Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
borbus

News Trainees Wanted For Islam Channel

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

I think there were some people into journalism. Maybe this would be interesting...

Wassalaam.

NEWS TRAINEES WANTED FOR Islam CHANNEL (SKY 836)

The Islam Channel is looking for news trainees to work on its forthcoming news programmes. The successful candidates will be required to assist in producing news bulletins and play an active part in the entire production process. They will need a formal qualification in journalism or be a gap year student who has completed part of such a course. They will also need to possess good English writing skills and demonstrate an interest in issues around the Muslim world.

This is an excellent opportunity for a young person starting out on a career in journalism. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to: Mohamed Ali, Chief Executive, Islam Channel, 14 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4BX

For more information contact:

E-mail: hr[at]islamchannel.tv

PropellerAds
Assalaamu 'alaikum,

I think there were some people into journalism. Maybe this would be interesting...

Wassalaam.

NEWS TRAINEES WANTED FOR Islam CHANNEL (SKY 836)

The Islam Channel is looking for news trainees to work on its forthcoming news programmes. The successful candidates will be required to assist in producing news bulletins and play an active part in the entire production process. They will need a formal qualification in journalism or be a gap year student who has completed part of such a course. They will also need to possess good English writing skills and demonstrate an interest in issues around the Muslim world.

This is an excellent opportunity for a young person starting out on a career in journalism. To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to: Mohamed Ali, Chief Executive, Islam Channel, 14 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4BX

E-mail: hr[at]islamchannel.tv

:D

that rules me out :D (dont start my degree until this septmember)

maybe in a few years time inshallah. Thanks for posting it up bro.

Edited by summer_girl

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

I'd be tempted to offer my services for free for the summer, iA, if I were you, just for the experience. (Maybe send them your CV, sample of work you've done, and an enthusiastic cover letter...) If you impressed them, maybe they'd let you come back the following summer or work there after your degree, iA.

Wassalaam.

:D

actually your right bro. I mean im free all july, august and september.

thanks bro :D . inshallah im going to send my CV soon and copies of work i've written.

AA

is this just for journalism or are they looking for people qualified in film and television production...

JazaakAllah bro for the info

MaSalama

sr. verity

Wa 'alaikum assalaam,

BaarakAllahu feekum.

That job sounds more like journalism, but it seems like they're expanding (they advertised a couple of other roles too, which I've put below) so it'd be worth making a speculative application if you think you've got relevant skills in case anything else comes up... get your foot in the door before anyone else, I mean.

Wassalaam.

VACANCIES FOR CAMERAMEN AT Islam CHANNEL (C London)

We currently have vacancies for cameramen. We are looking to recruit two graduates who have passion, commitment and drive for Islam and are willing to learn camera skills and studio operation. In addition to the above qualities, the ideal candidate must possess a driving licence and be a self motivated individual who can clearly show team work ability. Closing date for applications is Friday 20th May 2005.

Interested candidates should e-mail their CVs to hr[at]islamchannel.tv

For more information please contact Salauddin Ali on 020 7374 6865 or 07866 752 500.

NEWS JOURNALISTS WANTED FOR Islam CHANNEL

The Islam Channel is looking for two dynamic journalists for its upcoming news programmes. The successful candidates will have some experience of working in news journalism. They will need to be strong all rounders, familiar with TV news production and committed to serving our Muslim ethos. Excellent writing skills are essential as is a strong grasp of what makes a good news story for a English speaking Muslim audience. The successful candidate will also have a sound knowledge of international affairs, particularly the Islamic world. Experience of presenting a news based programme would be a distinct advantage, as would a foreign language. Remuneration is based on qualifications and experience.

Applications should be sent to: Mohamed Ali, Chief Executive, Islam Channel, 14 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4BX

Email: hr[at]islamchannel.tv

islamchannel.tv

Assalamu alaikum,

they say cameraMEN does that mean i cannot apply...

also they say they are willing to train people in camera operation but what if someone has done a degree in television.

finally, do you have to be living in london to apply?

maSalama

sr. verity

Wa 'alaikum assalaam,

Hmm, maybe they prefer cameramen. Not sure. But they do have sisters presenting some of the programmes. Best to contact them I guess, especially if you're not in the UK, cos they might want to interview you first and you'd have to relocate.

Wassalaam.