Islamic Forum
Yank

The 10 Commandments

Asslamu'alaikum Yurt,

I see. Then perhaps I could ask you where you think we get this commandment and why we have seen fit to observe it faithfully for so long? Truly friend we have and had access to the Jewish Torah and the Christian Gospel for a long time. We know that Law of God (swt) and we walk in faith and in love when we walk the straight path with wisdom and generosity. Ameen.

Ah, so you admit that the Church took liberties with God's Truth. What authority did the Church use to add the Apostles' Epistles to the Word of God? Their authority?

Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew and a Prophet of God. We are not Jews. Tell me, friend, when were the Ten Commandments written, before or after Abraham?

Wa'salaam,

I don't know why you don't worship Idols? You tell me.

Sorry to burst you "ah, so I admit," but without going into doctrinal or sect disputes, the same thing could be said for different sects in Islam, which is not allowed to be discussed here. I worship God and his Word. Essentially the same as Muslims, except Muslims believe the Torah and the Bible are corrupted, yet, you have had access to the Torah and the Bible for a long time. Kindly share with the rest of us these true copies of the Torah and the Bible that you have used.

PropellerAds
Why was the Sabbeth only for the Hebrews?

i donno perhaps ask an Islamic scholar, or God himself

May Allah guide you and set your affairs in order

While reading the following text

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala made a covenant with Adam aleihi salam. He gave him conditions of the covenant in form of Shariah, Divine Law. Adam received commandment of God (the Jew believe that the first six commandments of the Noahide Law are given to Adam) Almighty which Adam aleihi salam taught his people. Now, the people rejected the way of Adam and they did not keep the commandment although Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala sent Idrees aleihi salam and other prophets to remind them.

The people finally broke the covenant that was made with Adam aleihi salam by rejecting the Shariah. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala sent them Noah aleihi salam for the last warning but if it was to late then the people were punished by the great flood. After the flood God Almighty made a New Covenant with Noah aleihi salam which was accompanied by a New Shariah which is the Divine Law from then on. God Almighty never breaks the Covenant but the people. The Noahide Law are the conditions of the treaty between mankind and Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala at that time.

The people failed to keep the commandment and they denied the Shariah, so the covenant was broken. Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala made a new covenant with Ibraheem aleihi salam and gave him the Scrolls of Ibraheem. Until the Yusuf aleihi salam the people were more or less righteous Muslims, but during the slavery in Egypt the Hebrews changed. Their hearts became rigid and hard like solid rock.

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala decided to make a special covenant with the Children of israel. The whole mankind rejected the Shariah given to Ibraheem but the children of israel were the most righteous people at that time. Allah made a new covenant with Musa aleihi accompanied by a New Shariah, the Torah. The children of israel were obliged to follow the Torah including the Ten Commandments. Moses aleihi salam received the tablets written by God Almighty himself. These tablets were so holy that no one were allow to touch them except the Children of Levy. However, the children of Isra'eel transgressed against the Shariah. However, Allah gave them many chances until the time of Jesus aleihi salam. God Almighty took the arc of the covenant way from them and the Taurat. The tablets are taken away from them because they broke the covenant with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala made a new covenant with Jesus Son of Mary and the New Law was Injeel, the Gospel, which is basically confirming the Law of Moses. The torah is basically included in the gospel but the gospel does not list the 10 commandment either but Jesus aleihi salam orders everyone to keep the 10 commandment and to make them a way of life.

The followers of Jesus broke the covenant by worshipping Jesus aleihi salam and by rejecting the true message of Jesus aleihi salam. Thus, Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala made a new covenant and this was the very Last Covenant with mankind. He made the Last Covenant with mankind and the representative of God Almighty at that time was Muhammad sallallahu aleihi wassallam. The Last Covenant required a renewed Shariat with is the Last Shariah. This shariah was revealed in written form but in from of recitation. Our Creator spoke the Last Divine Law to the angel Gabriel aleihi salam who recited it to the Last Messenger and Prophet of God, Muhammad sallallahu aleihi wassallam who recited it to his people, who memorized the Recitation and Recited them during the night and to other people. The Last Shariah is the Qur'an which is the Condition of the Last Covenant between mankind and Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala on Earth. The Qur'an confirms the Noahide Law, the Taurat and the Gospel and other books but it is a New Law because there is a New Final Covenant between mankind and our Creator. This Covenant will last until the Hour.

