Islamic Forum
Skavau

Torture In Hell

what is the defination of atheism please tell me so i can look it up

Atheism is the disbelief in a God/s.

, and please tell me how in the world can an atheist exist without theist????

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. There does not need to be any Pro-Alchemists or Pro-Astrologers for an individual to deny the effects of either. The opposite position of a viewpoint is not dependent on who holds the opposite stance.

it sounds to me that you are confused about the meaning about atheist and theist.

Very simple.

Theist: The belief in a God/s.

Atheist: The disbelief in a God/s.

PropellerAds
i admit my dibelief in the easter bunny only exists because the belief in the easter bunny exists. without the easter bunny my belief ceases to exist.

So who believes in the Easter Bunny then sincerely?

SO why dont athiest admit that the only exist because of theist??

Because we don't. The disbelief in God exists irrespective of how much importance is placed upon the belief in God.

look up the two terms. athiest exist because of A GOD and those who believe in that GOD those who believe are called thiest those who reject the idea of GOD is an athiest.

I've never read so much drivel in my life. Atheism is the disbelief in God. It does not matter in the slightest who claims there is a God or whether there is a God or not. Atheists operate independently from it.

so what would athiest believe if ther wasnt a GOD???

Eh? An Atheist disbelieves in God. The above is inapplicable.

ALSO PLEASE LOOK UP THE TERM ATHEIST AND TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS, NOT YOUR VERSION TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS

I know the definition of Atheism, but if you are going to be pedantic:

Dictionary(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

The definition of 2 is what I am. I disbelieve in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Edited by Skavau

Eh? An Atheist disbelieves in God. The above is inapplicable.

I know the definition of Atheism, but if you are going to be pedantic:

Dictionary(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

The definition of 2 is what I am. I disbelieve in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

so tell me how can you dibelieve in a supreme being without reconising that there is one??? OR BEINGS now thats just stupid you disbelieve in the existence of beings? are you not a humanBEING. Hey im a being how can you disbelieve in me when you write to me,you believe that i, a being would answer you so you write,

i think your confused in what you believe. no disrespect please teach me. im only going off of the definition 2 that you said is what you are?? Are you an alien.... no wait a minute that would make you a being. hmmmmm you have a mother and father they are beings but they dont exist to you right? so what are you??? and please tell me the meaning of beings i must be confused.

so tell me how can you dibelieve in a supreme being without reconising that there is one???

LOL! I disbelieve in Santa Clause, that means Santa Clause exists, right? I disbelieve in Ganesh, that means Ganesh exists, right?

I suspect that you are using an odd definition of 'disbelieve in'. I use it to mean 'do not believe in the existence of'.

edit - the definition of atheist you have problems with means 'supreme being or supreme beings'. Yes, English can be a confusing language.

Edited by fallow

so tell me how can you dibelieve in a supreme being without reconising that there is one???

....Because I took an active interest and declared by disbelief. You can disbelieve without needing to recognise.

OR BEINGS now thats just stupid you disbelieve in the existence of beings? are you not a humanBEING. Hey im a being how can you disbelieve in me when you write to me,you believe that i, a being would answer you so you write,

You don't know your English very well, do you? The context of 'beings' in two is supposed to be supreme beings, as in polytheism. I do not believe in a God or a number of Gods would be the same as:

i think your confused in what you believe. no disrespect please teach me.

How about instead of being pedantic and demanding dictionary definitions, actually LISTEN to what I tell you.

I do not believe in a God or God/s. That is my disbelief.

im only going off of the definition 2 that you said is what you are?? Are you an alien.... no wait a minute that would make you a being.

The 'being' in context is referring to plural Gods.

....Because I took an active interest and declared by disbelief. You can disbelieve without needing to recognise.

You don't know your English very well, do you? The context of 'beings' in two is supposed to be supreme beings, as in polytheism. I do not believe in a God or a number of Gods would be the same as:

How about instead of being pedantic and demanding dictionary definitions, actually LISTEN to what I tell you.

HAHA i canot listen to you but i will read. supreme being and beings is not GOD OR A NUMBER OF GODS. supreme being meaning GOD yes your right BEINGS however is not a number of Gods no!!!! LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF BEING. but you would probably reject it because it was defined by humanBEINGS. DO YOU KNOW ENGLISH??? dont tell me what the context of beings is supposed to be tell me what it is. Come on your anthiest back up yor belief.

