Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lateral

Update On The College Situation

:D

well, as you know i only applied to one college, and well the WHOLE of the people in my class who applied got letters of acceptance on friday, except for me. I waiting on saturday, and now its monday and i checked the post, still no letter, what should i do?

As for those of you who dont know, i had a very bad attendance record, of about 45% and well, my grades sent off to the college were about 6 A's and 1 B and 2 C's, *sigh* i only applied to one college because i wasnt able to apply to other colleges,

also that one college, i applied quite late as well.

It doesnt seem like i have got a letter, leading to maybe i havent been accepted yet i dont want to pull up conclusions.

IF i dont have a college to go to next year, what should i do? I was thinking maybe study AS next year at home, and re apply at the same college + other colleges and go in with a headstart.

need your advice.

PropellerAds

asalaam alaikum,.

brother don't dispair! MashAllah if you get those grades, I certainly did dont achive that many A's at GCSE!!

Your grades are good, there should be no reason why that should stop you entering college. As for your attendance, is there any way you could get your tutor to write a letter to the college on your behalf to explain (for example, difficulties at home, I don't know) for your poor attendance?

Go to you careers service as explain the situation, also maybe you could speak to the admissions department of the colleges you would like to go to, and see what they can do for you.

As for the acceptence letter, give it a few more days before contacting them.

I know its really stressful, make Du'a inshAllah, I will be praying for you

w'aslaaam

salam alikum,

call up the admissions and speak with them, dont be afaird,

First, it is lovely that u kept us up to date :D

We have this system at uni called an 'aerograt' or something. It's where the uni can give u a grade based on 'past experience of what u would have got if some horrible event had not occurred.' It can also be used by asking for a letter by the uni explaining some irregularity in the academic record eg:father died.

Doesn't ur school have any such compassionate provisions?

*edit* lol by the way 6As is awesome isn't it? I'm not familiar with the GCSE system but that many As doens't jst pass me by! Mashallah ..it just goes to show that u have a brain but aren't stimulated enough (or in ur case have other family factors i think) to come to school. Don't see what that should hinder u.

Edited by ziggy99

Honestly man, do AS-Level, they are important, but don't let people force you into doing what they think is the most 'prestigious' subjects (e.g. Maths). Play to your strengths. Also Organization is extremely important, and I know it's such a paint brush term to use ('organization'), but what I mean is simple things like keeping your desk tidy, folders for each subject, revision books, doing homework on time e.t.c.

its currently thursday, still no letter. i called them up just now and they said that the register person is a bit busy and will call me back.

Yes i fully intend to do AS level, but ive made my own choices strongly (didnt include maths as my subject YES! ) and so thats not much of a problem, its just how im actually going to study if this one college doesnt accept me.

Guess ill find out when i get that call, update you later.

update 2 :

Just phoned the college, they said they already sent me a letter on the 20th of april :D :D

it hasnt come yet,

But anyway she said she will send a copy of the letter today.......

to be continued.

Update 3 :

Turns out the letter that never came was in my dads posession the whole time, (what a twist ! ) , and the letter states that i didnt get accepted into the college.

Thats too bad i guess, but my main concern is the upcoming exams.

Oh well Allah is ultimate Planner Lateralus63.

Try to focus on ur exams and hopefully inshallah u have a better motivation now that this college biz is out of the way and u know where u are lacking academically. May Allah's mercy be with you :D

ÈöÓúãö Çááåö ÇáÑøóÃÂúãäö ÇáÑøóÃÂöíãö

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

This is just another obsticle that you will overcome insha'Allah, right now like Sister ziggy99 mentioned its best you concerntrate on your exams get them out of the way and see how things go after that.

Oh, just a little question, some colleges offer part time A Levels which is you are under 19 you can get in for free, do you know if you have any available in your area? You could try that if there are.

Insha'Allah it goes well Brother and do keep us updated.

The college you go to has little or no importance. I went a crappy college and am now, alhamdulillah, at a pretty good university. So long as you get the grades, universities wont care which college u studied at.

Make sure you do AS/A-level's and try to take English and/or Maths - they both will come in handy later on. Also, a foreign language is very important at A-Level and could give u an edge when u enter employment.