Islamic Forum
Mansoor Ansari

Why do u not grow a beard?

Why, according to your beliefs, does Allah wish you to have long beards?

PropellerAds
bro rashed :D

if it doesn't grow long that's fine but let it growas much as it can if it 1 cm thats ok. i know some bro who never shave but thier beards r hardly a cm long...

my advice... don't shave yr beard no matter how they look or how small they r.

maybe my post wasn't clear... technically, i don't have a beard. i have a goatee. that's all the facial hair Allah has blessed me with (aside from the moustache, which we're required to trim so that it is above the upper lip), which is why i said in my first post that i don't grow a beard... i don't shave what i have. in fact, i hold the opinion that shaving the beard is haraam.

sorry for being unclear about that... :D

Edited by rasheed gonzales

maybe my post wasn't clear... technically, i don't have a beard. i have a goatee. that's all the facial hair Allah has blessed me with (aside from the moustache, which we're required to trim so that it is above the upper lip), which is why i said in my first post that i don't grow a beard... i don't shave what i have. in fact, i hold the opinion that shaving the beard is haraam.

sorry for being unclear about that...  :D

sorry bro.. i think i wasn't clear enuf either, actually i wasn't clear at all.

i understood what u said and wanted to acknowlede that u were right. i think that i miised that whole part in the post :D

the latter part was supposed to b for other bro so that they can take example out of u.

sorry ab the confusion.

although, i've never seen a woman with enough hair on her face for it to be considered a "beard." :D ewies.

:D

You never have? Check this out:

fbeard.JPG

^ Longest Female Beard .. according to Guiness World Records!

:P

:w:

what is wrong with you people :D as a female i don't have a beard subhanallah! as 4 dat picture^^^honestly hasn't she heard of the wonders of 'shaving?'

You never have? Check this out:

fbeard.JPG

^ Longest Female Beard .. according to Guiness World Records!

:P

oh dear... :D

she's certainly a butch ol' girl, isn't she?

salaam,

alhamdullah that i am blesst with smooth face B) .

but for my husband he has super hard beard its like thick needles sticking out, so he says the reason that he doesnt shave it is because he tells me it is itchy, although he does have goatee.

can anyone tell me any tips on growing a beard???

not for me :D . but for my husband.

Assalamu alaikum

can anyone tell me any tips on growing a beard?

Don't shave.

salaam alaikum,

Paki Brother  Nov 3 2004, 12:19 PM 

QUOTE (Allah's Slave [at] Nov 3 2004, 02:05 PM)

PS i keep a beard, i have a job interview tomorrow but ive grown attached to it and i dont wanna shave it...  

Akhi keep it! Show that Muslim Pride and more importantly....remember that Allah is the provider. If you dont' get the job because of your beard then the reward you will get from Allah will be far better. Keep Strong!

Anything you give up for the sake of Allah , you will be rewarded with something better.

I made sure to keep my beard and remember Allah brother! As an American though, I trimmed it before the interview to make sure all the whiskers were nice and even, so as not to appear unkept and scraggly. Thanks for the encouragement though.

slave  Nov 3 2004, 05:48 PM 

i donno if this is for everyone but i think when we grow our beards we actully do get attached to it (i mean emotionaly lol)

For real! I used to hear young women talking about how their hair had gotten long and they didn't want to cut it. I didn't understand as I thought it would just grow back. Now that I grow my beard I want to go as long as possible without shaving but I try to maintain a balance between a good beard & a groomed appearance.

Yank  Yesterday, 11:59 AM 

Well, this is one area where I think Muhammad was a good example, shaving is such a pain, and if not for my wife I would gladly regrow my goatee or even my beard back again.

I didn't realize how nice it is to stop shaving until i grew my beard...go figure. Now I can't imagine shaving every other day again...and every day = yeah right. The bottom of my jaw and my neck get irritated when i shave often, so i just keep my beard grown and shave my cheeks & moustache. It's MUCH easier & you don't need to use such a sharp razor blade. The beard also saves $$$, mach 3 razorblades are EXPENSIVE! Like $8-9 for 4!!!! Yeesh, I'll take the beard.

