Which Fatwa?

Which fatwa do you agree with?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which fatwa do you agree with?

• A Haram
    • B Not Haram

:D

Question

He works in a factory that makes tight and short clothes for women. Is it permissible for him to work there, or does he have a share in the burden of sin?

Fatwa A

It is haraam for him, because he is cooperating in sin and transgression.

Fatwa B

"Generally speaking, we can say that there is nothing wrong in working for such a factory especially when there is no means to work in other places and you don't have moral qualms about such work. If it is the other way round, then you are permitted to leave the place.

Having said this, no one can claim that such work in this factory is haram or unlawful because of the mere making of tight and short clothes as a Muslim woman may wear such short and tight clothes for her husband in private, and even in case short or tight clothes are made in public, then the sin is on the woman who wears them."

Fatwas quoted in their entirety (so yeah, fatwa 1 is just one line).

Which fatwa do you agree with? And why, based on your own knowledge and understanding as you don't have access to anything else apart from these two fatwas from scholars - who have access to everything.

This is more a personality quiz (just on what you know and your feelings) and NOT a fiqh discussion, so let's not go there please. If you want to go "there" then post in advanced Islamic discussion.

PropellerAds
Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

If they are both Fatwas...Hmm...then that means they both in there own way is right, unless one of them is given by the average joe!

If i personally was in this situation i would understand it would be hard to do the right thing, whether i could easily get another job or not. For me it comes down to the feeling i have in my heart. For one thing if i am asking these sorts of questions then one must assume that there is some guilt or unease within me! This is one reason why i would have choosen Fatwa 1. Another reason i believe is the fact that we live i the west and hence these type of clothings will predominantly be worn by the "Naked" people withing the country! These types of clothings will hardly be used by one who just wants to please her husband and no one else! For this reason again, i chhose Fatwa 1, as we can't then go and comaplin how hard it is in this dunya because women are dressing nakedly...then we go and sell/make these clothes...knowing the majority would buy these types of clothing in public!!

Wa'Salam.

19 views and only 2 votes???

You lazy....

I agree with number 2, and the reason is ONLY because women can wear tight and short things in front of their hubbys.. (so your intention could Insh'Allah just be for that)

If some people come and buy some of those clothes and wear them outside, I dont think its your fault..

However I believe selling anything else that can not be halal in any way, as being haram...

Your saying this is a personality test? (Hmm even though I agree with B, I think I am more of an A personality)

Allahu alam

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Lolz...at sister Muhahada....your keeping safe...just incase Bro Ahm pounces and calls someone a silly billy for choosing x!! So much Hiqmah from someone so young!! Lolzzzz

Wa'Salam.

I agree with Fatwa B, it is more detailed. And it is more friendly. Fatwah A is of the type of fatwahs that just scares people who are new to Islam away, making the deen seem difficult.

:D wrwb

yeh i'm with Fatwa B...

it's not wise to call something haraam when it's not clearcut... and i like what the Sheik (?) said about wearing it for the husband.

so are u gonna tell us where these came from? or is that at the end?

edit: actually i've found out where Fatwa A came from, just don't know about Fatwa B

Edited by saufia

i would have to agree with fatwaa B, because it depends more so on your intentions. Are you wearing it for your hubby, or for everyone outside?

I thinkkk..and I could be wrong...Fatwa B is from IslamOnline.com? :D

I agree with Fatwa A, even though Fatwa B does make a valid point. But mainly women who wear it aren't wearing it because they're doing for their husband. They're wearing to the world.

Personally...I wouldn't wear tight clothes for my husband...lol. I can wear pretty things that aren't tight.. And I soooo wouldn't my kids to ever see me wear tight clothes.. :D

Voted B. I think depending on someones circumstances, say maybe thats the only job they could get I think that rather than be left useless and unable to support their family they should work there. And you cant make something Halal for one person and Haram for another, so I think it isnt haram and that people should use their own common sense about whether or not they'd have a part in it.

My first thoughts are such clothes are not haram, I mean worn in the privacy between husband and wife it's ok, as opposed to alcohol - even if your wife drinks alcohol and uses riba with her husband in private it is still haram. Also hijab is NOT for non-Muslim women, (It's not even for ALL Muslim women either).

It is a GREY AREA. But it is about someone's livelihood. Fatwa B addressed that if there are no other means of work, it's ok to stay. But it didn't go as far as saying it is haram, it is a grey area, so it is upto the individual based on their circumstances to avoid it - and not for people to say it is haram.

I found Fatwa A is silly, it's like no intelligence or responsibility behind it. It's the web and people from different circumstances will view this, and you've legislated, made law that this is haram for everyone - but fatwas are meant for individuals aren't they?

Another example

I would like to know if a Muslim girl or woman can ride a bike as a means of transportation?

Fatwa C (from the same place as "A" as it happens *cough*)

I think that she should not, because it is possible for others to catch up with her or follow her.

