Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
*eli*

Best Salads...

Assalamu walikum...

I love eating salads... And usually I use every salad vegetable I can get my hands on.

Anybody got any ideas of anything different I could try?

I use:

Tomatoes, Iceberg Lettuce, Cucumber, Carrots, Onion, Chilli, Spring Onion, Red Cabbage, Rocket Leaf, White Cabbage, Coriander, Peppers (sometimes). Thats it...

Thanks in advance...

Assalamu walikum,

Your Muslim sis.

PropellerAds

:D

That list of vegetables you listed actually sounds quite extensive for a salad. :D It sounds yummy. Usually when I eat salad -- which is hardly ever -- we just get the generic salad package that's made up mostly of ordinary lettuce, but also has some of that purple lettuce and tiny strips of carrots.

I think adding sliced radishes would be a nice touch. And then some low-fat ranch dressing. Is there a Caesar salad dressing or something? I had one dressing but can't remember what it was called. It was good. And you could also sprinkle some grated cheese on top.

lolzz..... sister eli_chy05 your salad sounds like my mums..lol.... she also puts in every type of vegetable that possibly exists including those baby radishs...lol... :D

And then some low-fat ranch dressing. Is there a Caesar salad dressing or something? I had one dressing but can't remember what it was called. It was good. And you could also sprinkle some grated cheese on top.

hmmm......i have never had any type of dressing on my salad apart from the plain lemon juice or normal yoghurt chutney to go on the side...... wow. :D . even cheese?!... brother mashallah you must be very healthy..... i hate most diary products such as cheese... especially if its not on a normal pizza.....lolzz.......

...yep i am very unhealthy...lol.... i'm a teenager can you blame me? :D ..lol

I had another idea. How about adding fresh spinach leaves to salad?

I do add cheese... In fact thats what i usually eat my salads with! And Tuna sometimes. I have mint yoghurt sometimes as a side salad sauce kind of thing.

its red cabbage not purple lettuce :D Yeh I also use it... Its gorgeous!

Thanks for your tips, will try some salad dressing Insha'Allah soon.

Salad is my food, without all the above mentioned ingredients a salad isn't a salad for me! :D

With duas',

Your Muslim sis.

What is the difference between a salad and my garden?

Assalamu walikum,

What is the difference between a salad and my garden?

If your garden is in a salad bowl and got salad dressing etc then nothing... lolz

Assalamu walikum...

Your Muslim sis!

aoa sister

i use:

rocket

loadsa lettuce,

coriander,

flat parsley,

tomatoes,

cucumber,

green olives (sometimes filled with jalepeno)

mizuna leafs

spinach a

and my FAVOURITE avocado which makes the salad so rich and creamy tasting

i make my own dressing:

light olive oil

half lemon juice freshly squeezed

ground black peppar

little salt for taste

or i use the most delicious french dressing in the world!!!!!

knorr french dressing which is ONLY available in germany and switzerland (i bought it over whilst on hols) and i cannot get it anywhere in the uk as i have ran out!!!!! but honestly your salad will taste like heaven with it!!

ermmm......if anyone goes over to these countries pleeeease bring some back for meeee!!! i will pay you 10 times as much!! lolz :D

ws

Edited by zee

:D must be something then!

Have you tried buying some over the net?

Your Muslim sis

waslaam sister

yes ive searched for it evrywhere on net but no luck whatsoever, ive tried typing in 'knorr french dressing' , a couple have come up but theyr not the right ones........will just have to go all the way to swizz again! lolz id pay anything for it!

any more salad ideas?

:D sister Zee

Nope, no more salad ideas from me! Anyone else welcome to introduce us to some though!!!

Your Muslim Sis

:D sister Zee

Nope, no more salad ideas from me! Anyone else welcome to introduce us to some though!!!

Your Muslim Sis

lettuce,cucumber,tomatoes,onio

s.tuna and some wedges with a dressing of salad cream and tomatoe ketchup :D its soo tasty it makes me cry :D

Edited by lailaha_ilalla

Add tuna.....and you have a "salade Nicoise"....Ooooo and black olives and a boiled egg cut up into slices.

And my special dressing!

:D Jazak Allah Khair ladies for sharin ur recipes, inshaALlah going to try em soon :D well my sis in law tells me I make the best shes ever tasted lol but thats her , I think its alright.

Heres what I use:

cucumbers

tomatoes

mint

parsley

green onions

Everything diced reaaaally small & b4 I begin I always say Bismillah and make duaa hopin it tastes decent lol

Dressing (sometimes used):

Lemon Juice

Olive oil mixed with oregano

Pinch of salt

Yallah Enjoy! :D

aoa

aw that all sounds lush!

yum scrum ee bye gum!

asmauk whats the speacial dressing?

I usually make a salad that has the following ingredients:

Small cut halaal chicken breast pieces cooked over a pan using sunflower oil mixed with a bit of "haldi", garlic and red spices including a bit of briyani "masala".

Then I add in some lettuce and just about any kind of vegetables I can find even broccoli and mix it up with the chicken :D

Then of course I add in usually italian or any sauce of any kind whichever you would prefer.

Chicken salad, especially when the Chicken is freshly cooked, tastes great (when its HALAAL!)!

Fahid

aoa

try adding avocado slices/peices to that after you cooked chicken, it tastes awesome too!

Assalaamu'alaykum

sister eliza :D

what about beetroot? it gives this nice red colour to the salad.

i usually do a dressing with some vinegar, honey, olive oil, mustard seeds (? that yellow paste thing with those bits of black round stuff? :D) and just a wee bit of salt. it's yummy!

learnt it in scotland when i was there :D

here in my country, people don't usually take salad.

even if they do, it's the usual thousand island, mayonnaise dressing that comes in bottles. we also have french dressing and the like.. never tried them.

wassalaamu'alaykum

yeah beetroot is a favourite of some people... but me not like beetroot :D :D ... So me keeps it away!!! :D

But your dressing sounds delicious! Might try it, Insha'Allah.

Some good ideas coming through now. :D

Eliza

Try sprinkling some sunflower seeds over the salad when eating it. Gives it a nice taste.

Assalamu Alaikum, POTATO SALAD ANYONE:

3 Boiled Potatoes

2 boiled eggs

1 stick of celery

A Quarte piece of Sweet Pepper (Capsicum)

__ Chop the Potatoes and Eggs into little cubes and put them in a bowl.

__ Chop the Celery and Pepper into thin slices and add to the bowl.

__ Add quarter cup of Mayonnaise to the bowl and mix it poperly.

__ If you want you could chop a tomato into little pieces and a little parsley and decorate it.

__ Depending on your taste, add or substract the amount of Mayonnaise.

__ET VOILA, AUNTY MASOOMA'S POTATO SALAD, to go with Steak or Baked or Fried Chicken. Or just as a snack.

PS: You could substitute the Potatoes with One cup of Boiled macaroni, and you will have Macaroni Salad.

Wassalamu Alaikum, masooma.

i never put egg in my potato salad. i'm supposed to make some today. don't you put sugar in it?

Assalamu Alaikum, blue dew,

i never put egg in my potato salad. i'm supposed to make some today. don't you put sugar in it?

No No No, no sugar, The mayonnaise has whatever the salad needs, You get mayo, where you live right, try it inshaAllah everybody will like it. Salaams, aunty masooma.

Assalamaualikum,

heres a salad i made the other day for my dad. he loves salad. in the background is coleslaw surrounded by cucumbers.

Salad2.jpg