And to fallow YES the idea of santa clause exist and the person st nick was a living humanbeing. after his death people chose to make him a myth and fuse him with christianity. does he exist as in being alive no does his spirit live on in others well just go to any mall on christmas. IS he going to come down any chimmnies and have flying reindeer i dont believe that, but i do reconise that the idea exist and if it didnt there would be no reason for me not to believe in satan um i mean santa

but i do reconise that the idea exist and if it didnt there would be no reason for me not to believe in satan um i mean santa

Yes, you recognize that the IDEA exists - I recognize that the IDEA of supreme being/s exists, but so does the idea of the Flying Spagetti Monster, the Tooth Fairy and every other idea. I don't believe that the Hindu gods Hanuman and Ganesh exist - does that means that you think they DO exist?

edit - this is far too subtle for this argument :sl:, but: I don't need to be able to precisely define something to not believe that it exists -I don't believe in anything which is postulated to be beyond the laws of nature. Thus without precisely defining them I don't believe in gods, ghosts, bogeymen, galactic turtles, angels, goblins, djinns, pixies, fairies, or any other supernatural beastie whatsoever.

Edited by fallow

and you are free to your belief. are you christian??because jesus believed in GOD

sakavu still waiting for your reply.

HAHA i canot listen to you but i will read. supreme being and beings is not GOD OR A NUMBER OF GODS. supreme being meaning GOD yes your right BEINGS however is not a number of Gods no!!!!

'Beings' on its own is not asserting a number of Gods. But in the context of the sentence, it is referring to a number of Gods.

The context asserts its meaning. If you cannot understand that then I have nothing more to say to you regarding it.

LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF BEING. but you would probably reject it because it was defined by humanBEINGS. DO YOU KNOW ENGLISH???

Yes I do. I also understand context as well.

dont tell me what the context of beings is supposed to be tell me what i

t is. Come on your anthiest back up yor belief.

I am backing up my belief. Since I do not disbelieve in 'beings', you're arguing a strawman.

HAHA i canot listen to you but i will read. supreme being and beings is not GOD OR A NUMBER OF GODS. supreme being meaning GOD yes your right BEINGS however is not a number of Gods no!!!! LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF BEING. but you would probably reject it because it was defined by humanBEINGS. DO YOU KNOW ENGLISH??? dont tell me what the context of beings is supposed to be tell me what it is. Come on your anthiest back up yor belief.

And to fallow YES the idea of santa clause exist and the person st nick was a living humanbeing. after his death people chose to make him a myth and fuse him with christianity. does he exist as in being alive no does his spirit live on in others well just go to any mall on christmas. IS he going to come down any chimmnies and have flying reindeer i dont believe that, but i do reconise that the idea exist and if it didnt there would be no reason for me not to believe in satan um i mean santa

With all due respect your argument is flawed. It seems to me you are arguing a point about the English language when you don't have a strong grasp of the English language.

I do not mean this in a condescending way as many people on this forum will not have English as their first language and they still manage to get their point across which is more than I can do in any foreign language but your weak grasp of the context that Skavaou is using the term 'biengs' in shows you up as being ignorant of this point. Atheists do not need god to exist inorder to be atheists and Skavous use of the term 'biengs' is correct.

In other words you do not have an argument and you trumphantly going on as if you have won a serious philosophical point is quite silly and verging on the embarasing.

It would be best if you forgot this line of argument because your grasp of the English language and the definintion of the word atheist is not strong enough and you are without doubt in error.

TELL ME WHAT THE MEANING OF BEING IS. AND HOW CAN YOU DISBELIEVE IN BEINGS WHEN YOU ARE DEFINED AS A BEING? NO IT IS YOU WHO ARE FLAWED, TELL ME THE MEANING OF BEING. YOU ARE CONFUSED

TELL ME WHAT THE MEANING OF BEING IS. AND HOW CAN YOU DISBELIEVE IN BEINGS WHEN YOU ARE DEFINED AS A BEING? NO IT IS YOU WHO ARE FLAWED, TELL ME THE MEANING OF BEING. YOU ARE CONFUSED

Believe me I know English better than you and your argument makes no sense. You are wrong. Please don't use caps. It's petulant and rude.

TELL ME WHAT THE MEANING OF BEING IS. AND HOW CAN YOU DISBELIEVE IN BEINGS WHEN YOU ARE DEFINED AS A BEING?

I don't disbelieve in beings. I disbelieve in polytheistic beings - which was what the context was referring to.

