Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tagrid

Fav Books And Fav Writers

Assalamu Alaikum.......

ok i know that this is an "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]islamic forum[/url] and everything has to be Islamic (i guess)

but there is no harm if we read other fiction books because they help us to improve our english skills (well for me they do). so in this place u can discuss the books you have read and discuss them and also recommend them.

DONT FORGET IslamIC BOOKS!!!!

Wassalam

PropellerAds

:D

ill say what i said before.

Dan Brown.

The Da Vinci Code.

enough said.

oh my goodness... :D

u actually liked The DA Vinci Code??? i thought Dan Brown could have done much better, and harry potter beats it anyday :D

oh my goodness... :D

u actually liked The DA Vinci Code???

not just me, about 2 million + people loved the book as well. And well, the way it was written, forget the information, the actual story, the twist after twist after twist. Is something J.K Rowling is not able to do.

Salaam,

Dan Brown is an amazing writer. Da Vanci Code is one of the best books out there and it's rated amazingly too! His other books are great too. I also like Angels and Demons, same author.

Peace

Salaam

The Glory of Iqbal by Shakyh Abul-Hasan Ali Nadwi

Read this and understand your elders better.

And also learn about:

Western Civilisation :D

Modern Education :D

Knowledge and Learning

Art and Architecture

The Perfect Man

The Place of the True Believer

Satan's Advisory Council :D

To the Arab Lands

The Masjid of Cordoba :D

Ardour and Eagerness

The Problem of Palestine

In Afghanistan

The Prayer of Tariq

To the Saqi

The Lamentation of Abu Jahl

Echo of Paganism

With Jamaluddin Afghani

At the Doorstep of the Prophet (PBUH) :D

Complaint and Prayer

Historical Truths and Allusions :D

Back cover notes:

Iqbal's poems in his early life acclaimed him as a rising poet on the literary horizon of the subcontinent. His brilliance later dazzled the eyes of people living in distant countries and won for him an honourable place amongst the immortal poets of the world.

It was after his return from Europe that he started his real poetic career. His transitory period was over. His ideas had matured and he had formulated his outlook on human aspects, which lasted, throughout his life.

"Asraari-Khudi" (Secrets of Self) and "Rumuzi-Bekhudi" (Mysteries of selflessness) trilled the literary circles of the East and the West. These poems deliver the message he has for mankind and deal with the development of the individual self and with the problems an individual faces as a member of society.

This book describes the life of Allama Iqbal who was. undoubtedly, one of the greatest Islamic thinkers of all times. He was, in fact, a genius-poet, philosopher, lawyer, educator, and reformer.

KH

2million people that need to open there eyes up to harry potter :D

ergh! i cannot stand those books! :D Its soo boring- harry potter that is.

the da vinci code sounds intersting. they making a film about it- adapated from the novel. i'll proabably pick up a copy during the summer, when college is over.

anyways my favourite book is malcolm x's autobiography. thats like my alltime classic book.

i like ian mc ewan. his books are good. he's style of writing is very deep and sometimes scientific sounding, but he has good plot lines. one of his was somewhat disturbing (it had incest in it :D :D ).

joanne harris is v.good. her books are usually about food. i love the way she personifes the food.

ok ok, u all seem to be against me with the harry potter...i just hope u see the way...soon

annyyyywayy erm what about dave pelzer books, 'a child called it' was the best

Assalamu alaikum,

Sorry sis Full moon but i have to join the "Harry Potter Suks" bandwagon!

A couple of books i enjoyed:

The Curious incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (inside an autistic child's mind)

Ar Raheeq Al Makhtoum (The Sealed Nectar)

Wa'alaikumu salam

ok ok, u all seem to be against me with the harry potter

yes we are :D sorry but its pants!

they were excellent- all three of them :D very sad though :D

although, i heard from people that apprantly he was lying and that didnt happen to him and that it was his one of his younger brothers who it happened too. They heard/saw it from somewhere.

dont know on the validity on those statements though.

Still havnt read the Da vinci code, I plan to as soon as I get some free time, I cant wait to make my mind up about it. But nothing beats pride and prejudice, Jane Austen is just so witty, I love how she writes.

I liked BLINDSIGHTED by Robin Cook

The Last Juror by John Grisham,

The Da Vinci Code was amazing

I thought arabs are stereotyped as bad guys in angels and demons?

Harry Potter rules,cant wait for bk-6

i cannot believe i didnt mention this book.

The alchemist - Paulo Coelho

enough said.

The Magus - John Fowles

The Collector - John Fowles (REALLY good book!)

Otherland - Tad Williams

The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien

Hostage to History: Cyprus from the Ottomans to Kissinger - Christopher Hitchens

ok ok, u all seem to be against me with the harry potter...i just hope u see the way...soon

I like the HP books :D

A child called it is a good book....all though it gets a little boring cause he keeps repeating the same things.

Sad sad sad though :D

I wanted to read the next book tho (but I keep forgetting to look for it)

These one books I really like...but I forget what they are called (they all have the word "queen" in the title)

and All Things Wise and Wonderful by James Herriot are good ( along with the rest of his books)

I used to love reading...

I dont really care about it too much anymore

currently reading "animal farm" for school

i take it nobody has read the alchemist then, by paulo coelho, that really is an amazing book, its all about following your dreams and how fate conspires to make your dreams come to reality when your heart is sincere and when you try hard enough.

Salaam alaykum,

Paulo Coelho is one of my favorite writers :D ...the Alchemist was the first book i read by him and got hooked on his writingstyle, i've read most of his books with the exception of Eleven Minutes wich i thought was a bit in bad taste and a few that hasn't published outside Brazil...his new book The Zahir will be out in english in just a couple of days, part of it takes place in Iraq...can't wait to read it! For those who can't wait(and if you know either german/french/italian or portuguese) you can read the first chapter of his new book on his website.

wa Salaam.

I like the HP books  :D

well done :D ...and the harry potter books like you too

lol i dont think it gets repetative because, everything that does happen to him is so shocking that each time u read it its like woaaaaahhhh and lol yeh there were loads of rumours that it wasn't true but i think thats just people being a poncy...

and maan i haaated animal farm :D

i take it nobody has read the alchemist then, by paulo coelho, that really is an amazing book, its all about following your dreams and how fate conspires to make your dreams come to reality when your heart is sincere and when you try hard enough.

I just bought the book :D after your recommendation

WAssalam

Hehe...I'm on the anti Harry Potter band wagon too. :D Also can't stand LOTR. I remember reading the first chapter of one 'em and I almost fell asleep.

I wanted to read Paulo Coelho's books..but never got around to it.

And the last book I got through reading was Grapes of Wrath.. :D I actually liked that book, and also liked The Pearl. :D

And for Islamic books, besides the Quran, I also liked Raheeq al Makhtum. :D

I just bought the book  :D after your recommendation

WAssalam

Excellent QuratulAin, i guarentee you wont be disappointed, after you have finished please do post what you think after :D

Of course, the most perfect book is the Quran. Just this topic is like to discuss any other english literature because the eloquency of a language comes from reading a lot of its books.

I've read it already and I liked it very much.

JazakAllah for pointing it out :D

Wassalam