Islamic Forum
paki_muslimah

Istikhaara ÇáÅÓÊÎÇÑÉ

i have a few questions about it..

1.when do u perform istakaara..

2.how do u perform it

3.whatever u see in the istakaara is it going to come true 100%? what if u see nothing at all

4.would u get gunah for going against it?

Edited by Al Faqeer

PropellerAds

Assalaamu 'alaikum,

For the first two questions...

"you can

Arabic:

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.makedua(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/i/026-74.gif' alt='026-74.gif'>

English translation:

On the authority of Jaabir Ibn ‘Abdullah he said: The Prophet (S) would instruct us to pray for guidance in all of our concerns, just as he would teach us a chapter from the Qur’an. He (S) would say ‘if any of you intends to undertake a mater then let him pray two supererogatory units (two rak’ah naafilah) of prayer and after which he should supplicate:

(i)

‘O Allaah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge and by Your power I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favour, for verily You are able while I am not and verily You know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allaah, if You know this affair -and here he mentions his need- to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless me with it, and if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it , and decree for me what is good wherever it be and make me satisfied with such.’

One who seeks guidance from his Creator and consults his fellow believers and then remains firm in his resolve does not regret for Allaah has said:

(ii)

‘…and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allaah…â€

The du'a to read is the bit labelled '(i)'.

I think you can do Istikhaarah when faced with any decision, be it big - like related to marriage - or relatively small... I know a brother who did it when he couldn't decide which project to do at uni, mashaa'Allah.

Wassalaam.

Edited by borbus

Transliteration:

Allaahumma Innee astakheeruka bi'ilmik

wa astaqdrika biqudratika wa asa'aluka min fadlika

al-'adheem faainnaka taqdiru wa laa aqdiru

wa ta'lamu wa laa a'alamu

wa anta 'alaamu al-ghuyoobi

allahumma anna hadha al 'amra

(this is where you state your question, dilemma etc)

khayrun lee fee deenee wa ma'aashee amrii

faaqdiruhu lee wa yassiru lee thumma baarik lee fihi

wa in kunta ta'alamu ann hadha al 'amra

sharrun lee fee deenee ma'aashee wa 'aaaqibati

amrii faasrifhu 'anee wa asfirnii 'anhu wa aqdir lee

al-khayra haythu kaana thumma ardhinii bihi

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

3.whatever u see in the istakaara is it going to come true 100%? what if u see nothing at all

Allahu'alim...istakhara does work for those who have patience and put their trust in Allah (swt). Those who state 'my calls were not answered' will surely not prosper.

Q4) I didn't understand what you mean...

Q4) I didn't understand what you mean...

what i mean to say is..say you see something bad in your istakara (i'm guessing that would mean you shouldn't do it)..what if you do it anyway?!

what i mean to say is..say you see something bad in your istakara (i'm guessing that would mean you shouldn't do it)..what if you do it anyway?!

:D warahmatullah wabarakatu,

Hmm...the only reason one should retreat from salah is if they farted ( :D ) or didn't have wudu. Other than that you should carry on the salah and correct your mistake or if you're dwelling on something other than focusing on the salah then you should repent. Istakara is just another prayer which isn't obligatory....i hope that is what you meant...wa allahu'alim.

:D

No, no no no that isn't what she meant! She meant, like, say you do istikharra to decide whether to marry a girl or not. You see in the istikharra, something bad, which means that you shouldn't marry the girl. She means, would you get gunah if you go AGAINST the istikharra and marry the girl anyway?

And does anyone have a recording of istikharra from Sudais, Shuraim or any other good recitor? I learn quickest through listening.

Edited by Samiullah

Since this looks like a 'benchmark topic' can i ask what to expect after making the supplication. Some people say dreams, others say there's a 'feeling'. Can someone please verify. Jazakallah.

Assalamu Alaykum, say you do Istikhaara, and it doesnt get answered that night, would you have to do the Istikhaara prayers again the next day, or can you just stay patience and expect it to happen sooner or later.

the misconception with isitkharah is that you get a dream. Whether you do or dont, i dont know, Allah :D knows best. You may recieve an inidication. If nothing happens, i think you should repeat the isitkhara.

