Islamic Forum
female

Parents' Hypocrisy

Assalamu alaikum,

I have recently been feeling very lonely. I have no one to confide in, no real friends. There are very few muslims where i live, hardly any are practising. I feel as if no one understands me, especially my parents. Sometimes I feel as if they are two-faced with regards to religion. For example, they are very strict when it comes to praying on time, but then I do not feel like they truly practice Islam with their hearts. I have recently come closer to Islam, al hamdulillah. I used to think that they were super-strict, but now I feel as if they do not implement Islam in the lives. They are too attached to material things. One issue *sigh* is marriage. They think I need to graduate, get a job, do further degrees, before I even think about getting married. i find this very difficult to accept. they also would not mind if i 'met' someone myself, rather than them networking for me! Sometimes I feel as if they have double standards. Sometimes I feel as if i cant talk to them because they treat me like a child. I dont like the double standards - surely you practice Islam in ALL aspects of life, not just some?

Sorry for ranting, I'm sure others have bigger problems, but I really have no one to talk to...

Jazakum Allah khair

PropellerAds

:D

Sis, i have met very very Nice brothers on this forum alhamdulillah, and their very close to me.

And im sure, the sisters here are very nice.

So if you need confiding, im sure the sisters will be more then willing to help you.

we all you know you girls enjoy talking :D

and lolz, you wud not happen to be pakistani wud you, coz many pakistani Parents have double standars, i think they just care TOOO much,

salaam

sister, don't you have a relatives which you can confide with.....many people find themselves in a similar situation, unable to talk to there parents...I know many who say they can't talk to there parents as it ends up in a arguement, so nothing is gained....

I always think the best answer is try and communicate your feelings to your parents one way or another and the best way is often having a third person there which you and your parents respect, like a aunt, uncle or some other relative..Often parents think what they are doing is best for you, if you feel this is not the case then you must express these views, some how...

Brother, crystal sword is right, there are many good sister, here which you can confide in, insa'Allah

hope this makes sense

ma sallam

didn't you say u were already married before :D ?

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Ukthi it seems like you have many problems in this Dunya, may i suggest you take a DEEP breath and analyse where all these problems originate from?

Also may be it is best you speak to a sister with knowkedge, liek an Alima?

Wa'Salam.

ÈöÓúãö Çááåö ÇáÑøóÍúãäö ÇáÑøóÍöíãö

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Insha’Allah you are in the best of health and imaan.

I am sorry to hear about the situation you are in, I just wanted to quickly add if you want to talk you can email me at illuminate_0[at]hotmail.co.uk or add me to msn, whatever you decide, I may not be the best person to speak to but this door is always open to you if you would like to use it. I ain't around here alot right now, have some work to do, but right now can't be bothered to do it, so feel free Dear Sister.

By the way Sister isha, the female is a account made for anyone to use anonymously, so not just one person uses it, loads or people do, well sisters only, there is one for Brothers also called male. I was confused just like you were till I found out.

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu

Guest amani

:D

sorry to hear that sis :D

:D it will get better for you. :D

i think you should sit down with your parents firmly and tell them what you want..what YOU expect of yourself..what YOU think is best for you. if you keep silent then you will upset yourself only. atleast if you told them they will know...

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

"By the way Sister isha, the female is a account made for anyone to use anonymously, so not just one person uses it, loads or people do, well sisters only, there is one for Brothers also called male. I was confused just like you were till I found out."

...opps...i am really sorry for my mistake.

Wa'Salam.

ÈöÓúãö Çááåö ÇáÑøóÍúãäö ÇáÑøóÍöíãö

Wa Alaikum Mus Salam Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Ameen Wa'iyaaki Brother, I'm sorry you didn't know sooner, it is really confusing otherwise.

Read the post here "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=8343"]Anonymous Identity[/url]. (I think its ok if I post that)

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu