Islamic Forum
wiseguy

Allah (God) Forbids Pork.

Pork: The Other White Meat?

by Alyssa

In folkloric terms, eating the meat of the pig is said to contribute to lack of morality and shame, plus greed for wealth, laziness, indulgence, dirtiness and gluttony. We insult a person by calling him or her a “Pig” when they demonstrate these characteristics. Muslims are forbidden by God to eat the meat of the pig (pork). This is detailed in verses 2:173, 5:3, 6:145, and 16:115 of the Qur’an. An exemplary verse is quoted here:

“He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

Is Pork Forbidden to Muslims Only?

The Jews and Christians are also forbidden from eating pork. Here is a quote from the Old Testament to that effect: “And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.” Deuteronomy, 14:8. Many Christians believe that this verse was directed only at the Jews. But Jesus himself says during the Sermon on the Mount; “Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.” Some Christians say that, after a vision by St. Peter, God cleansed all animals and made them fit and lawful for human consumption. If ALL animals are cleansed by Peter’s vision, this includes dogs, cats, vultures, and rats: but you just don’t see people getting excited about a cat-meat sandwich like they do over barbecued pork or bacon. Others say that it was Paul who rescinded the law forbidding pork to humans, in order to appease the Romans, who enjoyed the taste of pig-meat. Many excuses have been given, but none are very sound.

Many Far Eastern traditions also discourage the eating of pork. The 3,000 year old Confucian Book of Rites says, “A gentleman does not eat the flesh of pigs and dogs.” Although many Chinese are avid eaters of pork today, physicians of ancient China recognized pork-eating as the root of many human ailments. Buddhists, Jains and Hindus usually avoid eating any kind of meat.

Bad effects of pork consumption

Pig’s bodies contain many toxins, worms and latent diseases. Although some of these infestations are harbored in other animals, modern veterinarians say that pigs are far more predisposed to these illnesses than other animals. This could be because pigs like to scavenge and will eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs.

Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs’ lungs, so those who eat pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza.

Pig meat also contains excessive quantities of histamine and imidazole compounds, which can lead to itching and inflammation; growth hormone, which promotes inflammation and growth; sulphur-containing mesenchymal mucus, which leads to swelling and deposits of mucus in tendons and cartilage, resulting in arthritis, rheumatism, etc. Sulphur helps cause firm human tendons and ligaments to be replaced by the pig’s soft mesenchymal tissues, and degeneration of human cartilage. Eating pork can also lead to gallstones and obesity, probably due to its high cholesterol and saturated fat content. The pig is the main carrier of the taenia solium worm, which is found it its flesh. These tapeworms are found in human intestines with greater frequency in nations where pigs are eaten. This type of tapeworm can pass through the intestines and affect many other organs, and is incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage.

One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms which are found in pork. Many people have no symptoms to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are not noticed during meat inspections, nor are they killed by salting or smoking. Few people cook the meat long enough to kill the trichinae. The rat (another scavenger) also harbors this disease.

There are dozens of other worms, germs, diseases and bacteria which are commonly found in pigs, many of which are specific to the pig, or found in greater frequency in pigs.

Pigs are biologically similar to humans, and their meat is said to taste similar to human flesh. Pigs have been used for dissection in biology labs due to the similarity between their organs and human organs. People with insulin-dependent diabetes usually inject themselves with pig insulin.

Kindness to animals

Every creature was created by Allah for a purpose. The Prophet always encouraged being kind to animals. Although we should not eat the meat of the pig, it doesn’t mean that we should hate pigs. We should show them the same kindness as any other animal, and not abuse or torture them. Pigs score high on tests devised to determine animal intelligence; in other words, they are very smart. It used to be that European people believed pork would taste better if the pigs were kept in a state of filth, but this is not the natural inclination of the pig. When left to their own devices, it is said that pigs do not like to soil their sleeping quarters. As for their tendency to wallow in mud, that is done mainly to keep cool.

Note: Any numbered references (i.e., "2:155") refer to chapter and verse in the Qur'an.

