muhammed was coming and willbe the LAST prophet.

4. They have fiddled with the scriptures ad lib ! Today there are some 20 or so VERSIONS ( not just editions) of the Bible !!!!

5. The jews ( bani israel ) killed prophets sent by Allah.....this fact is mentioned

many times in the Qur'an especially in Suras 2 and 3.

....i am sure bros/sisters will have other points to add.

Had i not been a muslim, i would be A FOOL not to study the facts logically and say Allah HU AKBAR and enter Islam and prepare for paradise by good deeds.

Peace

Albatros