Salam

The Orthodox Jews say that the Sabbath is not required for non-Jews.

Another topic:

Did not the Christians change the 10 Commandments?

Christianity deleted the second commandment that was written in the Tanakh, Old Testament which says that we are not allowed to make idols and images. The Christians exchanged it with another commandment. The tenth and the ninth commandment are actually one commandment but the Christians split them somehow. Why???

I don't know why you don't worship Idols?  You tell me.

Sorry to burst you "ah, so I admit," ...  I worship God and his Word.

Asalamu’alaikum Yurt,

May the peace of God be upon you. Ameen.

Let me say that I am a generosity man, friend. Be with God. I am not one to question your ways. Be at Peace.

Essentially the same as Muslims, except Muslims believe the Torah and the Bible are corrupted, ...  Kindly share with the rest of us these true copies of the Torah and the Bible that you have used.

I am not one who necessarily interprets al-Qur’an to suggest that the Torah and the Bible are corrupt by that the doctrines and dogmas which have strayed from the truth of Allah have blinded some from seeing clearly what was revealed by Allah. As I spoke before, I am a student of all of God’s Scripture and I look upon it with the lens of faith to see the straight path through error, insha’Allah. I am not a legalist, but I stand upon the whole of the Law, which disciplines our will and our bodies to see what others fail to see and hear what others fail to hear. God (swt) speaks to our hearts many truths unspeakable but known between two friends in their eyes and in the warmth of their smile and in the fellowship of their embrace. Truly my friend, I would ask that you not cling to your doctrines and dogmas as a drunk clings to lamp-posts but sober yourself and stand upon your own two feet and use what doctrines and dogmas you have to illuminate your way to the truths unspeakable which can bridge the gulf between us. Trust in God (swt) and He will guide you through the darkness and you can put aside your frustration and conflict because you will walk in peace with God (swt) and everyone else who is on their way along the straight path. Perhaps you may discard my words but you will continue be my friend and I will have faith in God to guide you to His Truth. Ameen.

Wa’salaam Wa’Barak’Allah

Thank you for being my friend. I am truly touched.

:D

Asalamu’alaikum Yurt,

Dear Brother of Islam.

It is forbidden to use the salutations of "Asalamu'Alycom" to a Non-Muslim no matter how nice one is. We are allowed to say "Salam" and any other polite way of salutation. :D

If a Non-Muslim says "Asalamu'Alycom", we must reply, "Wa'laycom".

There are strong authentic Hadith supporting this. If you would like me to post some up I would gladly do so for the sake of Allah. :D

Jazakallahkher Brother.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Edited by Mu'maneen

Dear Brother of Islam.

It is forbidden to use the salutations of "Asalamu'Alycom" to a Non-Muslim no matter how nice one is.  We are allowed to say "Salam" and any other polite way of salutation. :D

There are strong authentic Hadith supporting this.  If you would like me to post some up I would gladly do so for the sake of Allah.  :D

Jazakallahkher Brother.

--------------------

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Great, so even our greetings are different.

Great, so even our greetings are different.

Salam Yurt.

The reason is behind the true translation of the Arabic meaning of Asalamu'Alycom. This can only be said to a believer of Monothism. For anyone else we can use Salam "peace" which is equally respected. :D :D

--------------------

Salam Yurt.

The reason is behind the true translation of the Arabic meaning of Asalamu'Alycom.  This can only be said to a believer of Monothism.  For anyone else we can use Salam "peace" which is equally respected.  :D  :D

--------------------

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Can I great the people of the book who do not associate partners to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala such as Jew, Unitarian Christian etc. with "Assalamu Aleikum" or "Shalom Aleichem"?

==============================

===================

We the Muslims do not need a list of the commandments we just hear and obey. What meaning does a list of rules have if you do not practice it. We show the 10 commandments through our actions.

Salam

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Can I great the people of the book who do not associate partners to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala such as Jew, Unitarian Christian etc. with "Assalamu Aleikum" or "Shalom Aleichem"?

===================

We the Muslims do not need a list of the commandments we just hear and obey. What meaning does a list of rules have if you do not practice it. We show the 10 commandments through our actions.

Salam

So you are better than Moses?

Sorry, this sounds like arrogance. God gave Moses the 10 commandments on a God written tablet and you now say that that is worthless, or at a minimum unnecessary. So what God wrote with His own hand was unnecessary, because Moses was not as great as the Muslims in the 7th Century.