References:

"Animals in Islam," by Al-Hafiz B.A. Masri, "Diet for a New America," by John Robbins, "Islamic Dietary Laws and Practices," by M.M. Hussaini, M.S. and A.H. Sakr, Ph.D. "Homotoxicology," by Dr. Hans-Heinrich Reckweg, "Muslims in Alien Society," by Muhammad Samiallah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This information may be reprinted for educational purposes, as long as credit is given to the author, if the article is republished in its entirety. The author retains the legal rights to the work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This article was published in the September 1995 issue of the Islamic Journal.

Did you also know that pigs don't sweat and therefore keep all the intoxicans inside the body, that's why many pigs hardly live in hot conditions.

Jazak Allah khair... I used to think pork was forbidden just because they ate trash... I guess I learned something today :sl: .

basedas2, you haven't really learned anything. It's a silly conconction of half truths and downright untruths - such as "If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, and wait a little while, you will see worms crawl out of it." If you think that's true, try it.

But it's silly even using this sort of thing as an argument for dietery laws. If this WAS an argument for dietery laws, Muslims and Jews in developed countries could happily eat fried bacon, as it is highly unlikely that a pig bred for human consumption in a developed country, then sliced thin and fried literally to a crisp could harbour diseses or parasites.

If this WAS an argument for dietery laws, Muslims and Jews in developed countries could happily eat fried bacon, as it is highly unlikely that a pig bred for human consumption in a developed country, then sliced thin and fried literally to a crisp could harbour diseses or parasites.

It is presumptous of you to say that frying pork "literally to a crisp" will prevent diseases. And how many people in so-called developed countries do you think fry their pork until it is crispy? How many people are able to gauge the right amount of cooking that is required to rid the meat of all the toxics, worms, bacteria, and parasites? Regardless of whether or not this is an "argument for dietery laws", pork is unhealthy and replaceable. Extensive cooking reduces the risks of contracting diseases, but does not eliminate them.

Salam.

Yes, food can make you sick. No, factory-farmed pork in countries with strict food standards is no more dangerous than anything else. You're much more likely to get sick from eggs in the UK (salmonella is endemic) than pork, for example. ######'s post is basically untrue and makes Muslims look silly for being so credulous.

I more or less agree with Noel Coward:

Any part of the piggy

Is quite alright with me.

Ham from Westphalia, ham from Parma

Ham as lean as the Dalai Lama

Ham from Virginia, ham from York,

Trotters, sausages, hot roast pork.

Crackling crisp for my teeth to grind on

Bacon with or without the rind on

Though humanitarian

I'm not a vegetarian.

I'm neither a crank nor prude nor prig

And though it may sound infra dig

Any part of the darling pig

Is perfectly fine by me.

basedas2, you haven't really learned anything. It's a silly conconction of half truths and downright untruths - such as "If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, and wait a little while, you will see worms crawl out of it." If you think that's true, try it.

Actually dancing stop lassuming things you have no clue about, my chemistry teacher who use to eat pork tried this with other teachers as part of the local university's reseach, and he felt sick, of course in every experiement all details must be done in the correct way, so who are to assume that mate!!!!!!!

The Pork Forbiddance

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yet55a(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=6"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yet55a(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=6[/url]

The prohibition of the pork was mentioned in the Holy Qur'an's verses in four points. Allah (Glory is to him) says :

(He hath only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits - then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful) (The Cow's Chapter ...verse no: 173)

(Forbidden to you (your food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on wish hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; than which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject Faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful).(The table's Chapter...verse no: 3)

(Say: I find not in the message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be dead meat, or blood poured forth, or the flesh of swine, for it is an abomination or, what is impious, (meat) on which a name has been invoked, other than Allah's. But (even so), if a person is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, thy Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful).(The Cattle's Chapter...verse no: 145).)