I don't disbelieve in beings. I disbelieve in polytheistic beings - which was what the context was referring to.

polytheistic, or monotheistic beings are just a form of beings you said and i quote " i disbelieve in the existence of supreme beings or Beings" Now you say you dont disbelieve in beings. LOOK at the definition of beings, a supreme being is A GOD ,a BEING is not a GOD. You being such a pompous contemptuous athiest is now turning back on your words you are bewildered and metagrobolized in what you believe. This is tantamount to hypocrisy

polytheistic, or monotheistic beings are just a form of beings you said and i quote " i disbelieve in the existence of supreme beings or Beings" Now you say you dont disbelieve in beings. LOOK at the definition of beings, a supreme being is A GOD ,a BEING is not a GOD. You being such a pompous contemptuous athiest is now turning back on your words you are bewildered and metagrobolized in what you believe. This is tantamount to hypocrisy

Supreme biengs or biengs (plural) It's not that difficult to understand.

polytheistic, or monotheistic beings are just a form of beings you said and i quote " i disbelieve in the existence of supreme beings or Beings

That is what the 2nd definition of Atheism from dictionary(contact admin if its a beneficial link) said. The context of 'beings' there is supreme being but plural.

Now you say you dont disbelieve in beings. LOOK at the definition of beings, a supreme being is A GOD ,a BEING is not a GOD.

For the purpose of discourse, this is ridiculous.

An Atheist:

- A person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

'Beings' in this context is referring to a number of Gods. Here, I'll make it easier.

An Atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves in the existence of a supreme being or supreme beings.

The above there means exactly the same as the original definition I gave you. It is just slightly more specific. The person who wrote the original just assumed that people would know the context of 'beings' in the sentence. Apparently he was wrong.

you being such a pompous contemptuous athiest is now turning back on your words

Do you even know what those slurs mean? I cannot attribute a single one to my actions on here. 'Pompous' means an elevated sense of self-importance and I invite you to show me where I've expressed that. Whether I am of course worthy of contempt is entirely your choice, but irrespectively - this has all come to be from your failure to understand context. I know precisely what I disbelieve in and I disbelieve in the existence of a God and the existence of God/s.

I would appreciate it if you stopped dictating to me what I do and do not believe.

you are bewildered and metagrobolized in what you believe. This is tantamount to hypocrisy

Except I am not.

Edited by Skavau

That is what the 2nd definition of Atheism from dictionary(contact admin if its a beneficial link) said. The context of 'beings' there is supreme being but plural.

An Atheist:

- A person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

'Beings' in this context is referring to a number of Gods. Here, I'll make it easier.

An Atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves in the existence of a supreme being or supreme beings.

The above there means exactly the same as the original definition I gave you. It is just slightly more specific. The person who wrote the original just assumed that people would know the context of 'beings' in the sentence. Apparently he was wrong.

Do you even know what those slurs mean? I cannot attribute a single one to my actions on here. 'Pompous' means an elevated sense of self-importance and I invite you to show me where I've expressed that. Whether I am of course worthy of contempt is entirely your choice, but irrespectively - this has all come to be from your failure to understand context. I know precisely what I disbelieve in and I disbelieve in the existence of a God and the existence of God/s.

I would appreciate it if you stopped dictating to me what I do and do not believe.

Except I am not.

Skavau it seems he has difficulty with your use of the English language. Not much point in debating someone who can't understand you especially when they are rude to you like that.

An Atheist:

Except I am not.

You donot stand on your own ground you leap frog off of the theist and call yourself an athiest. You refuse the existence of GOD but yet you need the same GOD for your belief to exist. You use us theist for the base of your belief. So you have tried to elevate yourself by giving yourself a sense of self importance by going against me a theist by calling yourself an atheist. We theist donot need your belief to exist,we never have. We never sprang off of you nonbelievers to structure our belief system, you must be a pompous a.. and arrogant if you think you can do that and not be challenged(no disrespect to you)

You donot stand on your own ground you leap frog off of the theist and call yourself an athiest. You refuse the existence of GOD but yet you need the same GOD for your belief to exist. You use us theist for the base of your belief. So you have tried to elevate yourself by giving yourself a sense of self importance by going against me a theist by calling yourself an atheist. We theist donot need your belief to exist,we never have. We never sprang off of you nonbelievers to structure our belief system, you must be a pompous a.. and arrogant if you think you can do that and not be challenged(no disrespect to you)

I ask you again - you don't believe in the existence of the Hindu gods. Is that proof that they do exist? Does that mean that they are the basis of your belief?

I ask you again - you don't believe in the existence of the Hindu gods. Is that proof that they do exist? Does that mean that they are the basis of your belief?

I believe that Allah is GOD i believe that HE is the one who made all of this. I study other religions and I still come to the conclusion that Allah is the only creator. The QURAN is the bases of which my belief is based upon, not what the Hindu believes in. I stand upon the QURAN as my proof, my backbone, my sure footing I dont use the Hindu gods or religion to form my opinion or my base as to my belief in GOD

Likewise I don't use any gods to form my opinion or my base as to my belief that this is a god-free universe.

Likewise I don't use any gods to form my opinion or my base as to my belief that this is a god-free universe.

if you are atheist yes you do