The above C is just terrible. People from all over the World are reading this, unless this site is just for people from a certain country - but then there should be a disclaimer saying fatwas applicable to X country only. Also you think, hang on, if applicable globally, what about walking? I'm sure you can catch up with someone who is walking? And who are these "others" that may catch up with her? LOL

Fatwa D

It is noteworthy that Islam deals with women on an equal footing with men. At the same time, Islam pays much more attention to protecting women against any harm. Islam sets certain rules in order to safeguard Muslim women against immorality and indecency and to preserve their chastity. Therefore, it requires women to stick to the Islamic code of dress and to observe haya’ (modesty) in their walk, speech, and conduct.

As regards riding bikes by women we'd like to state that riding bikes, cars and other means of transportation is in itself permissible. In the pre-Islamic era Arab women used to ride camels. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: ‘The best women who rode camels are the women of Quraysh. They are the best to show affection towards children and to care for their husbands' wealth.’

The only condition is that women should stick to the Islamic manners while riding the bike. She should abide by the Islamic code of dress and she should not sit on the same bike behind or in front of a non-Mahram male, for this leads to forbidden touching.

Also, this practice may have something to do with the culture of a certain society. In some societies it is common that women use certain means of transportation rather than others.

“If riding a bike or a horse is a common practice, if the horse or bike is the method of transportation in the local area, and if the woman can ride it without revealing any of her `Awrah (parts of her body that should not be exposed in public), then the answer is yes, the woman may ride it.â€

Yeah, that's more like it. It's like addresses people from all over the world, gives an example from the sunna/Islamic tradition aswell. Bet you can tell it is from same place as fatwa B LOL

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Fatwa A, Islam Q&A right?

and

Fatwa B, IslamOnline...yeah?

Lolz...ukthi its not about whtehr it is more "Friendly" or "Detailed."

Wa'Salam.

Lolz...ukthi its not about whtehr it is more "Friendly" or "Detailed."

Actually, I admit that was not a good way to put it. But I still think fatwah B is a better fatwah, because it has more information, fatwah A only said it is haram, khalas. I would like to know more about why it is haram. I would like a little more than one line from a fatwah.

Allah (swt) did not address His words about the hijab except to the believing women, Al-Mo'minat. In many cases in the Qur'an Allah refers to the "the believing women". Aisha , the wife of the prophet (), addressed some women from the tribe of Banu Tameem who came to visit her and had light clothes on them, they were improperly dressed: "If indeed you are believing women, then truly this is not the dress of the believing women, and if you are not believing women, then enjoy it."

Is fatwah A really from Islam Q&A ? That site is usually very good, it gives hadeeths nad verses from the qur'an. Why the one line fatwah now? It looks more like a fatwah from askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Edited by sis Qassab

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

"cooperating in sin and transgression."

Also ukthi the BOLD text above, is it Quran or Hadith?

Either way, this is talkign about wearing clothes of that sort, not selling clothes or making them to be sold.

Fee Amanillah,

Wa'Salam.

It's from a hadeeth.

Anyways, would you say it is haram to make "make up" too? It would probably be used by non muslim women in public so that they look good. What about perfume? A woman who wears perfume and passes by non mahram men is a fornicator, isnt that what the hadeeth says? Then that would be haram too right?

So making tight clothes, make up and perfumes is haram...........because you can't controle it if people uses the "halal" things that you make to do haram things with. :D

Edited by sis Qassab

Guest amani

hmm

if you look through the Islamqa site you will see women wearing short,tight clothes is haram

and also wearing top and trousers is frowned upon.

so he would have given his answer according to his understandings of women wearing tight clothes? :D

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Thats a good point actually! Allahu'Alom!

Wa'Salam.

hmm

if you look through the Islamqa site you will see women wearing short,tight clothes is haram

and also wearing top and trousers is frowned upon.

so he would have given his answer according to his understandings of women wearing tight clothes? :D

Really? No wonder then that he would say that working in a factory that makes tight clothing is haram, he considers wearing such clothes haram as well. Interesting. :D

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Wearing trousers? In Public? As a muslimah i would kinda think it is strange for you to wear something that reveals your shape of your legs as well as imitating what men wear?

Wa'salam.

Assalamu'Alikum,

Wearing trousers? In Public? As a muslimah i would kinda think it is strange for you to wear something that reveals your shape of your legs as well as imitating what men wear?

Wa'salam.

Was that directed at me? If so:

I dont see anywhere in my posts where I claimed wearing trousers in public is ok for women, do you?

But if it wasn't then, ignore this post.

Edited by sis Qassab

even though i voted fatwa B as it truely depends on the person wearing the skirt and their intentions, i personally would have a guilty conscience but voting fatwah A iz abit too extreme.

... more of a religiuos intelligence test?

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Akhie, who are you to judge people on their choice of Fatwa?

You are judging their Intelligence? Wha Blew Babau Lu?

Fee Amanillah,

Wa'Salam.