Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Pomegranates!

:D

I guess I'll post this in the Dessert section since there isn't one specifically for fruits. LOL. Anyway, has anyone tried pomegranates? I don't think I've ever had one, but they seem delicious. Evidently there are many juicy "seeds" or something inside the fruit that you eat. I think I'd like to get one :D . :D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.pomegranates(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/nomess.html"]Click here to learn about pomegranates.[/url]

PropellerAds

Oooh, pomegranates are tasty. :D

I've never ate ppomegranates in any food, just raw, but those recipes do look nice!

Jazakallah khair for sharing! :D

:D wr wb

Anyway, has anyone tried pomegranates? I don't think I've ever had one, but they seem delicious. Evidently there are many juicy "seeds" or something inside the fruit that you eat. I think I'd like to get one  :D .  :D

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.pomegranates(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/nomess.html"]Click here to learn about pomegranates.[/url]

glad i saw this since i never knew they were called pomegranates... the name sounds quite exotic and that picture makes them look very nice...

BUT they're not all that nice... they're ok, but very messy and the effort of trying to get them out isn't worth the taste... although the method given by the web site might be good...

anyway, don't worry if you die without having tasted these... they seriously aren't worth all the attention given on that web site... LOL that web site made me laugh!

out of interest, how did u get that web site?

Hmm...well, depends on what type you got sis... When its over-ripe its over-ripe its not the best to eat. But when it ripe, and opened right its really nice. :D Its messy slightly, but it is tasty..to me anyway. :D :D

Oh, and you'll might want to read this article on pomegranates..

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=3492"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=3492[/url]

out of interest, how did u get that web site?

My mama was trying to remember what fruit this was. I did some research on "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]Google[/url] and found it. I'd still like to try a pomegranate, :D .

:D wr wb

shukran sister mm_ca04 for the "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.geocities(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mutmainaa/food/pomegranate.html"]article[/url]

i never knew they were mentioned in the Quran or by our beloved Prophet :D

yikes! i have to say i was wrong :D ... pomegranates really are rubies! :D and i will eat lots and lots next time knowing that they are from the Bounty of Allah :D

yeee...pomegranates are soo nicee... lol... but i hate having to take them out...they fly all over the place..lol.. and they stain your clothes..lol...

i never knew either that they were mentioned in the Quran or by our beloved Prophet s.a.w.w.

well that's me set out to eat them for the rest of my life...lol...inshallah..

Assalamu walikum...

Pomegranates are gorgeous... I just wished that the seeds were bigger than they actually are!!! :D They are sweet, juicy and just simply delicious. When I was young I used to call them 'Onion fruit', I guess I thought they looked bit like an onion!!!

I think they are an exotic fruit... Someone know where they originate from?

Assalamu walikum,

Your muslim sis. :D

They are sweet, juicy and just simply delicious. When I was young I used to call them 'Onion fruit', I  guess I thought they looked bit like an onion!!!

lolzz... i used to call them that aswell!!..... :D ..... hmmmmm originate from?...... i managed to find this...

Origin: The pomegranate is native from Iran to the Himalayas in northern India and was cultivated and naturalized over the whole Mediterranean region since ancient times. It is widely cultivated throughout India and the drier parts of southeast Asia, Malaya, the East Indies and tropical Africa. The tree was introduced into California by Spanish settlers in 1769. In this country it is grown for its fruits mainly in the drier parts of California and Arizona.

.... abit to complex... lol... newayz wherever there from they're fab!.. :D

:D everyone! :D

So I finally got a couple pomegranates. It did take some work to open one and get all the little arils out. I got tips off a web site. I cut off the top part (the crown), then sliced parts of the sides. I placed it in a bowl of water, then peeled it apart and removed the arils. I then poured it all into one of those filter things (I can't remember the name, but it's a common kitchen utensil) to drain the water.

The pomegranate is interesting. The things inside this one were kind of sweet, but also had some tartness to them. There were plenty inside. If you eat the whole thing, meaning eating the seed also, then you get fiber from it.

Here's a picture I took:

Pic005.jpg

JazakAllah kair for sharing bro! :D

They certainly are delicious Subhan'Allah. :D

A little off topic, has anyone ever tried Custard Apple? :D ITS TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!!!

Eliza

Salaams i seen custard apples in shop and thought i try one but i was to scared to lol and they expensive here in australia... we have pomegranat tree at home it has masses of fruit but we dont seem to be eating them they are so tricky and picky to eat. my dad said that in every pomegranat there is one seed from heaven he said its good to eat the whole thing so you eat the one from heaven and you get blessings has anyone else heard this before or is my dad just making it so i dont waste the fruit