(He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful). (The Bee's Chapter...verse no: 115)

The healthy harms which are related to eating the pork

The dissimilitude between the pork & the other Cattle's meat:

The pork includes a big quantity of sebum and marked by inosculating the sebum inside the muscular cells in the meat fro by its coexisting outside the cell in the connective tissues in high turbidity

While the sebum of cattle's meat are isolated from the muscular tissue and it isn't posturize inside its cells but it is posturize outside the cells and in the connective tissues

The scientific studies proved that the herbivore's fats are emulsified and absorbed in the human's intestines when he eats it, then it is converted in his body inspite of that the emulsification is difficult in his intestines and the flyzren triple molecules pork's fats are absorbed without any conversion or deposition in human's tissues as zoologically or porky fats

And the cholesterol, which results from pork's analysis in the body appear in the blood in the form of semi-cholesterol pleomorphic which led to arise in the blood pressure a lot and arteriosclerosis and they are from the dangerous factors that introduced filling of the heart muscle, and professor Roff found that cholesterol that are found in the cancer rover cell are like the cholesterol which are found when eating the pork

The pork is rich with the compounds that contains a high rate of sulfur and all affect the tissues absorption ability to the water as sponge that take the shape of vast bag and this led to the deposition of the mucous substance in sinews, ligaments, cartilages between vertebrae and to degeneration in the bones

And the tissues that contains sulfur are damaged by rotten producing a spread bad odor and caused hydrogen sulphate gas and it was noticed that the containers that contains the pork although it is perfectly closed it's odor spreads from the room after few days as a result of it's bad rotten odor and it's unsustainable odor

Contrastly, other types of meat was passed by the same experiment and it was found that the rotten of beef is more slower than the pork and this rotten odor doesn't spread from it. The pork contains a high ratio of growth hormone which has a great effect on the infection (material's ends), also it has an effect on the stomach growth (The potbelly) and increase the growth rate especially the designed for growth and cancer development

According to professor Roff studies these fatty meals that contain pork consider essential in cell's cancer turning as it contains the growth hormone and it has a great effect in rising blood cholesterol

Diseases transported by pork:

Islamic forbids pork and Muslims apply it obeying to the order of Allah without argument in the causes of this forbidden but modern scientists reached to this astonished results in this field.

It's amazing that pig is rich pasture for more than 450 epidemic diseases and it is playing the role of intermediary to transform 57 diseases to man, in addition to these diseases that are caused from eating pork as dyspepsia, the atherosclerosis and many others.

The pig itself is responsible alone to transform 27 epidemic diseases to human and some other animals participate it in other diseases but it stills the store and the main source of these diseases as: The liar hydrophobia, Wile disease, Japanese fever, Malta fever, Scrofula, Meningitis, krip epidemics, The pig's flu & others.

Reference : Medical Islamic wonders (Rawee Al- Teb Al- Islamy)

Dr. Mohamed Nezar Al-Dakr.

Salamz

If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, and wait a little while, you will see worms crawl out of it.

If u grab a microscope and look hard u'll see things crawling on other food as well. Now I am not here to promote the other white meat, but I resent the fcat how people always try to use medical science to prove how eating pork is unhealthy. To me it's simple, if pork is that much unsanitary and bad then how come so many people consume it and live a normal healthy life? If it promotes lazyness and gluttony bla bla, then why do people who don't consume it also display similar traits?

Pork Flesh is forbidden based on a direct mention in quran Now to me that's the most sense it'll ever make.

(notice no mention of bones :sl: ) ,

Because medical rationale always fail.

Peace

Salamz

If u grab a microscope and look hard u'll see things crawling on other food as well. Now I am not here to promote the other white meat, but I resent the fcat how people always try to use medical science to prove how eating pork is unhealthy. To me it's simple, if pork is that much unsanitary and bad then how come so many people consume it and live a normal healthy life?

Do you have any evidence and statistics that show so many people consume pork and live a normal healthy life? I am waiting for your evidence and statistics.

If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, and wait a little while, you will see worms crawl out of it. Who is silly? If you really want to see the worms of the pork, please visit this website (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmetacafe(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch/447498/youll_never_eat_pork_again/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmetacafe(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch/447498/youll...eat_pork_again/[/url]

Haha I can't believe so many people fall for this . It's an urban legend . The video you linked is a well known fake , the guy who made it admitted it on youtube . While undercooked pork can cause trichinosis this is extremely rare in developed countries . You're more likely to get it in poorer countries or from eating wild game that hasn't been cooked properly .

