Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PTJ_MrQ

Pregnant Muslim Mother's Brutal Murder

Salaam

I remembering going to the masjid one Friday afternoon on December 17th, 2004. I sat in the musalla while the imam gave his khutbah. As usual, he ended his sermon and the congregation prayed the Jumah prayer. We sat restlessly, talking and catching up with friends, as we waited for the imam to give the Friday afternoon announcements. But on this seemingly typical day, the Muslim community of New Orleans and the attendants of the Abu Bakr al-Siddique Masjid would receive the most horrible and heartbreaking news. One of our beloved sisters, Iman Muhanna Mohamed, was brutally murdered. She was stabbed 33 times; fatal wounds that ended her life and the life of her unborn baby girl. I remember hearing the imam, shock and grief laden upon his voice, as he announced this tragedy to our congregation. I remember the sisters who were crying and the silence of those so appalled that they didn't know what to say or how to react. There are many things I remember about that day and such things continue to stay with me.

I rushed home to watch the news to see what the reporters would say. What did the police know? Was it a hate crime or a robbery? Were there any possible leads? With much sadness I must report that since that day, we do not know who has committed this crime. Unfortunately, I did not have the pleasure of knowing Iman Muhanna Mohamed. Our paths never crossed and the sadness of our community is a reflection of what we have lost with her death. Through reports on the news, internet searches, and warm stories told by friends, I began to develop a portrait of a faithful servant of our community. She and her unborn daughter were survived by her husband and two children. She received her education from the Islamic University of Gaza and served as a teacher at the Muslim Academy of New Orleans. She taught the Qur'an, the word of Allah subhana wa ta'ala, to our youth. She was loved by many and she will not be forgotten.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.iviews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles/articles.asp?ref=IV0505-2699"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.iviews(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Articles/articles.asp?ref=IV0505-2699[/url]

PropellerAds

Salam,

there is no way it is a robbery. If you stab someone 33 times you either hate them, or you're some kind of cold hearthed psycho. What is the police doing to find the person? No fingertips, no clues of any kind? This is hard to believe. Lets all make duwa that the perpetrator is found

:D

let me guess, USA has "condemed" that act?

israel has not right to exist,

im not joking, but have u ever talk to some one from israel? try it on the internet

9/10 swear at you and insult you, say u r british, they make such fake conversations and pretend they love your country. and they talk in Hebrew behind your back so obviously.

say u r muslim, and they insult ..

ist not for "their saftey and freedom",

i do, however, thank the Ones who dont support this Terrorist Zionsist reigme

"jews agaisnt zionists"

these are the people who want whats best in middle east.

let me guess, USA has "condemed" that act?

israel has not right to exist,

im not joking, but have u ever talk to some one from israel? try it on the internet

9/10 swear at you and insult you, say u r british, they make such fake conversations and pretend they love your country. and they talk in Hebrew behind your back so obviously.

say u r muslim, and they insult ..

ist not for "their saftey and freedom",

i do, however, thank the Ones who dont support this Terrorist Zionsist reigme

"jews agaisnt zionists"

these are the people who want whats best in middle east.

What .....does this have to do with the murder of the pregnant woman ?

Stabbed 33 times ? This is not a random crime .This is a crime of passion .

Look for the perpetrator to be someone she knew or someone who knew her .

Its obvious who does these attacks, ask yourself why more palestinans die then israeli's

but of course, you are to Free to know

Its obvious who does these attacks, ask yourself why more palestinans die then israeli's

but of course, you are to Free to know

I'm glad your not a cop. You've already convinced yourself that it was a hate crime. While I do not deny that that is a strong possability, there are other possabilities as well.

-"One must eliminate the impossable, then, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the answer."

---Sherlock Holmes.

:D Yank

I'm glad your not a cop.  You've already convinced yourself that it was a hate crime.  While I do not deny that that is a strong possability, there are other possabilities as well.

-"One must eliminate the impossable, then, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the answer."

---Sherlock Holmes.

Well I suppose some-one who quotes Sherlock Holmes can't be all bad!

No-one knows why this woman was killed, it is tragic and horrific.

Peace

"Its obvious who does these attacks, ask yourself why more palestinans die then israeli's

but of course, you are to Free to know "

Erm how is it obvious, for all we no it could have been her family. And from wot ive read about honor killings this seems the most likely option.

:D dear muslims

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_english.aljazeera(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/NR/rdonlyres/78A173E8-DBA6-4791-8DEE-A1A2776EE57C/76632/palastineEnRep220505.wmv"]Video od Continuing israeli Attacks against PAlestine civillians[/url]

Tell me what i should think ??

Allah (SWT) Knows best

Edited by crystal_sword

Crystal , I'll ask you again , WHAT does Palestine or Palestinians or israelis have to do with this thread - the murder on a New Orleans street of a pregnant muslim woman ??

You are off topic , and off the radar screen .

Do you claim to know WHO the murderer is ?

My my how fast we jump to conclusions without ANY evidence whatsoever , yet when "Other Crimes " are mentioned , with mountains of evidence , you and others on this board turn your head and make believe that evidence doesn't exist .

Awfully strange behavior , I would say .

But it's no mystery, nor is it strange , when I understand where it comes from and why .

Aight man, i may have jumped the gun blaming Zionist over this, sorry i was very angry , but do u agree with the fact Zionists attack palestine civillians or do u uspport israel?

Aight man, i may have jumped the gun blaming Zionist over this, sorry i was very angry , but do u agree with the fact Zionists attack palestine civillians or do u uspport israel?

I love the choices, I will agree that many israeli settlerd have been openly hostile to the Palestinian people, and have commited acts of violence against them.