Islamic Forum
Mansoor Ansari

Why do u not grow a beard?

The below quoted post was written Paki bro, pls read it. This question is for those muslims who don't keep a beard or argue against keeping one. What r your reasons for not keeping a bread and not following this sunnah.

:P

Akhi I will try to help you to the best of my ability  :D .

I also came across the same questioning from some of my peers and friends recently and after talking to the imam, he explained it this way.

You have to look at the wording of the hadiths to determine if the acts prescribed are optional or mandatory.  It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen, trim the moustache and let the beard grow.â€? (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5892, Muslim, 601).  See this is a direct order from the Prophet.

Some things which are non-obligatory Sunnah are things such using Siwaak.

As you said we should follow the Prophet (SAW) as this is the reason we say the Kalima.  He was the perfect example and Allah  :D  ordered us to follow his footsteps.  So if we do not follow his example then we are no doubt sinning as this is going against what is stated in the Quran.

Following the Deen means Fard + Sunnah not just Fard.  We are such big sinners and we try to minimize our good deeds when we should be maximizing them to gain the forgiveness of Allah  :P .  Some links below.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=9067&dgn=4"]Following the Sunnah[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=6657&dgn=4"]Beard[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=1189&dgn=4"]Removing Beard[/url]

PropellerAds

:D

well i think i can answer this for myself, i didnt have keep a beard before beceause my beard is patchy and made me look werid, so i kept on shaving and now alhamdulilah its better and i have a beard although slightly patchy so i may shave 1 last time i dunno i have to think about that i dont like shaving

i was kinda in the same situation like u... it's still a little patchy..space out is more like it. by reading regarding this iisue at different places i did conclude that I have to keep a beard no matter what.

Anothe reason, i had not kept a beard was that I did't think it was cool (dumb me) but now i know better. :D

reason i dont have a beard...because its not grown properly? my hair comes around sideburns all the way down thats all no hair under ma lips so until i see some there thats when i should leave it to grow because having long sideburns does make me look like elvis with ma hair :D

salaam alaikum,

i think this is semi-open to interpretation, although i am in absolutely NO position to issue ANY kind of a fatwaa. what i mean is, i think the beard is obligatory, i agree with that. But, and i should be searching for where i read this, but the beard is to beautify men. It is to make you look good. So if you have a patchy beard and you dont think it looks good, shave it and let it grow, shave it and let it grow, then soon insha'Allah you will have a beautiful sunnah beard.

just my take on the story.

PS i keep a beard, i have a job interview tomorrow but ive grown attached to it and i dont wanna shave it... :D

wassalaam

AS

i would recommend that if one has a patchy beard let it grow. Once it grows long enuf, patches can't b seen well.

It mite b uneven & u mite think it doesn't look good. keep beard & let it flow bcoz i will please Allah that we as muslims have kep the beard to please Allah without caring how it's going to look.

PS i keep a beard, i have a job interview tomorrow but ive grown attached to it and i dont wanna shave it... :D

Akhi keep it! Show that Muslim Pride and more importantly....remember that Allah :D is the provider. If you dont' get the job because of your beard then the reward you will get from Allah :P will be far better. Keep Strong!

Anything you give up for the sake of Allah :P , you will be rewarded with something better.

Why do I not keep a beard? Very simple…I am female!

asalamualaykum

haha sis lol

sadly some women are cursed with facial hair, for them it's better to shave it off though methinks

lol

you sisters are crazy

well i think the muslim brothers are trying to have a bonding moment here so lets stay outta this one

PS i keep a beard, i have a job interview tomorrow but ive grown attached to it and i dont wanna shave it...
i donno if this is for everyone but i think when we grow our beards we actully do get attached to it (i mean emotionaly lol)

hmmm i still not sure if i should do a mac 3 (or is it 4) and then let it grow nicly its tempting but then again i dont wanna look beardless seems werid without 1,

most of my mates have nice looking beards mashallah mines just laggin behind.

well done sis for removing it, females shouldnt have beards,

asalamualaykum

haha sis lol

sadly some women are cursed with facial hair, for them it's better to shave it off though methinks

NNOOOOOOoooooo!!! sis, shaving = stubble. :D nobody wants a stubbley girl. threading is the way to go... although, i've never seen a woman with enough hair on her face for it to be considered a "beard." :P ewies.

NNOOOOOOoooooo!!! sis, shaving = stubble. :D nobody wants a stubbley girl. threading is the way to go... although, i've never seen a woman with enough hair on her face for it to be considered a "beard." :P ewies.

Unfortunately I have...not a pretty sight...used to be one of my substitute teachers.

I seen a lot of girls do bleaching to hide their facial hair.

:D poor them. :D

but bleaching is cool, makes ya look like a peach lol.

i think bleaching smakes things worse, you still can see the beard lol,

i wonder how i would look if i bleached my facial hair,

Aslaam Walaikum Waramatullahi Wabarakatuh

Are most muslims ashamed to have a beard, I cant notice much, I am growing a beard never shaved before. I dont see any teenagers my age keeping them they are shaving day by day.

Ok, so just to be sure I understand, Muslim men grow beards because Muhammad had one right?

Aslaam Walaikum Waramatullahi Wabarakatuh

Prophet Muhammad peace and bessings upon him was a great example to mankind and we should atleast try to follow him. And yes he did have a beard and I believe he also had hair upto his shoulders or near them.

Well, this is one area where I think Muhammad was a good example, shaving is such a pain, and if not for my wife I would gladly regrow my goatee or even my beard back again.

Salaamz,

To tell you guys the truth, I dun know myself the real position of the beard. Because some say it is sunnah, some say it is Far, and then some say it is neither. I am trying to look for evidences in both catagories. But if the beard is a fard and people know it, I think it is because they are afraid of what society might think of them. I mean some are afraid they will be considered terrorists while others will be afraid they dun look good. Neither is a good enough excuse if the beard is a beard but the second point is a interesting one. In the 70's people had beards, now they dun ( I think it is the whole metrosexual thing), so yeah in appearance sense it depends on the the time period I guess.

Salam

I want to and probalby will. but im only 16 and waiting to get some. :D

Edited by m-16

Ok, so just to be sure I understand, Muslim men grow beards because Muhammad had one right?

actually, muslims are obligated to grow their beards because prophet muhammad ordered it. he, may Allah send His peace and blessings upon him, said: "trim the moustache and leave the beard." meaning, let it grow.

and to answer the original question of the thread, i don't grow a beard because Allah hasn't put it into my genes to grow a full one. i got a tiny little goatee thing.

bro rashed :D

if it doesn't grow long that's fine but let it growas much as it can if it 1 cm thats ok. i know some bro who never shave but thier beards r hardly a cm long...

my advice... don't shave yr beard no matter how they look or how small they r.