Islamic Forum
Mansoor Ansari

Why do u not grow a beard?

Guest amani
salaam

yeesh, i never knew how beard-wise the world was.

sunnah means "example set by the prophet" right. does that mean, we "have" to try to be "exactly" like him in everyway, morals aaannnddd looks?

???????????????????????????

:D

to be honest when i see a man without a beard i think ..ughhh so womanly :D

PropellerAds

Some guys simply cannot grow one. I know a 21 year old who has trouble growing any facial hair :S.

Some guys simply cannot grow one.

very true sister. So ladies, lets not discrimnate our non bearded bros. They may have this problem :D

Although, if they havent............. :D

Then for the sake of Allah s.w.t they should grow it to the best they can!

Btw - Welcome back Summer girl (can't reply in your other topic, ugh). I was in the same boat too.. twice lol, but sorted it out.

Anyhow, back to beards.. they ROCK!

Having a beard does not in itself make someone a good muslim, it is what is in the heart that matters not what is on the face... if you want to grow a beard because of your love for Alah (swt) and to follow the example of the prophet then Alahmadulilah that is great.. if you grow one because you think you should, because others say you should or to attract a wife isn't that just a little bit on the hypocritical side?  A beard is like hijab for the sisters... it must come from the heart otherwise its just show.  I know brothers who haven't grown a beard but they are good practicing muslims and I know brothrs with long lovely beards that would make you cringe with some of the ways they behave sometimes... don't get me wrong I am not judging them, that is for Allah (swt), I am just reflecting on the impression that they give, I can not know what is truely in their hearts.  May Allah guide me and forgive me if I say anything that may mislead.

Salaam,

Najm

asalam alaikum

excellent point, why should someone grow a beard if he truly does not want to? so this leads us to he should be convinced by the sunnah or wise words that he should, now i wanted to ask what if he still cant be convinced?

asalam alaikum

excellent point, why should someone grow a beard if he truly does not want to? so this leads us to he should be convinced by the sunnah or wise words that he should, now i wanted to ask what if he still cant be convinced?

There are NO if & buts when it comes beard. One should atleast have the intention of having for the sake of Allah. Start small if u can but keep one. I don't have a long beard still pretty small. But i have taken the first step. :D I will grow it longer soon but sadly for now i just don't have the courage.

seeing as i am 14 im sprouting hairs on ther chin (moustache way into develpment lol ;P) and i was talking to my cousin and he said if you shave for the first few times the beard comes quicker and he;s going ahead with that, however shaving the beard is haraam and i was wondering if any of you did this and iof u could give me advice :D

seeing as i am 14 im sprouting hairs on ther chin (moustache way into develpment lol ;P) and i was talking to my cousin and he said if you shave for the first few times the beard comes quicker and he;s going ahead with that, however shaving the beard is haraam and i was wondering if any of you did this and iof u could give me advice :D

wa alikum salam,

well i did this becuase my beard was patchy seeing that your only 14 dont rush to gain your beard have patience it;ll come when your maturing. dont shave cos when you shave you gain thick beard hair which is a hassle to maintain, you wanna have nice soft beard the best way for this is dont ever shave.

Subhanallah - the beard is the sunnah of all the Prophets (alayhimussalam)

One must endeavour to follow every sunnat of the Prophet - this sunnat is the most neglected (in my opinion) look around the world at the ummah in the press/newspapers etc - how many people do u see with sunnat beards?!!!

The ummah must worry about such things

Controversial issues like this one, are often discussed repeatedly between moderate and strict Muslims. To save our members' time and minimize the confusion, specially for those new to Islam, we have prepared a centralized topic, where you can read what scholars had to say about it. These issues should only be discussed each in its designated topic (some topics are prohibited to discuss in IF, and so you'll only be able to read what we have for you there).

Please click to see a list of our (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=468"]topics on controversial issues[/url]. That list covers issues that members cannot discuss elsewhere in IF.