Islamic Forum
wiseguy

Allah (God) Forbids Pork.

Hi Andalusi

Looks like you forgot to read the last line of my post, before posting such unsupported rubbish you should look up the science behind it. Apart from that I think I answered all of that already with actual findings from science.  Can you rebut any of those answers or is restating these unsupported claims the best you can come up with.

Russell

• Like 1

PropellerAds

15) This one isn’t relevant either.  Neither of these points says anything about how good or bad pork is for human consumption.  I’ve been eating pork all my life as have virtually everyone I know, none of us have ever had any of the problems you complain about so loudly here.  Is that because atheists, agnostics and Christians are immune from such diseases?  Are we physiologically tougher than Muslims and Jews?  Or is it rather that the phobia you have around eating pork is unfounded.  You be the judge!

i ask you this, how can you be so sure that growth hormone and other toxins from the pork dont cause a cancer in he future, after sometime when body cant handle it anymore, maybe your immuine system is good, how can you be so sure that it will not develop some kind of sickness in the future?

So far in my studies , everything God forbids is harmful to us, everything wich is allowed is ok or good for us. that is part of God's wisdom.

If he forbids pork then it can cause problems for us, maybe stuff happens in the body wich we dont know and develops during many years and then pops up on surface when it is to late.

Hi Andalusi

We’ve been eating pork since before recorded history and people don’t die all the time of cancer or any other cause linked to pork.  I’ve known people who lived into their hundreds and ate pork regularly throughout their lives.  We understand that meat is an issue, if you eat too much of it you increase your chances of suffering from a number of conditions, but in this pork is actually better for you than beef for example, which contains higher levels of damaging fats.  Does god forbid beef?

Does running over a rabbit count as ‘beaten to death’ under Islamic law?  I’ve eaten a number of rabbits killed this way, they were delicious, and I’ve come to no harm from it and why should I. 

Do shell fish count as ‘scaleless fish’?  I’ve eaten plenty of them.  Leather Jackets have no scales but they too are tasty and delicious and again I’ve come to no harm from them. 

Is this all something like “wind farm syndrome” where people who live in areas opposed to windfarms stand a much higher chance of suffering that those who have no issue with the farms.  In fact the primary driver of ‘wind farm syndrome’ is opposition to wind farms not the farms themselves.  In other words is the fear you carry from the Quran really the driver of any issues you may have with these foods?  I don’t suffer at all for eating them but then I don’t carry that fear either.  It’s like the placebo effect in a way, not a real effect but rather an idea driven by the mind which causes issues.  In other words the quran is the driver behind any issues you may experience with these foods.  This idea is certainly consistent with the facts we see on this question.

Russell

Hi Andalusi

We’ve been eating pork since before recorded history and people don’t die all the time of cancer or any other cause linked to pork.  I’ve known people who lived into their hundreds and ate pork regularly throughout their lives.  We understand that meat is an issue, if you eat too much of it you increase your chances of suffering from a number of conditions, but in this pork is actually better for you than beef for example, which contains higher levels of damaging fats.  Does god forbid beef?

Does running over a rabbit count as ‘beaten to death’ under Islamic law?  I’ve eaten a number of rabbits killed this way, they were delicious, and I’ve come to no harm from it and why should I. 

Do shell fish count as ‘scaleless fish’?  I’ve eaten plenty of them.  Leather Jackets have no scales but they too are tasty and delicious and again I’ve come to no harm from them. 

Is this all something like “wind farm syndrome” where people who live in areas opposed to windfarms stand a much higher chance of suffering that those who have no issue with the farms.  In fact the primary driver of ‘wind farm syndrome’ is opposition to wind farms not the farms themselves.  In other words is the fear you carry from the Quran really the driver of any issues you may have with these foods?  I don’t suffer at all for eating them but then I don’t carry that fear either.  It’s like the placebo effect in a way, not a real effect but rather an idea driven by the mind which causes issues.  In other words the quran is the driver behind any issues you may experience with these foods.  This idea is certainly consistent with the facts we see on this question.

Russell

Why I Do Not Recommend Pork - Nearly 70 Percent Contaminated with Dangerous Pathogens

By Dr. Mercola

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/12/12/eating-pork.aspx

Hi Andalusi

I’m not sure where he did his testing but I’d be surprized if that particular pathogen was anywhere near that prominent in well cared for pigs in this country at least but I’m not aware of anyone who’d ear raw pork anyway and cooking destroys these bacteria and virtually all others.  As I said I’ve been eating pork all my life as have most of the people I know and I’ve never met anyone who’s had a problem like this.  Chicken has similar problems with higher levels of dangerous contamination than pork but, again, a lot of chicken is eaten in most countries around the world and by simply cooking it we avoid virtually all of these problems.  On the danger scale chicken is worse than pork and beef is better but the differences aren’t great, they all carry dangerous pathogens to some extent and we need to understand how to deal with them safely.  Of course we had a major outbreak of disease from Lettice here recently so no food is actually safe, it’s all about how we treat it and prepare it.  Maybe god should have included a safe food handling guide in the quran rather than picking on specific foods that carry no extra risk beyond those of other similar foods.  That would have been far more useful.

Russell