Islamic Forum

I remember coming to this board back in 2004 when I was first learning about Islam and after going for 3 months

at my local masjid and immersing myself in Islam my eyes were opened to something that I had never

experienced or felt before. I truly felt like much of the unrest in my mind had finally come to a close,

because I had never felt so much peace as that day that I announced there was only ONE God.

I had grown up in a home of dedicated christians but Islam was so different, I especially loved the

way the Qur'an was unchanged after more than 1400 years, to me this was amazing and a miracle

in itself. And most of all, the BROTHERS in Islam. Never had I experienced such a closeness, togetherness!

It was inspiring to go to the masjid and pray alongside men who were from all corners of the world,

and they were willing to do anything for a brother.

I was a muslim for the next two years. But now my lifestyle is completely different, and while a few

traits of a muslim remain with me and most likely will for the rest of my life, I am much much different

from what I used to be, no longer being able to call myself a muslim.

I'm posting this so maybe some discussion can be started and why converts leave Islam after embracing it.

I know for me personally it was 2 small questions I had that I never got the courage to ask the imam about,

eventually the doubt grew so large that it began to eat away at my faith. Also when I first embraced Islam,

I had a HUGE support group of people who would be there when I needed them, which was often as a beginner.

Then once I moved I left behind that support group and I must have been weak in faith if I depended

on others to pray with etc.

PropellerAds

Asalamu Alaykum...

May Allah make guide and help you, ameen!

Can you please tell us what those doubts were? :sl:

Imaan can sometimes weaken, but we have to keep united and be strong.

It important to realise, why we have doubts.

Inshallah, I hope we can help clear away your doubts here.

Please inform us of your doubt, and we will support you in removing your doubt.

May Allah (swt) bless you and remove all your doubts. Ameen.

I know for me personally it was 2 small questions I had that I never got the courage to ask the imam about, eventually the doubt grew so large that it began to eat away at my faith.

So what questions did you have??

Edited by Hasib

Assalamu Alaikum, There are times when we do not understand certain things, and it is a good idea to check them out with experts in that particular field. You could have asked those same questions here and gotten the answers.

I am a born Muslim, but there are a few rulings and aspects of Islam, which I am not able to understand, i put my trust in Allah, because He is the All Knowing, Alhamdulillah some things cleared up with time and there are others that are still not clear, inshaAllah one day they will open up to me, or I will understand the Wisdom of it when I die inshaAllah.

So like Hasib asked, what were the questions, maybe one of us can answer or find out the answer for you.

Take care, umAhmad.

Assalamo alaikum

Welcome back to the forum dear brother.

from what I used to be, no longer being able to call myself a muslim.

Please don't say that. As long as you're convinced that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is his messenger, you are still a Muslim. Not practicing Islam, like neglecting prayers or fasting is bad, but it doesn't mean 'you're no longer a Muslim'.

Probably all Muslims come across periods of ups and downs, and even doubts, at some point in their lives. Shaytan, the devil, is always there. Moving away from your support group, and surrounded with a new life style all made it easier for shaytan to weaken your faith. But hang on, insha'Allah you can fight back, and insha'Allah we help you regain your trust and strength.

Assalaamu 'Alaykum brother,

I'd second brother dot's post, Inshaa'Allah you could find support and strength through the help of this community. Feel at home and hopefully your concerns will be addressed but never feel that you're alone and that that's the end of it.

This reminds me of the following Hadith:

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is reported to have said, “If a person were to remain in prostration from the day of his birth until the day he died, to please Allah Exalted, then nevertheless on the Day of Resurrection he will consider this deed to be small” (Reported by Ahmad). Can you imagine, we can never Praise Allah enough for His bounties, simply because we cannot fully comprehend how blessed we are. That being said, we can't fully attain His Pleasure and this is why it is by His Mercy that we succeed. Our state and emotions change according to the type of environment we're situated in, sometimes it is the case that our environment causes weaknesses in our eemaan which is completely normal. We all tread upon this. In which case, hold firm and know that we're here to remove any doubts that you may have. By the will of God, the support this forum has to offer you will assist you to regain your confidence in your faith.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Dear Knottystevn

I am also a revert to Islam and as such maybe I can understand where you are coming from since I may have had similar questions to you at one stage or another. It would be beneficial if you could (as many brothers and sisters have already asked) let us know your questions!

I hope that we hear from you soon inshaa'Allaah!

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

We are here to answer your questions and support you , take a deep breathe , smile and ask us anything you want :sl:

Salam Alaikum brother

May Allah enlighten our hearts to the truth, may He open The doors of Mercy so that we all May see the Truth and live the Truth that is Islam.