Btw, your statement is further contradicted by the fact that you claim to follow the teachings of the Torah, which incidentally, puts the commandments in list format.

Ah, too many contradictions.

Anyways, I just wanted to note, that this thread has sparked alot of interest. I miss this about threads here. I have been able to come back here more than once today and see replies. Truly, this is good dialogue.

The majority of Scholars have stated that one cannot use "Asalamu'Alycom" to the rejectors of Islam. We can shake their hands, smile to them, say "Salam", and be as gentle as possible to them.

Prophet Muhammad :D would always shake the hand of the Non-Muslim and greet them with respect, but he would never say "Asalamu'Alycom" and he ordered his companions to do the same.

--------------------

Btw, your statement is further contradicted by the fact that you claim to follow the teachings of the Torah, which incidentally, puts the commandments in list format.

Salam Yurt.

We follow the 10 commandments. So what you are saying, for one to believe or to have evidence of the 10 commandments, one would need a list of 1 to 10 in their book? We follow such rules that are implemented within our Quran. Just because it is not listed on a 1-10 bullet point, does not mean we do not have or believe in it. :D

--------------------

So you are better than Moses?

Sorry, this sounds like arrogance.  God gave Moses the 10 commandments on a God written tablet and you now say that that is worthless, or at a minimum unnecessary.  So what God wrote with His own hand was unnecessary, because Moses was not as great as the Muslims in the 7th Century. 

Anyways, I just wanted to note, that this thread has sparked alot of interest.  I miss this about threads here.  I have been able to come back here more than once today and see replies.  Truly, this is good dialogue.

i think you misunderstoud the brother in Islam, he was trying to say it doesnt matter if it is in a list or not, if God says somthing to do we do it, we dont do usles argument such as why the commandments are not in lists etc

Hi Yurt,

Just two quick points I want to raise with you.

1. Define the word 'idol'.

2. In the stone tablets, which specific day was written as the Sabbath?

To all: Please keep on topic. This thread is about the 'Ten Commandments in the Quran'. Please start a new thread to discuss salutations or any other topic. :D

Thank you.

May Allah guide you and set your affairs in order

The people of that time did not want the ten commandments and they rejected and they harrassed their messengers expecially Moses aleihi salam. They rejected the 10 commandments. God Almighty took the Law away from them because they just loved to follow their own desires. God Almighty showed them the miracles right infront of their eyes, but they just rejected the Law of Moses. Is is mentioned in Qur'an in the story of Moses that he received the 10 Commandment.

According to the Jews the gentiles do not have to follow the Jewish Law which is written in Mishnah and Talmud, but they have to follow the Noahide Law.

Salam

I discussed with an Orthodox Jew who said:

The Mishna and Talmud, with it`s 613 Laws and thousands of subsections of those are for Jews only. The Gentiles must follow the 7 Noachide Laws and subsections:

1. Assert the Oneness of The L_rd G_d (Gen 2:4)

2. Revere and worship the L_rd G_d wholeheartedly(Gen 9:26)

3. Do not commit murder. Respect all human life as you want yours respected. (Gen 9:5-6)

4. Do not commit adultery. Respect the covenant you make with your significant other. (Gen 2:23-24)

5. Do not steal. Respect what G_d has blessed others with as you want your blessings respected. (Gen 3:6)

6. All life comes from G_d equally. Respect all life as you want yours respected. (Gen9:4)

7. Live to establish justice and righteousness in every relationship and in the world. (Gen 6:9, 7:1)

The majority of Christians do not believe that deeds are important for salvation. According to Noahide Law and the 10 Commandments deeds are part of faith.

Do you Christians follow the Noahide Law? The Trinitarians surely do not follow the first two commandments, so they even do not follow the Noahide Law and are not among the Bnai Noach?

Salam

Sabbath

I asked Orthodox Jews about the issue of Sabbath and they came up with the following answers:

Answer 1:

The sabbath is a special sign and covenant between the Jews and G-d. The Torah itself says this. Thus, it would be inappropriate for a gentile to partake of a covenant which is not his. And being that the Sabbath is an especially holy and meaningful bond we have with G-d, it makes intruding into it especially wrong. Thus gentiles are actually forbidden to keep the sabbath, though I'm told that they can honor it in other ways. for example, by acknowledging it as being the sabbath which G-d gave to the jews and the day on which He finished his creation.

