Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Super Easy Cheesecake?

:D

First off, I should mention that I'm just a young man and not good at cooking. I'm just trying to learn a little for fun, insha'Allah. :D

Anyway, I read this recipe for cheesecake and will put it in my own words. I wanted to get your opinion on it.

Take 1 package of cream cheese and let it soften (let it sit at room temperature for a while?). Then in a bowl, mix together to cream cheese and some sugar. After that's getting smooth, add a container of whipped cream and continue stirring.

Then you can take one of those ready-made pie crusts. Take the cream cheese mixture and spoon it into the pie crust. Finally, let it sit in the refrigerator for 3 hours...and then enjoy!

What do you think? Will it work out okay? If I try to make cheesecake, insha'Allah, I really want it to be this easy because I can't handle complicated cooking and will get discouraged if I mess up. I also get intimidated with long or complicated recipes. LOL.

PropellerAds

lol bro...thats sounds very interesting..it would probably be very good (someone else try it and tell me how it is...if bro insurrection has given us a terrible recipe...I dont want to waste my cream cheese on it) :D just kidding

It will probably be good....

It will turn out to be very fluffy though and it wont harden at all (like real cheesecake).

But I have tried recipies with cream cheese, sugar and whipped cream on a cake... very good :D

It will turn out to be very fluffy though and it wont harden at all (like real cheesecake).

Well, it will turn out like a cream pie then, huh? What if I baked it for like half hour, and then let it cool? That might mess it up. LOL. I don't know about this stuff.

I think if I use half the container of whipped cream and then let it cool for a few hours, it should at least be somewhat solidified.

If I try this, I'll let you all know how it turns out :D .

P.S. I need a tip first. How do I go about softening and "beating" the cream cheese in a bowl with sugar? If I pound on the cream cheese while it's in the packet, will that help soften it up? Can I use a big spoon to do the stirring, or do I need to buy a whisk?

:D for the tips. :D

P.P.S. I just checked for the recipe and I'm only supposed to use 2 cups of whipped cream. Oops. LOL. Good thing I checked first. "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.kraftfoods(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&Rpage=2&u1=keyword&u2=cheesecake&u3=**22*230&wf=9&recipe_id=64337"]Click here for the recipe from Kraft.[/url]

Oh brother, sorry I took so long to reply to this! I had completely forgotten about this.

Lol brother its sooo funny reading what you wrote.... :D

Well, it will turn out like a cream pie then, huh? What if I baked it for like half hour, and then let it cool?

bake it? lol no no no brother! I dont think the combination of just sugar, whipped cream and cream cheese can be baked....The outcome of what it would be.... would omg! it would just be a melted mess!

Hey bro, if your using that recipe, it says to refrigerate it :D

I need a tip first. How do I go about softening and "beating" the cream cheese in a bowl with sugar? If I pound on the cream cheese while it's in the packet, will that help soften it up? Can I use a big spoon to do the stirring, or do I need to buy a whisk?

If you just put the cream cheese in the microwave (try like 20 seconds first...if its not enough try a little more) (make sure to put it on a plate, just incase) and that should just soften it up some...

hmm Im thinking...it must be really hard to mix cream cheese with sugar by wisk...but I highly doubt you have a electric mixer :D .... (no a big spoon will not work....go and buy a wisk Insh'Allah)

I dont know much about baking or cooking..... but when it comes down to you and me, Im a pro lol :D

just joking

take care brother (if you make it, make sure to take a pic so we can see what you did..lol)

If I try to make cheesecake, insha'Allah, I really want it to be this easy because I can't handle complicated cooking and will get discouraged if I mess up. I also get intimidated with long or complicated recipes. LOL.

LOLL....don't be disheartened or discouraged..we all learn from our mistakes..

Well, I made the cheesecake using the "you can

I'm attempting to post a picture of my actual creation. :D I took the picture using a very cheap, $20 kid's digital camera. LOL. So the quality isn't the best. Then I uploaded the pic to ImageShack.

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_img124.echo.cx/img124/8316/strawberrycheesecake0se.jpg' alt='strawberrycheesecake0se.jpg'>

How does it taste? Well, I don't know yet. It's still sitting in the fridge. But :D I'll let you know the results of my taste test. :D

(I tried posting a reply just a minute ago but it didn't work...)

Anyway, I had a couple slices of pie and it was delicious. I almost can't believe I made it. It was creamier than ordinary cheesecake because of the whooped cream, but it still held together. A more appropriate name for this recipe would be "Strawberry Creme Pie." :D it turned out quite well. :D

Mash'Allah it looks soooo good brother! :D You did a great job Mash'Allah :D ( You didnt forget to save me a piece did you :D ? )

Good picture for a 20 dollar camera too! :D

Im dieing to make it now! :D :D I will!!! :D

:D brother

Assalamu walikum brother,

Nice to see a male practising his kitchen skills!!! Well done on the cream pie... looked nice. :D Hope you are inspired to carry on making other things!

For cheesecake I would personally have used Crushed Digestive biscuits... They taste better in a cheesecake base to me. Topped off with some nuts... i.e. pistachio, or almonds....

But your recipe sounded really nice!

Take care...

Assalamu walikum...

Your Muslim sis.

Mash'Allah it looks soooo good brother!  :D You did a great job Mash'Allah  :D  ( You didnt forget to save me a piece did you  :D  ? )

Sorry, little sis. Someone ate the last slice last night. :D I'm just glad that my mom and kid brother liked the pie because when others like your creations, that's like half the joy of cooking. :D

Oh, and thanks to you and eli for the compliments. :D