Islamic Forum
Guest UnderCover_Brother

Nasheeds...

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

and other confrences where Men are sitting on one side and women are sitting on the other side, and women are on the podium giving a lecture

Ukthi...I totally agree with this point!! Its very worrying...Some Sheikhs even have non segregated classes...Auzubillah!

Also...i was watching Islam Channel to see if the Adhan had gone off yet...and i was a lil early...and they had nasheeds on....They was, like a bot band....singing...DANCING and had music...i just couldn't believe my eyes! They were clean shaven...Jeans wearing...."Cool" wannabees!! Auzubillah...it was scary to think i was watching Islam Channel!

Wa'Salam.

PropellerAds

I have to agree with you also brother.

A woman's voice is awra, she should not be singing nashids in front of a mixed audience.

Also, I see these men doing them on TV and I think they are starting to look like pop videos.

I think if they are used to spread the word of Islam, maybe they will appeal to a non-Muslim audience and therefore draw them closer, but Quran recitation is so much more beautiful.

I think we Muslims need to remember to have moderation in all things, it's ok to listen to nasheed, but it's much more important to listen to Quran.

:D

Very true!

I personally hate those qawalies and stuff... full music and clapping! and they singing name of Allah and Prophet. :a:

and the Islamic rap just disgusts me, why do they call it Islamic? whats so Islamic about it? the music? O_o

and the Naat and Hamds with the tune of indian songs...... :D terrible!!!

dont know where will we end up??

I liked Sami Yusuf's nasheeds, the ones like Allahuma, and the meditation.... but others with music.... :D :D

hows the use of Da'f in nasheed? is it allowed?

SALAM. AS YOU ALL WILL BE AWARE IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THERE HAS BEEN A SUDDEN UPRISE IN NASHEED SINGERS AND SONGS. I SAID IT THEN TO FEW BROTHERS IT WILL BE FITNA and it has. today we see these singers and groups touring diffrent countries playing concerts in diffrent cities i nfront of free-mixing environment. even at that glocal peace and unity confrence. they had these singers perform in front of mixed audience.

you have young muslim girls screaming and running after these people for their autographs.

its becoming like hthe kuffar how there pop groups singers tour countries have yung girls screaming for them.

i know this brother who used to do security for Islamic events. he quit his job after a concert where young muslimah's were trying to push them and get into these singers dressing rooms.

may Allah guide us stop us from these evil acts.

I'm not surprised LOL. Is the fitna greater for male singers or female singers? I can imagine male singers being more interested in a female singers body than her voice.

What about the non-Muslims here, what do thety think? Are fangirls for male singers more fanatcial than fanboys for female singers?

just shows..the day of judgement is coming...very soon.

If i see a nasheed "artist/group" who portray a western image..then im really put-off by them....

I prefer nasheeds that appeal to the heart not ears or eyes.

May Allah :D keep us all on the straight path, may He :D save us from the fitna's of the duniya and May He :D grant us all Jannah tul Firdus. ameen

:D :D

just shows..the day of judgement is coming...very soon.

yes :D

Salaam.

Islam is becoming too commercial. TV, artists, designer gear, events/tours, speed dating for marriage gathering etc, you name it, you can almost find everything out there in an Islamic version today.

It makes you wonder whether the initial thought for such a thing still lies, or is vamped over by the feeling we're doing something they do, but with an Islamic version/twist to it.

Salaam.

Islam is becoming too commercial. TV, artists, designer gear, events/tours, speed dating for marriage gathering etc, you name it, you can almost find everything out there in an Islamic version today.

It makes you wonder whether the initial thought for such a thing still lies, or is vamped over by the feeling we're doing something they do, but with an Islamic version/twist to it.

that is very very true...and sad in a way.

May Allah :D keep us all on the straight path, may He :D save us from the fitna's of the duniya and May He :D grant us all Jannah tul Firdus. ameen

Assalamu alaykum.

AMEEN.

Assalamu alaykum.

Topics Merged.

Ameen to the duas.

i met a nasheed group, "Shaam" i think they only use the drum in all their songs. after i bought one of their cds my friend said to me 'you should have gotten their autograph'....the thought came to me but it didnt feel right...i really dont care to have someone's autograph :D I cant stand Sami Yusuf's music...i get the impression that he is just profiting for the wrong reasons.

I think nasheeds overall are creepy and don't feel right. The only audio I hear for Islam should be Quran and Lectures right? THe only nasheed I've really liked is the :D one with the children singing. And thats because I understand what there saying!

In conclusion, when you want to lisen to a nasheed pick up a book about Islam instead. Learn about a Prophet or a Sahabee, Islamic history, the Day of Judgement or the Akhira. Learn some dua's! Listen to Quran recitation!