Islamic Forum
*eli*

Query From My Brother...

Assalamu walikum brothers and sisters...

My youngest brother came over to stay with me for his school holidays. Whenever he comes he asks questions to increase his knowledge of Islam. Masha'Allah he is trying so hard to become a good Muslim even though it is difficult for him as he has no support at home.

So as usual he came up with a question, which I could not answer. I thought you all and told him that I would ask you all and let him know ASAP.

He is in doubt about whether he is allowed to wear a tie. According to someone, (I cannot confirm whom) we muslims are not allowed to wear a tie as its something that the Christians started off through Jesus. I would just like to know whether or not this is true or if there is any other reason why ties are not allowed to be worn. Reason being, he is attending a school wear it is compulsory to wear a tie as a part of the uniform, but since hearing this, he has been thinking about it every time he puts his tie on!

I hope you will help me, to help my brother and advise him as best as possible.

Thank You for you time.

Assalamu walikum....

Your Muslim sis.

PropellerAds

Salamz sister. I hope u r doing well.

I dont think it's haram, as long as the tie is not silk. I've never heard anywhere that it's haram, and my dad wears one all the time.

Inshallah I think this is correct.

Salamz

:D

Dr Zakir Naik was asked this, i think he said 'bring me one evidence it symbolises christianity'.....

Anywayz i think we should try our best to wear the sunnah clothing..

Dr Zakir Naik was asked this, i think he said 'bring me one evidence it symbolises christianity'.....

Anywayz i think we should try our best to wear the sunnah clothing..

Assalamu walikum brother...

My brother does try to wear Sunnah clothing, however, attending an English school in the western world is not easy. He hates having doubts thus is asking this question.

Thank you for your replies!

Sister JK_89 Insha'Allah you're right. I know also that silk is haraam for men, but his tie isn't silk I know that for a fact. He is also aware of this fact, Masha'Allah.

My dad also wears ties, but he just doesn't care about this kind of stuff. He would just laugh at my brother, this is why he has come to me. I would like to encourage him and praise him for being so sincere in learning and practising our religion.

Assalamu walikum,

Your Muslim sis.

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Salamz sister. I hope u r doing well.

I dont think it's haram, as long as the tie is not silk. I've never heard anywhere that it's haram, and my dad wears one all the time.

Inshallah I think this is correct.

Salamz

Just as i was thinking.

Wa'Salam.

There is dress according to shariah, as long as that is met it's ok.

Wasn't the sunnah clothing worn by pagans, christians and jews aswell at that time?

Please read the following Fatwas :

1) "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=38770"]Is Wearing Neckties Permissible?[/url]

2) "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=110076"]Does Wearing a Necktie Represent the Cross?[/url]

InshaAllah it will clear the misconceptions many people harbor. Allahu Alim

Wearing a tie has come to be one of the few controvercial topics many people just ignore. Basically before anything, I must say that according to a hadith... when in doubt , abstain.....

This is a general ruling towards many things whcih boggle our hearts.

My discussion with Mufti Yunus Bobat was concerning tropheys but this topic crept in and he explained to me a few points worth mentioning here.

Any act that is known to some nation other than muslims become their Shi`aar. and we have been ordered to take a different path then them. now in case of the neck tie, though it was an act associated to non muslims, but over the time it has become a common practice among everyone, muslim and non muslim. Since there was not Legal ruling on the tie, it could not be attributed as a Shiaar(symbol) of a non-muslim nation.

However, still it will be a disliked act in Islam as it is something contrary to the Sunnah.

Q. Is it permissible in Islam to wear a tie,does it represent the cross.

A. Wearing ties nowadays has become a general practise. Muslims and non-Muslims wear it. Therefore, it is not Haraam.

However, it is not free from karaahiyat (reprehensibility). (Fataawa Mahmoodiyah vol.12 ph.407)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Just wanted to add one thing.. Dr. Zakir Naik is not an authority in Islamic Studies. He is a comparative Religion Speaker. His neither a Faqih, nor holds any credibility in making Fatawa.

It is better to refer to actual Ulema in the field like Mufti Taqi Uthmani(Pakistan) , Mufti Ebrahim Desai (South Africa) , Mufti Nawal ur Rahman ( Chicago ), Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari(UK)