University tests (Biggins & Scott, 2003) prove that ###### is a major vector for silly falsehoods which give Muslims a bad name.

Peace everyone, Pork can be as clean as can be, and the meat could be as healthy as can be, it could have cure for a million diseases, and it could be the best thing in the World, OR it could be the most unclean thing, the most unhealthy thing to eat, causing Millions of diseases, and the worst thing in the World, I would not eat it for the one and only simple and straigth reason, Allah has forbiddened consuming pork in the QUR'AAN.

Pork Flesh is forbidden based on a direct mention in quran Now to me that's the most sense it'll ever make.

For a Muslim it should be THE REASON, why they do not consume it. Allah has said not to eat it, and we should'nt eat it, Period, no need to find out how many worms it carries or how it will disintegrate our internal organs, etc. etc..........

For Non Muslims, please don't try to tell the Muslims how clean the meat could be or how healthy it could be because WHAT Allah HAS COMMANDED SURPASSES EVERYTHING. Allah is The Most Wise, and He has prohibited consumption of pork in the Qur'aan, and so it will remain Haraam.

If someone wants to go eat pork, then that's their call, if someone does not, then please respect them.

Peace, umAhmad.

Haha I can't believe so many people fall for this . It's an urban legend . The video you linked is a well known fake , the guy who made it admitted it on youtube . While undercooked pork can cause trichinosis this is extremely rare in developed countries . You're more likely to get it in poorer countries or from eating wild game that hasn't been cooked properly .

Thank you for informing me about this tape and I have deleted my post. We know that pork contains worms that are harmful to human beings. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention makes the following recommendation: "Curing (salting), drying, smoking, or microwaving meat does not consistently kill infective worms." Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Parasitic Diseases (2004-07-15). Parasitic Disease Information - Trichinellosis

I hope I could carry out the experiment someday to see the effect of coke/soda on pork.

Pork produced by developed countries is harmful for human consumption. For example:

Classical swine fever (CSF) was detected in the Netherlands on February 4, 1997. The disease also impacted Belgium, Germany, Spain, and Italy. The infectious agent responsible is a virus CSFV (previously called hog cholera virus) of the genus Pestivirus in the family Flaviviridae (or Togaviridae

Japan bans pork from UK after foot-and-mouth outbreak (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetabcmoney.co.uk/news/052007114044.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetabcmoney.co.uk/news/052007114044.htm[/url]

Peace everyone, Pork can be as clean as can be, and the meat could be as healthy as can be, it could have cure for a million diseases, and it could be the best thing in the World, OR it could be the most unclean thing, the most unhealthy thing to eat, causing Millions of diseases, and the worst thing in the World, I would not eat it for the one and only simple and straigth reason, Allah has forbiddened consuming pork in the QUR'AAN.

For a Muslim it should be THE REASON, why they do not consume it. Allah has said not to eat it, and we should'nt eat it, Period, no need to find out how many worms it carries or how it will disintegrate our internal organs, etc. etc..........

:sl:

I dont see why theres such a fuss, we don't eat frogs either but thats not a big deal.

We only know what Allah has revealed to us, everything else is just speculation. So we shouldnt speculate by saying "Muslim's dont eat pork because it is unhealthy" That is not a valid argument as it comes from science not from the Quran or the Hadith.

Also telling others what Allah wills when there is no clear evidence it could be considered minor shirk.

Pork - Is It Safe To Eat?

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetblacknews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/pr/is_pork_safe_to_eat101.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetblacknews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/pr/is_pork_safe_to_eat101.html[/url]

By Makeisha Lee, Health and Nutritional Advisor

Columbus, OH (BlackNews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)) - From Muslims to Jews to Confucionists and other cultures, the eating of swine has long been forbidden. This has always been a debatable topic of discussion as to why it should not be consumed.