============

Another answer:

Sabbath is for Jews only; not only do nonJews not have to observe it, they are forbidden to observe Shabbat.

Among other things, Shabbat serves as a reminder to the Jewish people that G-d took them out of Egypt. It is a pointless observance for other nations, who were not taken out of Egypt.

One can liken Shabbat to celebrating your wedding anniversary at the restaurant where you got engaged. It's a reminder and renewal of your and your spouse's special relationship; you would not invite your next-door neighbors, no matter how nice they are or how much you like them. [/i]

============

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala guide you to the straight path

Salam

Edited by muhsinmuttaqi

I will reply in full later, however, the Mrs calls. I love that the replies have been so quick here, I can hardly keep up.

Thanks all!

Dear Brother of Islam.

It is forbidden to use the salutations of "Asalamu'Alycom" to a Non-Muslim no matter how nice one is.  We are allowed to say "Salam" and any other polite way of salutation. :D

There are strong authentic Hadith supporting this.  If you would like me to post some up I would gladly do so for the sake of Allah.  :D

Jazakallahkher Brother.

Assalamu'alaikum Mu'maneen,

Brother, I take your words with great weight and it pains me to offer to you disagreement and to offer disagreement with any Scholars of Islam for surely I am "no" scholar and honestly weak in my deed. So I ask that you take what I say with sympathy and generosity.

I am a generous man. I am generous becuase Allah (swt) has been so generous with me. Ameen. Every time I come before Him with my prayers He is compassionate and merciful and loving to me when I am unworthy of His compassion and mercy and love. Truly I speak the truth, I am unworthy of any favor He has shown me and I know this because I know myself Brother.

When I encounter anyone I try to reflect the same compassion and mercy and love which I have been so generously given by Allah, Al-hamdu Lillahi Rabbil'Alamin!

I am so full of joy my Brother that I can't help but embrace everyone whom I meet with the same joy that Allah (swt) has embraced me, a very little man.

I am truly sorry Brother if my glee offends you or my humility before all fails to show the diginity of our Faith. Truly I have much to learn, Brother, have sympathy for me but I am filled with love and like the rays of the sun, it shines on all. Ameen.

Barak'Allah Brother any kindness you can share me.

Hi Yurt,

Just two quick points I want to raise with you.

1. Define the word 'idol'.

To all: Please keep on topic. This thread is about the 'Ten Commandments in the Quran'. Please start a new thread to discuss salutations or any other topic. :D

Thank you.

Idol: something that takes the place of God.

Sabbath: the seventh day. the same day he hallowed after creation. This has not changed from God, rather by man.

As to the other post regarding that the Sabbath is solely for the jews, this is wrong and unsupported by Biblical texts.

Idol:  something that takes the place of God.

Sabbath:  the seventh day.  the same day he hallowed after creation.  This has not changed from God, rather by man. 

As to the other post regarding that the Sabbath is solely for the jews, this is wrong and unsupported by Biblical texts.

Assalamu'alaikum Yurt,

When your Apostle Paul debated with your Apostle Peter regarding the Law, what was the laws proclaimed to apply to the Gentiles? Also, what do you know of the "liberty of Christ" Christians profess that they enjoy? Does it not say that if one is subject to any part of the Law, he is subject to "all" the Law? Does not your Apostle Paul clarify this in Romans and Galatians very clearly, friend? How is it that other Christians celebrate the resurrection of Christ, which was on a Sunday, and you continue to subject yourself to Jewish Laws? I have dialoged with many Christians and this appears to be a bit of hypocracy on the part of their practice.

Please explain this friend.

If this is not proper for this forum let us pick it up via email. Thank you.

Wa'salaam Friend who loves Jesus (pbuh).

Salam

The Orthodox Jews say that the Sabbath is not required for non-Jews.

Another topic:

Did not the Christians change the 10 Commandments?

Christianity deleted the second commandment that was written in the Tanakh, Old Testament which says that we are not allowed to make idols and images. The Christians exchanged it with another commandment. The tenth and the ninth commandment are actually one commandment but the Christians split them somehow. Why???

First, I am pleased to see how much this thread has grown.

In every Bible I have ever read their is the commandment not to worship Idols.

As it was written by God, no specific day is said to be the Sabbeth, the fourth commandment simply states: Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Further in the bible there is explination of this and we are told it is the seventh day.