Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
abukhaleel

Psychology Of 'common Islamic Sense'

I have learned from my own mistakes and from interaction with muslims from the arab, asian, European and American backgrounds ,that the major ,covertly(secretly) acting termite that damaged muslims’ behaviors is ‘self-pity’ = feeling sorry for oneself.

For me to reach that stage/status in my life where I could feel ‘purely grateful’ to Allah subhanohu v ta’laa, I had to analyze all resentments that I carried from my past …

I had to analyze this because when I claim that “Allah is subhanohu v ta’laa” = ‘Allah is beyond and above any flaws/weaknesses/nothing can interfere with His Control over everything/He never does any thing unjust/cruel’ , then the resentments I carry from my past life are definitely misfounded(based on flawed premises).

When I analyzed all such resentments, each singly,I realized:

1.I was not looking at/considering the entire scene of whatever caused a resentment to get stored in me…

(a)I was not considering the laws that myself was in breach of ,when whatever I resented happened,or/and

(B)I was not considering the advantages that specific ‘resentful’ episode cast on my entire life, or/and

©I was forgetting that the only reason for my being here is to be tested by the Almighty; tested for my fidelity/faithfulness to Allah ,my Owner,no matter what happened/happens, or/and

(d)I was so blinded by the ‘mirage-chase’ of ‘getting my way/will served’ that I ignored the most basic fact of this life, ‘only Allah’s Will gets served = anyone who chases after his/her will/marzi/khavaahish/havaa/jaylaani, only gets pain/failure/disappointment’.

2. When I analyzed in the light of surah-al-faatehaa(the opening chapter of the Quran),

I realized that, it is upto me, each moment to treat the given circumstances in that moment,as a blessing or as a source of discomfort/pain/torture… ‘siraat allazeena ana’mta ilaihim, ghair al-maghzoobi alaihim’ = the attitude/perception pattern of those for whom each sent moment was a blessing and not wrath……

Hunger or starvation or going without food for days is a sunnah of the prophet alaih asslaam….

Being maltreated by own relatives is a sunnah….

Being treated as an inferior is a sunnah…

Lacking the ‘material luster’ that induces respect among the glitter/material-chasing majority , is a sunnah….

Being a rarity/minority by virtue of one’s spiritual aims that contradict the material goals of the vast majority of people, is a sunnah…

Being hurt by others, is sunnah…

Enduring hardships,remaining steadfast, loving Allah even more each moment, is a sunnah…

So I could look at my past (and even my present) in light of the above mentioned sunnahs, and feel grateful for being granted the opportunity, knowledge, circumstances to relive any sunnah, or I could allow my defective perceptions conditioned by my environment of comfort-seekers, glitter-chasers, material-worshipers, slaves to personal wills….

3.As stated in the Quran, I could be “either grateful or deny Allah’s blessings”/immaa shaakiran v imaa kafuraa…..the choice ,each moment is mine, I choose the mood that envelops my mind and body…

When I allow the hard-drive of my brain(polluted with environment/fashion/public opinion/custom/tradition- defined descriptions for pleasant/unpleasant) to analyze a situation and feed me with it’s misreport, I saturate my body and brain with shaitaan’s

Emotions…..i am either euphoric for having served my will, or sad for having not…both ways I damage myself….self-serving achievements bring me a step closer to downfall(pride has fall) and grief over failing to compete with my own species, is analogous to animal behavior..both slaughter the humanity in me and demean the humans around me…..

But when I allow the Quran and sunnah to decipher/read/perceive a situation for me then everything is a blessing.especially the hard times, the unpleasant situations, the testing turns of nature’s course….this is so clearly stated in the last 2 verses of surah al-ahzaab….(not accurately translated) “when the responsibility (of remaining steadfastly faithful to Allah through all tests) was offered to the mountains, the skies and the earth, they avoided taking it and man took it because man was unaware and in darkness, only so Allah could keep returning to those with faith, and torture those who practice hypocrisy and deny Allah and Allah’s”….

4.Thus it is clarified in the quran itself, that those with faith will keep returning to Allah, meaning that they will deviate too, but will choose to return back to Allah and Allah’s path again and again….more simply stated, they will not allow, tradition/customs/fashions/society to define pleasant and unpleasant for them, but use the quran and sunnah to define pleasant and unpleasant for them….if they do get carried away by the society-defined standards, they will quickly remind themselves that they are crossing limits and revert to Allah-defined standards for gratitude/obedience/fidelity…

Indeed anyone who allows the society/customs/fashions to define pleasant and unpleasant for oneself, is tortured endlessly, and this only happens when one denies Allah’s ascribed boundaries/definitions for pleasant/healthful unpleasant/unhealthful…

5.A major fault in my practicing/understanding Islam ,for a long time, was to lose heart when I committed a mistake….the shaitaan would whisper into my ear, “oh you are absolutely zero, you cant ever be straight”…

it was only after knowing the fact that everything is used for testing me ,did I realize that my will to be straight, pious, good is another medium through which I am tested..for if I fail, I should try again, and when the shaitaan whispers to me , “you are zero” I should say, “yes….that is what laa ilaha il-Allah means”….

So making a long essay short, I would say , “no heart that harbours resentments from the past, can be the abode/residence of peace/serenity/satisfaction/contentment, or , when resentments are kicked out of a heart, contentment automatically seeps in with gratitude and peace”……

6.and it is Allah’s right that we analyze each past situation absolutely impartially so that instead of resenting the past we can actually see the blessings those specific situations endowed us with…jaa al-haq v zahiq al-baatil./true right of Allah arrived, and negativity ran away.

Edited by abukhaleel

PropellerAds

EXPLANATION:

salaam;

in my post above, WHEN I TRIED TO 'NUMBER' MY LIST, (a) came out as (a) but the next alphabet/letter 'b' within brackets, came out as an 'emoticon'...and the next alphabet/letter 'c', within brackets ,came as the sign of 'copyrights' 'c' in a circle.....what i wished to explain was that, "the emoticon was not my intention, i would never 'poison' my writing about Allah subhanohu v ta'laa's blessings with emoticons.

i suggest the 'islamic forum' moderators make changes, salaam.

[quote

2. When I analyzed in the light of surah-al-faatehaa(the opening chapter of the Quran),

I realized that, it is upto me, each moment to treat the given circumstances in that moment,as a blessing or as a source of discomfort/pain/torture… 'siraat allazeena ana'mta ilaihim, ghair al-maghzoobi alaihim'

Being maltreated by own relatives is a sunnah….

Being treated as an inferior is a sunnah…

Lacking the 'material luster' that induces respect among the glitter/material-chasing majority , is a sunnah….

Being a rarity/minority by virtue of one's spiritual aims that contradict the material goals of the vast majority of people, is a sunnah…

Being hurt by others, is sunnah…

Enduring hardships,remaining steadfast, loving Allah even more each moment, is a sunnah…

:sl: brother

:sl: for this thought provoking post.

how easily we indulge in self pity or blame others for anything that goes against our wishes