These groups have an understanding that pigs are scavenger animals that eat their own feces, dead insects, rats, other pigs and essentially anything they see.

So, while it is a customary practice for such ones to abstain from eating pork, is there any reason to suggest that we should take a hint from them in doing the same?

Scientists and researchers around the globe have found clear links of pork consumption to flu epidemics, infection, viruses and antibiotic resistant bacteria. In 1999, a Danish study published in the New England Journal of Medicine conducted a study of 25 people who ate from swine (pig) herds and were infected with a rare strain of drug resistant salmonella. A more recent study of pig farm workers in Wisconsin found that 17 of 74 individuals had antibodies to swine in their blood vs. 1 out of 114 samples taken from the general population.

What this means is that it is very easy for mutant viruses from pigs to be transmitted to humans and become resistant to antibiotics. Professors at the London Institute for Virus Research states that flu viruses studied remained alive and active in sausages, hot dogs, ham, bacon, pork chops. Viruses basically live in the lungs and tissues of pigs. These viruses include taenia solium tapeworm – (the pig is its primary source), equine morbillivirus, nipah virus and other retroviruses.

Scientists haved proved that pigs pick up viruses like the bird flu and pass it on to humans killing 20,000 in the US annually. It is well-documented within the science community that when pork is not prepared properly, sickness can almost immediately develop.

Here are some conditions that can develop from eating pork:

* Acute inflammation

* Spasms

* Intestinal problems

* Typhoid

* Colitis and more.

Lastly, one other point to weigh in on the effects of eating pork is this: eating of pork creates an increased demand for it and along with this comes the implications of air and water pollution within the minority population.

The study by Dr. Steven Wing, professor of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina shows that industrial hog farms adversely affect the health of human neighbors. Those affected of course are predominately low income people of color, since there is a heavy concentration of these hog farms located in their areas. Residents report symptoms of headaches, runny nose, sore throat, excess coughing, diarrhea and burning eyes.

The bottom line is this that we have come to realize through scientific research that the eating of pork definitely poses some health risks, outright or indirectly, immediately or down the road.

Many that have already chosen to eliminate pork form their diet have been able to increase their disease fighting capabilities; as pork suppresses the immune system. Most cite that they feel well overall.

Whether you choose to live high on the hog - while eating off the hog is once again for emphasis, your personal choice, but those that want the best advantage of staying healthy will be better off without it!

Makeisha Lee is a health and nutrition consultant. For more information please contact her at 614-595-1425 or makeisha[at]cleanseformula(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Scientists haved proved that pigs pick up viruses like the bird flu and pass it on to humans killing 20,000 in the US annually.

It would be nice to see the research cited here. ######, you don't seem to understand that not everythng on th einternet is true, In this case you have quoted from a company WHICH MAKES MONEY OUT OF SCARING PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR DIETS. It wasn't hard to spot.

Also, as I originally pointed out and Muslims has since confirmed, the reason Muslims/Jews don't eat pork is because Allah/Yaweh says so. Period. If anything, pointing out that pork was unhealthy in the pre-industrial world is an argument AGAINST the veracity of those religions - the gods were used as puiblic health messages.

Interestingly, in northern Australia, the Aboriginal people who live near uranium deposits have legends about those regions being harmful and the home of evil spirits (to paraphrase a complex religion). Another case of the world being explained in terms of religion for a health-message reaspon. (And imagine how many hundreds or thousands of years it took to realise that the rate of birth defectrs was marginaly higher in some areas than others!)

It would be nice to see the research cited here.

Please contact Makeisha Lee at 614-595-1425 or makeisha[at]cleanseformula(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

######, you don't seem to understand that not everythng on th einternet is true,

I know that there are many Zionist websites etc that invent fairy tales and lies to insult and slander Muslims and Islam.

In this case you have quoted from a company WHICH MAKES MONEY OUT OF SCARING PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR DIETS. It wasn't hard to spot.

Makeisha Lee is a health and nutrition consultant so she knows what she is talking about. Her article above does not show us any attempts to sell us any products. The fact is pig and pork contain viruses, worms, germs etc.

