Islamic Forum
MaryamK

How many hijabis...

Asalamualaykum sisters,

Just out of curiousity, I've been wondering how many sisters would feel comfortable w/out wearing a hijab? (Assuming you wear one everyday)

I don't like the idea :D

PropellerAds

asalamualaykum

it was way easier after the first day alhamdulillah.

i was given one 7 days before i converted and decided to wear it to the bus stop the next morning. everything went so smoothly and my neighbors encouraged me in my new faith, they're all christians in some way. i think it helped me a lot to have such good support from the people i hang out with :D but i also did lose a lot of so-called friends subhanallah :D

inshallah it will not be a problem for you.

also just want to point out that the girls i teach in the weekend school all have the same problem, they love wearing it and would rather not take it off but most do because they go to public school and well there are alot of misinformed and angry kids in public schools... :P

Guest amani

:D

if i didnt wear one?

i would feel like an alien with to antennas sticking out of my head:wacko:

to tell you teh truth i would feel naked! like i was stripped of my identity! some people may feel this si extreme but my hijaab and jilbaab are as essential as my arms or legs! :D

to tell you teh truth i would feel naked! like i was stripped of my identity! some people may feel this si extreme but my hijaab and jilbaab are as essential as my arms or legs! :D

Exactly the same here. I would feel exposed to the world and empty without an identity.

salaam,

i am wearing the hijab for only a month now, but i would not be comfertable to take it off it is a part off me now and very very happy alhamdullah that i started wearing it alhamdullah that Allah has made my imaan strong, and that i didnt care about what anybody said.

yes it is part of our identity and ppl respect you for it (well not all the non muslims :D ).

so yes i am an hijabi :D !!!!!!!! (w00t)

Assalamu alaikum

Feel naked without hijab :D

OMG (gasps) i cant even bare to think...

the horror oh the horror... (faints)

no i cant NEVER EVER NEVER... do that i;m too afraid to show my eyes in public :D let alone my hair .. i would feel like a diffrernt person, i wouldnt be me at all... it would be like like u know SOMEONE ELSE!!! :D

man my heart aches just thinking of it, its all i have plz dont take it from me.... :D

:P

Edited by 3washey

Aisha! (w00t) LOL!!!! and LOL! (w00t)

You're killing me..... :D

Forget werid i would feel naked without my Hijab :D the thought of having to go out without a hijab is distressing... i would feel like there is somthing missing if i had now hijab on...

Salaamz,

I am glad how some sisters are getting attached to the hijab. It saddens me though sometimes when I see a sister with a hijab do some horrible things like openly date, hug males, and that sort of thing. Sorta lowers your imam, you know what I mean?

assalamu alikum

^totally agree with you brother!

like most sisters who wear hijaab, i would feel totally insecure if i took it off!

HIJAABI FOR LIFE!!!!!!! :D

wa'aykum salam

there was this one girl who had on a hijab... but half of her hair was showing, and she had on a short sleeved shirt t-shirt that said "naughty" across the front. i mean, i don't wear a hijab, but i was thinking :D because to wear a hijab, you're claiming you have a certain level of decency and self-control. i was just sO shocked. :P but then again, girls in bahrain all flock to seef mall dressed like that, so it's not exactly an uncommon occurance. but these girls are somewhat of a black spot on hijabis all over. it saddens me quite a bit.

Asalaamo aleykum,

I wear hijab and jilbab and I would feel naked without them. Just in case I always have a huge black chaddor when I have to open the door or do something fast outside. :D

like all the other sisters mentioned..it must feel like a whole different woman :D

waleykum assalaam,

i would feel so naked without hijab on!! Like a part of me was missing, im NEVER EVER EVER EVER gonna take my hijab off!

:P >>>>Hijabi For Life!!!!!!!!<<<< :D

I reverted (converted) into Islam a year ago and I look back at the women I went to school with who wore an hijab and they used to hang out with us and dress in tight jeans etc that I look back and I am ashamed. Then they talk about girls who don't wear hijabs and call them bad, but what is the difference. I am urging my future wife to wear an hijab but she does not want to, it pains me, so you women are great.

same here id feel totally naked! not only that but think about it i wear a jubba and a niqah bit stupid if i didnt have a scarf on innit? :P anyway my ears would feel cold!!!!

i feel shocked when i see people who used to wear a scarf and then you see them again and they dont wear it at all!

its quite weird you know! right here (where i live) all the girls are going through a faze in which they wear there scarves! and i cant bare looking at people who wear there scaves back either ! i mean if your gonna wear a scarf wear it properly and cover your satar right?

ummm...im not trying to be harsh or anything and i dont mean any offence to those who do wear it back i do know that you get people who wear there scarves back but they also cover their satar! im just generally speaking about people from my city!

