Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Chocolate Creme Pie

:D

Based on a recipe I previously tried, I devised a possible recipe for Chocolate Creme Pie. I don't know if this will work, but I'd like to share with you my thoughts and get your feedback, :D .

Chocolate Creme Pie

Ingredients:

- 1 ready-made pie crust (9†or 10â€)

- 1 packet cream cheese (8 oz.)

- 2 cups Cool Whip

- ½ cup sugar

- 1 serving chocolate pudding

- ½ cup chocolate chips

Instructions:

In one bowl, add 2 cups Cool Whip, ½ cup sugar, and 1 serving of chocolate pudding. Mix together using wire whisk until smooth. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, place cream cheese and heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Wait a minute and then heat for another 10 seconds to soften. Then beat cream cheese in bowl with wire whisk until somewhat smooth. Next, add contents from other bowl to the bowl with cream cheese, and continue mixing with whisk until everything is blended smoothly. Then, use a large spoon to put cream mixture into pie crust. Use bottom of spoon to smooth out the top of the cream. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly across top of pie. Then place pie in refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.

PropellerAds

wow sounds great...remember to post a picture after you make it... sorry i can't suggest anything...lol.... because my cooking skills are .....*ahem*..lol... and i usually go for the ready mix cakes... where you jus have to add water and its ready to bake...lolzz

Okay, I made the chocolate creme pie, but I'm a bit disappointed. :D The pie is sitting in the fridge for now because it has to set, but when I licked the spoon at the end of my work, it had too much of the cream cheese flavor to it. Too late to do anything at that point. I won't be trying an actual piece of the pie until later today, :D .

I think my recipe above needs to be modified a bit. I only used 1/3 cup of sugar, but I should have probably used the 1/2 cup I mentioned above. Also, to lessen the cream cheese flavor, it might be better to use 1/2 or 2/3 of the 8-ounce package of cream cheese. Also, to make it more chocolatey, it may be advisable to use 1.5 or 2 servings of chocolate pudding instead of just 1. I got a 4-pack of chocolate pudding on sale for less than $1. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but perhaps one should use only 1 cup of whipped cream instead of 2 because of the additional pudding.

With these "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.ibplanet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]modifications[/url], the pie will probably be creamier and it will be harder to cut a piece out cleanly, ya know? So I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to put it in the freezer for a couple hours instead of in the fridge for 4 hours.

Please let me know any feedback or ideas you have.

And without further ado, here's a picture of my chocolate creme pie...

chocolatecremepie4ka.jpg

WOWW!!....... :D ..... that is amazzingg!!... mashallah brother insurrection!! your a real chef!..... hmmmmm ...... now i wonder if i can get that in 1 of those in a ready mix cake styles from tescos.....loll..... :D

Edited by restless_soul