Maybe you should have married a muslim woman Yank! Ha Ha I am just joking! Allah guided you to whom he wills :D

Yank  Yesterday, 03:03 PM 

Why, according to your beliefs, does Allah wish you to have long beards?

Because I am not aware of a mention of men keeping a long beard in the Quran, the answer may lie in the sunnah. I think the logical argument is as follows:

1. Men naturally grow facial hair, this is the evidence that Allah(SWT) wants us to have the choice of keeping a beard.

2. Muhammad (SAW) kept a long beard, this is the evidence that Allah (SWT) showed us which choice is correct as far as pleasing our creator.

Also, I am wondering what images come to mind when you think of the faces of Isa (Jesus), Musa (Moses), and Ibrahim (Abraham)...may peace and blessings be upon all of them. Personally I imagine them all with beards and think this is a sign that Allah wants men to keep beards.

As far as the bearded woman, I think she is scary looking & resembles a man. In addition, she is from the same state as myself so I hope I never run into her!

proudmuslima  Today, 07:58 AM 

...can anyone tell me any tips on growing a beard???

not for me  . but for my husband.

If his beard is very itchy, I have one suggestion that may sound kinda goofy. When I am in the shower I use shampoo & conditioner on my hair, so I thought why not on my beard? I dont know if shampoo helps but i assume conditioner makes it softer...you may know better as you're a sister and i'm inclined to believe you might have an idea about such products. I hope that doesn't seem too wierd but I feel like it works.

It's obvious from reading this topic that beards get much love! Being an american that used to associate with women, i find it humorous that now after i grow a beard and lower my gaze whenever i deal with women (ie ordering food at a restaurant or in an office at school) they compliment and love my beard. not always, but enough that its encouragement to keep it! :D

wassalaam

AS

Edited by Allah's Slave

salaam,

alhamdullah that i am blesst with smooth face  B) .

but for my husband he has super hard beard its like thick needles sticking out, so he says the reason that he doesnt shave it is because he tells me it is itchy, although he does have goatee.

can anyone tell me any tips on growing a beard???

not for me :D . but for my husband.

Assalamu alaikum

Well it will be itchy for a little bit while it is growing....but after that it is smooth sailing.

Tell him to use shampoo and conditioner....depending on how much he thinks he needs it...I experimented with it and I found that if I use it every day then it is harder to control so every other day does the job for me. Also, Prophet :saa: told us to use olive oil in the beard....and its a good thing he did...that thing does wonders. Put it in every day. It helps to tame it and keeps it nice and soft. It's so soft that it starts tickling my neck now...hehe.

Assalamualaikum

Concerning the beard, isn't there a hadith that when two men (clean shaven) from Persia came to the Prophet (pbuh), the Prophet (pbuh) turned away from them and asked who told them to do such a thing and they said their king. So from this account it would seem that keeping a beard is mandatory. Think about it, it you were in the Prophet's (pbuh) time and you were a Muslim without a beard, how would the Prophet (pbuh) react to you?

Salam

Allhumdulilah my beard comes out nice. Before practicing Islam I used to shave but now Allhumdulilah I try to be a good Muslim and keep a long beard.

Salam

Allhumdulilah my beard comes out nice.  Before practicing Islam I used to shave but now Allhumdulilah I try to be a good Muslim and keep a long beard.

Way to go brother. :P

:D ,

i wasn't growing beard for blah blah reasons. You know i realized that blah blah reasons were just excuses, so here i am growing it long inshaAllah . Anyways, my point is there shouldn't be any excuses. So grow beard, nobody is going to chop your head of for growing it. However, if you don't then, Allah will ask you why you didn't grow beard.

:D .

Combing olive oil, lotion, or cholesterol into your beard ought to make it softer. Likewise using hair-conditioner on it.

I keep trying to get my husband to grow a beard. Not because we're Muslim, we're not, but because I like beards. He says it itches too much. A friend of ours told him that if you grow it and then shave it when the itch becomes bad, then let it grow again, it won't itch the second time around.

