Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ziggy99

Science Fair Topic

:D

Any ideas on a topic for a very ambitious 12year old for the Science Fair?? They're generally question based and the student seeks to answer it via an experiment and then results, discussion, conclusion etc

I'm stumped lol. We were thinking "number of apple seeds in each variety of apple" but that's not very scientific and kinda babyish sounding (?)

Any ideas appreciated :D

Edited by ziggy99

PropellerAds

salam wa alikum.

"I'm stumped lol. We were thinking "number of apple seeds in each variety of apple" but that's not very scientific and kinda babyish sounding (?"

lol...but what about which type of enzyme will produce the most apple juice. keep the type of apple constant, and obviosuly the amount of apple used, temp should be 40* as thats the avrage optimum temp for enzymes.

Gosh that sounds a little advanced slave (cuz she is 12) and i haven't done chem for many years. Can you please explain how u can take enzyme outta apple?! Are the substances supposed to separate or somthing? (there was some Malcolm in the Middle episode on this i think with blood separating to give the enzyme)

It sounds interesting, when u have time plz explain :D

I got this..is this what ur talking about?

Each source was cut up into 1cm3 sections and placed in four separate test tubes which each contained 5ml of H2O2. Observations were made on the physical evidence of what happened.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cheathouse(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/essay/essay_view.php?p_essay_id=59733"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.cheathouse(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/essay/essay_view..._essay_id=59733[/url]

Edited by ziggy99

Gosh that sounds a little advanced slave (cuz she is 12) and i haven't done chem for many years. Can you please explain how u can take enzyme outta apple?! Are the substances supposed to separate or somthing? (there was some Malcolm in the Middle episode on this i think with blood separating to give the enzyme)

i love watching malcome in the middle anway no your making it complicated lol not me.

the enzymes are not in the apple you have to get them sepreatly the school labs should be the first place to look.

and its not very advanced either unless you want it to be!. but to keep it basic:

- you need to point out is that enzymes speed things up. they are biological catalyst

- what is apple juice? (apple cells that are have broken there cells and are basicly crushed)

-industries need to make apple jucies fast with high yeild that means they need to get every bit of juice they can from an apple.

ENZYMES ALLOW THIS best of all they are reusable

a good enzyme will be fast at producing apple juice.

so its pretty straight forward obtain some enzymes 4 types should be fine. and find out which is the best at breaking down apples into juice. it should be kinda fun.

and no that link is not what i was talking about that seems a bit complicated.

Ohhh fascinating

Ok and where does one get an 'enzyme' from? Lol like in bottles/in food sheesh i left chem for a reason :D

oh school labs, ok so u just ask them? K will ask her to ask them. Doubt it but hey we'll see.

And so u take these enzymes, add them to apples and then what? Like how do u take out the juice? Put in food processor? Yes laugh at me.

Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

If you're VERY, VERY. VERY ambitious try making a rocket model. :D You might want to video-record its flight too.

Edited by Muezza

For the record, we ended up choosing "The effect of acidity on your teeth" on likewise, haven't really come up with title yet. Basically 5 teeth, one in each drink..so milk/water/energy drink eg:red bull/orange juice and good old coke. Keep for fortnight and analyse. Not v revoutionary i know but brings acidity/pH/sugar topics so kinda chemical twist.

Lol i luved making rockets in school! esp when our physics teacher made a huge one that landed on the principal's car!

Thank u so much muezza, slave and CS :D