Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dot

Report upgrade problems here

Asalamo alaikum

Dear IF members

Because we've upgraded our forum to a new version, some problems may show up.

Kindly help me pin point those problems, to fix them as they emerge.

I'll check back this topic often to follow up on your notes.

Barak Allah feekum.

PropellerAds

:D

First of all, many thanks for the forum.

The time seems to be one hour ahead on the forum. I'm based in the UK (GMT).

For me the timing is right. Maybe you need to set the timing.

Go to My Controls > Board Settings and see there. And check if the Daylight Savings Times box is checked. :D

InshaAllah that helps you.

:w:

Siily me. I did think that at first though. HONEST! I just couldn't find where to change it. Thanks Sis. :P

[EDIT] I still cannot upload an icon. :D

Edited by Z-247

Brother dot there are some log in problems. Memebrs are being logged out when they move from thread to thread or when they try to post.

Also like bro Z-247 it is not possible to up load icons.

wasalaam

Not related directly to forum upgrade but just wondering what about implenting the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]forum rules[/url] like before now that the forum is getting stable and safe. Especially the usage of only English and Arabic language. Also rules regarding the signature which were only 300 words, picture of 400x60 dimensions and only 10 kb in size.

I know I will not make any friends by mentioning these rules.

Salaam,

I have a problem, though I don't think anyone will take much notice of it. I cannot type in Arabic/Hebrew. It comes up weird. If you look at my signature, where there is a jargon of letters, it used to be 'Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad' in Arabic followed by the meaning in English. Since the upgrade, no other language seems to be supported. Can this be fixed, or will I just have to forget about writing Arabic...?

It wont let me make my flash sig any bigger, this is as big as it gets.

Also, i think image upload is not working.

we have more login problems,

member amina cannot log in after changing email address,

member jennaangel cannot post in many of the sections such as revert, Islamic

Religion is not mentioned in members profile like before.

[EDIT] I still cannot upload an icon.  :D

As you can see, it has been sorted. :D

B)

dot, to save users the trouble of changing their language encoding settings in the browsers when they enter the forum and want to read Arabic, please insert <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1256"> in the index file.

windows-1256 = Arabic, but English will show well too

dot, to save users the trouble of changing their language encoding settings in the browsers when they enter the forum and want to read Arabic, please insert in the index file.

windows-1256 = Arabic, but English will show well too

there used to be a wrapper to edit things like charsets, but I cant seem to find it in the new version. I'm still looking :D

but thanks anyhow..., and yes, IF was always using just the charset you mentioned.

edit: I've found the wrapper, alhamdo l'Ellah

anyone can type in Arabic now, and it should display correctly, without having to adjust your browser encode setting.

there used to be a wrapper to edit things like charsets, but I cant seem to find it in the new version. I'm still looking :D

but thanks anyhow..., and yes, IF was always using just the charset you mentioned.

edit: I've found the wrapper, alhamdo l'Ellah

anyone can type in Arabic now, and it should display correctly, without having to adjust your browser encode setting.

Salaam!

Great! You must be the real dot then?!

:P

yes brother :D

the hacker is currently busy hacking other forums :D . At least 5 forums were hacked by him, all version 1.3 or older.

2 issues Brother Dot.

1. Can't get into the sensitive issues brothers room. After I enter in the password it says it is directing me there but then brings up the screen asking me for the password again.

2. It is not registering the cookie to remember my username and password to automatically log me in.

:P

yes brother :D

the hacker is currently busy hacking other forums :P . At least 5 forums were hacked by him, all version 1.3 or older.

i have the same problem as paki brother here, can you sort it out please ?

I'm working on it. Please allow sometime to fix.

My thanks.

BTW I'm unable to comment outside the Reception Lounge - specifically, I'm unable to comment in the Islam-West Dialogue forum. Perhaps because I'm no longer a "New Member" but don't have 50 posts?

Aww brother Dot i know how attached to IF u are and i almost feel terrible writing this but u DID ask for any complaints!

Now occassionaly when i try to add reply, the subsequent page says :

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link) Port 80

although my reply does go through :D

Inshallah keep up the good work!! :P

How about now?

Do you, or anyone, still get that 503 "Service Temporarily Unavailable" error page?

Let me know please

:D Brother DOT,

Just wondering...I remember on the old IF board all my sent PM's would be saved without me having to check the option to save them each time I sent a PM. Is there anyway to do that again...I can't seem to find that option if it actually exists so that all seny PM's will be saved. JazakAllah Khairun bro.

Some posts have been deleted while IF was under maintenance today.. :D