If you never shave your beard in your life, I bet it will be nice and soft. But if you're a teenager and are trying to grow a beard that isn't patchy and funny looking, you might want to shave it and grow it again a few times. It'll grow back thicker, as women have observed about their own undesired facial hair.

reason i dont have a beard...because its not grown properly? my hair comes around sideburns all the way down thats all no hair under ma lips so until i see some there thats when i should leave it to grow because having long sideburns does make me look like elvis with ma hair

You know what, a lot of my friend's beards grew like that. It takes very long but you have to be patient. Just go with it, trust me....it will begin to look better all in due time. And its not about whether your beard looks good or not, its upholding the sunnah and obeying the Rasool (SAW). So those who have down right love for the Prophet (SAW) and Fear Allah, they dont give rats about appearance, rather growing the beard in any condition.

MAy Allah give us all the love for the Rasool (SAW) and Fear Allah so that we may obey.

:D ,

Ayah about excuses from surah Al-Mursalat:

35. "That will be a Day when they shall not speak"

36. "And they will not be permitted to put forth any excuse "

i don't have a beard, but as a 15 year old who has a tincy bit on his chin is i think dudes don't like beards:

1) becuase it looks itchy

2) liability, have to wash it, clean it, groom it

3) things get stuck in it

4) makes you feel like daddy when really you want to be sonny

5) scary to look at half dozey in the mirror 2 am at night, makes you think "aah is a jinn with no chin!" :D

6) don't have shiny hair, but dry hay hair which ends up making some notably wierd wwiiieerd shapes in the morning. :D

7) 16 year old's i seen with beard. and that scares me. so i'll not scare myself by not growing one so early.

8) on some people, beards look amazing (all shiny and pull back, naturally spiky backwards), but on others it's looks very scary (curly - curls and twirly twirls) which some people are uncomfortable with.

i think it comes down to this, "have i got nice hair or not", yes ; people are more likely to keep beards, and no; people are less likely.

ps. must all men have beards? if so which age is appropriate

ps. what about people who can't grow beards

ps. can people get dandruff on beard?

ps. can people get bald patches in beard, or lice or all other hair releted problems on their chin?

Guest amani

beard is a sunnah and excuses like it itches doesnt quite cut :D

beard is a sunnah and excuses like it itches doesnt quite cut :D

lol cut,

yeh bro those are silly excuses, your not better then the prophet so take his advice and keep a beard.

wa alikum salam,

:D In the actual hadith, the reason why Muhammad (peace be upon him) wanted the muslims to grow beards was to set themselves about from the mushrikeen. Times are different now. No one has come up to me recently and said "aren't you a polytheist?" In fact, they can see I'm muslim because I have a goatee and shaved moustache. My uncle made a joke about me when he saw me, he said "hey Rob, get pulled over at the border recently?" He didn't know I was muslim at the time. But :D as time goes on I will grow the full beard.

:D  In the actual hadith, the reason why Muhammad (peace be upon him) wanted the muslims to grow beards was to set themselves about from the mushrikeen.  Times are different now.  No one has come up to me recently and said "aren't you a polytheist?"  In fact, they can see I'm muslim because I have a goatee and shaved moustache.  My uncle made a joke about me when he saw me, he said "hey Rob, get pulled over at the border recently?"  He didn't know I was muslim at the time.  But :D as time goes on I will grow the full beard.

:D (w00t)

I agree with brother Jibrael....back then what many of the Muslims were told to do was so they could be distinquished from the non-muslims...now people grow beard when they want...whether they are muslim or not. However, having said that brother Should keep a beard....it is sunnah....'it is itchy' is not a good excuse :D stop whinning girls!

Why don't i keep a geard? well you know i've been trying for such a long time....tried everything until the news was broken to me....apparantely women don't grow beards :D :D (except those who have chromosome XXY and the unusual)

salam

how long should the beard be? because i heard it should be 2 hand withs.well i wouldnt like to have my beard to long.

w'salam