Also, as I originally pointed out and Muslims has since confirmed, the reason Muslims/Jews don't eat pork is because Allah/Yaweh says so. Period. If anything, pointing out that pork was unhealthy in the pre-industrial world is an argument AGAINST the veracity of those religions - the gods were used as puiblic health messages.

As a Muslim I obey Allah who is the All-Wise and All-Knowing. I do not consume pork and other products of pig because Allah forbid pork and other products of pig:

" He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." The Holy Quran 16:115

And I am free to discuss how pork and pig harm human beings etc. Would you deny that pork contains viruses, worms, germs etc?

Interestingly, in northern Australia, the Aboriginal people who live near uranium deposits have legends about those regions being harmful and the home of evil spirits (to paraphrase a complex religion). Another case of the world being explained in terms of religion for a health-message reaspon. (And imagine how many hundreds or thousands of years it took to realise that the rate of birth defectrs was marginaly higher in some areas than others!)

An irrelevant comment.

Do you dancing consume pork and other products of pig? Do you enjoy eating pork etc?

They say that pork is the closest thing to human flesh

once I burned my self extremely bad and it smelled like bacon. I didn't eat pork for a while after that.

Yep, I love bacon, I like ham, I like roast pork (with crackling!) now and then.

Makeisha Lee is a health and nutrition consultant so she knows what she is talking about. Her article above does not show us any attempts to sell us any products. The fact is pig and pork contain viruses, worms, germs etc.

This is the root of your problem. Someone on the internet claims to be "a health and nutrition consultant" and you think that gives them credence. What IS a health & nutrition consultant? Obviously not someone with any academic qualifications at all (otherwise they would have stated them) and obviously someone who works for the company running the website - WHICH EXISTS TO SELL PRODUCTS.

Secondly, if this non-expert quotes facts and figures you'd be crazy to take them at face value, and it's insulting to expect us to. Maybe her quotes are valid, maybe they aren't - it's up to YOU to cite checkable references for them. It wouldn't be difficult to do so, with half an hour on google.

It HARMS your argument to use websites like this in support of it.

15 Things You Should Know About Pigs:

1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine's one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.

14) According to Jewish law, pork is one of a number of foods forbidden from consumption by Jews. These foods are known as "non-kosher" foods. In order for a meat to be kosher, it must first come from a kosher animal. A kosher animal must be a ruminant and have split hooves - therefore cows, sheep, goats and deer are all kosher, whereas camels and pigs (having each only one sign of kashrut) are not kosher.

15) Quran, Holy book of Muslims also prohibits consumption of pork.

"He has made unlawful for you that which dies of itself and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which the name of any other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, then surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful." Quran 2:173

I cannot understand why anyone would eat it. You might as well vacuum all day and then take the vacuum bag and make a nice soup out of it.

" Of course our Creator has given us the health laws through the Holy Quran and not eating pigs is even CLEARLY mentioned in the Bible (Leviticus 11:07)

But some humans think they are more intelligent than the Creator so they choose.

Hi Absolute Truth

1) Pigs will indeed eat anything pretty much unlike cows but that has nothing really to do with the pork products we consume today; pigs raised for food eat what they are fed.  Urine is a sterile product so isn’t a problem, pig excrement is just what pigs have been fed mixed with some bacteria that naturally live in pigs anyway.  Decaying animal flesh isn’t fed to pigs, maggots are used in medical procedures because they aren’t a threat of any kind to humans and old vegetables are in fact a healthy diet for many animals including cows and sheep and such things are often fed to them as supplements.

You seem to be trying really hard to spin a terrible story but maybe you should think hard about what you are saying here as there’s little truth to any of it and most of what remains of the truth is twisted well beyond reason.

2) You’ll note that this point says “Their meat can be 30 times more toxic…” it fails to mention that a cow on a really contaminated diet can also be 30 times more toxic than a pig that’s raised correctly.  All fat is good at absorbing and holding contaminants including human fat.  That’s one of fat’s roles in our bodies.  Pig’s aren’t unusual in this

3) Actually pork slows down our digestive process and overconsumption can lead to problems with slow digestion in humans so this point is just plain wrong when you check the actual science behind it.