Assalaamu alaikum,

I am also attached to my hijab. I would feel naked without it too. It is a part of me.

someone sent me this by mail it really saddened me to read it! its a conversation between two muslim women! :crying:

Why she WONT wear hijab!

a discussion by A.Q. Alidost

“I’m so tired�

“Tired of what?�

“Of all these people judging me.�

“Who judged you?�

“Like that woman, every time I sit with her, she tells me to wear hijab.�

“Oh, hijab and music! The mother of all topics!�

“Yeah! I listen to music without hijab…haha!�

“Maybe she was just giving you advice.�

“I don’t need her advice. I know my religion. Can‘t she mind her own business?�

“Maybe you misunderstood. She was just being nice.�

“Keeping out of my business, that would be nice...�

“But it’s her duty to encourage you do to good.�

“Trust me. That was no encouragement. And what do you mean ‘good‘ ?�

“Well, wearing hijab, that would be a good thing to do.�

“Says who?�

“It’s in the Qur’an, isn’t it?�

“Yes. She did quote me something.�

“She said Surah Nur, and other places of the Qur’an.�

“Yes, but it’s not a big sin anyway. Helping people and praying is more important.�

“True. But big things start with small things.�

“That’s a good point, but what you wear is not important. What’s important is to have a good healthy heart.�

“What you wear is not important?�

“That’s what I said.�

“Then why do you spend an hour every morning fixing up?�

“What do you mean?�

“You spend money on cosmetics, not to mention all the time you spend on fixing your hair and low-carb dieting.�

“So?�

“So, your appearance IS important.�

“No. I said wearing hijab is not an important thing in religion.�

“If it’s not an important thing in religion, why is it mentioned in the Holy Qur’an?�

“You know I can’t follow all that’s in Qur’an.�

“You mean God tells you something to do, you disobey and then it’s OK?�

“Yes. God is forgiving.�

“God is forgiving to those who repent and do not repeat their mistakes.�

“Says who?�

“Says the same book that tells you to cover.�

“But I don’t like hijab, it limits my freedom.�

“But the lotions, lipsticks, mascara and other cosmetics set you free?! What‘s your definition of freedom anyway?�

“Freedom is in doing whatever you like to do.�

“No. Freedom is in doing the right thing, not in doing whatever we wish to do.�

“Look! I’ve seen so many people who don’t wear hijab and are nice people, and so many who wear hijab and are bad people.�

“So what? There are people who are nice to you but are alcoholic. Should we all be alcoholics? You made a stupid point.�

“I don’t want to be an extremist or a fanatic. I’m OK the way I am without hijab.�

“Then you are a secular fanatic. An extremist in disobeying God.�

“You don’t get it, if I wear hijab, who would marry me?!�

“So all these people with hijab never get married?!�

“Okay! What if I get married and my husband doesn’t like it? And wants me to remove it?�

“What if your husband wants you to go out with him on a bank robbery?!�

“That’s irrelevant, bank robbery is a crime.�

“Disobeying your Creator is not a crime?�

“But then who would hire me?�

“A company that respects people for who they are.�

“Not after 9-11�

“Yes. After 9-11. Don’t you know about Hanan who just got into med school? And the other one, what was her name, the girl who always wore a white hijab…ummm…“

“Yasmeen?�

“Yes. Yasmeen. She just finished her MBA and is now interning for GE.�

“Why do you reduce religion to a piece of cloth anyway?�

“Why do you reduce womanhood to high heals and lipstick colors?�

“You didn’t answer my question.�

“In fact, I did. Hijab is not just a piece of cloth. It is obeying God in a difficult environment. It is courage, faith in action, and true womanhood. But your short sleeves, tight pants…�

“That’s called ‘fashion‘, you live in a cave or something? First of all, hijab was founded by men who wanted to control women.�

