Islamic Forum
Insignia of Islam

2034 Character Limit

Salaam,

I understand how people posting whole articles from other sites has led to the limiting of characters in individual posts. 2034 characters is not a reasonable limit for me. I regularly go beyond this, without posting any articles, and have to break up what used to be one post into several smaller ones. The last post of mine, being responses to several people has had to be broken into 5 different posts. This is becoming a nuisance and my long posts in the magick thread "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=5577&st=700"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=5577&st=700[/url] are proof of what I say.

I hope even if the character limit is kept in place, it is increased in characters.

Peace

PropellerAds

:D

Trust me, even in cases like yours, where your writings are genuine and not copy&paste, posts have a higher readability rate when they are short. More people insha'Allah will read those 5 posts, compared to the number who would read if they were all stacked in one fat post, specially the younger generations, who like everything to be fast and short.

:D

Can i just say that in my personal case Insignia, yes i do rather read 5 bite size posts than one chunky one. Even if u mean well brother and i often enjoy your posts, i find them easier to read in 'parts' :D

Salaam,

That's OK sister. At the end of the day I guess it is about writing so that others will actually read it, and not to just write for the sake of it. Insha-Allah this forum is blessed and whatever happens to it will be for the best.

Peace

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,

I had a similar problem Alhamdulillah so Jazzak Allah bro dot :D

Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu