Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muhsinmuttaqi

The Roles Of The Prophet

Role: Shafi (intercessor) - Negotiator

How: On day of Judgement when everyone including the Prophets are saying nafsee nafsee (myself). Our beloved Prophet (saw) will be our shafi and say ummati ummati (my nation).

Example/Evidence:

Prophet (saw) said "Every Prophet has a supplication which is [guaranteed to be] answered; every [other] Prophet hastened their supplication, but I have concealed my supplication for intercession for my ummah on the Day of Resurrection, and so it shall reach, InshAllah, everyone who died not associating anything with Allah." [Narrated by Muslim] He will supplicate, "O Lord! Grant me permission [for the deliverance of] those who said 'Laa ilaah aillallaah'." Then, Allah will say, "By My might and My majesty! By My grandeur and My greatness! I shall surely bring forth from [the Fire] whoever said 'laa ilaaha illallaah'." [Narrated by Muslim] Bukhari narrates that "people will come out of the Fire by the intercession of the Prophet Muhammad saw, and will enter Heaven.

Role: Rolemodel - Kudwatun (example/role model) for all of mankind.

How: The best example of how to be in this world as a muslim. Everyone who wants to be a practicing muslim wants to be like him (saw).

Examples/Evidence:

Ayesha (RA) had described the Prophet (saw) as the "walking Qur'an": in other words he was the living example of all the principles and practices embodied in the Qur'an. Prophet (saw) said ‘Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise; and whoever disobeys me surely has rebelled.’ (Bukhari.)

Allah’s Messenger (saw) drew a straight line saying that it is the way to Allâh. Then he drew oblique lines on both the left and right of the straight line, saying that Satan prompts you to follow these. He recited part of the Qur’ânic verse: “This is My way, the straight one. So follow it..†(Ahmad, Nasa’i and Dârimi)

Role: Judge

How Is It: As the prophet of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and as the sultan he had the power to be the judge. Muhammad sallallahu aleihi wassallam was the not just the executive power but also the judiciary power of the government.

Example:

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 5, Book 59, Number 597:

Narrated 'Urwa bin Az-Zubair:

A lady committed theft during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle in the Ghazwa of Al-Fath, ((i.e. Conquest of Mecca). Her folk went to Usama bin Zaid to intercede for her (with the Prophet). When Usama interceded for her with Allah's Apostle, the color of the face of Allah's Apostle changed and he said, "Do you intercede with me in a matter involving one of the legal punishments prescribed by Allah?" Usama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Ask Allah's Forgiveness for me." So in the afternoon, Allah's Apostle got up and addressed the people. He praised Allah as He deserved and then said, "Amma ba'du ! The nations prior to you were destroyed because if a noble amongst them stole, they used to excuse him, and if a poor person amongst them stole, they would apply (Allah's) Legal Punishment to him. By Him in Whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, if Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad stole, I would cut her hand." Then Allah's Apostle gave his order in the case of that woman and her hand was cut off. Afterwards her repentance proved sincere and she got married. 'Aisha said, "That lady used to visit me and I used to convey her demands to Allah's Apostle.

Role: Executioner/Judge

2. How is it: As the sultan of the nation he also carried out the job of the executioner.

3. Example:

Book 017, Number 4207:

Imran b. Husain reported that a woman from Juhaina came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and she had become pregnant because of adultery. She said: Allah's Apostle, I have done something for which (prescribed punishment) must be imposed upon me, so impose that. Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) called her master and said: Treat her well, and when she delivers bring her to me. He did accordingly. Then Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) pronounced judgment about her and her clothes were tied around her and then he commanded and she was stoned to death. He then prayed over her (dead body). Thereupon Umar said to him: Allah's Apostle, you offer prayer for her, whereas she had committed adultery! Thereupon he said: She has made such a repentance that if it were to be divided among seventy men of Medina, it would be enough. Have you found any repentance better than this that she sacrificed her life for Allah, the Majestic?

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

When I find more roles of the prophet sallallahu aleihi wassallam that we can learn from I will add it to this thread.

If you have examples please post it by using the format I used above.

Salam