Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
*eli*

Lassi...

Assalamu walikum brothers and sisters...

I love to drink Lassi. Its my favourite drink... But has anybody got any different ideas on how I could make it?

I basically put loads of ice in, low fat natural yoghurt, little sugar and whatever fruit I fancy.. i.e. mango, banana or peach. But thats all the fruits I've tried. Can anybody suggest anything different?

I recently made some for my brothers and they absolutely loved it! I just wish I could make it bit different every time they came over!

Thank in advance!

Assalamu walikum,

Your Muslim sis. :D

PropellerAds
Assalamu walikum brothers and sisters...

I love to drink Lassi. Its my favourite drink... But has anybody got any different ideas on how I could make it?

I basically put loads of ice in, low fat natural yoghurt, little sugar and whatever fruit I fancy.. i.e. mango, banana or peach. But thats all the fruits I've tried. Can anybody suggest anything different?

I recently made some for my brothers and they absolutely loved it! I just wish I could make it bit different every time they came over!

Thank in advance!

Assalamu walikum,

Your Muslim sis.  :D

:D

Lassi is a cool drink. My mom only makes it once in a blue moon. She does the very basic lassi (sugar, ice, yogurt).

One idea is to get a can of diced pineapples and some coconut flakes, and add that to the yogurt/ice/sugar. Then you'd have a halal pina colada drink. :D

Assalamu walikum,

Thanks for your suggestion... In fact I love pineapple and coconut drinks, so I think I should try it with Lassi. never thought of that!!! :D

Its is most certainly a cool drink and also good for you!

With duas'

Assalamu walikum,

I love mango lassi. I am not clear how to make it. DO we need low fat Greek yoghurt to make it?? Do we also need ice?? Also can we use the canned fruit such as mango, pineapple? If someone could post the ingredient and how to make it, i would appreciate it. :D

Lol! :D I thought you meant the dog Lassi at first :D

Hmmm sounds nice, I should try it, isn't it like smoothies?

Assalamu walikum,

yes they are like smoothies...

Ingredients to make mango lassi: (my way anyway)

for 2 - 3 people:

6 - 8 ice cubes into blender.

Add Low fat natural yoghurt... Don't have to use greek... greek yoghut is thicker so wouldn't work as well.

One whole tub... 500g

Add 3 teaspoons of sugar, any sugar doesn't matter what you use.

Then add slices of fresh mango.. if you've got it, works best and tastes gorgeous!

And blitz away! Pour into glasses and serve.

In my opinion tinned fruits don't work well because they are usually in syrup which gives it artificial sweetness!

Hope I have been able to help...

Assalamu walikum,

your Muslim sis.

p.s. Tinned pineapple is ok. Try Peaches, fresh! Bananas really nice...

Lol zainab. Even i thought lassi was the dog.

Sis eli_ch05, thank you so much. Just reading above made my mouth water. I will try when i get home inshallah. Can i try with fresh papaya? Wonder how that would taste!

Assalamu walikum sister swanlake....

Yeah you could try with papaya but it would have to be really ripe... I think it would be somewhat like mangp? Maybe little different!

Assalamu walikum,

your Muslim sis.

weelll for a second there I was wondering why someone was cooking lassie the dog in our kicthen area...sQ thought..."my, have we got a chinese visiting us on IF, showing us how to make that yummy dog roast?"

just kidding guys.

this sounds yummy...maybe I'll try with vanilla yogurt..mango...and strawberry's...how would cherry's do with that u think?

Edited by sis Qassab

Hmm... :D Vanilla Yoghurt... I'm not sure about that. I love Vanilla Yoghurt don't get me wrong, but would it work as Lassi drink? What about Vanilla icecream as base for milkshake? That works out better I think.

Cherries might work if they were ripe I guess. personally, I don't like any cherry drinks, so would munch on them alone! lolz :D

Good luck with the experimenting!

Sis Eli-ch05..i tried lassi with the tinned pineapple. TO be honest my measuring was bit off as it didnt come out as i would liked. Perhaps mango would be the better option. Also i can uderstand when you said that fresh fruit is better. Banana was good you said? I could try that tomorow.

yeah sister swanlake, banana is probably the nicest flavour... next to mango of course. its easiest to make as you can never add too much banana.

hope you enjoy it.

its the best way to get your daily intake of calcium i reckon, for kids too!

your muslim sis.

vanilla ice cream

oooh that even sounds better. truth is i dont even like vanilla yoghurt last time i tried it i got naucious. I thought it might work well with other fruits...but vanilla ice cream is faaar better i think.

Guest amani

mango lassi and plain lassi is all i tasted but im now going to try other ones :D

What was your verdict then Amani? :D

Hope you enjoyed them... :D

Your Muslim sis

Salaam,

You know................ I've tired Mumtaz mango lassi!!!

I have two things to say about it................!!!

Its over priced and it last like powder?!?!? :D

Fresh Lassi is the best..........!!! :D

You know if you add ice it really adds to the flavour?!?! :D

Wasalaam

Without ice it would just taste like normal yoghurt with flavouring. Its the ice which makes it nice and refreshing and also to an easily drinkable consistancy, especially if you don't have a straw!

But... :D My hubby dear... Doesn't like too much ice as he has sensitive teeth!!! TYPICAL! Its like what makes a lassi perfect... :D Men! You know the saying... can't live with them and can't live without them. :D

Your Muslim sis

Way i make it is with milk too and i add tin of mango pulp the plain yogurt sugar and milk to make it more runny mix it all up and mmmmmmm its delicious. YUm Yum!

try adding a bit of cococunut milk and small pieces of pineapple to your lassi , belive me it taste yuuuuummmmmmmmmy :D

JazakAllah kair sis Tamarbutah and brother slave for your suggestions!

Eliza