Best time to perform salaatul istikharah is in the last third of the night, Subhana'Allah thats when Allah :D comes to the lowest heaven.

Hope that is of use.

the misconception with isitkharah is that you get a dream. Whether you do or dont, i dont know, Allah :D knows best. You may recieve an inidication. If nothing happens, i think you should repeat the isitkhara.

Best time to perform salaatul istikharah is in the last third of the night, Subhana'Allah thats when Allah :D comes to the lowest heaven.

Hope that is of use.

Assalamu Alaykum, Jazak Allah for the answer.

Assalamu Alaykum

:D Please read the information provided in these links:

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=41697&dgn=4"]Can istikhaarah prayer be performed at the time when prayer is not allowed? [/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=11981&dgn=4"]Istikhaarah prayer [/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=5882&dgn=4"]He prayed istakhaarah and did not feel anything[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=2217&dgn=4"]How to pray istikhaarah [/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=9588&dgn=4"]Should a Muslim pray istikhaarah concerning matters that are compulsory? [/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=410&dgn=4"]Repeating Istikhaarah prayer and experiencing a dream [/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicircle(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/skills/Istekharah.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicircle(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/skills/Istekharah.htm[/url]

wa eyyakum sister

Assalamu alaikaum

Can you say istikhara in your own words and in English?

(Since it's not part of the 2 rakat salah?)

i rarely have any recollection of dreams, and my sleep patterns are so bad. so when i do istakharra i have to write down stuff instead. and i mean loads of pages very fast. i have no idea what i am writing until i get to the end and read it back. very strange indeed.

luffy, i try to read it in arabic, but my pronunciation is sooooo bad, i usually read it in english.

Asalaamo aleykum,

If a sister has her menses, and she needs Istikhara as soon as possible, is there any way she can do that ? Or can she do Istikhara as a Duaa only then ?

Jazaka Allahu geiran,

waleykum assalaam,

Well the sister should wait till she can pray. Thats all i know of.

sister i have heard the same coz wen u pray salaatul istikhara you have to make 2 nawafil and then read the dua...so yes :D u do have to wait untill you stop your menses...

AOA Everyone.

There are two incidents in which the Istihhaara was preformed and in one there was no indication and the other one it came out good. Here it is in detail:

One mother preformed Istikhara for her daughter’s marriage and she didn't feel or see anything negative. After she was done, she came to a decision to marry her daughter off to the guy. They set the date for the wedding, did all the shopping, sent out the invitations. About 3 days before the Nika was to take place they discovered that the guy had been lying to them. They discovered that he had several surgeries and was ill. He had hid his illness from them. The whole thing ended. I guess it was a good thing they found out before the wedding took place. My question is why did it even come to that? When she did the Istikhara, why did she feel to go ahead with it? It was sort of an embarrassment for them to call people up and inform them the wedding was canceled. The girl and her family are devastated.

Other incident:

The father of the bride, who is a Molvi himself preformed the isthakara. It came out positive.

The girl who is quite religious herself and a great (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_glossary/glossary_m002.html#Muslim"]muslimah[/url] and a person, herself did it and came to the same result. The marriage took place. The guy was highly educated and quite religious. He had a beard and seemed like he would make a great husband.

Well six years a couple of children later, we found out that throughout the marriage he beat her. Mistreated her. Abused her. Beat her so much she needed medical attention at times.

She was an obedient wife and didn’t do or go against him in anyway to cause him to mistreat her. He was just evil and an animal.

So my question is, why did the isthikhara come out positive?

Edited by Sofiaa

Can someone clarify something for me?

When exactly is the duaa read?after i finish the two rakats?

and for the part in which you insert your own words ( ie your situation), does that have to be in arabic?

okay, i found the answer to the first question, that it is to be done after.

I'm still unsure about the second one though!

A good idea is to keep a compass with you in the car. One time I went to go buy a cell phone and I decided that before I make a major purchase like this and commit myself for 2 years, that I should pray istikhaara. Alhamdullilah, I knew which way was North, so I knew the direction. But right after that I bought a compass for the car that sticks to my windshield so if that situation comes up again, and I don't happen to know the direction I'm in, I will know! Just a recommendation