4) Not sweating is common among furred or haired animals, Sheep don’t sweat either, neither do dogs, both control their body temperatures, like pigs, by panting.  

5) Actually pigs and dogs are at a similar level of sensitivity to Strychnine while horses can stand much higher doses per kilo of body mass.  The sensitivity to this poison is related to the speed of metabolism in the animals liver.  Sensitivity is also sex related with female rats more sensitive than males.  Cow’s have a similar tolerance to horses so much higher than pigs.  I couldn’t quickly find data on sheep’s sensitivity.

6) Pigs are as sensitive to rattle snake venom as humans, a given amount of venom will kill a 100 kilo human or a 100 kilo pig.  It’ll take more venom for a larger animal and pigs are often bigger than humans but apart from that their sensitivity is unremarkable and they are in fact used as surrogates for humans in scientific trials in this field.

7) I’m not sure what your point was in 7.  Does it matter that worms like pork just as humans do?

Pigs can indeed carry tape worms, flukes etc just as humans do, cows have some in common like tape worms and a whole list of similar parasites but, given they are less similar to humans in their digestive tracts, these parasites are less able to infect humans.  Cows of course have their own problems, mad cow disease for example.

Of course pork, like other animals, can be sterilized for human consumption by heating it to a specific temperature, in this case 71 degrees.

9) Pork tenderloin actually contains around 3 grams of fat and only 1 gram of saturated fat comparable to chicken and much lower than steak.  It really is the other white meat.  It also contains good quantities of many vitamines, B6, B12, Iron, Thiamin, Niacin etc along with 18 grams of Protein.  Of course you could choose cuts that are mostly fat but then you could do the same with a cow if you wanted to kill yourself.

10) Actually heavy metals and many other toxins are not broken down in the stomach, they can’t be, animal bodies are incapable of doing so but more of them is absorbed based on the time it takes to digest the food so cows, with their long digestion periods will actually absorb more of the toxins that are in their diet. Of course in both cases, cows and pigs, feeding them a diet that does not contain such toxins, as modern production methods do, solves the problem.

11)  I’m not sure the number 30 is correct, it’s probably higher, and cows too carry diseases that can be passed to humans, mad cow disease as mentioned above, anthrax, brucellosis, cryptosporidium, Escherichia Coli, Giardiasis, Leptospirosis, Listeriosis, Rabies, Salmonellosis, Tuberculosis, West Nile Virus, Plague, Tularemia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Relapsing Fever, Colorado Tick Fever and Lyme disease just to name a few.

12) Trichinae was once an issue with pork but it has not been seen in well raised, western, pork for a decade and treating it in humans in simple enough with a couple of drugs available.  You can’t catch it from properly cooked pork so this simple measure is enough to virtually eliminate this problem in the human population.

13) This one’s is simply wrong, maybe you should actually examine a pig or do a little research before you write this stuff.  No such system exists in pigs.

14) This is not really relevant to pork meat consumption.

15) This one isn’t relevant either.  Neither of these points says anything about how good or bad pork is for human consumption.  I’ve been eating pork all my life as have virtually everyone I know, none of us have ever had any of the problems you complain about so loudly here.  Is that because atheists, agnostics and Christians are immune from such diseases?  Are we physiologically tougher than Muslims and Jews?  Or is it rather that the phobia you have around eating pork is unfounded.  You be the judge!

As for why I eat pork well, it tasts very good, it’s healthier than steak in many ways, it’s a good source of vitamins and minerals and lower in cholesterol than steak.  What’s not to like?

As for complaints that pigs eat anything you might have to look a bit more closely at goats which are also renowned for eating anything, and they do just watch them.  Goats also taste good by the way and their meat too is healthy.

As with all foods eat in moderation as part of a balanced diet and you’ll do fine.

Oh and try to look up the science behind these claims before you publish them.

Russell