Islamic Forum
crystal_sword

Ghusl/wudhu/salaah Problems

:D

I have a major problem when doing stuff like Ghusl, Wudhu

it takes me like almost 2 hours to do Ghusl, coz i keep thinking that "its not clean, or i need to Clean it more to make sure.

and with my wudhu, it takes me long to do Wudhu sometimes.

Because i feel that my intention is not pure etc.

Even when i say stuff like" Bismillah" before doing it it takes me like 5 mins itself coz i think its not being said with intention.

this is affecting me Islamically, coz i like read at home, coz i know it will atke me a while to do my wudhu at home.

even with Salaat, i sometimes repeat thing coz "i may have said it wrong, or not with intention"

What should i do

i was thinking for ghusl, can i just put soap over the body, and put shower head over it. instead of rubbing it all day, coz the sopa will clean it Insha'Allah and the showerhead is quite forceful

Edited by crystal_sword

PropellerAds

Brother,

Why do you think your intention is not pure? Insha'Allah you should begin with a clear mind, with the reason why you are doing Wudhu or ghusl, and Insha'Allah you will be clean and purified.

Sometimes there could be an underlying problem. Try and think why you take so much time to perform ghusl. If the water is clean, and you've used soap and done Wudhu to complete ghusl then should there be any further doubt brother?

Your muslim sis

Assalamu-alaykum,

Subhanallah. I dont see this as something wrong; doing your best in perfecting your acts of ibaadah is something that will definitly not go unrewarded.....you hardly see people taking the time to make their wuduu perfectly or perform their prayers for more than 5 minutes or so....You know how the saying goes:

Thats just my $0.02....

Jazakallah Kair for your reploes :D

yeah it kills me when sum1 says "it takes about 10 mins to do Ghusl"

I keep thinking if i do it quick, Then its not coz i want to be Clean, i just want it over and done with

Please do Du'aa that Allah (SWT) makes Ghusl very easy for me

Edited by crystal_sword

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_mentalhelp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/poc/center_index.php?id=6"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_mentalhelp(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/poc/center_index.php?id=6[/url]

AsalaamoAlaykum brother,

I pray u are in good health and emaan.

About this problem of urs, i had it also. i too used to take forever making ghusl, wudhu and salah. i had similar doubts, such as cleaniness, if its done properly, and re-cleaning again n again! subhanallah, sounds crazy thinking back.

and with salah, kept repeating my words incase i said it wrong.

I can only advice u from my experience, no.1 about ghusl go find out specifically from the authentic hadith how the prophet sallalahoalayhiwasalam made ghusl and wudhu, the fard and sunnah (recommended) actions. then when you do your ghusl or wudhu,if doubt kicks in just remember to do the fard. and slowly u'l be fine,

and with intention, just say it once in ur heart,NOT by tougue, and the fact that ur about the do ghusl or wudhu is an intention.

all these doubts and confusion is from the shaitaan, so make loads of zikr to Allah throughout the day, to keep the shaitaan and jin away from u and keep ur heart smiling with the beutiful remeberance of Allah.

ok about salah now, this takes time, you need to just focus, go into a room with no distractions and clear ur mind, again read the authentic hadith of the actions our prophet sallalahoalayhiwasalam performed in salah, this clears ur mind from doubt, and inshallah ul b fine

and most importantly, make dua to Allah. He hears all our duas, supplicate to Him and ask Him to help u through this time ur goinf through. supplicate to Him in two places of ur salah, in your sujood after saying Subhana Rabi'yal Ala and in the last Rakaah before giving salaam, these two places are for one to make dua to Allah.

My duas and with u brother, ul b fine. i was there about a yr ago, and alhamdolillah through increasing my knowledge on the sunnah, my everyday actions strengthened and i am so much focused, all Praise goes to Allah the Lord of the alameen.

All the best

Edited by sisQamar

Salaam alaykum,

Brother Crystal Sword, a while ago i read about someone with a similar problem on Islam Q&A, so i looked it up for you, you can read the answer here

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=11449&dgn=4"]He is suffering from overpowering waswaas [/url]

I hope this helps you.

wa Salaam.

salaam

There was a lecture I heard about whispers of shaitan...There is a jinn (can't remember it name) but it comes to you, is when you have to do fard ghusul and wudhu....he puts in to your mind that your wudu or ghusul is not complete, or you missed this part out and so on....it is recommended in such situation you should ignore these whispers...remember in wudhu it is only compulsory to wash relevant part of your body once and it sunnat to do it three times....If you doing it more than then you should stop do it....same with your salat, as well...if you genuinely made a mistake then repeat otherwise you should not...

hope this helps

ma sallam

Assalamu-alaykum,

Bro Rahim can you provide the daleel for this please....what you posted is all new to me, i've never heard about that.....

Sounds like Obsessive compulsive disorder to me. But its a very minor case.

Thats the psychological definiton, i would take a slightly more Islamic-spiritual stance and say its something to do with being bothered by shaytan because after all, the bathroom is the place of the devils. Just say the appropriate things and step with your left foot, but you already know that.

if you want some more....earthly advice, this is what i would say.

Set yourself a limit, say to yourself, "I am only going to allow myself to re-wash 3 times only"

You MUST stick to it the third time otherwise you will just go round and round in circles. InshaAllah have the right intention, it will work out. Just be disciplined mentally. Sorry bro i cant make it any easier but i say this a lot when advising:

I can only show you the door, you have to be the one to walk through it.

Assalamu-alaykum,

Bro Rahim can you provide the daleel for this please....what you posted is all new to me, i've never heard about that.....

salaam

Sister Kaneeza, you can find what I said in the following book: WASWASAH: The Whispering of the Shaitan by Imam Ibn Qayyim..page 40-43....At the moment I don't have too much time, when I do I will search to see if there is anything on the web

ma sallam

This is obviously during Salaah...but be aware of the evil whispers.

Uthmaan ibn Abi al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him). He came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and complained about it: “The Shaytaan comes between me and my salaah, and causes me to falter in my recitation.†The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a shaytaan (devil) called Khanzab. If you sense his presence, seek refuge with Allaah and spit (dry spitting) to your left three times.†‘Uthmaan (later) said: “I did that, and Allaah rid me of him.†(Saheeh Muslim, no. 2203).

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

I aint bothered to read all the posts but I have heard there is a particular type of Shaitan whosejob is to whisper in certain peoples ears when doing wudhu i.e. saying you missed thi part out or water didn't reach this part of teh finger or whatever.. I will try and reserach on this topic and update you Insha'Allah

WassalamU Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Assalamu alaykum,

Jazakallahu khair bro rahim, dont worry about looking it up i'll do it myself insha Allah....just needed a reference....