Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

A Hearty, Delicious Slow-cooked Meal

:D

Cooking can be a difficult thing for some people, and discouraging if one messes up. :D I got myself a slow cooker (i.e. crock pot) for just under $10 on sale. It's only 1.5-quart, and it's very basic. You just plug it in and unplug it. LOL.

Anyway, with a slow cooker, you basically just put your ingredients in and then go about your other work. Then after you finish your stuff, you can sit down and enjoy a nice, hearty, home-cooked meal. :D Plus, the slow cooking can create a nice aroma in the home. And if I could make a meal using a slow cooker, then probably anyone could.

I'd like to share a recipe with you that I concocted all on my own, :D .

- 12 to 14 pieces of lamb or beef stew, thawed & washed

- 1 can Hunt’s diced tomatoes & mushroom (14.5 oz.)

- ½ fresh onion, chopped

- ½ fresh green pepper, chopped

- 1 teaspoon salt

- ½ teaspoon pepper

- ¾ spoon oregano

- ¾ spoon thyme

- ¾ spoon basil

Basically, just take the above ingredients and throw them into the slow cooker. Use a wooden or metal spoon to stir everything up. Plug in the slow cooker and let it cook for 4 hours. If you have a high/low switch on your cooker, you'll want to use the high setting.

You can be creative with the slow cooker. For the above recipe, you're free to add other spices or herbs than what I've listed. You can also add different vegetables. Just have fun with it. :D

PropellerAds

Walikum Assalam...

Nice one bro... Will try it out sometime... It sounds delicious...

thanks for sharing...

Oh yeah, do you have that on its own or with something? I.e. rice, bread, pasta??

Assalamu walikum,

Your Muslim sis.

:D

Thanks for the reply. :D I had that meal with rice. But I suppose one could have it with pocket pita bread, as well. :D