Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
powerfantastic

Just Amazing!

Assalamu alaikum my dear brothers and sisters!!

I purchased a DVD lecture from our Islamic Bookshop the other day and i just wanted to share something from it with u inshallah...

The DVD was 4 brothers telling their reversion stories.....after that brother Bilal Assad (from melb) gave a talk. So one brother was telling his story...He mentioned how one particular year he had a hard time...so he started asking himself "Why am i here, whats the purpose of life?"..

ssssso he started looking in2 different religions but wasnt really satisfied with them. When he came across Islam he was really starting to think that he had found the right way...So he was almost convinced that Islam was the way but he just needed a bit of a push...

So one night he sat by himself at home one summer night with the wondow open and a candle lit......(he was trying to set the mood!!!)LOL...anyway he sat there with a translation of the Quran and then said to Allah "O Allah this is it, I'm almost there but i just need a little sign....just one little sign, maybe the side of the house could fall down or something" that way he would really be convinced.

So he said to Allah "OK....GO!"..and he waited 4 something to happen....but he got NOTHING! So he was a bit dissapointed so he said "Allah, this is ur chance (keep in mind he's saying this in ignorance) I'm not going anywhere...ok, maybe the sign can be smaller.....maybe a bird could fart outside" (LOLOL).....then he said "OK.....GO!"..and he waited and still got NOTHING!!! LOL

So he was feeling a little shattered. Then he decided to pick up his Quran and continue to read. Subhanallah the very first verse that he read was

"For those of you who ask for signs, havent We given you enough already, look around you, look at the stars look at the sun look at the water, theses are the signs of the people of knowledge!!!"

After he read that he became so scared that he threw the blanket over his head and pretended he was asleep!!!LOL

ALLAHU AKBAR!

WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT MAN REVERTED THE NEXT DAY ALHAMDULILLAH! Just wanted to share that with u sisters as it touched my heart and made me cry sooo much...surely Allah is the Most Merciful!!!

PropellerAds

:D

That is amazing sis. It was fantastic. May Allah reward you for posting.

SUBHANALLAH .. thats the most amazing thing i've ever heard of ... !

Subhanallah, truly amazing, jazakallah kair very much sis

i was thinking, it was from DVD, so is it halal if u tell us this ?

sorry if its stupid :D

Edited by crystal_sword

Subhan Allah! Alhamdilla! That's one of the funniest coolest stories I heard! :D

Crytal Sword: I don't think that's a stupid question! Now I'm curious about it too!! :D

^ I just noticed that crystal sword is a brother. Please excuse the hug emoticon.

Subhaan'Allah. :D Shukran for relating this inspiring story, sis.

Bro Solidsnake, the verses are from surah Al-Baqara, (and maybe sis powerfantastic can confirm?) as follows:

2:118 Say those without knowledge: "Why speaketh not Allah unto us? or why cometh not unto us a sign?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike. We have indeed made clear the signs unto any people who hold firmly to Faith (in their hearts).

and..

2:164 Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which Allah Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are signs for a people that are wise.

:D sis for sharing this with us ... Subhallah...

i laughed with tears in my eyes, must be a funny brother!!

:D :D :D :D That was a great story!

It reminded me of this aya I found once:

2:210 Will they wait until Allah comes to them in canopies of clouds, with angels (in His train) and the question is (thus) settled? but to Allah do all questions go back (for decision).