My dear Brother I pray that Allah takes away the Veil from your eyes so that you may Return to the Truth as He is the Only one who Guides .. Aaameen

Brother we all are so earnestly here to see how we may answer your questions, please do ask us, We will InshAllah try our best to answer... The Rest we pray Allah to guide you and us alike.. Allahumma aameen

:sl:

I know for me personally it was 2 small questions I had that I never got the courage to ask the imam about,

eventually the doubt grew so large that it began to eat away at my faith.

Until, when they come (before the Judgment-seat), (Allah) will say: "Did ye reject My Signs, though ye comprehended them not in knowledge, or what was it ye did?" [27:84]

Assalamu Alaikum,

Bro, please tell us your questions. InshAllah, you will help others who may have the same questions as you.

A A WR WB,

I dont remember the story very well, but it was about a mujahid who had left Islam bc of an attractive roman woman. Muslims passing by asked him what he remembers of the quran, and he said that he didnt remember except one aayah: rubbamaa yawaddul ladiina kafaruu low kaanuu muslimeen!!!!!

Salam alikum brother

Can you ask your self why other reverts stay muslim ?

And always remember .. they shyatan 1st mission is to make muslims dont belive in god

Alot of muslims have the ups and downs through out their life brother ...

Salam alikm

Salaam,

When ones imam becomes weak he often thinks he is not a good muslim etc etc... We all do bad things now and again and we all make mistakes. Nobody is perfect if we where then we would be angels and not humans the fact that you acknowledge your problems and are aware of the problems they pose AND the fact you are speaking about it on a forum to me says that your more of a Muslim than you might think. Sure we should all be super holy and obedient to our creator but we are only humans and we do make mistakes. Its what you do with them mistakes that matters. Also don't be too hard on yourself, remember only God can judge and he his judgement will be fair.

Hello knottystevn, we all of us know that in the present complex world there are too many unanswered questions.

But it does not mean that a man can not find the true path.

There have been many such reverts who got all their doubts cleared.One such person was by name Mohammed Assad.

He was an Austrian jew converted to Islam.The amazing thing is that afterwards he studied the Holy Quran ,Hadith and

the other related literature,and became a scholar of Islam. His master piece is THE MESSAGE OF THE HOLY QURAN.

Pl take the time to read this holy book to understand the message of the Almighty God.

Further read his other book titled THE ROAD TO MECCA.I am sure that this book will definitely help you in

clear all your doubts.I can say that every revert should read this priceless book.

I know for me personally it was 2 small questions I had that I never got the courage to ask the imam about

I think I speak for all here....######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_bestsmileys(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/anxious/6.gif[/img] X2??????

peace

salaam brother:

with the feelings you shared above, you cant be enjoying ANYTHING... and just floating with the flow of time....

and welcome to the day-to-day self analysis that Islam brings with it..there is a honey-moon period after revrsion, and then as real life sets in, one has to make subtle choices/decisions and review one's own thoughts/intents/actions more critically..

..you are doing just that...you are doing just fine..but..with the feelings you shared above, you cant be enjoying ANYTHING... and just floating with the flow of time....

.the weak spots in your practice are already mentioned in your post..."support system"...that is mandatory...in surah aal-imran,(3rd surah of quran, last aayah/line)it is clearly instructed to seek and maintain a support system..

we , humans are DUTYBOUND to please Allah as a GROUP...singly...as you may have read in the quran, even the non-muslims ASK/pray to Allah when they are in distress/at a dead end....

so seek a group of muslims in your viccinity and say at least one congregational prayer in the local Masjid/day....the directions instructions in the line from surah aal-imran are ,"v raabitoo"...and wrap yourself around your support system....that ought to make you indifferent to how warmly they respond to you...you need the support, so you take pains to maintain it...please...and pray for me too...please.

salaam.

Salam

as u know brother each one has time his Imaan sometimes become weak....... ..

but dont say u r not muslim.........maybe this peroid like exam for u

May Allah show u the right path..and make ur heart more stronge with IMAan

inshallah

Allah bless u

actually people like to use desire rather than mind. so bear in mind, our mental strength must be good to mantain our faith especially nowadays. to many starange thing happen, in this heavenly world. always talking materialistical thing. so just pray to Him, alot.

salam alaykum wa Rahmatullah

Brothers and sisters.

I have Debate Channel on Youtube "truelightz"

Please Post your Questions here or on my channel :sl:

Islam is Fastest Growing religion in the world...ofcourse today world is Full of temptions and sin and Media are Only Propagating Bad habits...so sometimes people are Lead astray by lusts or By Misinformation.

So its very important to keep to prayers and Think positively.

Do Not Mix politics with what your Religion is....Not all 1.8 billions are representing Islam.

And Do remember that There are "cultural laws" that are not Islamic.

So educate yourselfs in full.

and Do state all Points of your doubt brother.

I debated Atheists and Christians and jews and bhuddists and Hindu and Taoists and Satanists"luciferianists" and humanists and Pagans of many kinds. etc etc

Islam Does win in debates because its Most wholesome way of life if not the only one :sl:

Peace to you all