“Really? I did not know men could control women by hijab.�

“Yes. That’s what it is.�

“What about the women who fight their husbands to wear hijab? And women in France who are forced to remove their hijab by men? What do you say about that?�

“Well, that’s different.�

“What difference? The woman who asked you to wear hijab…she was a woman, right?�

“Right, but…�

“But fashions that are designed and promoted by male-dominated corporations, set you free? Men have no control on exposing women and using them as a commodity?! Give me a break!�

“Wait, let me finish, I was saying…�

“Saying what? You think that men control women by hijab?�

“Yes.�

“Specifically how?�

“By telling women how and what to wear, dummy!�

“Doesn’t TV, magazines and movies tell you what to wear, and how to be ‘attractive’?�

“Of course, it’s fashion.�

“Isn’t that control? Pressuring you to wear what they want you to wear?�

Silence

“Not just controlling you, but also controlling the market.�

“What do you mean?�

“I mean, you are told to look skinny and anorexic like that woman on the cover of the magazine, by men who design those magazines and sell those products.�

“I don’t get it. What does hijab have to do with products.�

“It has everything to do with that. Don’t you see? Hijab is a threat to consumerism, women who spend billions of dollars to look skinny and live by standards of fashion designed by men…and then here is Islam, saying trash all that nonsense and focus on your soul, not on your looks, and do not worry what men think of your looks.�

“Like I don’t have to buy hijab? Isn’t hijab a product?�

“Yes, it is. It is a product that sets you free from male-dominated consumerism.�

“Stop lecturing me! I WILL NOT WEAR HIJAB! It is awkward, outdated, and totally not suitable for this society ... Moreover, I am only 20 and too young to wear hijab!�

“Fine. Say that to your Lord, when you face Him on Judgment Day.�

“Fine.�

“Fine.�

Silence

“Shut up and I don’t want to hear more about hijab niqab schmijab Punjab !�

Silence.

She stared at the mirror, tired of arguing with herself all this time. Successful enough, she managed to shut the voices in her head, with her own opinions triumphant in victory on the matter, and a final modern decision accepted by the society, rejected by the Faith: Yes to curls on the hair, no to hijab.

“And he(/she) is indeed a failure who corrupts it [the soul]!� Holy Qur’an, 91/10

SubhanAllah!

Edited by Muslimah4eva

okay heres another mail i got its also to do with the hijaab!

[DO NOT CHANGE COLORred]My dear sisters in Islam, please take a look at this advice, so that you can stay attractive and beautiful for the rest of your life.[/color]

1- To beautify your eyes, lower your gaze towards strange men, this

will make your eyes pure and shiny.

2- To have attractive lips, always remember to speak the truth.

3- As for blush and rouge, "Modesty" (Haya') is one of the best brands

and it can be found in any of the Islamic centers.

4- To remove impurites from your face and body, use a soap called

"Istighfaar". Insha'Allah this soap will remove any bad deeds.(Ameen)

5- Now about your hair, if any of you has a problem of hair split ends,

then I suggest "Islamic Hijaab" which will protect your hair from damage.

6- As for jewellery, beautify your hands with humbleness and let your

hands be a power to forgive people who hurt your feelings. And the necklace should be a sign to pardon you fellow brothers and sisters.

Insha'Allah, if you follow this advice given to you by the Creator

a beautiful and attractive inner and outer appearance.

Woman was made from the rib of man. She was not created from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be stepped upon. She was made from his side to be close to him, from beneath his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him

Edited by Muslimah4eva

hmm.. I'd feel weird :D

Edited by Undacova_Sista

Asalaamualaikum

hijaab is beautiful and takes alot of courage. Im pleasantly surprised how many sisters had the same response *feel exposed without it* lol.

This topic shouldnt be in the Islamic discussions by the way

Ma'salaama

Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

In my early phases of wearing the hijab, I would accidentally go outside without it and then I'd feel the wind around my neck and I'd run back home. I would also appear in front of my male cousins without observing the hijab, but now I don't even go downstairs to greet the guest without having my brother hand me the hijab.

If a non-mahram ever saw me without a hijab, I'd feel like dying or the want the earth to swallow me whole. Like the other sisters, I'd basically feel naked.

Assalam Alaikum Wr Wb